• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Rich!

World this game be too difficult for my 7 year old daughter? She is able to play and work out the puzzles in the lego games on the ps3.

I am guessing is she is a little young.

I finished LTTP when I was 6. It took me a year though.

This is far, far harder in terms of puzzles. She would be absolutely hopelessly lost. It's literally "here's the master sword, now go". That's it. I spent hours on certain puzzles, and some literally pushed my lateral thinking to the limits.

Sendou

Majora's Mask HD on Wii U first half of 2014. New Zelda U being Hero of Time trilogy's: "Finish the fight" game. They know nostalgia sells.

Porcile

World this game be too difficult for my 7 year old daughter? She is able to play and work out the puzzles in the lego games on the ps3.

I am guessing is she is a little young.

I've found some the dungeon puzzles challenging. Maybe play it along with her?

On that note. All Lorule Dungeons are down. I liked the sequence after, made me feel all heroic and shit.

Cdgilbert

I finished LTTP when I was 6. It took me a year though.

This is far, far harder in terms of puzzles. She would be absolutely hopelessly lost. It's literally "here's the master sword, now go". That's it. I spent hours on certain puzzles, and some literally pushed my lateral thinking to the limits.

Thanks. That saved her getting a Xmas present she wouldn't be able to play.

Rich!

Majora's Mask HD on Wii U first half of 2014. New Zelda U being Hero of Time trilogy's: "Finish the fight" game. They know nostalgia sells.

As I've said before, Wii U Zelda should be this:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Wrath

Set thousands of years before the events of Majora's Mask, you play as the original Fierce Deity Link as he travels the world eliminating the threat of the evil tribe that worship the demon known as Majora.

Seda

Just completed my first playthrough. A very solid game, one of my favorites for the year. You're given a lot of freedom in exploring the overworld, which was the most enjoyable part of the game. Once you land in Lorule and the training wheels are removed, that's when the game was at its best. Dungeons were shorter and more simple in general, but still provided a satisfying puzzle element - felt fresher to have the main puzzle item before entering the dungeon. I would have appreciated a perhaps more complex final dungeon (or two) where you have to use all the items at Link's disposal.

For the most part I like how the game looks, and the 60fps does the game wonders. The models in cutscenes though were a little jarring, especially Link's, but otherwise it looks good. Hero mode sounds like a great challenge mode (as the normal mode was a tad easy in that regard) but I think I'll wait a bit to replay.

The narrative was simple but good enough. Sometimes less is more.

Rich!

It's a precursor to something that will eventually happen and be amazing.

Legend of Zelda U should have not quite the same system, but one that still allows you to go into the world and explore, tackling dungeons in any order you want.

Maybe have the weapons scattered around the world, but not in any dungeons themselves. Basically, what I want is a Xenoblade scale world, with dungeons hidden throughout. Have it absolutely overwhelming in size and really focused on discovering new places.

Stoze

Can anyone give me tips on controlling the ball's trajectory in the Octoball minigame? Hitting high and low is the only thing that feels consistent.

edit^^ I know that feel, bro.

jwhit28

Can anyone give me tips on controlling the ball's trajectory in the Octoball minigame? Hitting high and low is the only thing that feels consistent.

edit^^ I know that feel, bro.

Just like real baseball. Swinging early pulls to the right, swinging late pushes to the left.

Seda

Octoball Derby is impossible! Tips GAF?

Your aim left to right is all about timing. Swing early to hit pots on the right, swing late to hit pots on the left. The three stances correspond to the three rows of pots, hold back to hit the far row, hold up to hit the front row (ground balls).

General Strategy: Hit three pots in a row (any pots). Hit the bird for 20. Hit a crab when you need to replenish pots.

Moff

Octoball Derby is impossible! Tips GAF?

first of all, the controls.
with the analog stick you can only control the stance, wich means how far the ball will fly. close or far. not left or right
left or right is determined by timing, if you hit early, the bill will fly right, if you hit late, the ball will fly left.

its next so impossible to actually aim exactly for a spezific target. you should rather focus on hitting different targets, wich means after each shot you should aim for a completely different spot
why? because of the bird, the bird gives 20 points and spawns only after 3 consecutive hits.
your goal is to spawn as many birds as possible.

after every hit, this target disappears, so your goal is to never hit the same spot twice.
dont try to hit spezific targets. simply try to hit different targes, this makes birds spawn and you will get 100 points für the heart piece more easily.

Sagitario

Quick question: is there any way to know what heart pieces you're missing? Like the fortune teller's hints/visions in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

georly

Did you read its description?? It makes columns permanent instead of temporary, which is very useful in the corresponding dungeon.

Oh ok, neat, i guess?

The columns were always there long enough for me to do whatever i needed to do anyway. Definitely worth upgrading last.

I'm glad I opted to upgrade the Ice Rod before entering Turtle Rock, that extra ice came in handy.
The dungeon itself was an odd one,
turtle layout not withstanding it felt a lot more open compared to the norm in how it progressed, lots of optional puzzles you could freely ignore if you cared not for the many 50 rupee chests.

Sigh, I want to play this so bad. I ordered the 3DS XL bundle for collection purposes since the previous 3DS OoT bundle now sells for 3-4 times what it debuted as. I went ahead and ordered another bundle, this one to keep and play since I don't have a playable XL yet. The wait is killing me!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
This and MK7 reveal how important framerate is for the 3D effect to really work when there is a lot of motion in the game.

krossj

Finished with 20 hours on the clock and completed everything excluding two quarter heart pieces (think I missed some mini game stuff). Excellent game and it feels great to have a new zelda with good controls. Like others have mentioned wish the dungeons were longer and hero mode was available from the start. The visuals didn't do a lot for me either. But the puzzles and bosses were fun if bite-sized and collecting the maiamai was a nice distraction from the main quest.

Definitely in contention for my goty. Haven't played Skyward Sword so jumping in after a while away had me thoroughly enjoy it.

Finished! Not sure total time but I'm only missing 1full heart. Wow what a wonderful game. I will be moving on to hero mode in a week or so.

I think the rental mechanic is the best thing to have happened to Zelda in years.
It was nice to have all item available at the beginning, I'm sure having to return them would add a layer of dificulty and make dying an issue. But I never died during my first play through. I actually felt it was a bit too easy hopefully hero mode gives me a bit more of a challenge.

Finished! Not sure total time but I'm only missing 1full heart. Wow what a wonderful game. I will be moving on to hero mode in a week or so.

It was nice to have all item available at the beginning, I'm sure having to return them would add a layer of dificulty and make dying an issue. But I never died during my first play through. I actually felt it was a bit too easy hopefully hero mode gives me a bit more of a challenge.

Be ready to get one shot haha. It's great, I love it, and the game is fair so there's no real frustration. I've still only died twice and I'm four dungeons deep though.

Am I misremembering from previews or is there a level of upgrade above "Nice" Just a yes or no answer from anyone in the know would be good

Tuck

Turtle Rock is great. Took me a while to realize you could
freeze the ramps with the ice rod. And the teleportation pads are neat. Also using the painting mechanic on the frozen lava pillars was clever. Took me a while to figure out how to get INTO the dungeon!

Stoze

Just like real baseball. Swinging early pulls to the right, swinging late pushes to the left.

Thank you. This is what I thought at first, but I didn't feel like it was giving good enough feedback. Now I realize to go to the far left you have to hit the ball, really, REALLY late, like when it's already past your bat. Same goes with hitting it right, had to swing much earlier than I thought.

Got 122 points not long after I got the hang of it.

Dr Dogg

To be fair you could get away with having only 1 item slot for a good while as the 8 dungeons I've done so far have only required 1 key item at a time. Plus when I've had 2 equipped I've had a brain fart as to what item I've put in which slot and used the wrong one more than enough times.

Prophezz

Banned
What weapons did you guys upgraded first? I tested all of them out and went with the hook shot first. The hammer is probably my second weapon to upgrade.

EVH

Wow, this game is great.

Has some problems, but still, as a Zelda it is very very good. Loving the dungeons and the new mechanic. I mean, for the last 5 - 6 months I've been playing videogames like 1 hour per week and just today I spent almost six hours with this game. This can only be good.

watershed

Banned
Only 2 dungeons left now and I love this game. Its the best way to experience an old school, top down Zelda adventure. All the mechanical changes work great and help to make this game feel at once classic and fresh. Nintendo really threaded the needle perfectly.

Seda

Nearing the end of the game. Last few bosses failed to even hit me a single time.
If there is one thing wrong with this game, it's that it's far too easy. I didn't get remotely close to dying throughout the entire game and I've been playing without putting much thought to it. It's even easier than skyward sword with its shitty, linear, braindead dungeons, although for different reasons.

Still loving the game though.

Difficulty is definitely a weak point for the game; Hero Mode should alleviate that of course, but it's locked away for some reason. It's kind of odd that Wind Waker HD has it available right away but not this game.

What weapons did you guys upgraded first? I tested all of them out and went with the hook shot first. The hammer is probably my second weapon to upgrade.

Flame Rod is very useful upgraded.

Mistle

oh wow. for some reason i thought the items would cost a lot and i'd have to be desisive over which ones i wanted to rent.

nope, just rented them all. haven't even got to the second dungeon yet. this game really is a big change up D:

Taruranto

Nearing the end of the game. Last few bosses failed to even hit me a single time.
If there is one thing wrong with this game, it's that it's far too easy. I didn't get remotely close to dying throughout the entire game and I've been playing without putting much thought to it. It's even easier than skyward sword with its shitty, linear, braindead dungeons, although for different reasons.

Still loving the game though.

How easy is it? TP easy (mobs do zero damages, can't die even if you try)? I heard it's very similar to Alttp which is my favorite Zelda, but I became wary of the series after the last episodes (Both on DS and home console). I just got a 3DS so I still have a bunch of stuff to play, I'm tempted to buy it, but maybe I should wait for a cheap, used copy.

Prophezz

Banned
Difficulty is definitely a weak point for the game; Hero Mode should alleviate that of course, but it's locked away for some reason. It's kind of odd that Wind Waker HD has it available right away but not this game.

Flame Rod is very useful upgraded.

I was playing around with that...that and the hammer were the ones I wanted to upgrade next (bought the flame rod at half price). I may upgrade the flame rod before the hammer.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Wowza, the zelda 3dsxl is amazing looking..... Wow.
image_zps387039c4.jpg

I'm still downloading the game, can't wait!!!

Top Bottom