• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I have a question regarding "to be continued"

mild spoiler version
I have received 2 to be continueds. Once the piece, on the flow chart, turned into a lock. However the other time it retained its VN icon. Does this mean that I simply failed a/the puzzle in the case of the symbol where no lock appeared after a "to be continued"?

more spoilers version of same question
To be exact, this happened to me in the left-most path when Phi and Sigma are in the director's office and have to input a user ID and passcode into the PC. After giving up I got a "to be continued", but the events icon did not change to a lock, like happened after another "to be continued".

It's technically not a lock because you can do it immediately if you know the password, but it's likely you don't have the password yet. It will be REALLY obvious when you have the password.

Ridley327

mild spoiler version
I have received 2 to be continueds. Once the piece, on the flow chart, turned into a lock. However the other time it retained its VN icon. Does this mean that I simply failed a/the puzzle in the case of the symbol where no lock appeared after a "to be continued"?

To be exact, this happened to me in the left-most path when Phi and Sigma are in the director's office and have to input a user ID and passcode into the PC. After giving up I got a "to be continued", but the events icon did not change to a lock, like happened after another "to be continued".

Technically, it's possible to piece the username together on your own, but there's a point in the game where they straight-up give it to you, so don't worry about it for now.

Absol

Alright, I'm stuck, and I need some endgame help: (MAJOR ENDGAME SPOILERS)

I just finished the Another Time novel section where Kyle talks to Akane. Do I need all the gold files to access 2028 and get the very end, or did I miss something?

Nope. That's the end. Now join us on the long painful wait for the next game.

Torraz

Technically, it's possible to piece the username together on your own, but there's a point in the game where they straight-up give it to you, so don't worry about it for now.

It's technically not a lock because you can do it immediately if you know the password, but it's likely you don't have the password yet. It will be REALLY obvious when you have the password.

Thanks!

At around 12 hours now. I've gone pretty deep into one left and one mid route. Guess I should try going right this time.

Javier

My copy arrives on Wednesday.

I plan on posting my reactions to each and every ending.

I wonder how much fuck will there be in my mind when I'm done with this.

Venfayth

mild spoiler version

Semi agree. It is almost like the routes I have seen so far suffer from "trilogy" syndrom where the midpart is a bit boring but the beginning and ending are really exciting.

A "Lock" requires you to see a different part of the storyline. If a storyline requires a password to proceed, that's all you need to go on. That's not saying much about where you get the passwords though :p The password you need in the director's room is gotten in a different timeline.

Jintor

KINDA EASY WHEN YOU REUSE MOST TRACKS FROM THE ORIGINAL GAME HURDURR

image.php

Jintor

oh god, giantbomb are probably gonna do a QL for this.

Can't think of a less QLable game I've played this year lol.

It's the most depressing thing possible. I can only hope Patrick has played enough to be like "Well, this is an end-heavy game. Like, crazily so."

Or they'll find the text/characters amusing enough.

They're going to harp on about how Alice is only wearing a necklace and jacket...

Venfayth

・Sound chief orders BGM/SE (background music and sound effects)→BGM/SE arrives→I say no→Another round of BGM/SE→I say no again →Even more BGM/SE comes in→The music is so beautiful you cry like a baby →OK!
KINDA EASY WHEN YOU REUSE MOST TRACKS FROM THE ORIGINAL GAME HURDURR

They didnt reuse MOST. Just some :)

Beautiful OST

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0C21BDB2AD060B72

Don't save in escape rooms.

first dont save in that room.

second follow a faq for that room. i have heard that only examining puzzle realted things will not make it crash and it worked.

Thanks guys. I'll be sure not to save in any escape rooms. I'm glad it didn't kill my save entirely, but 2 hours of play is down the drain :( At least I know how to complete most of the room now. I'll try and avoid clicking anything that isn't puzzle-related, :lol

Are there any spoiler free guides but with explanations for puzzles (not just step by step).

I don't mind using guides, but I won't be able to sleep at night if I cheat my way through a puzzle without knowing how it worked :X

So I got burned by the save corruption bug. Lost about 4 hours. I really don't feel like playing all the way up to where I was again unless there is some way to skip the novel sections. Gaaah...will probably just sell it.

Lusankya

Hylian7

If you're sure you did everything on hard, there should be a new path down in the VERY BOTTOM RIGHT area. You'll be speaking with a Young Akane

Yeah...I just double checked, I did in fact have everything completed on hard, did I miss something somehow? I don't see anything about what you mentioned, other than that one thing.
The one in 2029 with 22-year old Akane

Venfayth

Yeah...I just double checked, I did in fact have everything completed on hard, did I miss something somehow? I don't see anything about what you mentioned, other than that one thing.
The one in 2029 with 22-year old Akane

No, that's what I'm talking about. You are done after that one.

Ready for ZE3?

edit: Also, come join us in the spoiler thread!

Hylian7

No, that's what I'm talking about. You are done after that one.

Ready for ZE3?

edit: Also, come join us in the spoiler thread!

But that was at the top of the timeline, you said the very bottom right. The most recent thing I had unlocked was at the bottom right with OLD Akane, not young Akane.

Venfayth

But that was at the top of the timeline, you said the very bottom right. The most recent thing I had unlocked was at the bottom right with OLD Akane, not young Akane.

I might have been mistaken. Seeing Young Akane is the sequentially the last thing that happens.

edit: Er, no, I'm fucking wrong. Fuck. The last thing you see, is on the flowchart in the bottom right, it's called "Another Time"

Jintor

Are there any spoiler free guides but with explanations for puzzles (not just step by step).

I don't mind using guides, but I won't be able to sleep at night if I cheat my way through a puzzle without knowing how it worked :X

ask your questions. the oracle will answer

Hylian7

I might have been mistaken. Seeing Young Akane is the sequentially the last thing that happens.

edit: Er, no, I'm fucking wrong. Fuck. The last thing you see, is on the flowchart in the bottom right, it's called "Another Time"

Well fuck, TO THE SPOILER THREAD!

I-uh.... Just got K's ending. That's 3 down, 6 more to go. And I'm slowly dying with every new ending I get.

SPOILERS (and theories) AHEAD!

Okay... What the actual f*** is going on here? K is... Sigma? or a clone of Sigma? There's no doubt that K's "mother" is Akane. It makes too much sense between what K said about her and how Tenmyouji talks about her.

But then... Who is K's, or should I say Sigma's father? My best guess is Zero Sr. and Zero Sr could possibly be Santa or Snake. Santa makes a tad bit more sense, given his relation to Akane, but Snake just seems likely due to Zero Sr.'s overall sense of style and that Eye... thing.

And then there's the whole facility. It's Zero Sr.'s Workshop, sure, but what was this "project" he was working on that was so horrific? The Nonary Game? It makes sense given that Akane had to die for it to happen, but then what? Why exactly did she need to die? Is she a carrier of Radical-6? Is that what Alice had? Did Luna die trying to stop her?

And then there's Dio. Yeah he killed Akane, but what's his part in all of this? Why did he voluntarily enter the Nonary Game? He has some serect promise, but to who? Zero Sr.? K had a promise to Zero Sr. too, right? That he would tell Sigma that code...

And then how does all this info travel across timelines? Morphogenetic fields? Or something greater? How far in the future are we? It's obviously not 2028, and it's more likely 2068, or something like that. What's the significance of the Lunar Eclipse, how the moon turns red, and lions eating suns? Who the hell is Phi, and is she accessing the Morphic fields all the time? Is that how she knew Sigma's name and all the other stuff like how you die when you lose all your BP?

tl;dr I've been severely mind-f***ed by this game so far, and I still have so much left to experience. So much of my head hurts... It's sad that I have to stop playing and leave Another path for tomorrow. (Probably gonna do
Luna's
path next, At least, I'm pretty sure that's the one... Looking forward to even further connections... )

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I-uh.... Just got K's ending. That's 3 down, 6 more to go. And I'm slowly dying with every new ending I get.

SPOILERS (and theories) AHEAD!

Okay... What the actual f*** is going on here? K is... Sigma? or a clone of Sigma? There's no doubt that K's "mother" is Akane. It makes too much sense between what K said about her and how Tenmyouji talks about her.

But then... Who is K's, or should I say Sigma's father? My best guess is Zero Sr. and Zero Sr could possibly be Santa or Snake. Santa makes a tad bit more sense, given his relation to Akane, but Snake just seems likely due to Zero Sr.'s overall sense of style and that Eye... thing.

And then there's the whole facility. It's Zero Sr.'s Workshop, sure, but what was this "project" he was working on that was so horrific? The Nonary Game? It makes sense given that Akane had to die for it to happen, but then what? Why exactly did she need to die? Is she a carrier of Radical-6? Is that what Alice had? Did Luna die trying to stop her?

And then there's Dio. Yeah he killed Akane, but what's his part in all of this? Why did he voluntarily enter the Nonary Game? He has some serect promise, but to who? Zero Sr.? K had a promise to Zero Sr. too, right? That he would tell Sigma that code...

And then how does all this info travel across timelines? Morphogenetic fields? Or something greater? How far in the future are we? It's obviously not 2028, and it's more likely 2068, or something like that. What's the significance of the Lunar Eclipse, how the moon turns red, and lions eating suns? Who the hell is Phi, and is she accessing the Morphic fields all the time? Is that how she knew Sigma's name and all the other stuff like how you die when you lose all your BP?

tl;dr I've been severely mind-f***ed by this game so far, and I still have so much left to experience. So much of my head hurts... It's sad that I have to stop playing and leave Another path for tomorrow. (Probably gonna do
Luna's
path next, At least, I'm pretty sure that's the one... Looking forward to even further connections... )

I love reading these kinds of posts, because I can see where you're heading in the right direction, and where you're way off the mark.

HINT: Your post is a bit of both.

Jintor

I wish I had written up my speculation here as I went just to go back and see how wrong/right I was. I'll be sure to do it for ZE3.

Actually, I'm torn between
Dio's
ending and
Luna's
Ending... Which would be better to get first? (I'm hearing pretty good things about
Luna's
ending.)

wow that puzzle was retarded

Panty room one.

I mean the whole
sorting the meal nutrient balance thing

How the fuck do this without using a sheet of paper. my memo ain't big enough for that :/

going back and forth between 2 archive pages is super frustrating :(

UberTag

Actually, I'm torn between
Dio's
ending and
Luna's
Ending... Which would be better to get first? (I'm hearing pretty good things about
Luna's
ending.)
You should pretty much leave
Luna's
ending for 2nd to last. Get Dio's out of the way now.
(Not spoilering that one because it's invariably one of the first people wind up with - either it or Clover's.)

That fucking SPOILER thread, I have almost clicked on it so many times thinking it's this one.
Thread subscriptions are your friend.
Subscribe to this thread and you'll never have that problem again until you're done.

Jintor

wow that puzzle was retarded

Panty room one.

I mean the whole
sorting the meal nutrient balance thing

How the fuck do this without using a sheet of paper. my memo ain't big enough for that :/

going back and forth between 2 archive pages is super frustrating :(

I cheated. But I also use paper for all the puzzles, fuck writing on the Vita's screen.

Dio's ending doesn't have any locks and Luna's has a pretty major one (though not explicitly identified on the Flow screen), so Dio's is the place to be.

kinda wish i cheated on that :X

i cheated on the stupid block sliding ice puzzle.

that's my archille's heel in all games since early pokemon games lol.

You should pretty much leave
Luna's
ending for 2nd to last. Get Dio's out of the way now.
(Not spoilering that one because it's invariably one of the first people wind up with - either it or Clover's.)
Dio's ending doesn't have any locks and Luna's has a pretty major one (though not explicitly identified on the Flow screen), so Dio's is the place to be.

Okay, so I'll do Dio's, and then
move on to the Left Paths and see how far I can get there... Luna's seems pretty exciting, especially after seeing Tenmyouji, Clover and K's endings. I wonder what's up with her...

Wow. So yeah.

My mind is fried.

I just finished the game, and still have to process all of my thoughts.

I cannot overstate the amount of fucks currently residing within my mind.

Next game now, please.

Kaizer

Banned
Good lawd just got Dio's Ending. Felt like I was watching a season finale of Lost lol. So far I've got Dio's, K's, Tenmyouji's and Clover's endings. Now I'm going back to
Alice with the long string of numbers and getting Dio to confess to being a Myrmidon. I'm not sure if I should've been able to enter an ID and Password for the Computer in the Director's Office yet. I guess I still have more to figure out.

Game has been consistently blowing my mind so far, tied with The Walking Dead for my favorite gaming experience this year. I truly have no clue what's coming next.

thetrin

Good lawd just got Dio's Ending. Felt like I was watching a season finale of Lost lol. So far I've got Dio's, K's, Tenmyouji's and Clover's endings. Now I'm going back to
Alice with the long string of numbers and getting Dio to confess to being a Myrmidon. I'm not sure if I should've been able to enter an ID and Password for the Computer in the Director's Office yet. I guess I still have more to figure out.

Game has been consistently blowing my mind so far, tied with The Walking Dead for my favorite gaming experience this year. I truly have no clue what's coming next.

Get ready for the spiral.

Wow. So yeah.

My mind is fried.

I just finished the game, and still have to process all of my thoughts.

I cannot overstate the amount of fucks currently residing within my mind.

Next game now, please.

Welcome to Mind Fuck Town.

Gambit61

I swear fighting the touch controls is making some puzzles harder than they should be. The stupid voltage puzzle kept confusing me because I would press one square block but then the squares around it would end up moving. Trying to configure the path correctly was annoying the hell out of me. >_<

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I got stopped in the Director's Room when I couldn't figure out the ID + password for the computer.

I'm still thinking that
Luna is a robot and not dead.
Also, the big plot twist at the end surely has to do with
the flow of time.

I swear fighting the touch controls is making some puzzles harder than they should be. The stupid voltage puzzle kept confusing me because I would press one square block but then the squares around it would end up moving. Trying to configure the path correctly was annoying the hell out of me. >_<

LOL, I had the exact same problem!

Top Bottom