• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Jintor

Re: hand, I like that
you're trying to hide it from Luna, of all people

Unless, of course,
you bad end and everybody bludgeons you into unconsciousness and cuts off your arm

fuck that.

I got an archive for a reason, why can't I just save that shit somewhere. :(

Damn it, I pretty much hate every single 'game' part of this game.

Been playing most of this on commute. Like how you should with portable games!

3ds has no screenshot function.

Maybe i should have used the 'notes' page on the manual :/

Artemisia

Banned
My first game crash in the infamous PEC room.

To think I was 20 hours in the game and thought I was safe.

3zeHv.jpg

bakedpony

I wonder why Sigma didn't notice how he
looks like while watching the security room video of him being dragged by K? Is the video too zoomed out for him not to notice anything fishy about his appearance?

Home button -> Pencil icon

hmmm good point. notepad does take a long ass time though, but yeah never used it before for any game. Completely forgot about that.

It's just weird how the game usually sticks anything useful in the archives section, but not the most important stuff?

Roubjon

hmmm good point. notepad does take a long ass time though, but yeah never used it before for any game. Completely forgot about that.

It's just weird how the game usually sticks anything useful in the archives section, but not the most important stuff?

I don't understand the complaint though.
There are two pages in the memo, and you only need one code at a time. It's not like you are forced to memorize them. Not to mention all of the stuff in the archive's section are all technically physical objects in the game. All of the codes you get are things people told you

SmithnCo

I wonder why Sigma didn't notice how he
looks like while watching the security room video of him being dragged by K? Is the video too zoomed out for him not to notice anything fishy about his appearance?

Did
they ever say how he was dragged? Maybe he was facing downward so he couldn't notice his eye?

bakedpony

Did
they ever say how he was dragged? Maybe he was facing downward so he couldn't notice his eye?

Well in the spoiler thread,
somebody posted a zoomed in shot of the security room video. It does show him having grey hair. Shouldn't he had noticed that?

I don't understand the complaint though.
There are two pages in the memo, and you only need one code at a time. It's not like you are forced to memorize them. Not to mention all of the stuff in the archive's section are all technically physical objects in the game. All of the codes you get are things people told you

true, but it's still a needless hassle. All your secrets
carry between timelines, so why not have these pw's too? Or have a flashback before you input the password. It's just quite annoying trying to remember which timeline had which pw, or am I missing something obvious. There is that moment of flashback before each bomb, but so many endings share the same scenes, it's kinda hard to parse.

Roubjon

carry between timelines, so why not have these pw's too? Or have a flashback before you input the password. It's just quite annoying trying to remember which timeline had which pw, or am I missing something obvious. There is that moment of flashback before each bomb, but so many endings share the same scenes, it's kinda hard to parse.

Yeah, I can see what you mean.
I just thought it was rad as fuck when you had to jump back into a different time line to find out the codes. Some crazy Time Cop Action™ stuff goin' on.

JoeFu

Banned
I scribbled all the things on my two memo pages and kept them forever. I kept one tiny corner for notes on current puzzles, it was annoying, but I didn't feel like grabbing paper.

Jintor

to force you to pay attention you lazy goose

The explanation about Schrödinger's cat. So......much......to.....take.....in! **head explodes**

Also, LOL at Sigma being a creep with Clover regarding ‘tugging’ the handle to open the door.

finished.

the fuck.

migrating to other thread :)

But yeah,

story/characters/mindfuck 10/10

everything else zero/10

visuals not a fan, performance and bugginess reallly hurt shit for me. And all those color oriented puzzles.

Should have went vita probably :( (but I needed them club nintendo points!). And a notebook would have helped lol.

TheExodu5

Banned
Rec room

When I go to do the pool ball puzzle, why does the interface suddenly associate colors to each letter? This seems pretty arbitrary if this information wasn't present anywhere else.

PKrockin

GAF, Vita or 3DS version?

Vita since it doesn't have the unpredictable, crippling glitch that wipes your save data.

I'm guessing it also has a better framerate? I'm getting like low-mid teens regularly and it's distracting.

edit: and the sound is compressed, I think it sounds better on Vita.

and the characters aren't rendered as actual 3D models most of the time, meaning, say, if they point at you, their finger doesn't appear to be closer to you than the rest of their body. So 3D is kinda pointless.

Busaiku

3DS version also cuts off some text in various files and whatnot.
You absolutely should not be getting it if you have a choice.

Top Bottom