• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Four Swords (3DS/DSi) |OT| Multi-player Zelda now with single-player, too!

Mik2121

Man, this is all kinds of awesome:

KMtbq.png

The SNES levels were huge, and took me around 25-30 mins to get through them. Ended up with some 2000+ coins.

KypTU.png

Just starting this one now :D

The music in both worlds are awesome, but the gameboy style one is probably the superior one. SO. AWESOME.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
vferrel said:
How did I not know about this? I'm going to get some eShop points tomorrow now and download it.
I don't know how much of the game is in the DSiWare version -- it's a mode or two taken directly from the retail DS game.

Jackano

Other test/info:
Like the orginal GBA one, FSAE/FS25 is region-locked.

Yeah, japanese/US/EU GBA games weren't working together with region-free GBA, and today, I can tell that WAN game between japanese and EU 3DS doesn't work either.

StuBurns

Banned
About Tetris Attack DSiWare...
A condensed adaptation of Panel de Pon DS, Chotto Panel de Pon, was released for the Nintendo DSi's DSiWare download service. It consists of four single-player modes: Endless, Clear, Score Attack, and Vs. COM.[9] The game was released in Japan on January 29, 2009, in the PAL regions on July 17, 2009 as A Little Bit of… Puzzle League, and in North America as Puzzle League Express on August 31, 2009.[10]
I like it a lot. I hate messing with carts, so it's nice to have it on there all the time. I'm very happy with it, and certainly think it's worth getting, especially for people who play on commutes and things.
AbsoluteZero said:
Tick off this option here at the bottom of the menu.

http://i.imgur.com/or9ot.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Thanks, will do.

EDIT: Here's a better attempt for the sake of my new auto flipping option...
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GTcIG.jpg

pramath

Banned
Okay, so Four Swords may not be up yet, but did anyone else check out the Zelda 25th Anniversary Developers Interview Video on the eShop? It's very cool!

@MUWANdo

Banned
pramath said:
Okay, so Four Swords may not be up yet, but did anyone else check out the Zelda 25th Anniversary Developers Interview Video on the eShop? It's very cool!

Gonna check this out now. Is it downloadable, or is it a streaming vid?

@MUWANdo

Banned
pramath said:
It's a stream.
The eShop is really glitching, so you might be booted a couple of times.

Well I checked the Aussie store and we didn't get it at all, as per usual. Thanks anyway.

@MUWANdo

Banned
dwu8991 said:
I got it from the Aus store so check again!

Where in the store exactly? It wasn't in the 25th Anniversary channel, or listed in the Recent Arrivals section, unless they put it up between me checking the store and your post...

Kerrby

Banned
StuBurns said:
EDIT: Here's a better attempt for the sake of my new auto flipping option...
GTcIG.jpg

What 3DS game is that in your cartridge?

Also I have this game but I don't want to play it, it looks too tedious and I'm scared to play a 4 player game by myself after messing around with it.

pramath

Banned
@MUWANdo said:
Well I checked the Aussie store and we didn't get it at all, as per usual. Thanks anyway.
Did you try checking the Zelda 25th Anniversary tab? Or you could try searching for Zelda.
It has them talking a bit about Skyward Sword at the end, and although they say nothing in the video that we didn't already know, it's still pretty neat, so it would kind of suck if you guys didn't get the video.

Thoraxes

Kerrby said:

Also I have this game but I don't want to play it, it looks too tedious and I'm scared to play a 4 player game by myself after messing around with it.
It's The World Ends With You, a DS title.

pramath

Banned
Kerrby said:

That looks like The World Ends With You to me

EDIT: Beaten

dwu8991

Banned
@MUWANdo said:
Where in the store exactly? It wasn't in the 25th Anniversary channel, or listed in the Recent Arrivals section, unless they put it up between me checking the store and your post...

Actually it was in the 25th Anniversary channel !!!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It's better then I remembered and now I want more games that I can turn into Gameboy style.

Downloaded it. I played it only very, very briefly (didn't even finsih the first tutorial) and at least presentation-wise it seems neat. Tomorrow I have more time to test it out.

Ragnamith

to bad there's no online, it should've been friends only or something
but still looking forward to this, getting it once I'm home :)

@MUWANdo

Banned
dwu8991 said:
Actually it was in the 25th Anniversary channel !!!

You're talking about the dev interview and not the game, right? The only videos that appear for me are the E3 2011 orchestral trailer and trailers for OOT3D/Link's Awakening.

Tyeforce

Ragnamith said:
to bad there's no online, it should've been friends only or something
but still looking forward to this, getting it once I'm home :)
For everyone wanting online...how would you even play this game online? It'd be pretty damn hard to play cooperatively without voice chat or anything, I'd think.

dwu8991

Banned
@MUWANdo said:
You're talking about the dev interview and not the game, right? The only videos that appear for me are the E3 2011 orchestral trailer and trailers for OOT3D/Link's Awakening.

No, The actual Four Swords game is there. It's the first thing that appears when you open up the channel!

pramath

Banned
Tyeforce said:
For everyone wanting online...how would you even play this game online? It'd be pretty damn hard to play cooperatively without voice chat or anything, I'd think.
The obvious solution would be to add Voice Chat.
Or at least some kind of icon based communication.

Although as far as I am concerned, online in Four Swords is like asking for online in New Super Mario Bros- it's sort of missing the point.

pramath said:
The obvious solution would be to add Voice Chat.
Or at least some kind of icon based communication.

Although as far as I am concerned, online in Four Swords is like asking for online in New Super Mario Bros- it's sort of missing the point.
I'd personally just get on Mumble to talk to my friends. :p

Just downloaded this in Europe (from the 25th Anniversary Channel as noted before) and played a bit of the tutorial level craftily in the toilet at work - seems really good so far, and the 1 player implementation is pretty slick - although admittedly I'm not far into it.

Playing on the 3DS and not really suffering any motion blur problems that force me to play in
native rez. Cant wait to get further in ! :)

Salsa

Im guessing it should pop up under "free" at the DSi shop? i think us dsi users dont get a Zelda anniversary channel.

@MUWANdo

Banned
dwu8991 said:
No, The actual Four Swords game is there. It's the first thing that appears when you open up the channel!

We were discussing the dev interview video, not the game. Sorry for the mix-up!

SalsaShark said:
Im guessing it should pop up under "free" at the DSi shop? i think us dsi users dont get a Zelda anniversary channel.

Yeah, and it'll also be the first icon on the main page with "new!" on it (it's a picture of four swords, shockingly enough).

Ragnamith

Tyeforce said:

Well like I said I'd only play it with friends and would use something like Skype to communicate.
Honestly thought I don't think it would be that hard to play without communication.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Offering this game for free is awesome.
Including a single player mode is awesome.
Adding new classic levels is awesome.

I give Nintendo an A for this effort.

Edit: actually a B+, as online would have been neat indeed. 3DS can certainly handle voice chat.

StuBurns

Banned
While I do think it's awesome Nintendo have done this, it almost makes me wonder why the first parties don't give away games more often. If for nothing else than to attract people to the platforms. Certainly I wouldn't expect the Zelda SS/Uncharted/Gears' of the world being free, but they all do smaller downloadable games they could give away if they cared to.

Top Bottom