• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

pringles

But it increases the resell value of your console - but anyway, why would you ever want to sell the console/game? I want to hold onto mine till I'm an old man and pass it down to my kids or nephews.
This! So glad I still have my DS lite, dusted it off and have been blasting through GBA LTTP this week. Handhelds are so easy to hang on to.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Guess I wasn't lucky with the post this time. Hopefully tomorrow

But then again the post I got for a house two doors down doesn't fill me confidence. If a neighbour has my game because of this shoddy new postal service…

………

…well it will be TNT for TNT.

RE lover

I've just finished the game, took me 3 days. Now I'm trying to complete it 100%. I must say I think it was too easy. I guess this is because I've played ALTTP so many times that I knew where should I go almost all the time. Still awesome game, my favourite dungeon is the ice one (which I played last in my run)

BUT... I can't believe I haven't found
the pegasus boots
yet lol... been searching like a crazy man but there's something I'm clearly missing... anyone found it yet?

Seda

I was able to get Amazon.com to change my order to release date shipping (no charge). Should have it by the end of the say tomorrow, at least.

takriel

I've just finished the game, took me 3 days. Now I'm trying to complete it 100%. I must say I think it was too easy. I guess this is because I've played ALTTP so many times that I knew where should I go almost all the time. Still awesome game, my favourite dungeon is the ice one (which I played last in my run)

the pegasus boots
yet lol... been searching like a crazy man but there's something I'm clearly missing... anyone found it yet?

Try the robber who stole the stone from the Zora Queen.

Ein Bear

In the same boat. Guys! Seriously, what!

Same here. My copy still hasn't shipped.

And the same thing happened to me with Wind Waker HD, which was the very first time ShopTo didn't get a game to me a day early. ShopTo seem to be cursed with Zelda games :S

the pegasus boots

Use the wall to sneak behind the shady guy in Kakariko who runs away when you approach him. It's the same guy who stole the Zora Queen's stone.

RE lover

Try the robber who stole the stone from the Zora Queen.

really?? I thought you needed the boots precisely to catch him! Now that's one difference from ALTTP lol

thanks for the quick response guys!

Oh BTW I think the fire rod is waaaay too overpowered in this game,
specially once you have it upgraded!

But still so much fun to use it, might become one of my favourite zelda items

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I've been on a media blackout on this game basically since it was announced. Can't wait to pick it up with Mario 3D World tomorrow! Thank you Best Buy for giving me $100 for a 20GB launch PS3!

Nosgoroth

Got it! And by "it" I mean the 3DS XL LE~~!

Now, I suppose I can transfer without it registering on Club Nintendo, right? Because I'd need to wait until the end of the month to register it and qualify for the free SM3DL code. Now, I'm not going to wait to redeem the Zelda ALBW code, but Bravely Default will qualify me anyway.

Now to wait until midnight to redeem the game code, I guess?

Sane_Man

I'm stuck on (about 5 hours in)
The Thieves' Hideout.

I just can't figure this one out. There are lots of spots with two red switches on the floor but there's nothing I can find to place on top of the other switch, nor do any of the items seem to help. Can anyone help please??

Grizzo

I'm stuck on (about 5 hours in)
The Thieves' Hideout.

I just can't figure this one out. There are lots of spots with two red switches on the floor but there's nothing I can find to place on top of the other switch, nor do any of the items seem to help. Can anyone help please??

You need to find the thief girl and free her from her jail. She will then follow you everywhere and you'll have to protect her from the ennemies and also use her to activate the switches. I think she is on the lowest floor.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Man, that 3DS XL looks so sexy!

You should have made Link lift the XL above his head! LOL!

"Now, hold it above your head
for the whole world to see, OK?
It's good for business!"

LOL yeah, sadly the figure isn't that powerful.
Though, I believe Samus would be stable enough.

RagnarokX

Man I can't wait until tomorrow.

I'm upgrading to the Zelda XL. Do you have to make a family account to get CN coins for an XL if you already have a regular 3DS?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
All the back and forths I've had with Amazon seems to be over- I'm being told again that the game will be delivered tomorrow and I'm being credited $20 for all the nonsense that led to this.

Grizzo

Anyone knows how to
break the rock in front of the temple that is south Link's House?

West from there there's a guy who grows a big bomb flower in his garden. You'll have to pay him 200 rupees to use it. And then you'll have to pick it up and it will follow you everywhere. Protect it from the ennemies or else it will explode and you'll have to go back to take another one with you.

Keyouta

My copy probably won't ship until Tuesday, and then it will take a week to get here. :( I don't have much hope in futureshop.

Game looks great though, can't wait to play!

masterkajo

Everyone getting their 3DS XL Gold editions. At my local retailer they say they won't release until the 29th. Are you guys getting it early or is my retailer not knowing his stuff (again).

oatmeal

Banned
I hope the great feedback from reviewers on this game and the non-linear/non-handholdy approach makes Nintendo really look at what they're doing with the Wii U one.

Anyone knows how to
break the rock in front of the temple that is south Link's House?

You don't break the rocks, you need an item to lift the boulders.

West from there there's a guy who grows a big bomb flower in his garden. You'll have to pay him 200 rupees to use it. And then you'll have to pick it up and it will follow you everywhere. Protect it from the ennemies or else it will explode and you'll have to go back to take another one with you.

Was he talking about Hyrule or Lorule? The "temple" south of Link's House in Hyrule is a treasure dungeon blocked by large boulders.

Grizzo

Was he talking about Hyrule or Lorule? The "temple" south of Link's House in Hyrule is a treasure dungeon blocked by large boulders.

Oh yeah actually I think you're right, I thought he was talking about
the Swamp Palace
!

Top Bottom