• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

georly

Seems nice but people would complain about padding. OoT had a couple dungeons like that and it felt like it was enough. If they did it 9 times people would start to complain about padding the length of the game.

Ok, maybe not for all of the items, but, stuff like that. Like the way this game handles the
Power gloves and zora's flippers
. A combination of that and how ocarina handled the iron boots would make each item feel like you EARNED it and now you can finally get passed that obstacle you saw earlier, or enter that dungeon you accidentally encountered. Vary it up, make it feel rewarding, have the game teach you how to use the item in the process, stuff like that.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I've been wondering around, kind of lost, for about an hour after the first dungeon.

It's about time.

Try this -

remove the larger SD card from your current 3DS.

Do the system transfer to send your data over to the new 3DS XL

After the transfer is complete, put your larger SD card into the new 3DS XL

You should see all of your downloaded games, etc. on the card and be able to play them.

I did this on friday with my 3DS and the Zelda XL

This worked perfectly. Thanks a ton!

Stoze

I've got to say one of the best changes in this game that doesn't get praised enough is having a refillable magic bar for all the items, solely because it makes items viable alternatives to your sword. I've used my bow as my main attacking method for most of the game, and now I've started switching it up to use the fine fire rod for attacking. You may have to wait a few seconds to recharge every once in a while, but it's worth it (though I haven't gotten my master sword upgraded yet).

ARGH

So my R button on my 3DS went completely out, to the point where every time I play it functions as if it is constantly being held down. This means that Link is perpetually walking around with his shield held up.

To make matters worse, the light on my touch screen keeps flickering and randomly going out too! Great timing :/

Metaroo

This game is really really fun. Amazingly so. I'm hooked. I don't think the way the game presents objectives is confusing as some gaffers are saying, but its definitely a change of pace having to actually find routes through the world map to find dungeons.

MBR

Banned
Finished the game 100% earlier today without using a guide, and it took me 17:24 according to the Activity Log, with maybe half an hour of that being the 3DS laying open during breaks.

Great game, you're thrown into it instantly, and I got pleasantly surprised by the difficulty (Until you got
both tunics
at least)

So where do I get the 4th
master ore piece
?
I don't know which one you're missing, but all of them are found here:
- Lorule graveyard
- Dark Palace
- Skull Woods dungeon
- Thieve's hideout

Sendou

People confused and not entirely sure what to do in a modern Zelda game? Holy shit I need to have this.

I'm surprised about how much there's "you just have to figure this out". It's great. Granted it's not much but it's refreshing to play a Zelda game where at every turn the developer doesn't treat you like a moron. They still added the Hint Glasses which I haven't tried myself but in theory it's a great concept (walk in real life to receive hints other players can skip if they so wish).

Frolow

Banned
Fucking hell, some of the enemies on Death Mountain can two-hit you. Already died twice to them, and with a full inventory both times!

FSLink

Banned
After you get to Lorule, you can buy items.

EDIT: Selective reading on my end lol. You can find some items in dungeons, but they aren't the typical equipping items.

It's actually right before Lorule, I can already buy items and I haven't gotten there yet but I just got the Master Sword.

afoni

Banned
finished the game, watching the credits now

IF AONUMA WAS BULLSHITTING ABOUT THE MAJORA THING I SWEAR TO GOD

georly

About to enter what is probably the last dungeon. Few unanswered questions.

What's the deal with the cyclops that gives you money? Once he's mad is he mad forever?

I'm missing 1 item. I have 5 bottles, 2 fruit, goggles, lamp, net, + ravio items. When do I get it? Do I ever get it?

Can I get a mask and do anything with the mask cult in thieve's town?

People keep asking where to find the Pegasus Boots and the Catching Net. Why? Because the game doesn't hold your hand! A MODERN ZELDA GAME WITH NO HANDHOLDING.

THIS IS WONDERFUL!

Word, I'm fucking amazed at how little this game holds your hand. It's incredible.

DaBoss

People keep asking where to find the Pegasus Boots and the Catching Net. Why? Because the game doesn't hold your hand! A MODERN ZELDA GAME WITH NO HANDHOLDING.

THIS IS WONDERFUL!
First part I completely agree. You have to get the Pegasus Boots just with thinking, but I don't with the second part. People can easily skip it and will never know making bottles mostly useless.

Good game design would make the person go there after getting a bottle to get a net and somehow show that you have to catch fairies with it.
It's actually right before Lorule, I can already buy items and I haven't gotten there yet but I just got the Master Sword.
Oh OK, I just went straight to Hyrule Castle after getting the Master Sword lol.

Dr Dogg

Well the game has really opened up at Lorule. The 2 dungeons I've done so far have been tight. Not too long and just the right mix of puzzles. The wall merge has been used in some great ways to really mix things up. Plus this is the first Zelda in ages that I've had to take notes (seeing as I haven't been grinding rupees and buying all the items off Rovio just trying to get a list of what item for what dungeon).

Rich!

Dunno if anyone else is noticed, but the Lorule dungeon music are all variations on the same melody, which itself is based on the Death Mountain theme.

Neat. Swamp Palace is my favourite variation of the lot.

In the name of god people, please tell me when can we buy this OST???

The music is some of the best (if not the best) I have heard in any game, I love it!

I need this OST, I NEEEEEEEEEEEEED THIS OST

Sendou

In the name of god people, please tell me when can we buy this OST???

The music is some of the best (if not the best) I have heard in any game, I love it!

I need this OST, I NEEEEEEEEEEEEED THIS OST

They need to do it like X/Y soundtrack. Off iTunes $10 all 212 songs. Physical is okay too but I think that's something very reasonable they did.

Holy Hyrule; This game is FRAKING INCREDIBLE! The Music. The Art Design, The Feel, The Everything.

Did I mention THE MUSIC?!

This game just may dethrone TLoU for favorite game of the year. Although, I have yet to touch Mario 3DW

Seda

I'm on my last Lorule dungeon, the Desert Palace. Finally I get the
Titan's Mitt. I've been roaming around large boulders for hours wondering when I'd be able to move them. (Actually I guess the dungeon isn't in Lorule)

Grizzo

Man, that baseball game is so brutal. I can't get pass 59 rupees. That's my highest score !

Edit : Okay scratch that, I just beat it : 86 rupees. But 30 balls is not nearly enough to reach 100 rupees !

Does this happen after
getting the swimming fins?

You can do it before or after.

You just have to trigger the cutscene at
Zora's Domain where the queen says the smooth gem was stolen. After that, warp back to the village and go close to Sahasrahla's house. You should see the "Shady guy" (aka the Thief) standing by a wall. If you get too close, he'll run away, so you have to use your turning into painting on wall ability and sneak up behind him to catch him. After that, he'll give you the shoes.

THIS IS WONDERFUL!

this game is really dropping a lot of old school tendencies and expectations my way. When
Shady Guy ran off with the Smooth Stone I wasn't content with seeing it up for sale. I tracked that motherfucker down and was actually rewarded for thinking to do so,
and that's an awesome feeling that #1 not too many games boast these days #2 repeats itself several times throughout this game. Shit's awesome but I'm gonna have to put it down tonight. Nintendo forced my hand with 3D World so it's time to give my new Wii U some attention :3

narton

I just beat the main story!

Has anyone figured out what the reward is for beating Hero Mode? I'm renting the game until wednesday, but 4x damage sounds really hard, especially for the last bosses.

Top Bottom