• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I'm not very far on account of playing Super Mario 3D World, but man on man this is good. Gettin' ready to get the Master Sword.

Also, the music fills me with ALL SORTS OF FEELS!!!

Zetta

First thing I did after getting full access to the world is go to the lost woods. Nostalgia hit me hard there and then, watery eyes and all. I love this game.

Scum

I want to see these mini dungeons with the Rupees in Zelda U. But extend them to Hearts Pieces as well.
This game, though. Damn!

Seda

Spent most of the evening hunting the Maiamai babies and Heart Pieces. I couldn't find two, and turns out they were from the
Rupee Run minigames.

Got all my items upgraded, including the two from the battle tower. Gonna save the endgame for tomorrow though.

This game is really solid. I probably won't go into Hero Mode right away, but it's definitely something I want to try out eventually.

Mistle

In the first dungeon there was a room on the map that I seemingly couldn't get to.
Does this game have puzzles within dungeons that I may need to come back for, with more items and such? Or could have I gotten to that room the first time around and just didn't figure it out? It was on the lowest floor I believe, to the right

Yuterald

Anyone know if those Street Pass/Dark Link Medals/Achievements are shared across game saves? Kind of want to 100% the game both in regular and hero mode, but wouldn't want to earn all 50 of those twice, lol! Just curious.

Asking my question again. Probably got lost in the thread.

Mohonky

I asmittedly didnt expect much visually, the videos I saw had a lot of jaggies amd games in 3D mode really have a lot of jaggies, I always fight with 3D mode with the 3DS, I feel like I should have it on or I am missing part of the experience, but then it more often than not turns the game into a jaggie mess.

Then I start this game up last night. What is this weird magic they found? Yes there are some jaggies, but otherwise its generally the cleanest game I have seen on DS and the 3D works perfectly, it is completely unobtrusive, looks beautiful and doesnt destroy the image quality.....and then the speed the game runs at, it is so silky smooth.

Colour me absolutely shocked.

I am a huge Zelda fan going back to the very first title on the NES and this game is just amazing. So far I have rented all available weapons and only done ome dungeon, just been running around the overworld collecting everything I can and finding all the little secrets I can. I expected the whole painting mechanic to be a little over my head because I found it hard to wrap my head around how it could work in the greater scheme of things but damn if it doesnt just slife into the game so beautifully.

Amazimg game, I was not expecting this game to look or play like it does.

.....and Super Mario 3DWorld next week (Aussie here)?

Its like some one lit a fire up under Nintendo's ass.....

Tiktaalik

so the zora said the guy got across that gap to zora's domain by running and doing the jump, but then when you try it you can't make it? A bit lame.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
I've just got to Lorule myself... it just keeps getting better and better. It's already an amazing game and one of my favourite Zelda's.

Also, nice use of lighting in the game.

Lunar15

I think you're confusing linearity for handholding. Skyward Sword is a linear game where you don't really choose the order in which you do the main dungeons, but the overworld areas and dungeons still require you to explore and figure things out to progress through them. Linearity itself is not handholding.

I just went to the Desert Palace in ALBW for my second Lorule dungeon. Time freezes and text comes on the screen telling me that I need to go to the palace and I'll need to manipulate sand. Also my map has a big red x telling me where my destination is. Skyward Sword was a lot more text heavy than it needed to be, but that's pretty much all it did, too. You land in an area, your map tells you your destination, and Fi tells you what you already know. How do you get to the destination on the map? Figure it out yourself.

SS' problem was mainly text speed.

I really like this post. And yes, text speed in SS was deplorable. When I finally played it dolphin, I made it as fast as possible.

Meier

I am doing the transfer from my OG system to my new Zelda XL. I see it's a download code for Zelda..my SD card was nearly full before but I think it only came with a 2 GB card before, right? How big is ALBW? Can't wait to give it a shot!

The first item I upgraded was the fire rod and then did the
dark palace
. It seems the most useful and coolest of the item upgrades from what I've seen anyway. I've only upgraded one item and seen a few of the others like arrows so I may not be the best judge.

spookyfish

Have to say: I thought the game was ugly in screenshots, but it's really a fair 3D approximation of ALttP's sprites. I really like watching it in motion.

And the "wall-painting" mechanic is one of the best in a while.

Kjellson

The first item I upgraded was the fire rod and then did the
dark palace
. It seems the most useful and coolest of the item upgrades from what I've seen anyway. I've only upgraded one item and seen a few of the others like arrows so I may not be the best judge.
You can upgrade items????

I didn't know that. Haha.

Mattiator

I received mine in the mail yesterday worked and birthday parties for family today then work a 16 hour shift tommorow but so excited.
Lttp is my favorite Zelda game so I think I will be roughing it out to rock this bad boy tommorow night :).

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Great. I'm in the middle of the 3rd dungeon for reference.

You can get it early on. If you've played A Link to the Past, go to the area where
The boy who plays the flute (and you use the shovel to dig it out of there too)
would have been. Grab the item and bam! Workin' X button. ^^;

KLonso

I've uh... Never actually finished a Zelda game before, (and I've played plenty). Here's hoping this will be the first, going to pick up my copy tomorrow

Finally got to start the game a few hours ago. It's a trip returning to the Hyrule of LttP for another game. I'm digging the remixed songs, and I love the general pace of the game. I think my favorite part so far is just how fast it is to double back and examine different parts of the world map with my new tools or skills (or maybe the fact that so many tools can be obtained without hassle by renting them or just finding them, unprompted, on an NPC). I feel pretty strongly that the 3D world maps have grown too large since MM. Even with quick travel, it's often a chore to return to point X and see if your new gadget will help you do anything new. Open exploration of a compact world is the way to go.

I lol'ed at the 2D sprites for the crowd in the Treacherous Tower, it looks so out of place and reminded me of these recent Forza 5 crowd screenshots. I think they should have not put anything up there rather than this.

Sorry if I spoiled anything. Yeah you can upgrade after you enter lorule. How far are you?

I believe you can long before entering Lorule. You basically just need to be able to rent bombs, so that's after the 1st Hyrule dungeon or something.

Semajer

I just finished my first playthrough. I thought it was fantastic. The dungeons were a bit short, and the puzzles weren't very difficult, but everything else was exactly what I wanted from a Zelda game.

It took me about 18 hours to 100% normal mode, although I haven't got all of the Streetpass Challenges yet. I'm not sure if I want to start Hero Mode yet, does anyone know what the secret Hero Mode-only addition is?

I'm not sure if I want to start Hero Mode yet, does anyone know what the secret Hero Mode-only addition is?

According to this person
You can find Ravio's diary in his house in the Lorule. It's the empty house, where Link's house would be. And in the end of the credits, when you place the Master Sword back on its pedestal, you'll be accompanied by Zelda and the seven Sages.
It might be that there's something else, but that's all I noticed.

:/

BY2K

Membero Americo
So I finished the game and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD (music spoiler)
the second version of Lorule Overworld is SUBLIME

Semajer

According to this person
You can find Ravio's diary in his house in the Lorule. It's the empty house, where Link's house would be. And in the end of the credits, when you place the Master Sword back on its pedestal, you'll be accompanied by Zelda and the seven Sages.
It might be that there's something else, but that's all I noticed.

:/

Thanks. That's pretty lame, but it's better than nothing, I guess.

Top Bottom