• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

It could have been done better though. Cuz it is the first time you see
your mug in 3d and it barely looks like the 2d art in the intro of you in your car. I was like 'who's that?' until the text explained.

Torraz

Just got Phi Ending. What the Hell? Mind = Blown etc...

To quote one sentence from that path: "I was speechless".

One thing I found pretty unbelievable though: (spoilers up until this point in the game)
How the fuck did Sigma not see his face in a reflection all this time?!?!

I'm feeling the same about 999, but yeah, when you are pretty much near the final few hrs of the game, you kinda just want to faq past all these pesky puzzles and SEE WHAT THE SHIT IS GOING ON.

I'm feeling the same about 999, but yeah, when you are pretty much near the final few hrs of the game, you kinda just want to faq past all these pesky puzzles and SEE WHAT THE SHIT IS GOING ON.

This is me right now with
THESE MOTHER-FLIPPING DICE!!!! I didn't have a problem the first time around, hell, it was even fun, but this time, they want a specific configuration of the dice, including the side numbers! GRRRAAAHHHHH

Dantis

This is me right now with
THESE MOTHER-FLIPPING DICE!!!! I didn't have a problem the first time around, hell, it was even fun, but this time, they want a specific configuration of the dice, including the side numbers! GRRRAAAHHHHH

I just skipped the final room. When I saw what it consisted of I was just like "Lol, nope." and got the answers online.

I feel like it was the right move to make.

I just skipped the final room. When I saw what it consisted of I was just like "Lol, nope." and got the answers online.

I feel like it was the right move to make.

Yeah. That was my first impulse, but after going through the whole thing on my own so far, I'm wanting to push through for pride's sake. Besides, I'm finally getting the hang of the
dice
! :D

Dantis

Yeah. That was my first impulse, but after going through the whole thing on my own so far, I'm wanting to push through for pride's sake. Besides, I'm finally getting the hang of the
dice
! :D

Pride is for suckers. :p

I've had a weird headache all week, so I think if I'd sat through those final puzzles it would have ruined the ending for me.

pretty much atm I'm clicking around getting everything, but for the actual puzzle, if I can't figure out the gist at a glance, gamefaqs.

Not because I don't want to spend time, 100% of all my crashes have been messing around with a puzzle for too long. I suspect some kind of memory leak.

It's extremely disappointing.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA HELL YEAH! Finished the whole room with no guide! I even got the Gold file too! Sure I had a little help from using an excel spreadsheet to organize my thoughts, but... F*** YEAH! I'm so proud of myself. :)

Now to get out of here and figure out why this is all happening! TO THE TRUE ENDING!!! ^.^

PKrockin

With the people just using GameFAQs I get a kick out of imagining Sigma saying to himself, "WHY DO I... KNOW THESE THINGS?" as he beelines to the safe and punches in the code in five seconds.

Torraz

Finished the game. Wow. Now where is my freezing pod so I don't have to wait until the third game :(.

Hooray, my first platinum.

so1337

What is the significance of the fake spotlights in the Rec Room?

Are they supposed to be the light source that illuminates the Luminol?

Man...I'm about 14 hours in and still haven't seen 1 ending yet. Lots of TBC'd and Game Overs.

Enjoying the game a ton, but man, I need something meaty to happen! Every time the plot ramps up, I get stuck at a dead end.

Ninjimbo

That's what I did. The plot was getting too good so I faqqed my way through the last few rooms.

That and I needed to find the deactivation codes because I didn't write any of them down. :p

So the ending is done... Holy crap
that just hurt to understand. I think I have most of it down, but what the hell... That whole time loop thing was still a little beyond me. I just sorta gave up and went with it. It kinda makes sense, but the loops and swaps are a little tough to keep track of without a stright line diagram or an animation.

I almsot shat my pants when I saw that Sigma was actually old Zero Sr. That realy came out of left field. Anyways... Now I have the next part of the ending. Hopefully that'll help clear things up.

But Before I go, I'm going to ask one thing: Anyone able to just briefly explain the meaning behind the Latin on the tombstone? I know it's related to Sigma and Sigma Sr., but... Exactly how is a little hard to wrap my head around atm.

Jintor

"I am you, will be me"

It's normally used in the sense that "I'm dead, you will be too one day" but in this case it indicates that Zero Snr is Sigma, and Sigma will become Zero Snr.

GSR

But Before I go, I'm going to ask one thing: Anyone able to just briefly explain the meaning behind the Latin on the tombstone? I know it's related to Sigma and Sigma Sr., but... Exactly how is a little hard to wrap my head around atm.

Tui fui, ego eris = As I am, so shall you be/what you are, I was. It's just a tip-off that Sigma will become Zero Sr.

Also, if you haven't already,
check the very top of the flowchart, and after that, the very bottom-right (assuming you finished all the rooms on hard. If you haven't, go back and do that.)

Also, if you haven't already,
check the very top of the flowchart, and after that, the very bottom-right (assuming you finished all the rooms on hard. If you haven't, go back and do that.)

Yeah, I'm doing that right now...
Ahhhh How I missed June/Akane's look from 999. :) She was adorable!

Also, the reporter killing herself... Holy crap. This shit is pretty heavy stuff. I kinda really want to see this and 999 fully anime-d out. It would be absolutely legendary!

And another question... Why didn't anyone comment on how old Sigma was? I don't think he was his young self in every timeline, correct?

Yeah, I'm doing that right now...
Ahhhh How I missed June/Akane's look from 999. :) She was adorable! And another question... Why didn't anyone comment on how old Sigma was? I don't think he was his young self in every timeline, correct?

Someone pointed out that there were various instances where Sigma's oldness was talked about the biggest one being when Sigma grabbed Dio's leg during one ending and Dio said,"Let go of me, you senile old fuck." Also, I agree about June. She's adorbs. Her voice didn't really match what I imagined in my head though.

Well, beat the game and got every ending. I guess I'm off to the spoiler thread now.

Awesome game, probably going to be my personal GOTY. The ending is such a tease though.

Jintor

SPAM BABY SPAM

someone-talked.jpg

Noi

SHIT. It took me way too long to realize what was wrong with my post.

Now I feel really bad for just posting something people had said already. :(

I'm really sorry... It is partially my fault for asking so many questions here. Especially ones that are so closely tied to the ending.

I just finished and goddamn that just- I don't know what's going on anymore... Hopefully the Spoiler Topic will hold the answers I seek. Farewell fellow players!

Noi

I'm really sorry... It is partially my fault for asking so many questions here. Especially ones that are so closely tied to the ending.

I just finished and goddamn that just- I don't know what's going on anymore... Hopefully the Spoiler Topic will hold the answers I seek. Farewell fellow players!

No apologies on your side needed. I really should have checked my tags, especially when mass deleting a bunch of text off a post.

Though yes, talking about stuff like that in the Spoiler thread is recommended.

The lesson learned here is that when dealing with spoiler tags, the 'Preview Post' button is your friend.

I usually preview every single one of my posts before hitting submit. Figures I don't on the one where I really should have. :/

Also, just one comment that I've been saving for a while: I really loved this game and how long it was (45 hours at the end of it all!) but I just- I dunno. 999 had such a charm to it with the whole setting. There's something magical about opening actual doors as apposed to steel slabs that do... that WOOSH thing.

Ugh... Now I want to replay 999, but I have other games that I bought and pushed aside like Professor Layton and Pokemon Black 2 (Still right at the second gym and haven't moved at all in like- 3 weeks!) Who knows? Maybe when ZE3 comes out, I'll marathon 999 and VLR back to back and refresh on every little detail.

The nutrition puzzle in the pantry was hell on earth itself.

When I was first trying that puzzle, I didn't realize that there was a document with the values, and I was just trying to trial and error it. That was...bad (I still got about 3/5ths of the way done, but I just couldn't finish it). I felt really dumb when I found out there was a document that made it so much easier.

Almost at my first ending. The far left one on the tree. I like the feeling of not knowing What the fuck any of this means like the first two playthroughs in 999.

Top Bottom