• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: MC - How good will it be?

SantaC

I am not sure what my expectations (comparing only for other handheld Zelda’s) for Zelda:Minish Cap are. I want it to be as good as Zelda Links Awakening (Lttp is unmatched), but more realistic is that it's better than Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Season.

I really hope it's better than OoS and OoA. (who wasn't bad by all means)

Zelda Link's awakening is probably my best handheld moment ever. That game almost destroyed our family vacation :D

Famitsu and Euro reviews of Zelda:MC should be coming out in a few weeks. Can't wait.

Does anyone have the famitsu numbers for Zelda: OoS and OoA?

Zilch

Banned
I wish they redesigned the Link sprite instead of using that Four Swords one, but at least all of the other graphics are new.

It looks awesome, at any rate.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
For once, from a gaming perspective, I'm glad to be in Australia. Zelda:MC in November, 2004. :D

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Let the rampant speculation begin!!

I think Zelda:MC will be the greatest game ever and solve all the worlds problems (at least the majority of them)

It should be a quality adventure but I don’t think story wise it will be as deep as ALTTP but game play and dungeon design will hopefully be equal if not better.

The art style also rocks!

Plus we have a November PAL release! WOOT

snaildog

SantaCruZer said:
huh? Better than AlttP, but on par with OoS & OoA? Nice logic :p
Haha yeah, that's like someone saying better than Final Fantasy VIII but worse than Final Fantasy VII and on par with Final Fantasy V. I mean, WTF!

SantaC

Do The Mario said:
Let the rampant speculation begin!!

I think Zelda:MC will be the greatest game ever and solve all the worlds problems (at least the majority of them)

It should be a quality adventure but I don’t think story wise it will be as deep as ALTTP but game play and dungeon design will hopefully be equal if not better.

The art style also rocks!

Plus we have a November PAL release! WOOT

It's about time Europe gets something early.

jarrod said:
LA > OoA > OoS > ALttP

The truth hurts (nostalgia).

I agree with this! Actually, I would swap OoA and OoS around.

And calling LttP's story deep is pretty....uhhh.....oh well.

I just hope Minish Cap has all of the Four Swords moves in it (rolling attacks, downward stab, ect)

Zilch

Banned
Quadrophenic said:
I agree with this! Actually, I would swap OoA and OoS around.

And calling LttP's story deep is pretty....uhhh.....oh well.

I just hope Minish Cap has all of the Four Swords moves in it (rolling attacks, downward stab, ect)

In the movies posted at IGN, you can see Link roll-attack (it's mapped to the R button).

Tritroid

Looks like this story is going to be completely new. I doubt it's even connected to Wind Waker (even though the art style is exactly the same).

Originally I thought that sword with the blue hilt was the Master Sword, and some people thought that Ganon's head was inside the chest with the Master Sword still stuck in it.

That doesn't look to be the case at all:

the-legend-of-zelda-the-minish-cap-20041007113017824.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-the-minish-cap-20041007113004778.jpg

I guess the 'great evil' inside the chest could still be related to Ganon in some form, considering this is in the intro:

the-legend-of-zelda-the-minish-cap-20041007113004293.jpg

Knowing how Capcom is with Zelda storylines however, based upon the tossed-salad-stories of the Oracles, I'm not expecting much consistency.

Snowball

Banned
It is one of the rare cases in which i'm really waiting for the Famitsu score.
As everytime a new big Nintendo title is reviewed.

If it get a score between 35 and 39 I will be sure this is a Killer Application.
And you know a Zelda killer application is much more better than a classic killer application.

My dubt is the lastability.
How long to beat this game?

Snowball

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I played the short demo they had of Minish Cap at E3, and even that one segment was a lot of fun. I'm definitely looking forward to this game.

jarrod

Banned
Do The Mario said:
I think the story was deep for the time, much more complex then the GBC and GB Zelda games.
1. ALttP released years before any of the GB Zeldas

2. LA rapes it story wise, and I enjoyed the stories in the Oracle games too. Way better NPCs (the trading quest actually started in LA), dialog, enemies, progression, etc. The Oracle games just have so much playful diversity story wise (Flagship did a great job, especially on the Subrosians) and LA's slow dreamworld/Windfish revelation was amazing.

madara

LA? that goofy telephone zelda game ages back on gameboy? you think is best? I swore If I made toilet sim, it sell million copies.

jarrod

Banned
madara said:
LA? that goofy telephone zelda game ages back on gameboy? you think is best? I swore If I made toilet sim, it sell million copies.
Not the best Zelda no, but it's the best set in the ALttP mold.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Do The Mario said:
meh screw Europe im in Australia!
we're getting it in November
jarrod said:
1. ALttP released years before any of the GB Zeldas

2. LA rapes it story wise, and I enjoyed the stories in the Oracle games too. Way better NPCs (the trading quest actually started in LA), dialog, enemies, progression, etc. The Oracle games just have so much playful diversity story wise (Flagship did a great job, especially on the Subrosians) and LA's slow dreamworld/Windfish revelation was amazing.
Seriously, even with the archaic graphics and sound, LA is one of the most engrossing Zelda games I've ever played. For story and atmosphere, no other Zelda game beats it... except maybe MM.

SantaC

Scrow said:

uh oh, I just heard that Zelda: Minish Cap has been pushed back in Europe and Australia to December 3rd. I'll be back if the rumor is true.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member

I know

To be honest it’s not just the story in ALTTP (the classic boy rescue girl with a few twists) but the epic scale that makes it better then the other Zelda games.

IT HAS 13 dungeons!! And two worlds to explore

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
jarrod said:
LA > OoA > OoS > ALttP

The truth hurts (nostalgia).

Well, it isn't necessarily nostalgia ya know...

I played LA and ALttP around the same time and I've since replayed them within the last year. I've always enjoyed ALttP quite a bit more...

Oh, and while this did not disturb my enjoyment of the game, did you notice that LA is limited to 90 degree angles? All lines are perfectly straight and the actual world/dungeon design is quite a bit more limited than ALttP. :D

jarrod

Banned
dark10x said:
Oh, and while this did not disturb my enjoyment of the game, did you notice that LA is limited to 90 degree angles? All lines are perfectly straight and the actual world/dungeon design is quite a bit more limited than ALttP. :D
Once again you mistake aesthetics for complexity. ;)

ALttP was also 90 degree tile design for the most part though.

dark10x

jarrod said:
Once again you mistake aesthetics for complexity. ;)

ALttP was also 90 degree tile design for the most part though.

Aesthetics are important to me then. I hate when levels are limited to squared off tile sets. In the case of Zelda, it isn't a huge deal (as the game doesn't really take advantage of it), but it can make a HUGE difference in some games. Do you know how badly a Sonic game would suffer if it were limited to 90 degree angles?

ALttP was absolutely NOT 90 degree for the most part. I can say that you are incorrect on that assumption. The world map uses angles all over the place...

jarrod

Banned
dark10x said:
Aesthetics are important to me then. I hate when levels are limited to squared off tile sets. In the case of Zelda, it isn't a huge deal (as the game doesn't really take advantage of it), but it can make a HUGE difference in some games. Do you know how badly a Sonic game would suffer if it were limited to 90 degree angles?
Oh don't get me wrong, aesthetics are important to me as well... I just don't harbor any deep dislike for tileset design either. Link's Awakening looks great for a GB game.

dark10x said:
ALttP was absolutely NOT 90 degree for the most part. I can say that you are incorrect on that assumption. The world map uses angles all over the place...
Replay the game. There's some 45 deree angles in there too (mostly around death mountain) and trees/graves break things up (though the same applies to Link's Awakening there) but for the most part it's still block tiles at 90 degrees.

dark10x

Replay the game. There's some 45 deree angles in there too (mostly around death mountain) and trees/graves break things up (though the same applies to Link's Awakening there) but for the most part it's still block tiles at 90 degrees.

I have replayed this game just over a month ago and, in fact, have even loaded it up between my posts.

There are plenty of 90 degree angles in the dungeons, but the worldmap is loaded with 45 degree angles all over the place.

Rahul

Anyone notice how Wind Waker and now Minish Cap use terminology in the English script that's very reminiscent of the Lord of the Rings movies?

Wow, the advance word from reviewers is very, VERY positive. Just read some info from another european reviewer who has this to say:

Been playing it to death since Friday - I might be a Zelda whore, but I'm loving this to bits. I'm at the very, very end with only 15 Kinstones left to fuse and a few side-quests remaining... brilliant stuff.

Wanted to add... my take on it is that it brings magic back to the series. If they'd have used the same old items, fans would have seen how to pass every dead end without actually being at the point where they had the right item. By changing them all around, many of the dead ends leave you rather stumped and then when you DO finally get the right item, it makes it all the more satisfying.

Bogeyker

Banned
I'm sure it will be good but didn't Nintendo learn anything after the ultra easy Wind Waker? It sounds like MC will follow the same route. I hope Capcom throws in a difficulty level. How hard could it possibly be to do so.

AniHawk

Jarrod's got the right idea. LA > all other ALttP type Zelda games.

I at least hope this game is as good as Oracle of Ages. I don't think it will be as good as Link's Awakening.

For those of you worrying about the story and how it connects to the main storyline- it doesn't. The Four Swords universe is completely separate from the standard storyline. Oracles are separate as well. Four Swords --> Four Swords Adventures --> The Minish Cap is the way I understand it. The next Gamecube Zelda game will pick up in the Zelda storyline we've all grown used to since the 80s.

And back to LA for a moment, I also loved its ending.
"This island is going to disappear. Our world is going to disappear... Our world... Our... world..."

Tritroid

AniHawk said:
Jarrod's got the right idea. LA > all other ALttP type Zelda games.

I at least hope this game is as good as Oracle of Ages. I don't think it will be as good as Link's Awakening.

For those of you worrying about the story and how it connects to the main storyline- it doesn't. The Four Swords universe is completely separate from the standard storyline. Oracles are separate as well. Four Swords --> Four Swords Adventures --> The Minish Cap is the way I understand it. The next Gamecube Zelda game will pick up in the Zelda storyline we've all grown used to since the 80s.

And back to LA for a moment, I also loved its ending.
"This island is going to disappear. Our world is going to disappear... Our world... Our... world..."
It really annoys me how they choose to connect some games, but not others. I mean now there are multiple Zelda branches with their own stories that don't even connect to the 'main' plot. Why bother connecting any of the stories at all if this is how it's going to be?

Things were so much easier pre-Oracles/Wind Waker, when there was one timeline that actually seemed to work. Now there's so much mess jumbled in that I've given up on trying to put them in any order or even connecting the stories. I also wouldn't be so sure about what type of plot Zelda 05 will follow, since we could be seeing a 're-telling' of sorts similar to what Ocarina of Time was.

I liked Link's Awakening too, it had some of the most memorable story elements of any Zelda game to date, and was the first to take such a drastic twist on the series. I especially liked how Nightmare took on the forms of so many past Zelda bosses, keeping things true to the whole dream theme.

AniHawk

Tritroid said:
It really annoys me how they choose to connect some games, but not others. I mean now there are multiple Zelda branches with their own stories that don't even connect to the 'main' plot. Why bother connecting any of the stories at all if this is how it's going to be?

Things were so much easier pre-Oracles/Wind Waker, when there was one timeline that actually seemed to work. Now there's so much mess jumbled in that I've given up on trying to put them in any order or even connecting the stories. I also wouldn't be so sure about what type of plot Zelda 05 will follow, since we could be seeing a 're-telling' of sorts similar to what Ocarina of Time was.

Well I think the main storyline is still OoT --> MM --> TWW --> ALttP/LoZ (ALttP being a retelling of LoZ) --> AoL

Then you can fit Link's Awakening in there wherever you want. I think it comes in after ALttP, personally.

They all connect because they all refer to each other. The Imprisoning War mentioned in the backstory of ALttP is Ocarina of Time. Then you have AoL which basically explains why the series is called "The Legend of Zelda," which most likely would have happened before Ocarina of Time.

Oracles are just standalone stories similar to the Cowboy Bebop: Shooting Star manga I guess. They share characters and story elements from OoT, but they're too different to fit in anywhere (though from the opening, it looks like it could have been Adult Link after MM, but that theory goes out the window now [at least until we get story details on the new Zelda]).

Four Swords have established their own storyline as well. So there are basically three Zelda storylines: The "Classic" story, the Oracles story, and the Four Swords story. I think it's better Capcom write completely new stories for a completely new part of the franchise because otherwise the classic storyline would truly be screwed up.

Anyway, onto your Zelda Reborn/Rebirth/Fuck You All/XII/VI/VII/GC/2005/Maturelda/Realda remark, there are a couple of possibilities I see Nintendo taking the game:

1. It's set before Ocarina of Time and we witness the grand explanation of the series mentioned in AoL. The hero you see is fighting the war mentioned happening before OoT, and the Hylian shield in OoT is modeled after his too. I think this is unlikely, but would be cool nonetheless with all the bases the game could cover.

2. Complete sidestory which has no real relation to the series (like Link's Awakening). I don't see this happening though.

3. Prequel to The Wind Waker. I say this is incredibly likely given the text during the E3 trailer and the fact that he looks like the Hero of Time all grown up. Would be a pretty dark game, but might also explain the Light/Dark world in ALttP (someone had a theory on this which could further connect ALttP and OoT that I can tell you if you want).

4. Sequel to The Wind Waker. Possible, but I doubt there will be so much land all of a sudden. Plus, the shield doesn't match. The enemies look like those from The Wind Waker though.

Shigeru Miyamoto has already said that there is no timeline and no overarching continuity. Each and every game stands alone and is a retelling of the same legend.

AniHawk

Ultra Magnanimous said:
Shigeru Miyamoto has already said that there is no timeline and no overarching continuity. Each and every game stands alone and is a retelling of the same legend.

Shigeru Miyamoto also said that the continuity of the series is OoT --> MM --> ALttP --> LoZ --> AoL with LA in there somewhere (this was before TWW).

Besides, Aonuma's in charge now, and if you're telling me that there's no connection with the aforementioned games, well you're wrong. Plain and simple.

jarrod

Banned
Ultra Magnanimous said:
It's true but since Aonuma's come on board (OoT) there has been an effort to connect the games. Direct connections have been made between OoT and MM and TWW by EAD themselves now... I'd expect the new GC Zelda will relate also (probably as Anihawk mentioned, either as a direct prequel to OoT or TWW).

Also it's worth mentioning that ALttP is seen by most as being the end of the series (despite NOA's translation fuck ups). In the JP release it mentions the Master Sword sleeping forever at it's end (meaning it really can't be a remake of Zelda 1).

Tritroid

AniHawk said:
Well I think the main storyline is still OoT --> MM --> TWW --> ALttP/LoZ (ALttP being a retelling of LoZ) --> AoL

Then you can fit Link's Awakening in there wherever you want. I think it comes in after ALttP, personally.

They all connect because they all refer to each other. The Imprisoning War mentioned in the backstory of ALttP is Ocarina of Time. Then you have AoL which basically explains why the series is called "The Legend of Zelda," which most likely would have happened before Ocarina of Time.
Yeah, I think it's a given that the most obvious order thus far is OoT --> MM --> WW. The problem is with WW however, because it completely destroys any type of accurate connection that LttP (or LoZ and AoL for that matter) had with OoT. LttP usedto be a firm sequel of sorts to OoT, since it refered to the Imprisoning War occuring during OoT and the years that followed. But now so many things don't make sense thanks to Wind Waker, which is obviously set as the true sequel to OoT. With Wind Waker sitting where it is, and the events that occured in it and centuries before it (Just after the Imprisoning War came to a close and Ganon somehow broke through the seal), there is no way that LttP can come after OoT without a thousand different problems.

Oracles are just standalone stories similar to the Cowboy Bebop: Shooting Star manga I guess. They share characters and story elements from OoT, but they're too different to fit in anywhere (though from the opening, it looks like it could have been Adult Link after MM, but that theory goes out the window now [at least until we get story details on the new Zelda]).
I have heard so many various theories of where the Oracles actually fit that my brain hurts just thinking about it. Some people have said that these stories actually take place 'inside' the Triforce, as part of a separate dimension void of time and space (It's crazy, I know), and then others have said that they simply take place after Link returns to Hyrule from Termina like you said, which probably makes the most sense considering the Two-Branch Timeline that Aonuma set up in an interview once. But of course even then there are inconsistencies.

Four Swords have established their own storyline as well. So there are basically three Zelda storylines: The "Classic" story, the Oracles story, and the Four Swords story. I think it's better Capcom write completely new stories for a completely new part of the franchise because otherwise the classic storyline would truly be screwed up.
Capcom can take the Four Sword series and do whatever the fuck it wants as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't fit anywhere and I'm not going to take the time to try and figure a decent place for it. So yeah, I think setting it in a different branch like you said is probably the easiest thing to do in this case. Originally I had thought that the first FS took place just after LttP, what with the connections between the two. FSA kinda messed that up though if I remember right.

Anyway, onto your Zelda Reborn/Rebirth/Fuck You All/XII/VI/VII/GC/2005/Maturelda/Realda remark, there are a couple of possibilities I see Nintendo taking the game:

1. It's set before Ocarina of Time and we witness the grand explanation of the series mentioned in AoL. The hero you see is fighting the war mentioned happening before OoT, and the Hylian shield in OoT is modeled after his too. I think this is unlikely, but would be cool nonetheless with all the bases the game could cover.
This is actually the type of story I want them to do. The Unification War would open up an entire new chapter to the legend, since currently little is known about what actually happened before Ocarina of Time. The difficult thing however is that they'd have to actually have a war between the various races, and somehow I don't see Nintendo taking such a violent turn with friendly characters that they had already established in OoT. Considering this is obviously a more mature Zelda however, anything's possible. It would be interesting if they explained how the Link in the new Zelda is actually the father of the Hero of Time, and include the series of events leading up to the Hero of Time's mother leaving him in the hands of the Deku Tree. It would be very very cool if this is actually what they're planning on doing.

2. Complete sidestory which has no real relation to the series (like Link's Awakening). I don't see this happening though.[/quote
Yeah, I don't either. Since this is going to be a 'rebirth' of sorts fo the series, I think Aonuma will probably want to focus on the main story more instead of a subplot.

3. Prequel to The Wind Waker. I say this is incredibly likely given the text during the E3 trailer and the fact that he looks like the Hero of Time all grown up. Would be a pretty dark game, but might also explain the Light/Dark world in ALttP (someone had a theory on this which could further connect ALttP and OoT that I can tell you if you want).
Well, if it were the Hero of Time grown up, it would have to come after Majora's Mask, meaning it would have no connections period to Wind Waker or any other game in the series. (If you go by Aonuma's Two-Branch Timeline). I would enjoy hearing this theory about the Light/Dark world, I haven't heard anything relating to that.

4. Sequel to The Wind Waker. Possible, but I doubt there will be so much land all of a sudden. Plus, the shield doesn't match. The enemies look like those from The Wind Waker though.
Probably not. Unless it's centuries upon centuries after Wind Waker when a new Hyrule has already been established and what not. I think this would pretty much put a nail in the coffin of the idea of the original 3 games connecting to OoT however.

Tritroid

Ultra Magnanimous said:
Do your homework before you comment next time. This type of shit pisses me off to no end.

Miyamoto has NEVER said that there is no timeline, and Aonuma has said (while Miyamoto was sitting right next to him) that there IS a way in which all of the games fit together, and that it's actually written down somewhere at NCL.

AniHawk

jarrod said:
It's true but since Aonuma's come on board (OoT) there has been an effort to connect the games. Direct connections have been made between OoT and MM and TWW by EAD themselves now... I'd expect the new GC Zelda will relate also (probably as Anihawk mentioned, either as a direct prequel to OoT or TWW).

Also it's worth mentioning that ALttP is seen by most as being the end of the series (despite NOA's translation fuck ups). In the JP release it mentions the Master Sword sleeping forever at it's end (meaning it really can't be a remake of Zelda 1).

True, it could go from LoZ --> ALttP. Either way, I don't think Link has the Master Sword in AoL, just a normal one (like in the new GC Zelda). It also explains the series, and the "true" Princess Zelda is finally rescued, and the series ends happily with a kiss.

But now so many things don't make sense thanks to Wind Waker, which is obviously set as the true sequel to OoT. With Wind Waker sitting where it is, and the events that occured in it and centuries before it (Just after the Imprisoning War came to a close and Ganon somehow broke through the seal), there is no way that LttP can come after OoT without a thousand different problems.

Like what? I thought the main problem people had was that the Hyrule in ALttP and OoT were different in terms of geography, and TWW explains why that is. I believe we'll see a sequel to The Wind Waker someday with the Hero of Stupidity retrieving the Master Sword from a statue that looks like some guy.

This is actually the type of story I want them to do. The Unification War would open up an entire new chapter to the legend, since currently little is known about what actually happened before Ocarina of Time. The difficult thing however is that they'd have to actually have a war between the various races, and somehow I don't see Nintendo taking such a violent turn with friendly characters that they had already established in OoT. Considering this is obviously a more mature Zelda however, anything's possible. It would be interesting if they explained how the Link in the new Zelda is actually the father of the Hero of Time, and include the series of events leading up to the Hero of Time's mother leaving him in the hands of the Deku Tree. It would be very very cool if this is actually what they're planning on doing.

And on top of that you could see Ganondorf and Dapnes Nohansen Hyrule meeting each other for the first time. You could witness Ganondorf becoming more twisted and power hungry. It could explain this huge army mysteriously coming out of nowhere. It could also explain the death of all the Sheikah. We might be able to see the first Zelda being put under the sleep spell. The game would have to end on a sad note since as far as we know, both of the Hero of Time's parents didn't make it. I'm thinking of a giant final battle with Ganondorf that Hero of Time's dad can't win because he doesn't have the Master Sword.

The only way I see Nintendo doing this is if the game did not star anyone resembling Link or Zelda (for a long period of time). This way, the main character could talk, and Link's image isn't ruined by such a dark game. It would also open up areas for new gameplay as far as I'm concerned, but I wont get into that just yet.

Well, if it were the Hero of Time grown up, it would have to come after Majora's Mask, meaning it would have no connections period to Wind Waker or any other game in the series. (If you go by Aonuma's Two-Branch Timeline). I would enjoy hearing this theory about the Light/Dark world, I haven't heard anything relating to that.

Here's the theory as best as I remember:

When Link was sent back to the past at the end of OoT, this created two worlds. One is the Wind Waker timeline that has everything sorted out at the end with everyone to go off to create a new kingdom. The other is one where Hyrule is left in decay after Ganondorf's seven year reign. The timeline we've been following sets up the Light world, while the alternate one (the one including the final boss fight of OoT) sets up the Dark world.

I hate the complexities of time travel, and the person who thought it up explained it all much better.

If it's anything like the Oracle games, Minish Cap will be beyond awesome.

LTTP is weaksauce, specially in terms of puzzles and boss design. The only good boss was the Armoured Scorpion, in my opinion. :p

What is with you Dark10x and your hatred of tilesets? Yeesh LTTP is the same bloody thing. But oh teh nos!-- teh SFC can do teh diagonals!--!! Bleh to that.

Link's Awakening is so much better than the (now) boring LTTP. It's like OoT fanbots that constantly deny the brilliance that is Majora's Mask. :p

Uh wait wait wait guys... on this Zelda plot frippery.

One thing: "Dark World" is "The Golden Land", ie, where the Triforce was placed. It wasn't in Hyrule, the "Door of Time" is the gateway into that "mystical" "realm".

"Light World" is Hyrule, since the Golden Land gets teh bits when Ganon gets locked into it.

Unless that whole theorum is merely using Zeldariffic names on an unrelated point.

And I think all those fanbots have too much time on their hands for really figuring out the Zelda timeline. After OoT it was nearly incomprehensible. Leave it to Aonuma.

Tritroid

AniHawk said:
Like what? I thought the main problem people had was that the Hyrule in ALttP and OoT were different in terms of geography, and TWW explains why that is. I believe we'll see a sequel to The Wind Waker someday with the Hero of Stupidity retrieving the Master Sword from a statue that looks like some guy.
The geography isn't really an issue anyway since the flood explains that. The problems come from Ganon still being sealed in the Sacred Realm and trying to escape back into the Light World (Hyrule) in LttP, while in Wind Waker he's already been released into Hyrule and turned to stone there, WITH the Master Sword stuck in his head. (Which presents another problem since the Master Sword is completely moved to the Lost Woods by the time LttP rolls around). The Triforce, which apparently dispersed...to...somewhere in Wind Waker is now complete and in Ganon's hands in LttP inside the Sacred Realm.
There are a few other problems that I can't think of right now, but I think for the most part if they could actually put a game in between Wind Waker and LttP it could fix mostly everything. The only thing is I don't see them going through the process of locking Ganon in the Sacred Realm again. Wind Waker should have just ended with him back inside it somehow, it would have made things a lot easier. :p

And on top of that you could see Ganondorf and Dapnes Nohansen Hyrule meeting each other for the first time. You could witness Ganondorf becoming more twisted and power hungry. It could explain this huge army mysteriously coming out of nowhere. It could also explain the death of all the Sheikah. We might be able to see the first Zelda being put under the sleep spell. The game would have to end on a sad note since as far as we know, both of the Hero of Time's parents didn't make it. I'm thinking of a giant final battle with Ganondorf that Hero of Time's dad can't win because he doesn't have the Master Sword.
Yes, and you could have Ganondorf at around the same age as Link (late teen), and have excellent rivalries with that. (Sword fights and what not)

Here's the theory as best as I remember:

When Link was sent back to the past at the end of OoT, this created two worlds. One is the Wind Waker timeline that has everything sorted out at the end with everyone to go off to create a new kingdom. The other is one where Hyrule is left in decay after Ganondorf's seven year reign. The timeline we've been following sets up the Light world, while the alternate one (the one including the final boss fight of OoT) sets up the Dark world.

I hate the complexities of time travel, and the person who thought it up explained it all much better.
That doesn't really work, since the Dark World is the Sacred Realm mentioned in Ocarina of Time. It transforms into a world of evil due to Ganon's presence there. The Light World is obviously Hyrule. So the two worlds aren't separate branches of time, they're actually worlds existing side by side.

The post-7-year period sets up a period of peace for Hyrule, which is short considering Ganon returns after the Hero of Time has already returned to the past and lays waste to Hyrule, causing the gods to intervene and bring forth the flood, which eventually sets up Wind Waker. The other timeline, pre-7-year, continues with the Hero of Time traveling to Termina setting up Majora's Mask, and then ending that period as far as we know. Unless you include the Oracles after Majora's Mask.

B E N K E

Played a couple of dungeons of Minish Cap today. I really appreciate the attention and detail that has gone into designing this game. A pain is however that the GBA only has four face buttons. There is a lot of going back and forth in menues to switch weapons/items, I would have liked to more buttons to map. Anyway, the style breaths of Wind Waker, the story is a bit predictable "collect elements bla bla", but that takes nothing away from the game. I like the cap, but I thought he was going to be more helpful and give hints for the puzzle. Now he's just "hurry up and get this and bring it to someone!" and "be careful, if you get hurt so do I"... Of course, you can use him as a parachute (sort of)... The puzzles are a bit tricky. Maybe I was slow today, but there's a lot of little details you have to pay attention to.

Top Bottom