• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp.

There's that.

At the very least, if there's one positive to take away from this
Negan won't be killing Glenn
Comic spoilers
Oh it's still happening. Talking Dead is making it super obvious he's still alive. After all of Glenn's escapes, they have to cap it off with a completely 100% unambiguous scene of Negan crushing his skull in

If they defy this many leaps of logic, I'm done with the show. I'm not down for this kind of stupidity. Have some balls and kill main characters. Other shows do it, get with the times.

They already skipped how he survived a similar encounter in the season finale last year (he's on the ground in the woods and 8 zombies drop on top of him after being shot). I forgave that stupid writing, I won't forgive this one.
See ya

Oh it's still happening. Talking Dead is making it super obvious he's still alive. After all of Glenn's escapes, they have to cap it off with a completely 100% unambiguous scene of Negan crushing his skull in

comic spoiler
I think Negan will happen, but I don't think he's killing Glenn. The writers say how they like to change variables like that up, like how Hershel lost his head instead of Tyreese at the prison. I think someone else will die instead of Glenn in the finale

The fuck you talking about? Do you even watch this show?

Eh, go away then.

I've watched since day one. If you can't handle a show being criticized for it's massive plot armor for key characters, I don't know what to tell you. At some point, it becomes a serious issue and this would be the catalyst for me. Sorry you're bothered by my opinion.

Outside of actors leaving the show for other shows or commitments, tell me what main characters they actually killed?

Nameless

Glenn does have notoriously strong plot armor:

-Survived a Walker attack while tied to a chair after being tortured.
-Survived being completely surrounded, alone, and flu ridden at the prison
-Was milliseconds away from getting slaughtered at Terminus but survived
-Survived after being shot by Nick then mounted by multiple Walkers

What a great episode. So intense.

Michonne throwing an Emmy nominating performance.

That Glenn scene. :-(

And it's gonna be two weeks before we know what happened.

Bravo, Mr. Gimple.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
There's noway Glenn SHOULD survive that. Just noway. But the show being the show he may find a totally goofy unbelievable way of getting out.

IGN's not buying it
  • From a pure TV standpoint, would the The Walking Dead kill off Glenn like that and then still have fifteen more minutes left in an episode?
  • Would the show also, in a sense, punish Glenn for sparing Nicholas' life? And then for allowing Nicholas to accompany him on this last adventure? If we're to buy that this all led to Glenn's painful demise, is the takeaway here that no one - even Glenn - should show mercy? Which is totally possible, but a pretty grim message even for this series.
  • Flip that around now, was Nicholas then never meant to redeem himself at all? Not even in death?
  • I'm putting forth here that Nicholas did, unwittingly, save Glenn. Yes, he froze and was rendered useless (as he'd been having that issue all episode), but he also fell down on top of Glenn.
  • When Glenn was being ripped to shreds, the angle made it look like guts were being pulled out of his chest, which seems off anatomy-wise. I could be wrong, but that might have been Nicholas' torso that was being chomped up.
  • Glenn dying would also mean that neither husband of the group that was trying to get home made it back. Again, from a TV angle this seems odd.
  • (Slight comic spoiler) This moment was not in the comics, though that isn't really an argument for or against. This show splinters off from the comics a lot.
  • My Shaky Conclusion: Glenn lives - because Nicholas inadvertently became a body shield. And then his guts masked Glenn's scent. Glenn and guts go together like Michonne and scowls
  • Second conclusion - GLENN'S DEAD AND I"M WRONG AND EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE!

This show has done some dumb shit but if they didn't give Glenn his proper death it would be next level. We will get what we all want

Yeah, there's no way they'd have a character whose survived perilous situation after situation for the last five seasons have an end like that. It immediately cut away before we saw anything further, and went straight to a commercial. Even Annie (who died minutes prior) was seen being unambiguously ripped apart as Michonne and Heath watched.

If they defy this many leaps of logic, I'm done with the show. I'm not down for this kind of stupidity. Have some balls and kill main characters. Other shows do it, get with the times.

They already skipped how he survived a similar encounter in the season finale last year (he's on the ground in the woods and 8 zombies drop on top of him after being shot). I forgave that stupid writing, I won't forgive this one.
what do you mean? that you'll stop watching?

They've already established that covering yourself in guts works. Glenn could be covered up and start crawling toward the fire escape.

Anyway Hardwick again teasing the the glenn story will resolve according to gimple. They wouldn't be doing all this if he was dead. When a major major character dies we'll know lol. To specifically avoid things like this. Unless they want to mindfuck aka now.

Starfield

Im calling it, Nicholas is still alive. Glenn is the on getting eaten. Nick somehow survived the shot to the face because well...he's unable to completely do something well anyways, and ofc he hides under Glennguts

Starfield

Rick really just still in a coma, he has a wild imagination.

Maybe hes still unconcious from the punch to the head Michonne gave him in Season 5. And next episode he wakes up and gets exiled from Alexandria

now that would be the lamest plot twist in history of television

If Glenn actually survives this...

It'll just reinforce my belief that ever since Gimple came on they've been hesitant to kill off the "super big" characters. It's crazy to me that the last "super big" death was Andrea, back in S3.

Starfield

If Glenn actually survives this...

It'll just reinforce my belief that ever since Gimple came on they've been hesitant to kill off the "super big" characters. It's crazy to me that the last "super big" death was Andrea, back in S3.

What about Bob

ok ill shut up

Effect

Who meets lucille this season I wonder. I'm betting on Darryl

Or it just doesn't happen and instead Kirkman comes up with something else. The show is not above changing something that is a huge event in the comics. Like Rick not losing his hand. That was something Kirkman said he regretted so they didn't do it in the show. That and it would likely be to much of a annoyance to film around that. Then there is Judith being alive. I can see them changing the thing that is spoiler hidden. It's one thing to do that to the undead. It's another to do that to another living human and show that on TV. This show gets violent but I don't see them crossing that line.

ViciousDS

Banned
Ah hahaha

" what's it like living without the internet"

"It's aight, I just get photos from your mom through the mail"

OMG that slim Jim commercial killed me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom