• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zoe Quinn #meToo / Alec Holowka suicide -- Update: Article questions ZQ's account of events (link in OP)

Did I somehow step into literal hell?! Zoe Quinn caused the suicide of Alec Holowka and is awarded for it by being allowed to make Batman-comic books? Wtf

Had to tweet about it, maybe retweet it for greater exposure. There's silencing an act, and then there's awarding it. I'm gonna go vomit ...

The comic industry much like Hollywood or gaming is full of self hating apologists that love people like Zoe Quinn. I'm not surprised in the slightest.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I have a formal response to Jaffe's statements and it's a little long-winded, so in order to avoid cluttering the forum I've put it in this spoiler.
source.gif

GAF's not gonna watch your livestream, old man.
buttfinger.png

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
David Jaffe is working on an idea for a horror themed video game right? Let me help out, David. Let’s spitball some ideas:

- There’s a hideous monster that has a knack for lying.
- Another power this creature has is that simpletons believe their lies.
- This grotesque abomination accuses someone one day of heinous acts and posts it to a public forum.
- Despite the monster providing zero evidence, the accused is bashed by the public and loses everything.
- The accused person then kills themself.

Whaddaya reckon Jaffy? We got a winner here or what?

I reckon we can sell some DLC after it comes out. How ‘bout for DLC pack 1 we can have some hot takes from has-beens in an entertainment industry?

Let’s touch base.

Right on EvilLore! His tweets make no sense honestly. So let me get this straight........she has the right to air out her accusations publicly but we are not allowed to discuss the events as they unfold? Why should we be silenced and not her? Furthermore, The Post Millennial was the publication that actually did the investigating work not NeoGaf. How as a society are we supposed to progress with issues if we can not discuss them even in a civil matter? Everyone seems to be protecting her and other opinions are to not be allowed? Thats called an echo chamber and confirmation bias. It appears David had learned nothing from the events in the past couple of weeks.

Last edited:

gspat

petran79

Banned
It's most likely she signed the contract before she made her allegations against Alec.

So really, she's just being rewarded for her terrible professional track record, than her poisonous social track record.

They fear that the backlash of her crazy fans and supporters will be even worse if they stop the contract

Unfortunately the ones that scream and shout the most are given attention at the expense of the modest ones

Hey David Jaffe! You are more than welcome to come and debate on this forum, after all, that is what a discussion board is for. We are certainly not above criticism but neither are you. Honestly, Im disappointed that you don't see the irony in posting this on Twitter. Zoe has every right to give her side of the story but so did Alec. Unfortunately for him, people were too concerned to silence his voice in a knee jerk reaction and on top of that his so called "friend" had to throw more dirt on him even before he was in the ground.

And still no game from the $85K scammed out of a Kickstarter.

It seems being an SJW NPC has its merits. Where else can you continuously get rewarded for failure?

- There’s a hideous monster that has a knack for lying.
- Another power this creature has is that simpletons believe their lies.
- This grotesque abomination accuses someone one day of heinous acts and posts it to a public forum.
- Despite the monster providing zero evidence, the accused is bashed by the public and loses everything.
- The accused person then kills themself.

source.gif

Last edited:

ILLtown

Zoe Quinn being associated with something called "Infected: Deathbringer" seems eerily appropriate.

EvilLore on Twitter said:
Alec Holowka was driven to suicide, and few seem to care. Journalists almost universally headlined his suicide as "passed away," as if by chance.

There's also something missing from several of the articles written about his suicide, including on IGN and Eurogamer: Zoe Quinn's name. I wonder why that is.....

Xenon

]

Wonder what happened to him.... :pie_thinking:

b4fF0Vq.jpg

I don't think he's a completely different person. He did reply when the news broke cautioning people to not form I hate mob over it.

The problem is I think he's completely unaware about how well he's been trained by outrage culture from the left. The dispassionate plea and the multiple qualifying statements here just show how calculated and concerned his post was. Whereas the post about neogaf he was free to express his opinion and let more of his personality through. The difference is pretty jarring as is the fact that he is oblivious of it all. It's like they keep ringing the bell and he's standing in a pool of saliva saying "what?"

I tuned in for his stream earlier where he talked about Zoe Quinn and NeoGAF. He had some nice words to say about this place and some concerns about "the anti-SJW mob" (he says he hates both groups), but what struck me most was how hesitant he was to get into the nitty-gritty of the situation. At least, that was my impression. The dude was visibly reluctant to talk about the subject and to say anything definitive. He reiterated his self-contradicting standpoint made in the tweets posted in this thread, and that was about it. Almost every statement was bookended by "maybe it's a generational thing..." and "I'm not saying...". For someone who gained notoriety for speaking his mind openly, it was chilling to see, like watching a comedian hold back from telling a joke that might offend someone.

GAF wasn't trying to stir a mob against Quinn or to shame victims and anyone can spend an afternoon reading this thread to prove it. In fact, I would go as far to say that GAF was rather divided on the topic, but I would also say that Zoe Quinn's accusations are just one more event in a long string of anti-consumer behaviors from videogame journos and socialites. The story isn't interesting because of Zoe Quinn alone. Suffice it to say she would be a nobody without her mob of supporters. The story is interesting because of the media response (or lack thereof). Last week "gaming's #metoo movement" kicked off with a string of accusations and look where we are now. If the media was confident in how they handled this, one would think they would be chasing after the other accusations with as much fervor and righteous indignation as they had a week ago.

To me, the fact that they've all backed off such a monumental topic (in their view) is a ringer for their guilty consciences.

tkscz

Also she now has a batman/superman spin-off, this world is fucked.

It's fucked but she has a contract, her original book didn't sale what so ever, and DC cann'd the Vertigo line she was under. They have to give her something until the contract is up, plus she's played nice under the rules they set. She's kept DC's name off her twitter (something DC will fire you for) and none of the other writers deal with her so they don't complain.

I don't see DC keeping her when her contract is up, she doesn't sale books or bring in new readers (and chases away old ones), and with WB about the cut the comics if DC doesn't start selling better, well, you can see where I'm headed with that.

Did I somehow step into literal hell?! Zoe Quinn caused the suicide of Alec Holowka and is awarded for it by being allowed to make Batman-comic books? Wtf

Had to tweet about it, maybe retweet it for greater exposure. There's silencing an act, and then there's awarding it. I'm gonna go vomit ...

Maybe a letter writing campaign to DC saying you won't support them if they go forward?

Do whatever you like, and although I disagree I have no problem with people who choose to call out a company. I'm not asking you to change your mind or retract anything.

But I do not think this is the way forward. Let her product fail all on its own. Don't give narcissists any excuse to play the victim. See everyone? I put my female-empowering comic out there and the incels worked very hard to cancel me. That is why it sold so poorly. This excuse has been used quite a few times in entertainment (not just videogames) and it works very well because... well... the "victim" can point to an actual outrage-mob that rallied against their precious product.

What a minute.

There is no mob. There is no coordinated effort here on GAF in any way shape or form. We have a discussion thread... that is it.

GAF is doing nothing and I am sure 99% of its posters and staff ( EviLore EviLore included) would condemn any harassment or group action beyond discussion in this discussion thread.

There isn't any GAF mob. There is a discussion thread on the topic.

And if anyone knows about members organizing internet mob actions, definitely show that evidence to the staff

giphy.gif

Last edited:

sirpikaz

Neo Member
TIL that I knew her when she was in high school. She looked so damn familiar I Googled and found her real name and origin. Yup, friends with my ex, played DDR with her at the mall, she had an older abusive boyfriend. That's about all I remember, really nothing to contribute, but it blows my mind that I've read all this and turns out I knew her.

MayauMiao

Batman Bathuman will have a unicorn with rainbow colored tail as his main transportation, and Superman Superhuman will be a non-binary alien undocumented being with 1000 genders so he won't offend Twitter.

If anyone needs to be told they are not a court of law its the cancel cult on twitter. Most people are trying to sweep this under the rug, I mean would you rather we were like REEEEEEEE and regulated everything to the point of fascism and shut down all conversation on the topic? If you can show someone else actually investigating or looking into this then maybe other people wouldn't feel obliged to.

ExpandKong

Banned
TIL that I knew her when she was in high school. She looked so damn familiar I Googled and found her real name and origin. Yup, friends with my ex, played DDR with her at the mall, she had an older abusive boyfriend. That's about all I remember, really nothing to contribute, but it blows my mind that I've read all this and turns out I knew her.

Was the boyfriend actually abusive, or did she just tell people he was so they’d feel bad and buy her pogs and hair dye?

sirpikaz

Neo Member
Was the boyfriend actually abusive, or did she just tell people he was so they’d feel bad and buy her pogs and hair dye?
LOL, I should have just said he was a mean asshole that's all I remember about him, I did not like being near him, he just yelled at her and shit, I should just edit my post to say he was an asshole lol.

Do whatever you like, and although I disagree I have no problem with people who choose to call out a company. I'm not asking you to change your mind or retract anything.

But I do not think this is the way forward. Let her product fail all on its own. Don't give narcissists any excuse to play the victim. See everyone? I put my female-empowering comic out there and the incels worked very hard to cancel me. That is why it sold so poorly. This excuse has been used quite a few times in entertainment (not just videogames) and it works very well because... well... the "victim" can point to an actual outrage-mob that rallied against their precious product.

This, I don't like the cancelling the other way as well. It's up to the company whether they think she's fit for them, I'd rather avoid stirring up campaigns. If she's good at what she does, I'd really not care if she's likely a shitty person. I'd rather we just try to figure this out based on what evidence we can find and give a balanced view of things. I much prefer just investigating and reporting something, to taking active steps. If I don't want to support something I'll just not support it. Especially if the subject is a person/individual, which always needs to be protected from mob pressure. I'd rather avoid all of that.

Things have gone really wrong over the years, with how polarized and how insulated the gaming press and even developers appear, with us vs them being on the forefront. There's been speculations on whether the ME3 debacle or the Gamergate debacle was the watershed moment, but I'd say it's just as much a reflection of general political polarization as well outside of gaming. Even here at NeoGAF we've had both extreme poles, from people shitting up threads doing critiques of gaming or gaming culture (cirka 2012) to people rejecting critique of that critique or rejection of certain dogmas.

But it's not discussion and reflection that it has amounted to, but activism and zealousness instead. We see this with certain releases like Kingdom Come: Deliverance, the kind of backlash it was met with. There's a certain dissonance between a lot of the consumers/gamers and developer/gaming journalists. Within the mainstream parts of gaming journalism a disdain for gamers and for people standing out from dogma, where Colin Moriarty even ended up being representative of both (ME3 debacle and the ridiculous overreaction to a JOKE that ended up getting him booted from Kinda Funny, though that was also due to crew's inability to accept Colin's criticisms of the 2016 democratic campaign, which clearly made for high tension as well).

Games now have just become problematic or progressive for a lot of the gaming press. No attempt at challenging their own viewpoints, trying to spring a debate, instead things are either considered in each camp. Even the lack of a problematic or a progressive is in itself problematic for some even. Now these aren't representative of the press in general, but the tacit agreement through silence from their peers is enough to make that completely irrelevant.
At the same time consumers/gamers also become over sensitive towards anything they feel attack them, leading to hostility back as well and an inability to accept that people have critiques and that they'll explore political or ethical perspectives.
That said, I'm more hopeful, just due to how media is changing, leading to more variety. And the consumers/gamers have always had rather diverse opinions on all aspects. Whether it's something that hits close to developers, like crunch, which is one where you have people with completely different opinions, though some can act dismissive towards the developers as well. Still, the change is mostly in terms of variation, though not necessarily showing good discussion and willingness to see other's perspective from the different sides, whether press or consumers. Still there's hope, which I feel like GAF is, especially thanks to a lot of people who hold out, even though some might gang up a bit too quickly during discussions.
Only thing I'm worried about is the game development studios, the developers and the publishers, where I feel like I'm curious as to how varied people are, how different their beliefs are and what creative works they are allowed to present. From my impression the creative freedom can be big at times, but that doesn't necessarily help if the creativity to explore ideas are limited.

This became a long rant, but I generally want to avoid that sort of returning of cancellation. If Quinn has done something that's a criminal offense, someone should press charges, if she's done something that's a civil offense, then that should be considered. If not, then just not buying her comic, but also not shying out of critiquing her public statements and being skeptical of her projects (see her Kickstarter) is what I prefer.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
What a minute.

There is no mob. There is no coordinated effort here on GAF in any way shape or form. We have a discussion thread... that is it.

GAF is doing nothing and I am sure 99% of its posters and staff ( EviLore EviLore included) would condemn any harassment or group action beyond discussion in this discussion thread.

There isn't any GAF mob. There is a discussion thread on the topic.

And if anyone knows about members organizing internet mob actions, definitely show that evidence to the staff

giphy.gif

I will repost this in here from the Iron Fury thread. This goes for all types of harassment campaigns, no matter if it’s a company, public figure, or any person in general.

We don't condone campaigns to actively get people fired over twitter words or game design.

That is what morally bankrupt people do.

This, I don't like the cancelling the other way as well. It's up to the company whether they think she's fit for them, I'd rather avoid stirring up campaigns. If she's good at what she does, I'd really not care if she's likely a shitty person. I'd rather we just try to figure this out based on what evidence we can find and give a balanced view of things. I much prefer just investigating and reporting something, to taking active steps. If I don't want to support something I'll just not support it. Especially if the subject is a person/individual, which always needs to be protected from mob pressure. I'd rather avoid all of that.

Things have gone really wrong over the years, with how polarized and how insulated the gaming press and even developers appear, with us vs them being on the forefront. There's been speculations on whether the ME3 debacle or the Gamergate debacle was the watershed moment, but I'd say it's just as much a reflection of general political polarization as well outside of gaming. Even here at NeoGAF we've had both extreme poles, from people shitting up threads doing critiques of gaming or gaming culture (cirka 2012) to people rejecting critique of that critique or rejection of certain dogmas.

But it's not discussion and reflection that it has amounted to, but activism and zealousness instead. We see this with certain releases like Kingdom Come: Deliverance, the kind of backlash it was met with. There's a certain dissonance between a lot of the consumers/gamers and developer/gaming journalists. Within the mainstream parts of gaming journalism a disdain for gamers and for people standing out from dogma, where Colin Moriarty even ended up being representative of both (ME3 debacle and the ridiculous overreaction to a JOKE that ended up getting him booted from Kinda Funny, though that was also due to crew's inability to accept Colin's criticisms of the 2016 democratic campaign, which clearly made for high tension as well).

Games now have just become problematic or progressive for a lot of the gaming press. No attempt at challenging their own viewpoints, trying to spring a debate, instead things are either considered in each camp. Even the lack of a problematic or a progressive is in itself problematic for some even. Now these aren't representative of the press in general, but the tacit agreement through silence from their peers is enough to make that completely irrelevant.
At the same time consumers/gamers also become over sensitive towards anything they feel attack them, leading to hostility back as well and an inability to accept that people have critiques and that they'll explore political or ethical perspectives.
That said, I'm more hopeful, just due to how media is changing, leading to more variety. And the consumers/gamers have always had rather diverse opinions on all aspects. Whether it's something that hits close to developers, like crunch, which is one where you have people with completely different opinions, though some can act dismissive towards the developers as well. Still, the change is mostly in terms of variation, though not necessarily showing good discussion and willingness to see other's perspective from the different sides, whether press or consumers. Still there's hope, which I feel like GAF is, especially thanks to a lot of people who hold out, even though some might gang up a bit too quickly during discussions.
Only thing I'm worried about is the game development studios, the developers and the publishers, where I feel like I'm curious as to how varied people are, how different their beliefs are and what creative works they are allowed to present. From my impression the creative freedom can be big at times, but that doesn't necessarily help if the creativity to explore ideas are limited.

This became a long rant, but I generally want to avoid that sort of returning of cancellation. If Quinn has done something that's a criminal offense, someone should press charges, if she's done something that's a civil offense, then that should be considered. If not, then just not buying her comic, but also not shying out of critiquing her public statements and being skeptical of her projects (see her Kickstarter) is what I prefer.
There's a rising IDGAF attitude and it is only found among those who reject groupthink and mob mentality. And not to diminish this noble attitude, but I think it's largely because people are hungry for real conversation. When you're sick of getting shouted down, dismissed, slandered, and misrepresented, and if you don't get any satisfaction out of mob action, you'll gravitate towards like-minded individuals irrespective of their ideology. That is the internet way of things, so I guess it's not a surprise.

I'm not worried about creativity being squelched at the larger publishers. The indie scene continues to move up-market and the bigger publishers will not be able to stop it. Braid and Castle Crashers came out a decade ago, that's it, and now "indie" is almost meaningless since we have devs making strategy games, RPGs, simulators, racing games, shooters, etc etc In ten more years we'll have indies making excellent standalone AAA titles ("standalone" because most won't be able to afford the GaaS infrastructure that all the current publishers are moving toward). I'm getting sidetracked, but my point is that I think the gaming industry will heal, one way or another.

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
Hey, nice to be back. I had forgotten my password for years and it was linked to a dead email so I couldn't retrieve it. Thanks Tyler for getting me back on board.

My core take/issue:

- I don't know Zoe or care about her other than her being a fellow human. From what I gather she lies, is vindictive, and- sadly- is dealing w/some mental health challenges of her own.

-I don't care if people are public about attacking her story and trying to prove she is a liar. I only care in as much that people either seem to be anti or pro Zoe and take in and support only the facts that support their narratives (for example, it seems odd to me that some 'anti-Zoe' folks have zero problem accepting text communications between Alec and some anon friend where they were bashing Zoe, but those same people throw out the 'testimony' of Alec's sister ((who claimed Alec was her best friend)) when she suggests that Alec, while improving, was capable of causing harm to other people because of his illness). The only dog I have in the fight is honesty and truth and I take issue with people who look at something as serious as sexual assault, mental illness, and suicide as almost a game where they will do, say, and accept anything that will help their 'team' win.

-I took issue with the chart on page #1 of this thread because it seemed to be all about ways to conclude Zoe was a bad person and a liar without also covering aspects/explorations of if she was telling the truth. For example, the anon chat between Alec and Anon worker from the Post Millennial site results in a chart conclusion that "It's very obvious that Zoe was also a terrible partner ". Hell of a conclusion to draw and state definitively based on anon sources printed in a known right-wing leaning tabloid (https://www.allsides.com/news-source/post-millennial-media-bias).

But In the bottom column the notes from Alec's sister and co-workers claiming he had behavioral issues when dealing with other people (and could easily lend at least SOME credence to the idea he COULD have indeed assaulted Zoe) don't affect the CONCLUSION column at all. And unless you have a dog in the fight/are already anti-Zoe going in, how could they not affect the conclusion? Wouldn't the conclusion a person looking only for truth be something like: Based on 'testimony' of people very close to Alec, it's at the least possible his illness resulted in behaviors that harmed others and it's not unreasonable to conclude that that behavior may have been directed at Zoe in the way she described.

So on and on and on...you get the point. Happy to answer any questions but that's why I was annoyed.

Also, FWIW, I don't stir up controversy for my stream. Ever. Last thing I ever want to be is something like THE QUARTERING and just make outrage content. I respect the guy's success and work ethic but he's always pissed and bitchy about something and I'm not looking to do that kind of a show. The only reason I do the stream is it's fun to shoot the shit about the game biz that I love and so I talk about game stuff that is on my mind. In this case, I read the thread last nite, tweeted about it, and woke to a bunch of folks who were angry/annoyed at my comments. So naturally, that was one of the topics I chose to spend time on on today's stream.

Thanks for reading, appreciate it!

David

Last edited:

trikster40

W.T.F.??? DC announces this yesterday (Apparently my brain is a day behind)?? And judging from the plot summary, it’s an autobiography of what she did to Alec:

“A story of a hero who is done with bringing peace to a world that cannot be trusted with it; a woman whose newly awakened dark side is ready to burn it all down and forge a new destiny.”

I don’t see this book going over well.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

W.T.F.??? DC announces this today?? And judging from the plot summary, it’s an autobiography of what she did to Alec:

“A story of a hero who is done with bringing peace to a world that cannot be trusted with it; a woman whose newly awakened dark side is ready to burn it all down and forge a new destiny.”

DC seems to be in trouble already so I don't know if they hired her just to be a scapegoat. She was hired right before Vertigo went kaput.

Hey, nice to be back. I had forgotten my password for years and it was linked to a dead email so I couldn't retrieve it. Thanks Tyler for getting me back on board.

My core take/issue:

- I don't know Zoe or care about her other than her being a fellow human. From what I gather she lies, is vindictive, and- sadly- is dealing w/some mental health challenges of her own.

-I don't care if people are public about attacking her story and trying to prove she is a liar. I only care in as much that people either seem to be anti or pro Zoe and take in and support only the facts that support their narratives (for example, it seems odd to me that some 'anti-Zoe' folks have zero problem accepting text communications between Alec and some anon friend where they were bashing Zoe, but those same people throw out the 'testimony' of Alec's sister ((who claimed Alec was her best friend)) when she suggests that Alec, while improving, was capable of causing harm to other people because of his illness). The only dog I have in the fight is honesty and truth and I take issue with people who look at something as serious as sexual assault, mental illness, and suicide as almost a game where they will do, say, and accept anything that will help their 'team' win.

-I took issue with the chart on page #1 of this thread because it seemed to be all about ways to conclude Zoe was a bad person and a liar without also covering aspects/explorations of if she was telling the truth. For example, the anon chat between Alec and Anon worker from the Post Millennial site results in a chart conclusion that "It's very obvious that Zoe was also a terrible partner ". Hell of a conclusion to draw and state definitively based on anon sources printed in a known right-wing leaning tabloid (https://www.allsides.com/news-source/post-millennial-media-bias).

But In the bottom column the notes from Alec's sister and co-workers claiming he had behavioral issues when dealing with other people (and could easily lend at least SOME credence to the idea he COULD have indeed assaulted Zoe) don't affect the CONCLUSION column at all. And unless you have a dog in the fight/are already anti-Zoe going in, how could they not affect the conclusion? Wouldn't the conclusion a person looking only for truth be something like: Based on 'testimony' of people very close to Alec, it's at the least possible his illness resulted in behaviors that harmed others and it's not unreasonable to conclude that that behavior may have been directed at Zoe in the way she described.

So on and on and on...you get the point. Happy to answer any questions but that's why I was annoyed.

Also, FWIW, I don't stir up controversy for my stream. Ever. Last thing I ever want to be is something like THE QUARTERING and just make outrage content. I respect the guy's success and work ethic but he's always pissed and bitchy about something and I'm not looking to do that kind of a show. The only reason I do the stream is it's fun to shoot the shit about the game biz that I love and so I talk about game stuff that is on my mind. In this case, I read the thread last nite, tweeted about it, and woke to a bunch of folks who were angry/annoyed at my comments. So naturally, that was one of the topics I chose to spend time on on today's stream.

David
Respect for coming on here.

ksdixon

W.T.F.??? DC announces this today?? And judging from the plot summary, it’s an autobiography of what she did to Alec:

That's... Sickening.

JSoup

Banned

If it's any consolation, comic critics tend to not follow all this nonsense and are generally immune to the twitter mob. And consensus between critics is her writing is terrible, as are most of the people asked to right for feminism reasons.

Actually, I don't really read DC, do they have containment title for all that like Marvel does?

KiTA

Nichegamer has an article up. Includes some podcast Alec and Zoe did together that again, suggest maybe the sociopath with a history of lying for attention wasn't being truthful: https://nichegamer.com/2019/09/12/r...ex-holowka-abuse-claims-now-seeming-doubtful/

I hadn't heard the podcast before. TPM might have it up soon (TPM is hosting the MP3s).

It is interesting that finally, 5 years after she DARVO'd the last boyfriend who called her out for emotional abuse, she's finally getting pushback. Granted, this pushback includes DC giving her a Batman comic writing role and Marvel giving her a spot on a Hellcat anthology, so she's definitely still doing the patented Zoe Quinn "failing upwards" trick, but, yeah.

Last edited:

My core take/issue:

David
Thanks for dropping in and clarifying ...and apologies for calling you a cuck some pages back
I think you will find alot of people here very level headed and open to discuss things which is very different to other areas of the internet which im sure you are aware of

Many of us will get a little defensive of people trying to devalue or silence it as this forum was almost bought down through similar accusations which is probably why you see quite a few people a little pissed off

The only thing that i hope that comes out of this horrible situation is that

1) People actually start using their heads instead of following the mob
2) ZQ never gets any sort of airtime every again....she is a parasite who preys on people for financial gain and self gratification

PS Micky Mania was one of my favourite snes games growing up :)

Birdo

Banned

My core take/issue:

David

You mentioned in the stream that this forum has some kind of vendetta/agenda to just hate on ZQ.

This forum's obsession seems to stem from the fact that she seems to be invunerable almost anywhere else on the internet, and is being protected from scrutiny by the press.

It's this frustration that has led to people becoming obsessed with her. She is an anomoly. One of the most protected people on the internet.

tkscz

DC seems to be in trouble already so I don't know if they hired her just to be a scapegoat. She was hired right before Vertigo went kaput.

As I said before, this is most likely to finish out her contract and do away with her. Her book, Goddess Mode, sold extremely poorly and they can't afford to keep someone on like that if AT&T/Warner Media don't see the point of comic books due to low sales.

If it's any consolation, comic critics tend to not follow all this nonsense and are generally immune to the twitter mob. And consensus between critics is her writing is terrible, as are most of the people asked to right for feminism reasons.

Actually, I don't really read DC, do they have containment title for all that like Marvel does?

Yes. Honestly Rebirth is amazing to read, but the stuff as of late hasn't been so good. The previous president of DC Comics was put in charge of DCEU and the books suffered from it.

Top Bottom