• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

aravuus

It has arrived!

rU83EMl.jpg

Just going to have to finish this one Ever17 route and then it's VLR time

aravuus

No wait, not just yet! I'm gonna finish Ever17 first. Shouldn't take long.

Oh man, this week is going to stay in my memory for being The Plot Twist Week.

e: the twister week

aravuus

My copy doesnt have all those awards icons on the top, just the IGN quote. I have the UK version, maybe mine was an earlier printing?

Probably yeah, I did order mine from UK Amazon so otherwise it should be the exact same version.

I wish I could have a memory erase and begin the game all over again (I know its not finished yet, but still) :D

I feel this way about a few games too. 999 is one of them so I'm kind of expecting something similar from VLR!

grim-tales

No idea, I was wondering the same thing myself - but I did have to wait quite sometime for my copy which might indicate it was popular (among its niche)...

I think it sold well. What helps is that it got several awards and I've seen a lot of people that never heard of 999 play this game, especially Vita users.
It's still a niche title, but it got what it deserved!
"To the Moon" is another great example. It won some awards, it's a really niche title, developed by, what, 5 people? Still, it has its good fanbase!
BTW, play it, it's spectacular!
While I think VLR didn't do great in Japan, I think Aksys hit the nail in the US.
It's still early to say for EU, since in Germany and Italy the retail version has been delayed to March 15th... For mysterious reasons.. Maybe translating the box is a long and perilous task.
But I've seen at least 15 italians online that played the game, it's pretty impressive!

grim-tales

I'm not overly fond of Quark to be honest.
I know these are only small things but I hope there arent any typo/grammar errors in ZE3, but I do appreciate VLR was a very big translation project.

Chopper

I'm not overly fond of Quark to be honest.
I know these are only small things but I hope there arent any typo/grammar errors in ZE3, but I do appreciate VLR was a very big translation project.
I never noticed any typos. What I initially thought were typos were rabbit or cat puns. Or the fact no-one on the team knows how to spell "dunno".

I only noticed one typo. Annoyingly enough I can't remember what word it was now, but it was quite striking at the time because it was used two sentences in a row, typo-ed in the first and spelt correctly in the 2nd.

grim-tales

I remember something like
There was only one chioce!

The
dice puzzle (2nd one) in the archives
is pissing me off :x
I thought it seemed too easy when I just matched up the colours and got the Gold File - HULK SMASH!

grim-tales

Yeah I think it was that :D
I had to use a guide for the
Dice Puzzle but at least it wasnt random like the Mastermind lock one :D

grim-tales

Some very odd stuff is going on....

White stuff coming out of Sigma's hand instead of blood... (get ya mind outta the gutta!).. but the news that Sigma may be a robot/GAULEM is a real WTF moment...! :D
I do absolutely love Luna, she's just.. so... nice <3 I couldn't ever betray her :)

Ezi0

I completed this earlier and got the platinum. A really well crafted story and experience.

My only gripe is that the EU version doesn't have English voices. I have no idea why they weren't included. I would have enjoyed it more if they were present.

grim-tales

I was thinking that.
Anyway I got:

Sigma
ending.

Wut

What

WHAT?!
What. The. Fuck.

Sigma has robot arms?! Why, how? This is weird. But it also made me wonder about Luna as there's a "robotic calm with a human face" line, maybe everyone is a robot? I mean, K LOOKS like a robot with armour etc, Sigma has robot/cybernetic arms, Luna - ???

grim-tales

What ending do you get after Lock 3? I unlocked that one but the path seems longer than I thought. I'm trying to go for the endings in the order PurpleMaster said but...

grim-tales

Thanks. I'll continue that way then...
Then go back to the left path.. I'll have to look up the bomb codes again as I wrote them down on the 3DS memo pad, but they erase over time?!? Gah....
Sigma's ending was so weird... I have a feeling this (Quark) ending is where he survives though..... dunno why, I just KNOW ;)

aravuus

I'm going to start 999 today, I'm not quite sure what I'm getting into so is there anything I need to know?

As it has been already pointed out, you need to get one specific ending before you can get the true ending. While there's some logic behind the choices you make and what ending you get, you might want to use a spoiler-free guide to get the endings you need after a blind playthrough or two.

And of course, prepare for what's coming. The game will blow your mind.

Gregorn

So I can play through it normally the first time and then use a guide so the next runs. I hope playing through it multiple times isn't as tedious as it sounds.

Jintor

So I can play through it normally the first time and then use a guide so the next runs. I hope playing through it multiple times isn't as tedious as it sounds.

After you get an ending you'll get a teaser video for an alternate path. Pay attention to those and you shouldn't get too jacked up. If you get too frustrated, just consult a spoiler-free guide, everyone else did.

grim-tales

VLR theory (sorry back to VLR):

Perhaps all the participants are robots in some way on a space station? Still havent figured out who Zero Jr/Sr. are yet though

aravuus

Well if you want to keep it in minimum, two runs would be enough. Still I suggest playing it through once blind. On later playthroughs you can fast-forward text you've seen, but you unfortunately can't skip the puzzles you've already done.

grim-tales

Speaking of that....
On VLR if I already completed a puzzle on 'Easy' can I just skip to Hard and enter the password without doing the puzzle again?

grim-tales

Been looking at the passwords and I still have to get a few gold files :D

Anyhoo,

Holy Shit Moment 1:
The old lady MUST be Akane/June - I found an ID card that says Kurashiki, with a very famillar sounding password....
Holy Shit Moment 2:
Then that means - Tenmyouji is..... :eek:
No WONDER Ten was acting weird if she WAS Akane?!?
Maybe when she was a bit older, she helped look after K. Or maybe she thought K was Junpei under the suit (Sigma looks like an older Junpei IMO).
But I also heard that.... 'Junpei would return in the 3rd game' if that is true then my theory makes no sense. If its correct, maybe Ten has time travelled or this is a LONG way in the future

Just pondering something that has been bothering me,
was it ever explained why Sigma developed Rad-6 like symptoms while in the security room (or it might have been called the control room, sorry can't remember, the one with all the security camera images anyway) and Phi doesn't. From the ending I was under the impression that everyone you meet had the virus and the entire game is taking place at 1/6th speed, although perhaps it is the intention that the virus is inconstant and kicks in at random times. Seeing as how like everything in this game is Chekhov's gun in one form or another I can't help but feel I've missed some point of this scene.

grim-tales

Luna is a robot?!? Holy shit... But I love her... *dies* :(
What if she's been programmed to be sweet and is really evil *runs in fear*

tumblr_lwafyjZJi21qzxkvt.gif

grim-tales

Why would Zero Sr. put a robot in the game when Zero 3 is a robot/AI?
ARGGHHH mindfuck... I dont want to betray Luna though

grim-tales

Only got 2 (technichally 3) left now... saving the best to last eh? ;)
Hang on... maybe
Luna was created by K's father? Perhaps she was the robot he made to be like a mother to K and he didnt like it?

emag

Just pondering something that has been bothering me,
was it ever explained why Sigma developed Rad-6 like symptoms while in the security room (or it might have been called the control room, sorry can't remember, the one with all the security camera images anyway) and Phi doesn't. From the ending I was under the impression that everyone you meet had the virus and the entire game is taking place at 1/6th speed, although perhaps it is the intention that the virus is inconstant and kicks in at random times. Seeing as how like everything in this game is Chekhov's gun in one form or another I can't help but feel I've missed some point of this scene.

The Radical 6 stuff is the game defies comprehension, as does the Zeros' decision-making process and pretty much everything regarding Dio.
There's a lot that occurs in VLR just to make the story more interesting, not for any rational reason.

aravuus

Finally finished Ever17, though I think I have to take a while to gather the bits and pieces of my mind around before start VLR.

e: alright virtues last reward, here i come!

I like how
colorful the archive texts are. Artificial insemination... lol
Who knows, maybe it has something to do with the story. It's the goddamn 999 2 after all.

Malnourished harpy! I'm liking Sigma already! Take that Junpei

Top Bottom