• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

jwhit28

I just kinda assumed he was dead, because of everything hilda said. Was a very pleasant surprise. Best story in a zelda game in years, and that's funny because it's also way less a part of the game.

The story was just enough where I got to do everything I could want in a Zelda game.
The interaction with the sages and the princesses, getting to go to the Golden Realm, touching the Triforce and making a wish.

The only slight complaint I can think of is that the best toys are too close to the end of the game. I wish there was more to do at full power.

Majmun

I usually turn the 3D off but it looks so good in this game. The graphics somehow turn much better in 3D. Better textures etc. Maube it's just me lol

But yeah, this game is amazing. Just amazing. TP and SS bored me so much that I quit playing them. But this one? I can't put it down.

genjiZERO

Completely non-related question:

Just bought a 3DS (got the gold one). What's a good case for it? I'd like it to be large enough to hold the charging adapter if possible. What are your thoughts on a hard case and then put it in a soft case? Cheers.

Neiteio

I can already tell this is going to be in my top three Zelda games. Some combination of ALBW, Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening DX.

Rich!

The crowd in the Treacherous Tower is hilarious. Reminds me so, so much of this:

kirby_super_star_megaton_punch.png

The three frame animation makes it even funnier

georly

Is the sand
rod upgrade totally worthless? It does nothing special in the sand. On dirt it stuns everyone in a line rather than 1 block in front of you, but that's... pretty useless.

Is the sand
rod upgrade totally worthless? It does nothing special in the sand. On dirt it stuns everyone in a line rather than 1 block in front of you, but that's... pretty useless.

Did you read its description?? It makes columns permanent instead of temporary, which is very useful in the corresponding dungeon.

Rich!

I feel silly asking but how do I
get over the big fecking chasm in Lorule? Want to do the Forest Dungeon first!

want an easy answer? You can't.

Find another portal.
its in the lost woods. Those tall concrete pillars with the Triforce logo are all portals now.

Rich!

What has amazed me is that I never needed to ask for any help whatsoever throughout this game. I used my own head, and it felt awesome

It's by far the most rewarding experience I've ever had in years, barring Dark Souls. Asking for help and looking at walkthroughs defeats the entire purpose of this game

Neiteio

Oh, and I disagree with whoever said Yuga is a boring villain. I think he's deliciously creepy, both his appearance and his music theme. I like how he looks at everything in terms of its "artistic value." But best of all, he gets a lot of mileage early on, when normally a Zelda villain would make one appearance at the start, maybe another appearance halfway through, and then that's it until the end. The fact that (first dungeon spoiler)
Yuga is the boss of the Eastern Palace
does a lot to make him feel more immediate as a threat. You see multiple instances of what he can do. He's arrogant and crazy aggressive, yet shrouded in mystery despite factoring into so many of the early scenes (spoilers up through first dungeon:
Yuga at the Sanctuary, Yuga at the Eastern Palace, Yuga taking over Hyrule Castle
). I think Yuga is shaping up to be a very memorable villain. On paper he's rather "by the book" -- the Aghanim stand-in -- but in practice he's handled so much better, similar to
Ghirahim
. :)

Rich!

Oh, and I disagree with whoever said Yuga is a boring villain. I think he's deliciously creepy, both his appearance and his music theme. I like how he looks at everything in terms of its "artistic value." But best of all, he gets a lot of mileage early on, when normally a Zelda villain would make one appearance at the start, maybe another appearance halfway through, and then that's it until the end. The fact that (first dungeon spoiler)
Yuga is the boss of the Eastern Palace
does a lot to make him feel more immediate as a threat. You see multiple instances of what he can do. He's arrogant and crazy aggressive, yet shrouded in mystery despite factoring into so many of the early scenes (spoilers up through first dungeon:
Yuga at the Sanctuary, Yuga at the Eastern Palace, Yuga taking over Hyrule Castle
). I think Yuga is shaping up to be a very memorable villain. On paper he's rather "by the book" -- the Aghanim stand-in -- but in practice he's handled so much better. :)

Yuga stands out to me because he's the first villain in Zelda history to
be in control of Ganon.
It's unreal.

And his musical theme (before the mid-story twist) gives me serious Majora's Mask vibes. MM's theme is still the single most chilling theme in the entire series, apart from Sharp's Requiem in the same game.

afoni

Banned
What has amazed me is that I never needed to ask for any help whatsoever throughout this game. I used my own head, and it felt awesome

It's by far the most rewarding experience I've ever had in years, barring Dark Souls. Asking for help and looking at walkthroughs defeats the entire purpose of this game

That feeling is one of many reasons this series will always be my favourite.

Yuga is fine in Hyrule. He
just becomes a non-factor once he becomes Ganon with dreads. And then it's revealed that he was just a puppet all along.

Rich!

Turtle Rock had me running back and forth like an absolute madman trying to find the warp panel I needed. and then suddenly, I worked it out and felt like a total boss

And I was ecstatic that they kept the same warp sound and mosaic effect from LTTP. nostalgia overload!!!

Yuga is fine in Hyrule. He
just becomes a non-factor once he becomes Ganon with dreads. And then it's revealed that he was just a puppet all along.

I would strongly argue against that.
Yuga summoned Ganon and took control of his body and triforce of power. He then proceeded to betray Hilda to exact his own plot. He was in complete and utter control the entire time - if anything, Ganon and Hilda were the puppets. Ganon in particular was merely a shell.

Neiteio

That feeling is one of many reasons this series will always be my favourite.
What's great about ALBW is even once you know the solutions to the puzzles, there are SO MANY of them and in such quick succession that it will still be satisfying to unravel these dungeons all over again in a second playthrough. It's just so satisfying to see everything "click" together just right. And there's nothing to slow you down in solving these puzzles other than yourself. :)

Christopher

Completely non-related question:

Just bought a 3DS (got the gold one). What's a good case for it? I'd like it to be large enough to hold the charging adapter if possible. What are your thoughts on a hard case and then put it in a soft case? Cheers.

Why so I you need a case...?

Rich!

So, anyone finished Hero Mode?

Does the Majora's Mask tease exists or was it bullshit?

As far as I know, it's just another one of Aonuma's teases. Here's the list so far:

1. Happy Mask Salesman in OOT 3D has his bag from Majora's Mask
2. Majora's Mask is available in Animal Crossing, and Bill Trinen showed it off
3. Majora's Mask Soundtrack CD randomly made available on club nintendo for no reason whatsoever.
4. Majora's Mask appears in Link's house in Link Between Worlds, and is highly visible throughout the entire game.

It's pretty obvious that Majora's Mask 3D is coming. I don't know how else they could hint at it, they've pretty much spelt it out entirely.

afoni

Banned
What's great about ALBW is even once you know the solutions to the puzzles, there are SO MANY of them and in such quick succession that it will still be satisfying to unravel these dungeons all over again in a second playthrough. It's just so satisfying to see everything "click" together just right. And there's nothing to slow you down in solving these puzzles other than yourself. :)

I just enjoy replaying Zelda games generally. It's the formula that I resonate with.

It was poor translation. MM fans need to chill.

Bullshit. Aonuma sold us out, that's what happened.

Moff

So, anyone finished Hero Mode?

Does the Majora's Mask tease exists or was it bullshit?
someone must know by now?
I probably wont finish hero mode, I already "died" some times (not really because I always have bottles with fairies with me), but 4x damage is probably too hard for me. I'll surely give it a try.
another question, was there anything more to the
rupee ogre in one of the caves, the one rhat gives you rupees as long as you tell him to until he gets angry. can you defeat him? or do anything else than run away?

and what about ravios bag? is there some way to get it or is it a story element?

As far as I know, it's just another one of Aonuma's teases. Here's the list so far:

1. Happy Mask Salesman in OOT 3D has his bag from Majora's Mask
2. Majora's Mask is available in Animal Crossing, and Bill Trinen showed it off
3. Majora's Mask Soundtrack CD randomly made available on club nintendo for no reason whatsoever.
4. Majora's Mask appears in Link's house in Link Between Worlds, and is highly visible throughout the entire game.

It's pretty obvious that Majora's Mask 3D is coming. I don't know how else they could hint at it, they've pretty much spelt it out entirely.

MM3D is certainly coming, but most of the above can be seen as other things. MM is a more graphically enhanced version of OOT, it makes sense when remaking OOT3D they'd use that design. Fi and Midna masks are also available in AC. Club Nintendo rewards are about as regular and scheduled as a broken alarm clock, and there's various pictures of the Koroks and other characters in ALBW.

People see what they want to see.

Rich!

I don't know why people keep asking about Ravio's bag.

It's quite obviously an in-joke about how the hero manages to carry thousands of rupees around with him. it's a wallet that's absolutely stuffed to the brim with the things

Megatron

MM3D is certainly coming, but most of the above can be seen as other things. MM is a more graphically enhanced version of OOT, it makes sense when remaking OOT3D they'd use that design. Fi and Midna masks are also available in AC. Club Nintendo rewards are about as regular and scheduled as a broken alarm clock, and there's various pictures of the Koroks and other characters in ALBW.

People see what they want to see.

Yeah, I'm sure Majora's Mask will be out next fall on 3DS since they obviously won't have a new Zelda next year.

Rich!

Yeah, I'm sure Majora's Mask will be out next fall on 3DS since they obviously won't have a new Zelda next year.

Also, Aonuma said that MM3D would be next after an original Zelda.

well, we have our original zelda now.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE MAJORA'S MASK. I want to play through Stone Tower Temple in Hero Mode. Bring it on.

Cdgilbert

World this game be too difficult for my 7 year old daughter? She is able to play and work out the puzzles in the lego games on the ps3.

I am guessing is she is a little young.

Moff

I don't know why people keep asking about Ravio's bag.

It's quite obviously an in-joke about how the hero manages to carry thousands of rupees around with him. it's a wallet that's absolutely stuffed to the brim with the things
well you could steal from the store in link's awakening, that was pretty amazing.
I was immediately reminded of that when I saw ravios bag.

are you telling me you didnt try to do anything with it?

Top Bottom