• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Anyone knows if there's a tiny-upgrade-animal difficult to find in Hyrule's South area? Map says I'm only missing 1, I've explored the whole area again and again but can't find it, not even hear it. >_>

Kouriozan

Finished it, I didn't expect to shed a tear :(
OST is sooooo good, but can't find it on youtube yet since the game is still not really out.

Skilletor

I'm gonna be spending the next month playing this, Tearaway, and going to a friend's house to play SM3DW :p

I keep seeing people talk about Tearaway, but I have no idea what it is. What's a good gameplay vid to check out what's got people so hype?

I'm probably done buying games for the rest of the year, but its reviews have me intrigued.

ASIS

So my card isn't accepted :/.
Are there any trustworthy sites that can give me the code digitally or is that not a thing?

antonz

amazon is charged me for the game but it's not arriving until Tuesday. lame.
You could try customer service though might be too late to get it for tomorrow. At the very least they should refund you shipping or something

So my card isn't accepted :/.
Are there any trustworthy sites that can give me the code digitally or is that not a thing?

Your digital code if from the bundle probably wont be accepted until midnight est.

OmegaZero

I keep seeing people talk about Tearaway, but I have no idea what it is. What's a good gameplay vid to check out what's got people so hype?

I'm probably done buying games for the rest of the year, but its reviews have me intrigued.

Have you checked out the OT? I haven't really been keeping up either but I imagine there might be some good ones.

Contemplating dealing with the Xbox One madness to get my copy of Zelda at midnight. I went in today to ask, and there were a ton of dudes in flat-brimmed still-stickered New Era caps getting turned away by the store manager. Woe is the bro who procrastinates, fo' sho.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The game's out in Italy. Downloading right now (yep, my first retail title bought through eShop...thanks Amazon.co.uk not doing free shipment in Italy anymore ;_; ).

D-e-f-

Banned
I have a question, guys.

I already have a PAL copy of the game, but I'm thinking on importing an US Zelda 3DS XL because fucking region lock that's why.

Will I be able to connect to the American eShop from Spain?

From a US 3DS, yes. The region is hard-coded into the 3DS itself. It doesn't care about your IP. You can always connect to your 3DS' regional stores.

Edit: that's true for all their systems, btw. It's how people import their Japanese Wii U stuff on the cheap. Get a JP system, then buy eShop money on play-asia and go digital for imports.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If Nintendo and Amazon would get over their stupid spat...maybe they'd carry digital codes :(

Can you run to GameStop or WalmarT?

They're starting solving their quarrel: several 3DS models have been available for a month, I think, after lots of time without them being sold directly by Amazon, and Amazon themselves are promoting 3DS (ad in the main page, no infamous 3DS-Vita comparison chart anymore...). Maybe, this is one of the things obtained by Iwata as NoA COO. Hopefully, they'll improve more and more.

BooJoh

amazon is charged me for the game but it's not arriving until Tuesday. lame.

I literally got off of customer service chat minutes ago and this is how it went.

Initial Question: This item is available for release date delivery, and I ordered it 3 days ahead of time with Prime 2-day shipping, but estimated delivery is next week.

11:01 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): Hello, This is Daniel, I will be assisting you today
let me check on your order, just one moment
11:03 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): Ok, I already verified that, it looks that the Delivery Date on your order was applied by mistake, I'm really sorry for that. I have already corrected the issue.
11:04 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): I will change the shipping method to One Day shipping, that means you can get it on the release day that is tomorrow: Delivery Due Date: Friday, November 22, 2013
11:04 PM(GMT) Me: Thank you very much
11:04 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): You're very welcome, I will be sending you a confirmation e-mail for you to have as a back up of the change
Is there anything else I can help you with?
11:05 PM(GMT) Me: Not today, thanks again
11:05 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): Aright, thank you for contacting Amazon and Have a nice day

The whole thing took about 5 minutes, they upgraded my order to 1-day for free, and the item page says you still have ~45 minutes to get it release day.

ASIS

If Nintendo and Amazon would get over their stupid spat...maybe they'd carry digital codes :(

Can you run to GameStop or WalmarT?
Im in Switzerland right now, but with an NTSC 3DS. So no walmart or gamestop here. I suppose this is the perfect time to give a very sincere fuck you to Nintendo. Oh well I'll call someone to get some cards for me tomorrow, but really WTF?

But thank you everyone for your suggestions, I really appreciate your help.

One last thing, though.do any of you know this site? Is it trustworthy? Apparently it does deliver digital points but no way in hell am I risking it.

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/Nintendo-E-Shop-50/

Peff

Looks like the economy is still fucked, item shop or not. It's so hard to die that renting pretty much equals buying, which means you have almost the entire set of items from the get-go. Hopefully there's some use for these extra 2000+ rupees and counting I have. If only you could play Hero Mode from the beginning...

Stopped at Lorule, I'm taking my time to avoid burning through it too quickly.

They should add a warning at the start like horror games do and tell you to play with headphones. Really awesome music.

Frillen

Just completed my fifth dungeon. Overall the dungeons are pretty easy, but the most important thing for me is that none of them have been frustrating. Just plain ole' good Zelda.

KHlover

Banned
Im in Switzerland right now, but with an NTSC 3DS. So no walmart or gamestop here. I suppose this is the perfect time to give a very sincere fuck you to Nintendo. Oh well I'll call someone to get some cards for me tomorrow, but really WTF?

But thank you everyone for your suggestions, I really appreciate your help.

One last thing, though.do any of you know this site? Is it trustworthy? Apparently it does deliver digital points but no way in hell am I risking it.

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/Nintendo-E-Shop-50/

I bought my 50€ eShop credit on wiipoints.de, but that site isn't really viable at night :/

Rich!

I can't believe I'll have this IN MY HANDS, MARCUS in under six hours.

To me, that quote implies you'll get the golden 3DS only to have it swiped by another treasure hunter at the last minute.

And then when you do get it back, you'll donate it to a museum.

You will then fly with the help of a lasagna to China where you find a man called Dave. He speaks fluent cboat. Unbeknownst to yourself, the army of sliced onion faced hippo monitors are arriving to take back their prize.

To me, that quote implies you'll get the golden 3DS only to have it swiped by another treasure hunter at the last minute.

And then when you do get it back, you'll donate it to a museum.

You will then fly with the help of a lasagna to China where you find a man called Dave. He speaks fluent cboat. Unbeknownst to yourself, the army of sliced onion faced hippo monitors are arriving to take back their prize.

No. In the film he said "I had it, Marcus. I had it in my hands." I said I'll HAVE it in my hands. :p

As for your bottom statement, I have no idea but I laughed.

wrowa

Played through the third dungeon by now. It's amazing how fluid the graphics are, it was really a good decision to aim for 60fps instead of the usual 30fps of other Zelda games. It's just so smooth! Graphics in general look pretty nice to me, although I can imagine that it might not be as pleasant to look at on the screen of the 3DS XL.

The soundtrack is honestly amazing, but the usage of retro sound effects hurts the experience a little. While listening to high quality background music it's rather grating to experience the low quality sound effects at the same time. But, well, whatever.

Gameplay is great, being able to chose "your own adventure" is fun too, but I'm not quite sure yet if the game's will be as fun in the longrun when you pretty much have all of the items available to you after one or two hours of playtime. So far it's definitely on the easy side and renting is rather cheap, so...

Love it so far, though. Can't wait to continue playing ... tomorrow. :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Tomorrow is going to be one of the best days to be a Nintendo fan ever. I feel like a little kid again!

It's just a 3D adventure/platformer that seems to really utilize the Vita creatively. Check out the OT, it looks promising I think. Like some other folks in there, I'm probably gonna be going to an XB1 launch tonight and walking out with only a Vita game :p Getting Zelda from Gamefly, probably won't arrive before next Tuesday for me.

Top Bottom