• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

GSR

I can't stop playing this game since I got it yesterday

I clocked in 11 hours today I need help

it is so good

image.php

You. I like you.

grim-tales

So, has Uchikoshi mentioned volume 3 at all again lately? This was about the time of year we got first info on VLR in Famitsu, and I'm wondering if Chunsoft's going to try and hit TGS again.

The only quote I remember is "I hope to have good news by the end of the year" but he said that months ago, and 2 years ago when we heard about VLR development was quite advanced... I havent heard him mention ZE3 either :(

Drago

HOLY FUCK!!!!!

THE OLD WOMAN WAS K'S 'MOM'?!? WHAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!

That's not even the first WTF twist but... WOW!!!

THIS GAME

edit:
K IS SIGMA ASDFSDSJSJSJD WHHAAHAATAT

Busaiku

HOLY FUCK!!!!!

THE OLD WOMAN WAS K'S 'MOM'?!? WHAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!

That's not even the first WTF twist but... WOW!!!

THIS GAME

edit:
K IS SIGMA ASDFSDSJSJSJD WHHAAHAATAT

Man, I'm guessing you didn't play 999.
Such a shame.

Drago

Well shit

Sigma is a cyborg, and I have a feeling Luna is a Gaulem

I should be sleeping but I can't stop playing help

Drago

Sorry for the DP but

THE OLD WOMAN... K'S MOM... WAS A KURASHIKI?!?!?!? Maybe even... could it be Akane?!?!

WHAT THE FUCK?!!?!

This game is so insane

grim-tales

I was exactly the same as Drago:

Wha.. WTF.. K has my f.. FACE? So does that mean I'm K? WHAT THE FUCK?!?!GFFFFFFF

Oh to play for the first time again :(

Wichu

I was exactly the same as Drago:

Wha.. WTF.. K has my f.. FACE? So does that mean I'm K? WHAT THE FUCK?!?!GFFFFFFF

Oh to play for the first time again :(

My friend is playing through VLR at the moment, and it's interesting on how our theories differ. For example,
I went through the Gaulem Bay before K's ending, so I assumed either K or Sigma was a robot
. On the other hand,
he didn't, so he (correctly) thinks K is a clone; getting through most of the Alice ending shortly after, where she says her father was researching human cloning, supported this. I wonder if he'll change his mind once he goes through the Gaulem Bay; he just saw Sigma's white blood :p

Ondore

If anyone missed it, the game is going up on the North American eShop today for $25.

No word on the save bug being fixed.

Drago

UMM

IS TENMYOUJI ACTUALLY JUNPEI?!?!?!

He has a picture of Akane... he says he's been looking for her his whole life... the way he reacted to the dead old woman, who was... AKANE

HOLY FUCK BALLS

Javier

I've said it many times before, but it never gets old. Seeing the reactions and theories of the new players is half the fun of games like these.

Hope we get a lot more newcomers now that the game's gone digital in America.

Busaiku

Sorry for the DP but

THE OLD WOMAN... K'S MOM... WAS A KURASHIKI?!?!?!? Maybe even... could it be Akane?!?!

WHAT THE FUCK?!!?!

This game is so insane

That's what I didn't want to spoil.
Most people (at least I think) got to that point before all the stuff you mentioned earlier, so I just assumed you didn't know what was being referenced.

Drago

AH MAH GAWD

So Tenmyouji really is Junpei, the woman was Akane, yet Junpei is old and Clover and Alice are still young... so the 'they were frozen' theory has to be true... and what's going on outside of the facility? and... what about K being Sigma? If Akane was his 'mom', who was his dad? and... aughuagaug I CANT HANDLE IT WAOU

Just tell me... does the true ending clear EVERYTHING up? Because there are so many questions

DaBoss

AH MAH GAWD

So Tenmyouji really is Junpei, the woman was Akane, yet Junpei is old and Clover and Alice are still young... so the 'they were frozen' theory has to be true... and what's going on outside of the facility? and... what about K being Sigma? If Akane was his 'mom', who was his dad? and... aughuagaug I CANT HANDLE IT WAOU

Just tell me... does the true ending clear EVERYTHING up? Because there are so many questions

It clears up every question you've asked, but it leaves more questions that the sequel will have to answer.

Drago

It clears up every question you've asked, but it leaves more questions that the sequel will have to answer.
The third game is going to be a midquel if I remember correctly, right?

I can't wait. I hope we get info at TGS... anything will satisfy me

Drago

Aaaaand Sigma is motherfucking Zero.

I kinda had a feeling he would be... but still.

WOW.

Edit: AND K'S DAD HOLY SHIT

Drago

And that's it... just finished the (what I think is) the True Ending.
Where Akane tells Kyle he will save the world or something like that

And I am confused as fuck. Guess it's time to read through the spoiler thread.

Absolutely magnificent game. Zero Escape 3 needs to come out yesterday.

DaBoss

And that's it... just finished the (what I think is) the True Ending.
Where Akane tells Kyle he will save the world or something like that

And I am confused as fuck. Guess it's time to read through the spoiler thread.

Absolutely magnificent game. Zero Escape 3 needs to come out yesterday.

Fr6k2kQ.png

Don't forget to read the Q&A.

Drago

Hey folks, this may be an odd question but is there a page out there that describes the ending (and the game, really) in excruciating detail? Where everything that can be explained, is?

I'm still so confused about a lot of things. Like, I kinda get some things but not fully. Things like
how exactly sould Alice and Clover go back in tome with a Schrödingers Cat method, or who this Diane I'm reading about in other threads is and her relation to Luna, and what is Kyle's deal with... everything? Who's conscious is in his body, or is his in another?
I intend to read to Q&A shortly so maybe that'll help me out, but I just want to understand everything.

Game is having the same effect 999 had, where everything is going to stick with me for a few days after completion. Man...

I've said it many times before, but it never gets old. Seeing the reactions and theories of the new players is half the fun of games like these.

Hope we get a lot more newcomers now that the game's gone digital in America.

Anyone made a thread on that in Gaming? It's the kind of thing that should be tossed out there to snag more mindblowingedness.

Hey folks, this may be an odd question but is there a page out there that describes the ending (and the game, really) in excruciating detail? Where everything that can be explained, is?

I'm still so confused about a lot of things. Like, I kinda get some things but not fully. Things like
how exactly sould Alice and Clover go back in tome with a Schrödingers Cat method, or who this Diane I'm reading about in other threads is and her relation to Luna, and what is Kyle's deal with... everything? Who's conscious is in his body, or is his in another?
I intend to read to Q&A shortly so maybe that'll help me out, but I just want to understand everything.

Game is having the same effect 999 had, where everything is going to stick with me for a few days after completion. Man...

They definately set my bar high for other ADV/VNs, I know that.

Busaiku

You can't call the next game a "midquel", it'll be a full sequel.
None of the events going forward have happened yet, you would be creating something new, with the knowledge of everything that happened prior.
Once that game ends, the events of Virtue's Last Reward will no longer hold.

Drago

Waiiiiiit a second.

I'm reading up on a bunch of things and replaying the Another End to try and better understand everything and... is ?/'Kyle' supposed to be me? The player character? And everything I've learned over 999 and VLR is going to be integral to ZE3? The way Akane talks to me like an uncontrolled variable... how they need my help, only I can save the world, only I can change history...

But where the hell is Kyle's consciousness in the past? Is there a character yet to be introduced, one to represent us maybe?

Oh man... I think I finally understand everything

Drago

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";79279061]Finally got the game because of the SMTIV/FE:A thing, lol

Here I go![/QUOTE]
Sure hope you played 999 first!!

Enjoy, game really is amazing.

Top Bottom