• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

BY2K

Membero Americo
JESUS CHRIST EVERYTHING IS KILLING ME IN 1-2 HITS!

Shit just got fucking real with this Hero Mode, goddamn!

lunchtoast

Played this game pretty much all day the last two days. It's nice to see a classic zelda that's so much fun. The music is fantastic. Love the addition of brass (some of it reminds me of one piece). One of my favorite features is the pins. Makes it easy to remember areas to revisit once you have the right gear, or babies that weren't attainable earlier. The game is also quick, I like how fast Link can get around. I would like the see the game go further and be able to mark caves, at least know which one is a fountain cave.

I have one more dungeon (swamp) before I head to the last castle, plan on finding all the babies too.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a reward for completing hero mode?
Except, well, satisfaction?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Holy shit, that's really happening on Amazon.ca?

BZ19NQ4CcAAbeR1.png:large

Grizzo

Woah, Hero Mode is hurting me really bad. The fear of dying everytime a bat gets too close to me... that's something. And I'm only in House Of Gales ! This is gonna be a long and hard way to victory !

Rich!

If only they had gone the full way with hero mode and flipped the world back to front like with OOT 3D.

That would have been incredible.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I keep hearing there's SOMETHING about Majora's Mask after you beat Hero Mode (don't know if you have to 100% it or not) but nobody ever gives a clear answer.

It's like one of those insane rumours from the 90's, like Ermac from MK or the Triforce being obtainable in OoT.

Grizzo

If only they had gone the full way with hero mode and flipped the world back to front like with OOT 3D.

That would have been incredible.

Great idea ! A Master Quest mode would have been another nice nod to the past Zelda games.

I keep hearing there's SOMETHING about Majora's Mask after you beat Hero Mode (don't know if you have to 100% it or not) but nobody ever gives a clear answer.

It's like one of those insane rumours from the 90's, like Ermac from MK or the Triforce being obtainable in OoT.

Or Mew which would appear by pushing the truck near the S.S Anne in Pokemon Blue. Ah, such good times (before the internet).

Though think there's nothing at all after beating the Hero Mode. At most, it would be a message like "Thanks for playing ! Stay tuned for Majora's Mask 3D ! Coming soon."

afoni

Banned
I think I've got 4 more pieces of heart to go and a run through Treacherous Tower one last time until I've got 100%.

I'll leave it for later though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Regarding Majora's Mask:

Could the fact that the citizen of Lorule have taken to wearing masks to "become monsters" the hint? Also the thief girls will end up hiding in the cave just south of the abandoned house and says she took her mask from there. What's the Hyrule equivalent of a mask in that house? Majora.

Also have one more heart piece to find. Pretty sure I've got one from each minigame so now I just have to scour the map. :/

Rich!

You know, this game is making me excited at the prospect of 3DS emulation. Imagine being able to adjust the view to a first person one, like you can with Wii and GC games on Dolphin.

Sure, everything will look like it's doing the limbo but hey

Mecca

I'm only just getting to the second dungeon. Kinda annoying getting all the way up to the door and then realizing that you don't have the right equipment to get in and having to go all the back to rent an item. It makes me want to just rent all the items at once which I know would be a mistake if I died, but still.

I'm only just getting to the second dungeon. Kinda annoying getting all the way up to the door and then realizing that you don't have the right equipment to get in and having to go all the back to rent an item. It makes me want to just rent all the items at once which I know would be a mistake if I died, but still.

I just rented everything at once and kept a couple fairies in some bottles just in case.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Are there heartpieces from the avoiding cucco and racing to miner minigames? How about the baseball one?
One for beating the Rooster difficulty, one for getting 100 points in baseball (don't focus on the gold vases, just aim to never miss so you get the easy crow bonus) and one for beating the race the second time (65.0 seconds).

Renting stuff is dirt cheap, don't worry about that. You get a lot of rupees thrown at you in this game.

Just bought this:

519y4hXcRtL._SX385_.jpg

I'm having ratatouille-esque flashbacks to being a 10 year old and playing a link to the past.

CHARGE DAMN YOU!

Can I play off a partial charge? Or should I let it fully charge first?

#excited

Right now I only have one bottle, but I think I'll definitely do that when I get more.

There's 2 more bottles you can get where you are now.

If you want to know where they are:

There's a man underneath the bridge to the east of Link's house who will give you a bottle for free.

And there's another bottle to be found in the Lake Hylia area (to the east of the lake really) sitting in some shallow water (I think you need the Zora Flippers to reach it, though which is another sidequest up in Zora's Domain). You can't technically use the bottle you get from this until you complete the sidequest which involves going up Death Mountain and finding a NPC.

And of course, the very first one is just 100 rupees from the NPC in the village (I assume this is the one you have).

One for beating the Rooster difficulty, one for getting 100 points in baseball (don't focus on the gold vases, just aim to never miss so you get the easy crow bonus) and one for beating the race the second time (65.0 seconds).

Oh okay, thanks. I hope they aren't too difficult/annoying because I definitely want all heart pieces before beating the game. xD

I would not advice that in Hero Mode.

Yah, for sure. But for normal, it's fine so far.

Robin64

Wow. So I figured I'd try Hero Mode. I beat normal mode with 0 deaths, which is why I'm now shocked that I've had Game Over twice before even beating the very first dungeon. Ouch!

R0ckman

If I was an evil villain or something I would totally hum my own theme. After a speech of brainwashing an entire nation I'd walk back to my office humming. I love how Yuga does this.

cube444

OK guys. Bought the game for my nieces and couldn't put it down. So much so that I just went to Wal-Mart and bought the Zelda 3DS XL. :lol I plan on finishing the game and then giving the Zelda XL to my older niece and have her give her pink 3DS XL to her sister.

Should I charge it up before playing?

Disappointed how linear the game is in the beginning.

Nintendo really can't step away from the formula completely. Hoping the game really opens up later.

Nibel

Nintendo really can't step away from the formula completely. Hoping the game really opens up later.

You have seen nothing, I just can laugh about this post

AND I FINALLY BEAT THAT FUCKING OCTOPUSSSSSS YESSS

Rich!

Hahahaha

It'll be great for you to get to lorule and then think back to your post - "what the fuck was I on about?"

It opens up big time. More than any game since...well, LTTP.

Top Bottom