• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

The Boat

Just got the game! Having a blast so far. :) I'm on my way to the first dungeon.

How soon can you get the
Pegasus boots?

You need to go to Zora's domain, this triggers the event that allows you to get the boots iirc. This can be done as soon as you can morph into a painting I think
. I'm being vague, but I can provide with a more detailed description if you want :p

Tadale

Can't stress enough how important 60 fps is in this game - it really makes the 3D pop. Going to be hard to go back to pokemon after this.

Mistle

The day has come for Australians! (unfortunately still a week or so until 3D World though..)

No matter, Zelda is enough. I'm excited to pick it up around lunch :D

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
This game. Guys. This game. This is the feeling I had in 1991 when I played ALTTP. What a goddamn game. Even as a kid, I had this thought everytime I refinished the game, that one day I some hero would come to pluck out that Master Sword out of it's pedestal once more. At least I hoped. That would "forever" thing was such a bummer.

Nintendo, you crazy bastards. You freaking did it. This game is literally perfect. I'm already dungeons deep within Lorule.

Pretty fun so far. I never understood the complaints about the graphic style and I still don't I think the game looks great. I love that I don't need to upgrade my wallet (I know that's a 3D Zelda thing but I am glad it's not here).

One thing though.
I had to get an item be able to assign tools to the X button? That's seems out of place.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I am awake, and will soon begin my 40 minute walk to collect Zeruda.

The Boat

Quick question guys: I don't have much nostalgia associated with ALTTP, does this game leverage itself on that too much?

Not really. If you played ALTTP and love it, it'll be a beautiful reunion and a new look at the same world, with the downside that... well, you've seen it before. Asides from that it stands perfectly on its own.

Eusis

Not really. If you played ALTTP and love it, it'll be a beautiful reunion and a new look at the same world, with the downside that... well, you've seen it before. Asides from that it stands perfectly on its own.
It's fun how it mixes things up some, but what I REALLY want is a new world entirely to explore in a 2D(-ish) space. Hopefully this does well enough that they visit that in the next 3DS game.

The Boat

It's fun how it mixes things up some, but what I REALLY want is a new world entirely to explore in a 2D(-ish) space. Hopefully this does well enough that they visit that in the next 3DS game.

It's an interesting case study for sure. Not presenting a new world is obviously not a very good thing, but the way it embraces its legacy while doing new things is one of the best points of the game. It's just an incredibly balanced and well paced classic Zelda adventure that does new things as well.

You need to go to Zora's domain, this triggers the event that allows you to get the boots iirc. This can be done as soon as you can morph into a painting I think
. I'm being vague, but I can provide with a more detailed description if you want :p

Thanks, I'll let you know if I need more help. :)

---

So how rare is the golden bee? I got it like almost right away after the bee guy told me to find one, lol.

Just got my copy. Eager to crack it open and play this. On a side note I was replaying Phantom Hourglass while I waites for this to come out. I still PH is a charming game despite the negativity.

Yup can't wait to get back to Hyrule.

The game is just so smooth and fast paced. It's a joy to slash at the grass and so far I have spent most of my time running around the overworld cutting the grass and finding caves.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
This game is so damn good. I've completed the first dungeon and it just feels exactly like the Zelda games I love the most - LA, the Oracles and LttP. Slick and fun.

What is the better game to get.
This or 3D World?

c7NJRa2.jpg

3D World is my choice. But I'm getting both,

Animal

Banned
Just started playing this. The game looks and sounds beautiful. It has very smooth controls and fluid animations everywhere. I'm left very impressed from my first impression.

so1337

Playing this game made me realize why I don't traditionally like the top-down Zelda entries. It's actually not the top-down perspective that bothers me, it's the lack of analog control.

jmls1121

Banned
Can't stress enough how important 60 fps is in this game - it really makes the 3D pop. Going to be hard to go back to pokemon after this.

Its going to be hard to go back to 30 fps zelda after this.

Zelda gameplay in 60 fps is downright incredible.

XenodudeX

I'm constantly amazed how great this game looks with the 3D on. Anyone who says Nintendo is moving away from it is completely wrong.

Drago

Awesome, Gamefly actually shipped this out to me today!

Hopefully I can finish up LttP before it gets here. And Mario 3D World x_x

Rich!

I can't get over how great this game looks with the 3D on. Anyone who says Nintendo is moving away from it is completely wrong.

It's so far imo the best use of 3D on the console.

And the moments where you're on a balcony of a high floor in a dungeon, and you can see hyrule miles down below, are amazing.

I really wish I was playing this right now, but fucking Amazon UK couldn't get it to me today. Did anybody?

I'm wondering where I should preorder Super Mario 3D World for next week. I just cancelled my Amazon UK preorder. I've usually been okay with ShopTo, with them getting me the games a day early most of the time. There was one exception with Wind Waker HD, though. That came a day late. Where do you guys preorder?

Tom_Cody

How far do you have to play into the game before you can start to receive Streetpasses? Does anyone know? Is there a specific moment?

I am going to be traveling this weekend and I want to get start accumulating Streetpasses if possible but I otherwise I'm not really planning to dive into the game until I get home.

Laieon

It's so far imo the best use of 3D on the console.

And the moments where you're on a balcony of a high floor in a dungeon, and you can see hyrule miles down below, are amazing.

That sounds awesome. I really wish 3D of any kind wasn't instant headache material for me. :(

big_erk

The 60 FPS really makes a huge difference. It's the best FEELING zelda game for me already.

It also does wonders for the 3D effect.

Cross posted since it applies here...

I just went to Best Buy just to check out what was going on with the Xbone and Mario and Zelda. They had a huge stack of those fake Xbone boxes and multiple people were walking up to them, then getting pissed off. So stupid of Best Buy to do that like that. It looked perfectly like they had it in stock.

I then asked about Mario. The guy working games had NO clue what I was talking about. He handed me multiple other games, like the guy that previously mentioned someone in GameStop did. They didn't have a tag out for it, no display, nothing. He said he had never heard of it before, that they didn't get it, and that they wouldn't be carrying it.

Same story with Zelda. No clue, tried to hand me multiple games, including Wind Waker, and he said the same crap about it. Also, same with no tag, no display, nothing at all.

I had him look up both in the system and yeah, they had like 30 copies of Zelda and 20 copies of Mario. He was just oh, ok, that's news to me. He said it was his department and it's his job to take care of everything back there and that he was going to get around to sorting everything out and he guessed put those two new games out at some point today. I felt like telling him to get off his lazy fat ass and get to work. Best Buy has the biggest morons working for them, it's ridiculous. Every time I go there, every time, I deal with pure idiocy. Don't get me started on my experience after that, but that's for another thread.

Surprisingly, when I went to Gamestop to get mine, there was only one girl working in the store. I told her what I wanted and she she said "Cool!" I could tell right away she was a Zelda fan. She asked me if I had seen the SE Zelda 3DS XL. I said yes and she said she had asked the first person who bought one if they would show it to her. She said it was beautiful, she actually swooned while telling me this. Zelda love was strong in this one.

Cross posted since it applies here...

I just went to Best Buy just to check out what was going on with the Xbone and Mario and Zelda. They had a huge stack of those fake Xbone boxes and multiple people were walking up to them, then getting pissed off. So stupid of Best Buy to do that like that. It looked perfectly like they had it in stock.

I then asked about Mario. The guy working games had NO clue what I was talking about. He handed me multiple other games, like the guy that previously mentioned someone in GameStop did. They didn't have a tag out for it, no display, nothing. He said he had never heard of it before, that they didn't get it, and that they wouldn't be carrying it.

Same story with Zelda. No clue, tried to hand me multiple games, including Wind Waker, and he said the same crap about it. Also, same with no tag, no display, nothing at all.

I had him look up both in the system and yeah, they had like 30 copies of Zelda and 20 copies of Mario. He was just oh, ok, that's news to me. He said it was his department and it's his job to take care of everything back there and that he was going to get around to sorting everything out and he guessed put those two new games out at some point today. I felt like telling him to get off his lazy fat ass and get to work. Best Buy has the biggest morons working for them, it's ridiculous. Every time I go there, every time, I deal with pure idiocy. Don't get me started on my experience after that, but that's for another thread.

IDK about BB having the biggest morons...I went to Wal Mart right before midnight to see if they had the Zelda 3DSXL which was in the ad for $199. Upon asking about it the guy said something along the lines of "IDK, if we'll get it or not, Nintendo Consoles don't sell. We have the Xbox One tonight at midnight, and you can already buy games for it...." He didn't seem to want to try and look for it, check if they had it, etc.... Instead he wanted to sell me something I didn't want/already own not to mention that the 3DSXL is selling plenty, which isn't even the point. I guess it was just frustrating that instead of checking, he would rather just push off whatever was "handy" instead of what the customer asked for.

georly

You get 100 rupees no matter at what time you finish it seems, and completing it requires you to get to 999.99 seconds I think.

Wait really? What do you get for completing it? It took me 20 minutes to break the 100 second mark, i can't imagine how many retries itll take me to get the 999.99 mark.

Top Bottom