• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

grim-tales

I know but still, thought that
there'd be a bombshell like who he really is or something, perhaps thats the true ending...

grim-tales

I have a feeling that
Ten is Junpei because it seems to be heavily hinting the old lady is Akane/June.. but why are they old when everyone else is young, when this game is only 1 year on...? *hurts*

aravuus

Goddamn it, lost my 3ds stylus. Fucking tiny thing just vanished!

Time to find something to replace it ugh. Also, Clover ending in a few minutes.

e: oh SHIT that ending! Haha, oh wow.
After a few good or good-ish endings, where at least some survived, I thought they'd all be like this. Enter Clover's ending. Oh wow, that was cruel. Well yeah, Phi was alive but I assume she was infected with Rad-6 too.

grim-tales

I'm the exact same as you guys, with Phoenix Wright, Time Hollow, Ghost Trick, 999 and now VLR, I can't get enough of VN's and mystery games :D

aravuus

Ghost Trick was fucking mind blowing too! I actually have Time Hollow in my backlog, I guess I'll be doing it after VLR.

Anyway, now onward to
Alice's
ending!

aravuus

Well I've only got three endings so far, but I can already say that Dio's the one I dislike most. He's an asshole and overall just not a very interesting character. I do think I'm going to get some interesting back story stuff out of him later.

Can't really pick my favorite though. Phi's a cute deadpan snarker, I really like her. Sigma's dumb and hilarious, I really like him. Clover is great, and I've already come to like her in the first game. For some reason, I'm really liking Luna too, I'm usually not that much into those goofy clumsy characters she seems to be.

The AB game after cyan door was pretty awesome. I love how 999 and VLR
justify the multiple playthroughs/routes before the true route.

grim-tales

Yeah, I wasnt sure about Phi at first, I kinda like her, she's cute but sarky and makes jokes that don't really make sense but she's kinda suspicious too....

I HATE Dio. Fuck you, Dio! He's just an arsehole and doesnt even really try to hide the fact he's an arsehole.

Sigma is funny, reminds me of Junpei.
I absolutely LOVE Luna, for reasons you'll see later on.. <3

I don't like Quark, he's just dull.

grim-tales

K is cool and awesome at times but can sometimes be a jerk
with his "I'm doing this for the greater good" stuff, and even he killed someone (OK the end justified the means maybe...)

aravuus

I don't like Quark, he's just dull.

Ah yeah, he's just.. There.

Of course I can't really say anything for sure until I've finished all the routes, the characters seem to be hiding a LOT so opinions are bound to change. I like Sigma, Phi, Clover and Luna now though, and I know I'm going to like them later too.

Anyway, another day, another route finished. Now I've done
Dio, Ten and Clover
endings. I think I have all day tomorrow free, after an exam at midday, so I should be able to get two endings tomorrow.

Loving the game!

grim-tales

Fair point, perhaps my opinion will change when I get the final ending...
Besides..
Dio says stuff like "he [Quark] is a hell of an actor" etc... :s

grim-tales

Gah.. the
Q Room is annoying.. I can't even figure out the floating cube thing as I'm very bad at thinking at 3 dimensions...

grim-tales

In the Q Room I really wanted someone to say
"They're coming outta the walls.. they're coming out of the goddamn walls!"

:D

Jintor

Yes but it was all for the greater good.

The greater good.

picture1.jpg

aravuus

Ow goddamn picking
betray felt bad in Alice's routes final AB game thanks to Luna
:V

Just got
Alice's ending,
and these endings are getting crazier and crazier all the time lol.

aravuus

Close to
finishing K's
ending and THIS is the suspense I love! The game hasn't really delivered on the mind fuck yet, and I don't expect it to before the true end, so I was kind of waiting for this -
mystery, murders, suspense!
Loving this route!

e: oh oH OH
I spoke too soon! What the fuck was up with that ending,
OH MAN I HAVE TO START A NEW PLAYTHROUGH RIGHT AWAY

PKrockin

Close to
finishing K's
ending and THIS is the suspense I love! The game hasn't really delivered on the mind fuck yet, and I don't expect it to before the true end, so I was kind of waiting for this -
mystery, murders, suspense!
Loving this route!

e: oh oH OH
I spoke too soon! What the fuck was up with that ending,
OH MAN I HAVE TO START A NEW PLAYTHROUGH RIGHT AWAY
Bwahahaha. I was already laughing when you said
you had almost finished K's ending but didn't expect the mindfucks yet. Little did you know...
I love these reactions.

aravuus

Bwahahaha. I was already laughing when you said
you had almost finished K's ending but didn't expect the mindfucks yet. Little did you know...
I love these reactions.

Hah, yeah, funny how I happened to mention it right in that route.

K (thoughts):
What the fuck
What the fuck
What the fucking fucking fuck?
Is K Sigma's cloooooooooone?

I have so many theories right now that I'm not going to give them second thoughts lol, I'll just carry on with the game. None of them are probably even right :V

Chopper

I'm pretty sure no-one has ever played a game as slowly as grim has played VLR. It's been a great read, but every time I see this thread bump I'm expecting to see grim's mind exploding. I can't wait.

aravuus

Ah, my heart stopped for a moment. Got a game over in
Sigma's
route even though I have all the story locks open. Re-jumping to that lock fixed it though. Weird.

Are the gold files/whatever either needed for the true end or do they contain information you're going to need, in either puzzles or in understanding the story? There's a few rooms I don't have the gold file from.

Chopper

Ah, my heart stopped for a moment. Got a game over in
Sigma's
route even though I have all the story locks open. Re-jumping to that lock fixed it though. Weird.

Are the gold files/whatever either needed for the true end or do they contain information you're going to need, in either puzzles or in understanding the story? There's a few rooms I don't have the gold file from.
Go back and get them man.

aravuus

Go back and get them man.

Guess I should. Not before I finish
Sigma's route though, shit is getting really fucking weird
and I have some theories which I hope are not true.

e: phew, got the ending, not true! but why does it have to be fucking 11:36pm GODDAMN I WANT TO PLAY MORE

aravuus

Sigma's ending
was just weird - robot arms, WTF! Be prepared for Luna's ending - I was crying :( It's beautiful man :(

Why would you do this?! Now I can't sleep!

Fuck I get excited too easily

was it happy or sad? I want to be adequately prepared if it's sad :V

Fey

Banned
Well, there will certainly be
lots and lots of feels.

Seriously, just play it. It's one of the game's most memorable moments.

That ending was amazing. ;____; I was legitimately close to crying. Easily my favourite ending.

Gregorn

I know this isn't the 999 thread but I just wanted to vent my frustration for getting the terrible sub ending twice. :/

I'm pretty sure I know what to do.

Fey

Banned
I know this isn't the 999 thread but I just wanted to vent my frustration for getting the terrible sub ending twice. :/

I'm pretty sure I know what to do.

lolol that happened to me the first time I played the game. For some reason I thought changing a single door I went through in the beginning would yield a different ending even if I did everything else the same way. Was very annoying.

Top Bottom