• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Four Swords (3DS/DSi) |OT| Multi-player Zelda now with single-player, too!

I'll have to break the seal on my DSi box so I can have it on all my DSi systems.

Edit: Guess that means I'll need to buy a screen protector tomorrow.

oatmeal

Banned
Mik2121 said:
Alright. I've played for about an hour and a half already. I've been finishing most maps in around 10 minutes and taking short breaks every now and then, but yeah about an hour and a half.

Now I have 8162 coins, and I got 4000+ coins on the last stage. So for the other guy asking if that guy that got 4000 coins in a couple hours was a wizard... lol :p
0prfF.png

After collecting all three keys I unlocked another world:
n0YIe.png

It's up?

(EDIT)

Hey oatmeal, good job noticing the Japanese text!

pramath

Banned
Luigi87 said:
I believe the Four Sword is definitely a different sword than the Master Sword.

More to the point in terms of timeline:
Minish Cap is of course at the start with it, but the Four Swords titles take place generations later, after Ganon's era, etc. The Four Sword itself is used to bind Vaati. The Link in the Four Swords games, is not the same Link from the Minish Cap.
I see. That makes complete sense actually.
So Minish Cap is the oldest game, but it is largely inconsequential, since none of its elements really affect anything that happens in the main Ganon/Zelda/Link story, am I right?

EDIT
Still not up in the US eShop.

Are the single-player maps/missions identical to the multiplayer or are they separate? If it's the former I might just wait to play 'em in multiplayer so I don't spoil 'em.

Peagles

Nuclear Muffin said:
Hang on a tick, doesn't the EU and US store get updated on Thursday? (in which case that would mean that it gets updated tomorrow)

It's up in NZ! Just got it on my 3DS.

Mik2121

BY2K said:
So you can have all the keys in Single Player?
Well, this is the first time I play Four Swords (I also played the GC one but that one is different right?). But I got access to all 3 keys and now I'm on this sky level where I opened one door and there's still another one available.

@MUWANdo

Banned
AbsoluteZero said:
Are the single-player maps/missions identical to the multiplayer or are they separate? If it's the former I might just wait to play 'em in multiplayer so I don't spoil 'em.

The dungeons are randomised to a degree so it's not a big deal.

Berordn said:
Are they though? The shape of Hyrule in the Four Swords series and the presence of Force Gems in Spirit Tracks seemed like a hint that the world of Four Swords was New Hyrule's future.
Four swords adventure seems directly connected with ALttP although it's possible(not likely) to connect with ST.

Luigi87

pramath said:
I see. That makes complete sense actually.
So Minish Cap is the oldest game, but it is largely inconsequential, since none of its elements really affect anything that happens in the main Ganon/Zelda/Link story, am I right?

EDIT
Still not up in the US eShop.

Precisely. Of course this leaves me curious as to if Skyward Sword will be before or after Minish Cap (I'm on a blackout of SS)

As for this game, hopefully on NA by the time I wake up.

@MUWANdo said:
The dungeons are randomised to a degree so it's not a big deal.

Diablo-style? I did not know this. It's been a while since I've played the GBA Four Swords.

eShop updates are typically on Thursdays...why are folks expecting this tomorrow?

Peagles

Nuclear Muffin said:
It's not up on the EU store. Still only has the game information (not available to download yet)

:(

We don't usually get the updates until you guys do (it's always on a Friday here, when it's Thursday for you). So this has come through two days day earlier than an update normally does. Hope it shows up for ya soon!

By the way I should be clear, it's Wednesday here.

BY2K

Membero Americo
AbsoluteZero said:
eShop updates are typically on Thursdays...why are folks expecting this tomorrow?

Because it was announced for the 28th, which is Wednesday, which is today here at the moment.

pramath

Banned
Luigi87 said:
Precisely. Of course this leaves me curious as to if Skyward Sword will be before or after Minish Cap (I'm on a blackout of SS)

As for this game, hopefully on NA by the time I wake up.
The question is, will it even matter where Skyward Sword is in relation to Minish Cap?

Medalion

Banned
fernoca said:
Probably in the morning. As it's not September 23rd in some areas (?) an I doubt there are employees working at midnight.
I would be concerned if it hasn't been September 23rd in all places sometime in the recent past...

Mik2121

Alright I now "finished the game" (got the 'Fin' title showing up). The ending is seriously a rupee fest :D

And now I unlocked a new area called 'omoide no daichi' which basically translates to 'The Land of the Memories". You can guess what's in there :)

pramath

Banned
Guys, from what I understand, Four Swords will be available when it is 28th throughout the US. In other words, when it is 12.01am PT. So I suppose we still have like half an hour to wait.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
pramath said:
Guys, from what I understand, Four Swords will be available when it is 28th throughout the US. In other words, when it is 12.01am PT. So I suppose we still have like half an hour to wait.
If that were the case, we'd need to wait for Hawaii...

If it were released at midnight Pacific time, that would mesh well with NOA being here on the west coast.

pramath

Banned
DavidDayton said:
If that were the case, we'd need to wait for Hawaii...

If it were released at midnight Pacific time, that would mesh well with NOA being here on the west coast.
Let's see if Pacific Time works. If not, how far behind is Hawaii?

StuBurns

Banned
Tyeforce said:
Any pictures of the Home menu icon? I'm curious as to what it looks like, and it's still not up in the NA eShop. >.>
eZCPn.jpg

Sorry for the shit quality, I just used the macbook camera which is pretty terrible.

Jackano

Tyeforce said:
Any pictures of the Home menu icon? I'm curious as to what it looks like, and it's still not up in the NA eShop. >.>
It's the 4 swords from the logo, bad quality because it's a DSiware icon.

The audio has been slighty reworked; In the same way they reworked OoT's 3D music. Just adding some reverb everywhere. Didn't play too much, so I can't say anymore.

Single player mode controls are akward, but it's Ok, it's playable so it's cool.

DDayton

loblaw said:
Not up in NA. Guess it'll be a midday scenario.

Good night Nintendo.
Trying to remember when the Ambassador games went up... I remember being the first GAFfer to notice them and posted when I saw them. I feel like it was 2 or 3 am...

Lijik

Did Nintendo change their update time with the 3DS or something?
It was always midday in the past, but I admit I havent been keeping up with the eshop lately
Edit- basically answered in the post above me

tolkir

Tyeforce said:

4 swords in a black background.

Downloading in Spain eShop. :)

DDayton

qq more said:
...Am I seeing Tetris Attack blocks???? :O
You can download a Puzzle League (Tetris Attack) DSiWare game from the eShop. It's a stripped down version of the retail release.

Thoraxes

NA hates NA confirmed.

Ok, i'm just kidding. We'll probably just get it at a normal time. Hopefully it comes before 6:30AM before I go to work/school.

DavidDayton said:
You can download a Puzzle League (Tetris Attack) DSiWare game from the eShop. It's a stripped down version of the retail release.
How did I not know about this? I'm going to get some eShop points tomorrow now and download it.

Top Bottom