• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Tizoc

I KNOW MAN!

OK just saw the True ending and uh
so I guess Akane was talking to the player right? Was there some moral or some shit here?
What really happened in the Mars Test and how did Radical 6 come about?
Who is Phi exactly?
Will Zero Escape 3 take place during the Mars Test?
...and Junpei's full name is Tenmyoji Junpei? That's a weird name...

Tizoc

Could someone clear something for me please?

One of the Secret Files states that the passwords to disabling the bombs do have a meaning, but the only hint to finding the pattern is +1. What is the link in each password?

Oh and how did Dio get to the moon?

One of the Secret Files states that the passwords to disabling the bombs do have a meaning, but the only hint to finding the pattern is +1. What is the link in each password?

You should go to the spoiler thread ASAP.

BUt i'll answer a question :

Dio got to the moon because he live there, there are several facilities with people , the location of the experiment is only one of those.

Tizoc

You should go to the spoiler thread ASAP.

BUt i'll answer a question :

Dio got to the moon because he live there, there are several facilities with people , the location of the experiment is only one of those.

Ah!
In his ending they mention going to a nearby facility in the area, that makes some sense as the game does take place in the far future

Chris R

Why didn't I know about the JUMP feature??? Argggggggh

At least this will make the rest of the game progress much faster.

Omikaru

Why didn't I know about the JUMP feature??? Argggggggh

At least this will make the rest of the game progress much faster.

Wait, were you starting from the beginning each time and redoing all the puzzles again?

Blimey. VLR is a damn long game as it is; I don't want to think how long it'd be if you had to go all 999 and restart it each time...

Chris R

Wait, were you starting from the beginning each time and redoing all the puzzles again?

Blimey. VLR is a damn long game as it is; I don't want to think how long it'd be if you had to go all 999 and restart it each time...

I wasn't redoing puzzles, just entering in the codes to unlock the safe, but still, jumping is much faster than making sure my Vita doesn't go into sleep mode while skip mode is engaged.

KiraFA37

Shift the letters one place further in the alphabet to get the secret message.
Got it from the official Q&A. I recommend you read it once you finish the game http://virtueslastreward.com/qahome/, and TV-tropes. Apparently Dio
hid the bombs in his hat,
crazy how
light anti-matter bombs are.

Just pulled out my watch/bracelet today. For some reason, it had stopped working, but a quick remove and put back in of the battery fixed it! ^_^

I forgot how awesome it felt to wear this! It's just a shame that the buttons on mine don't always work... My guess is that the metal contacts inside are deformed a little.

But bah! Who cares? It looks freaking amazing! Hopefully there's a similar type of bonus for ZE3!

My god this game is psychic...
"Not even Jupiter can find a lost opportunity" I chose Betray the first time...wonder what the dialog'd be if I started with Ally...

You seem really surprised that the game would 'predict' your choices. When you're only given 2 options on a choice it's pretty easy for the writer to be like "I'll write this if they pick A, and that if they pick B". Not really psychic.

As for what you're wondering,
She gets mad at you even if you pick Ally the first time, at first I was like "What are you talking about" but then I checked out the other path and was like oh. So she's not really being predictive, it just forces that reaction on you regardless and then goes "To be continued...".

Also, I got the
true ending
today! This game's story wow'd me more than mostly any other I've played.

Chris R

Just finished the game today, kinda bummed at where it ended but I guess they needed something to setup the next game in the series. Now to read this thread and the spoiler thread to see if I missed anything.

Cornbread78

random question, can I jump around on the flow chart to specific parts in the game to redo decisions to go about the different paths, instead of always going down the whole path from A-Z? I can still get all the trophies that way, correct?

Omikaru

i still haven't played it and now that i have time again i can't find it anywhere. :( (EU)

If you're on 3DS, it recently got a permanent reduction on the eShop.

If you're on Vita, consider importing from America (VG+ or Play-Asia should still have stock) since it's region free. The US version has both English and Japanese dubs, instead of just the Japanese dubs with English subs. And I highly recommend the English dub.

Cornbread78

One other question.

If I wanted to skip the puzzles. can I just enter the codes into the safes and still get the true ending and trophies, or do I have to complete everything at least once?

Shantom

One other question.

If I wanted to skip the puzzles. can I just enter the codes into the safes and still get the true ending and trophies, or do I have to complete everything at least once?

The safe codes are randomly generated for each person's game, so you can't just look them up on the internet.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just got this on PSP Vita through PS+. Still have to play through 999 anyway, so I won't be touching the game for a good while, but was wondering how the 3DS version compares.

I kind of like the possible idea of the 2D art being presented in 3D, and the dual screen functionality(if any), plus having both games on a single console. Any differences to be aware of?

Wichu

Just got this on PSP Vita through PS+. Still have to play through 999 anyway, so I won't be touching the game for a good while, but was wondering how the 3DS version compares.

I kind of like the possible idea of the 2D art being presented in 3D, and the dual screen functionality(if any), plus having both games on a single console. Any differences to be aware of?

The 3DS version has a game-breaking save bug, but that can apparently be worked around.
The 3D is... odd. For some reason, the characters are completely flat despite actually being 3D models (maybe to emulate the sprites in 999?).
The second screen is only used for taking notes (and having puzzle clues visible on one screen while solving on the other); there's no difference between the two versions. The 3DS's resistive touch screen does make taking notes significantly easier, though.
The Vita version has amazing image quality thanks to being at native res with anti-aliasing. The 3DS version is similar but worse due to its smaller native res; also, the 3DS version's framerate is sometimes worse IIRC.

Overall, I would go for the Vita version.

I heard the saves can get corrupted outside of the PEC room? Is this true?
From what I've heard, it's rare. But there have been cases of the save glitch appearing in other puzzle rooms.

My advice would be to only save during the novel sections. It's always incredibly obvious when you're going to enter a puzzle room, so just save then. Don't worry about saving during a puzzle. If you really have to go, just close the system or end the game. Very rarely are the puzzles ones that you can't easily remember the solutions too. (Except the damned
Dice
ones. They can take a while...)

Kurtofan

Uh so apparently you get another ending for
completing all the escape rooms on Hard

Is it worth it? I've done most rooms on easy and the puzzle are my least favorite part of the game :p

Lusankya

wait a minute, there is english voice acting for this game?

On the US version, yes. In Europe Rising Star Games didn't want to take the risk and only bought the license for one voice track. They asked their fanbase and most of them wanted the Japanese language option.

On the US version, yes. In Europe Rising Star Games didn't want to take the risk and only bought the license for one voice track. They asked their fanbase and most of them wanted the Japanese language option.

ah, i doubt i would have switched anyway. 20h in and i would have missed the bunnies incredible VA.

I wish the EU version had English voice acting too :(

eh. the japanese one is awesome and none of the clips of the english one convince me that much.

the game so far is awesome, the only thing i really hate is the stuttering on the 3DS version and the dot that walks through the map and then he stops everytime at a door and waits till it upons. ugh, just skip to the room you wanted to go. A personal critic is that many puzzles are color based, which are unsolvable for a color blind person. i had to look up the solutions many times.

haven't seen any ending yet on those are some of my "theories"

- K is either a robot or a clone of someone, us interacting with him as a human is him passing the turing test. K can be controlled by zero since he's a robot.
- The game is not, as they believe a couple of days later, it's a couple of years later and they all were frozen for a long period of time (they all refer to sigma as "old" looking and he thinks he's 22, you also never see his face. Why only he aged? i dunno.
- the killed lady was a participant of the game, somebody else is not
- the game is some kind of schrödingers cat shit, were humanity is both extinct or not unless somebody opens the door and confirms it. (They were killed by that Virus thingy)
- I hope the kid dies, that is no theory, it's just something i want. Fuck the kid.

mostly based on nothing tho.

I'm writing this down so you can all snicker at the shit I'm not getting.

Sorian

Banned
eh. the japanese one is awesome and none of the clips of the english one convince me that much.

the game so far is awesome, the only thing i really hate is the stuttering on the 3DS version and the dot that walks through the map and then he stops everytime at a door and waits till it upons. ugh, just skip to the room you wanted to go. A personal critic is that many puzzles are color based, which are unsolvable for a color blind person. i had to look up the solutions many times.

haven't seen any ending yet on those are some of my "theories"

- K is either a robot or a clone of someone, us interacting with him as a human is him passing the turing test. K can be controlled by zero since he's a robot.
- The game is not, as they believe a couple of days later, it's a couple of years later and they all were frozen for a long period of time (they all refer to sigma as "old" looking and he thinks he's 22, you also never see his face. Why only he aged? i dunno.
- the killed lady was a participant of the game, somebody else is not
- the game is some kind of schrödingers cat shit, were humanity is both extinct or not unless somebody opens the door and confirms it. (They were killed by that Virus thingy)
- I hope the kid dies, that is no theory, it's just something i want. Fuck the kid.

mostly based on nothing tho.

I'm writing this down so you can all snicker at the shit I'm not getting.

*snicker* *snicker* I won't really say much else because I don't want to, in any way, confirm or deny your suspicions, theories, and guesses but I am glad you posted this because it is always fun having a tangible thing to look back at after you finish a game like this.

Edit: Also, both english and japanese VAs were phenomenal for this game.

Lusankya

erm i have all archive files but the secret thingy didn't trigger. can i just youtube that ending?

You have to beat all rooms on hard to get that ending. The 3DS version has a bug where it defaults the difficulty of the first room (elevator) to easy, so you may check this room again.

You have to beat all rooms on hard to get that ending. The 3DS version has a bug where it defaults the difficulty of the first room (elevator) to easy, so you may check this room again.

nah, i triple and quadruple checked everything. you won't get all the archive files if you play on easy won't you?

I fell in love with the English version of Zero Jr. That voice has great on so many levels.

Also, I had no clue there was a secrect ending. I was anal about getting the files when I played so it just was part of the story for me. It makes more sense now b/c of the flow of the naritive changing so hard.

GSR

So, has Uchikoshi mentioned volume 3 at all again lately? This was about the time of year we got first info on VLR in Famitsu, and I'm wondering if Chunsoft's going to try and hit TGS again.

Top Bottom