• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I got stopped in the Director's Room when I couldn't figure out the ID + password for the computer.

I'm still thinking that
Luna is a robot and not dead.
Also, the big plot twist at the end surely has to do with
the flow of time.

I

LOL, I had the exact same problem!

Depending on which endings you got you should have them already

Gambit61

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I got stopped in the Director's Room when I couldn't figure out the ID + password for the computer.

I'm still thinking that
Luna is a robot and not dead.
Also, the big plot twist at the end surely has to do with
the flow of time.

LOL, I had the exact same problem!

Glad it's just not me. I had to put the game down for the night after I finished the puzzle because I couldn't take any more lol.

Why are the 'cutscenes' so bad looking even on 3ds?

Like the pretended stuff you saw on early psx lol. Those stills aren't even 3d (lead platform my ass)

And something is up with how they compressed there videos.

And did the game really go battle star galactica on me?

God damn. Shit is getting fuck.

Also why are dudes named Dio in all fiction dicks?

Jintor

you-have-chosen-poorly.jpg

I have no character endings yet. I've unlocked one lock
(I made another copy of the cure for Radical 6).

I've gotten about 5 'To Be Continued' and about 5 'Game Over' screens. I need some character endings!

No endings means you need o keep playing to get past the locks.

There are 2 endings with no locks on them.

Videoneon

Why are the 'cutscenes' so bad looking even on 3ds?

Like the pretended stuff you saw on early psx lol. Those stills aren't even 3d (lead platform my ass)

And something is up with how they compressed there videos.

Yeah I have to agree on that one. There were all pretty short too, never really adding too much anyway.

Just got my US-Version for the Vita, feels a bit clunkier compared to the Stylus-controls of the predecessor, but I'll manage. What's up with the missing manual though? That's really cheap, Aksys...

Jintor

Just got my US-Version for the Vita, feels a bit clunkier compared to the Stylus-controls of the predecessor, but I'll manage. What's up with the missing manual though? That's really cheap, Aksys...

Vita games all have digital manuals, check the icons above the activation thingy.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
bah I've been stuck in the archives for an hour. x:
i got the inked paper, weight, and dice but i don't have enough information to do the lock or dice puzzle. x:

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
bah I've been stuck in the archives for an hour. x:
i got the inked paper, weight, and dice but i don't have enough information to do the lock or dice puzzle. x:

I'm pretty sure you can get the lock from what you have.

Weigh the dice!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I did and all i got from it was
the red is 50mg and the green one weighs more than the blue but less than the red.
Maybe I'm tired and not seeing it. D:

Jintor

Just as a general comment, typos aside the writing for VLR is a lot less awkward than it could be occasionally in 999; the prose is a lot better. I remember the prologue/everything up to the first set of doors in 999 could really be a struggle to get through at times, and there were always these awkward things like "He looked at her for 1.5 seconds" or something like that that always stood out for me. Nothing like that at all in VLR; the whole damn thing just flows. Glory be.

Lusankya

Some informations froms Rising Star Games' Facebook account (concerning the EU version, copy and paste from another user):

1. We advise people pre-order from amazon as soon as possible to get the game on release as we are getting a really good reception for Virtue's Last Reward and they are selling quick. Of course there will be more sent to amazon if they sell out and this should fill orders before Christmas comes around.
2. Yes, the eshop version will be out shortly after the retail product. [This is new. Didn't know about an eShop release in Europe].
3. As far as I'm aware, the delay was due to production and distribution arrangements. [About the delay in some countries and the 1 week delay in UK/France]
4. This bug has been acknowledged and we are looking into these issues and what we can do for the community. [Bug with the text in some secret files]
-Samuel

The PS Vita demo is live and ready to go right now. Unfortunately the 3DS demo has been a little delayed and is expected around the launch of the game.
-Samuel

About the demo and the game-breaking save bug :

Hey Andrew,
If all approvals and such go smoothly you should be seeing the 3DS demo and eshop version of Virtue's Last Reward in Australia around the same time as European store. As for the bug, we have been in contact with the developer and they are looking into the situation.
-Samuel

Wonder if that means a patch will be released. Unfortunately, it certainly looks like it won't be before the European release.

About a possible release of English voices as DLC :

You're welcome! A DLC has not yet been discussed for Virtue's Last Reward. At the moment we are just focused on seeing the release through smoothly. We would have to consider it at a much later date :) Thanks for your feedback

Oh God....they’re all
on Mars aren’t they?
(don’t answer that LOL) I had predicted
the moon ages ago.
Also,
that welded door in the PEC room is suspicious, a bomb could maybe blow that away.

It being located in the pressure chamber only makes things more suspicious as it will lower the impact of the blast.
And oh look -
6 suits in the lockers, all waiting to be used.
Hmmmmmmmmm.

Can someone explain
that whole radio conversation and Tenmyouji's explanation of it?
I'm so lost. He mentioned something about
the Nevada site? Was he talking about what happened in 999?

Welp...
Dio's Ending was pretty awesome. Kinda suckish with that semi-cliffhanger and all, but I'll live... What the hell is going on though? There's some way to jump across timelines? And it's apparently exclusive to Sigma and Phi?

Well, that kinda explains the flowchart. It also seems a bit unreliable for obtaining information, since Phi says she might not remember everything, but the game makes a pretty big deal that Sigma is a pro at memorizing things (Safe passwords, different timeline events for story locks, not to mention the memo/brain memory feature!)

I'm liking how everything is sort of fitting together, but the more questions are answered, the more come up. Just who exactly is Phi? And where is this place? Post-apocalyptic Earth? Or something else? Is that the 2028 Lunar Eclipse or one after it? I ask because how would Tenmyouji and Old Lady Akane be there? From some research, the 2028 eclipse is viewable in East Asia... That is pretty strange considering most of the players are seemingly from the US.

Ugh... Oh well. I still have 5 character endings left until I'm done. I'm sure all of my questions will be answered. (Only to bring up new ones!) >.<

Ice Mage

Neo Member
Some informations froms Rising Star Games' Facebook account (concerning the EU version, copy and paste from another user)[...]

Thanks, this is all very interesting. eShop version, though? That's rather surprising, as far as I can remember, the Japanese version didn't even release on the Japanese eShop, so this would be quite ... astounding 0_o
I wonder if they're just talking about the PSN version and are, for whatever reason, using the terms PSN and eShop interchangeably... D:

How nice that they're seemingly getting a 3DS demo ready... hope it actually happens, this game needs all the exposure it can get.

Just got my first proper ending (Dio). This game is game has such a vice grip on me. While i agree that the pacing is definitely not as good as 999's (due to how the game is structured this time around), and that they got rid of one of my favorite parts of 999 (Dialogue sequences in the middle of puzzles) The story is still engrossing as all hell as well as streamlining a lot of things. It really looks like its going to be my GOTY at this rate despite so many good games this year overall (also helps that i finally got 999 and perfect ending'ed it right before jumping into VLR)

Torraz

17ish hours in.

1 scene where I could continue had I more information
1 to be continued
1 game over

This game rocks!

Based upon the spoilers below (detailing the three routes I have taken to far) does anyone have a suggestion how to proceed in order to maximize the fun?

I have gone through one path each, starting at the very begining, one left, one middle and one right. The very most left one, a middle one where sigma gets stabbed by the needle but its to be continued and on the right where sigma also gets stabbed but its game over. If its important, I always chose 'Ally'.

How do I best proceed? Same paths, but betray, entirely new paths, or something different altoghether?

The OST of this game is so fucking good. I love this kind of music, it keeps you on edge. Great for programming :p

I agree, the atmospheric, creepy and suspense part of the OST is fantastic. I hope the action sequences OST (and when reveals are finally made) is better than in 999 though, because I thought that part was really weak.

Venfayth

I agree, the atmospheric, creepy and suspense part of the OST is fantastic. I hope the action sequences OST (and when reveals are finally made) is better than in 999 though, because I thought that part was really weak.

There are several endgame songs that are phenomenal.

Leeness

I'm getting withdrawal depression after finishing the game... Haha.

I miss playing it! Zero Escape 3 is out tomorrow, right? :(

Lotto

Only 3 hours in and I'm beginning to appreciate the english va a lot more than I thought I would. That feeling of starting a new visual novel/text-heavy puzzle adventure is great, loving the setup and the new (and familiar) faces of the game.

Quick question, a friend of mine wants to play the game without va. Is there an option somewhere that I'm missing or is it just not possible?

sooo my mind is fucking blown after what happen last night.

Late game spoilers
TWO SIGMAS?!?!??! WTF. I picked up sigma was "old" from tidbits from phi and etc but I didn't expect 2 fucking sigmas

Also need help

I just finished talking to Akane and she mention something to kyle about going somewhere in the past but I don't see anything on the flow chart. I got the "End or Beginning" but I don't know where to go from there.

Venfayth

sooo my mind is fucking blown after what happen last night.

Late game spoilers
TWO SIGMAS?!?!??! WTF. I picked up sigma was "old" from tidbits from phi and etc but I didn't expect 2 fucking sigmas

Also need help

I just finished talking to Akane and she mention something to kyle about going somewhere in the past but I don't see anything on the flow chart. I got the "End or Beginning" but I don't know where to go from there.

There are two "bonus" segments that aren't attached to the main flow chart. There's one at the very top. There's one in the very bottom right called "Another Time". If you've seen both of these, you're done. Get ready for Zero Escape 3!

There are two "bonus" segments that aren't attached to the main flow chart. There's one at the very top. There's one in the very bottom right called "Another Time". If you've seen both of these, you're done. Get ready for Zero Escape 3!

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT
WAIT THATS IT?!?! IM DONE!? Yeah I saw the another time one where Akane speaks to you and I saw the one at the bottom where you are kyle talking to phi and akane...

I am completely stuck in the
garden
. I know there are supposed to be
nine stars that I have to order, but no matter where I walk I've only found 5 of them.
Can someone help?

Top Bottom