• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

oh yeah...
ice 9. alice.

strange how i played 999 like only half a year ago, but i don't remember much of it. that game was quite dense lol.

Weird how i completely forgot about
alice.

Yeah i got it thanks for the thought :)

btw: does the vita version have framerate issues? 3ds one definitely ain't smooth during certain animations and puzzles.

Huh, perhaps the speculation I made in this post:

Tenmyouji ending get! First one too. It was alright. Kind of have suspicions that
he's Junpei, but that would put this WAAAAAY in the future and I think there's a bunch of things that don't work with that theory.

isn't as outlandish as I thought. On the 3rd part of the flowchart now and
Tenmyouji definitely seems to know Clover after picking ally while the other 2 picked betray. Interesting...

Edit: And if that's true, I wonder if
the old lady is Akane.

LiK

btw: does the vita version have framerate issues? 3ds one definitely ain't smooth during certain animations and puzzles.

the only times it looked choppy is during certain 3D cutscenes but i think it's just the way they were animated. but no issues with the puzzles, iirc.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

The 3ds version has some massive frame rate issues if you use the nub to move around the rooms, but it's fine if you stylus swipe. Pretty weird.

i'm not even mad anymore.

3rd time game fucked up.

A7aK588CYAAdee9.jpg

dice puzzle in archives.

everything is unresponsive, home button works though.

and I had such a hard fucking time lining up those dice :(

Jintor

same lol... save, get phi to tell you almost exactly what to do (insulting you the entire time), then go back to hard

Oh man that's actually probably the logical next step... have characters in the narrative aware when you're save-scumming

same lol... save, get phi to tell you almost exactly what to do (insulting you the entire time), then go back to hard

Oh man that's actually probably the logical next step... have characters in the narrative aware when you're save-scumming

Haha yeah. I just don't get fractions so it was a lost cause. Phi was getting so frustrated explaining it Luna had to take over LOL.

One Ending left.... Oh man. So much...
Luna's ending. Goddamn that was long! But Oh man... I just- I just died inside when I saw her "dead" and then again when she finally died. Luna... Best ending in the game. The music timed perfectly with the words and UGH! So much amazing.

My only problem was that the info came slowly over time, so I had time to form up theories. I kind of figured Luna would be a Gaulem after finishing the Gaulem Lab escape. It didn't surprise me completely, so it didn't totally screw with my mind. But still... That was pretty crazy, and extremely well done!

I also figured out a few things like how Santa/Aoi is Zero Sr. among other things. I dunno... I have a feeling that for the final path, there will be a couple surprises, but nothing on the level of 999's crazy-ness. (The game will prove me wrong no doubt.)

I do really wish that 999 had Voice Acting now. Imagine the True Ending with full voicing and dramatic music. OH THE FEELS THAT WOULD BE FELT!!!

I switched the voices to Japanese to hear what they sound like and really like them so far. I think I'll keep them on Japanese from now on since I like most of the Japanese voices more than their English versions (especially Tenmyouji, Alice and Clover). It's not like the English ones are bad though, far from it. Too bad I won't be hearing the great Zero III anymore though :p

Torraz

One Ending left.... Oh man. So much...
Luna's ending. Goddamn that was long! But Oh man... I just- I just died inside when I saw her "dead" and then again when she finally died. Luna... Best ending in the game. The music timed perfectly with the words and UGH! So much amazing.

My only problem was that the info came slowly over time, so I had time to form up theories. I kind of figured Luna would be a Gaulem after finishing the Gaulem Lab escape. It didn't surprise me completely, so it didn't totally screw with my mind. But still... That was pretty crazy, and extremely well done!

I also figured out a few things like how Santa/Aoi is Zero Sr. among other things. I dunno... I have a feeling that for the final path, there will be a couple surprises, but nothing on the level of 999's crazy-ness. (The game will prove me wrong no doubt.)

I do really wish that 999 had Voice Acting now. Imagine the True Ending with full voicing and dramatic music. OH THE FEELS THAT WOULD BE FELT!!!

Honestly, the lack of dramatic music, at least in comparison to other games in the genre like the Phoenix Wright series, Ghost trick, the Umineko games etc. is my bar my biggest grievance with the game. The ambient / atmospheric creepy part of the soundtrack is fantastic, but for the rest... bleh.

Nearly finished with the true ending route I think, but then the vita wanted to be recharged. Should finish it tonight.

Well that's... Unsettling. Damn... I don't know when I'll have time to go through another 5 hours of this game. It's taken over my weekend so far, and I have plenty of other stuff to get done. >.>

Also, just got the
Game Over 2 ending for Luna. Gosh, it just seals the deal on why I love this game. Zero III is just... Well, I just love to hate him! Hopefully he gets more screentime during the True Ending. He's been pretty absent from most of the game. At least, compared to what I expected.

40 hours in and it's time to keep moving down the final path! 'm at
Bomb #2. Approx. how much time do I have left?

Javier

I actually got one of the Gaulem Bay puzzles right by accident. I hadn't even found the clue for it yet.

The one where you have to land on the correct voltage and you get only four button presses. I pressed the middle one four times and it solved itself.

Roubjon

Well that's... Unsettling. Damn... I don't know when I'll have time to go through another 5 hours of this game. It's taken over my weekend so far, and I have plenty of other stuff to get done. >.>

Also, just got the
Game Over 2 ending for Luna. Gosh, it just seals the deal on why I love this game. Zero III is just... Well, I just love to hate him! Hopefully he gets more screentime during the True Ending. He's been pretty absent from most of the game. At least, compared to what I expected.

40 hours in and it's time to keep moving down the final path! 'm at
Bomb #2. Approx. how much time do I have left?

Woah at playing for 40 hours already. If I had to guess, you probably have 3-4 more hours.

Woah at playing for 40 hours already. If I had to guess, you probably have 3-4 more hours.

Heh... Yeah. I think a good 4-7 hours of that time was probably a couple times of playing at night and I fell asleep. (It's probably not the best to play in my bed. haha) But yeah... This game has surprised me with it's length. I was pretty far in at 25 hours, but then the next 15 just clocked in without me noticing.
Just did the Number 0 bomb too now... Swimsuits <3 ahahahaha

I don't know if I should stop to do work or keep going and finish regardless of the consequences.
This game is addicting like no other.

PKrockin

While I was drowning in numbers, pin codes, and upside down numbers in the Crew Quarters I found some easter eggs by dialing 8008 and 6969.

I'm not proud to have discovered these on my own.

I actually got one of the PEC puzzles right by accident. I hadn't even found the clue for it yet.

The one where you have to land on the correct voltage and you get only four button presses. I pressed the middle one four times and it solved itself.

I really can't remember it... D:

On the final room
First: Q room. As Tenmyouji noted, that's a nice touch. haha. Second. The f*** is this? some kind of Minesweeper? Four times?!? Ain't nobody got time for that! -_-

Oh you've got to be kitten me!
I start with the hardest panel first... Dammit. Oh well, at least I got it out of the way early, right? And now they're just screwing with me. Taking puzzles from every room so far and making me do them again.... Ugh. Well, here goes! -____-

Torraz

On the final room
First: Q room. As Tenmyouji noted, that's a nice touch. haha. Second. The f*** is this? some kind of Minesweeper? Four times?!? Ain't nobody got time for that! -_-

"Minesweeper" is only the first step.

I'm at the end of that room, well at the final puzzle.

LOL...same with me! I had to drop the game to easy for the root puzzle.

lol, I actually got that one by accident too just placing numbers
that added up to 100
in random places. I thought it was some kind of fraction thing with the sets themselves, but that didn't really make any sense considering the numbers that were there.

Top Bottom