• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZOTAC GAMING ZONE - The Ultimate Handheld Console For Enthusiasts

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The ZONE Handheld Gaming Console is the ultimate gaming handheld with a beautiful AMOLED display for those who demand the best. Equipped with the AMD Ryzen 7 8840U processor built on the AMD Zen 4 architecture and featuring the AMD Radeon 780M graphics, the ZONE gives gamers a premium gaming experience even on the go. Paired with advanced elite controls like the 2-stage adjustable triggers, which allow gamers to switch from a full-range analog trigger to a hair trigger for immediate response, as well as radial dials, which allow gamers to adjust system settings on the fly, the ZONE gives you the hardware to be on top of your game anywhere you go.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Looks like a great machine. I wonder if Valve will support it with Steam OS?

Life Diff

Dj Khaled GIF by Kids' Choice Awards

GHG

Gold Member
Oled, trackpads, removable sticks.

This is the first one of these that looks really interesting from a feature-set perspective.

Will keep a close eye on this.

StereoVsn

Is there VRR on that display? Don’t see it in the specs. Thing is though, right now might as well wait for new wave of handhelds with the new AMD chip which is already out in some laptops.

It can give another 20-30% performance, depending on a game in question.

Edit: 16GB RAM isn’t enough anymore, IMO. 24GBor 32GB would be much better as it would allow you to allocate 8GB to GPU and still have full 16GB for RAM.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Is there VRR on that display? Don’t see it in the specs. Thing is though, right now might as well wait for new wave of handhelds with the new AMD chip which is already out in some laptops.

It can give another 20-30% performance, depending on a game in question.

Edit: 16GB RAM isn’t enough anymore, IMO. 24GBor 32GB would be much better as it would allow you to allocate 8GB to GPU and still have full 16GB for RAM.

I got low vram warnings in the Black Myth benchmarking tool so yeah.....16GB ain't gonna cut it much longer.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Get the lowdown on Zotac's newest gaming handheld, the Zone! In this video, we dive deep into the specs, features, and price of this powerful Ryzen-powered console. With its stunning AMOLED display, is the Zotac Zone a must-have for gamers on the go? Let's find out!

I love my steamdeck oled. But man competition is ramping up fast. You can get a handhelp like this or the ROG ally X and install steam os if you want and you have best of all worlds, but no game compatability comprimises. Steam deck is still value king but i'm curious what's on the horizon.

Last edited:

Brigandier

48w battery:

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Tbh I like the look of it but the rumoured $799 puts me off with only 16gb ram 512gb ssd and a 48w battery.

Myths

Zotac is a bigger company than I thought. I’ve always run with their GPUs and looking forward to their next Nvidia aftermarket design.

Looks good. Seems like it does nearly everything right even has the proper stick placement. Only thing is that RAM feels a bit low and that new AMD chips will make this feel obsolete pretty quickly.

Top Bottom