• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Glenn actually survives this...

It'll just reinforce my belief that ever since Gimple came on they've been hesitant to kill off the "super big" characters. It's crazy to me that the last "super big" death was Andrea, back in S3.
the atlanta folks will only die in major major moments. Gimple knows he's doing imo. And then he'll throw a curveball and kill a major in some random throwaway ep lol.

AVclub has a link to a funny theory, and they also say "If Glenn really is dead, what miserable, depressing, and anti-climactic conclusion for one of the show’s longest running leads." They explained:

But assuming Glenn is dead, what’s the arc here? Glenn spared Nicholas’s life earlier; Nicholas did his best to deserve that mercy; but ultimately he couldn’t handle the pressure, and when he finally snapped, he got Glenn killed as well as himself.

There’s something so fundamentally defeatist about this that I’m reluctant to critique it much further until we know for sure that Glenn really is a goner.

Nameless

It'll just reinforce my belief that ever since Gimple came on they've been hesitant to kill off the "super big" characters. It's crazy to me that the last "super big" death was Andrea, back in S3.

Tyrese, Beth? They're just as big Andre. Bigger to me because fuck Andrea

Edit. Oh and Herschel.

neoism

That's how it should be. Everyone dying in the zombie apocalypse isn't going to have meaning, sometimes you take the wrong turn and end up in a dead end surrounded by zombies. The end.

If anything, it shows they're willing to remove the plot armor for key characters and not have their deaths tied to mid-season and season finales.

I agree even though he was part of the main main cast I still don't think he was a top top-tier character, he was A+ but only Rick Darryl and Michonne are the S class...well Carol is too..she a straight gangsta. The worst part though is he had to die with a shitty fucking character and because of him letting that shitty character live that's pretty much the reason he died.

Gabriel isn't as shitty as Nicholas smfh.....

what do you mean? that you'll stop watching?

Correct. It just defies all logic for me, no matter what excuse they come up with and I'll see myself out.

I just want consequence and tension on the show. It's the zombie apocalypse not a walk in the park. If people want to shit on me for that opinion, fine. Killing a bunch of red shirts doesn't create tension and consequence. There should have been more deaths like this for main or secondary characters, sometimes people just make mistakes and in the zombie apocalypse, mistakes mean death. There shouldn't be some meaning behind a death. As I said earlier, sometimes you take a right instead of left and find yourself at a dead end with zombies preventing an escape.

ViciousDS

Banned

Um.....Beth? Her and daryls chemistry became huge huge due to that drinking episode. It was the one person Daryl would have died for.

Wensih

Should have done an Indiana Jones and climbed into the metal container (garbage can in TWD/refrigerator in Indiana Jones).

Starfield

What would gaf say if Carol, Morgan, Daryl and Rick die in the same episode. Then the show continunes to be a Carl looking for Enid drama.

rjinaz

What would gaf say if Carol, Morgan, Daryl and Rick die in the same episode. Then the show continunes to be a Carl looking for Enid drama.

Hey at least it would be more realistic! The way a zombie apocalypse should be. I mean they'd lose a lot of their audience, but you know, worth it.

Come fellow walking dead gaf do you really believe glenn would deserve an off screen Laurie death. All others progressed the story how much of an impact would it have with Maggie if Rick shows up like oh he must have died ?

Gorillaz

They won't kill Daryl because he's 100% AMC's.
He's basically their "break glass in case of emergency" death. I feel like having
Neegan kill him would up his stock
but the vibe I get from AMC, they don't feel like gambling on something like that

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Should have done an Indiana Jones and climbed into the metal container (garbage can in TWD/refrigerator in Indiana Jones).

This is what my mind was yelling as soon as it was obviously a dead end with a lone dumpster at the end of it.

Come fellow walking dead gaf do you really believe glenn would deserve an off screen Laurie death. All others progressed the story how much of an impact would it have with Maggie if Rick shows up like oh he must have died ?
Lori died on screen (bloodloss from birth), shot off camera to keep from turning, and only eaten off screen.

Correct. It just defies all logic for me, no matter what excuse they come up with and I'll see myself out.

I just want consequence and tension on the show. It's the zombie apocalypse not a walk in the park. If people want to shit on me for that opinion, fine. Killing a bunch of red shirts doesn't create tension and consequence. There should have been more deaths like this for main or secondary characters, sometimes people just make mistakes and in the zombie apocalypse, mistakes mean death. There shouldn't be some meaning behind a death. As I said earlier, sometimes you take a right instead of left and find yourself at a dead end with zombies preventing an escape.
I understand what you are saying, but this show has defied logic many times before this.

When daryl was in the morgue house with beth and heard the one eyed dog for a second time, how did he not hear or see the walkers outside of the house before he opened the door?

how do zombies so often and apparently stay quiet and show up all of a sudden (colloquially, ninja zombies) and ambush humans?

When Carol reached terminus, what were the chances that she'd arrive there just in time to see rick & co get taken away hand-binded?

When rick bit joe's jugular vein, how did all the noise happen to not attract any walkers?

When rick & co took out the cannibals in the church, how did the noise not attract any walkers?

How in the hell do they have a supply of diapers and food for judith (in the time before they arrived to alexandria, and even then why would alexandria have supplies to raise a baby?)

so this thing with glenn is pretty ridiculous, but it's just another thing on the list. although it does seem like it might actually matter because the viewership's started dipping.

BFIB

Glenn is
not dead. Those were Nicolas insides. He is a meat shield. Obvious or not?
That's what I'm thinking. The way Nicolas fell into him and they both went down, it looked like he fell on top of Glenn.

Tyrese, Beth? They're just as big Andre. Bigger to me because fuck Andrea

Um.....Beth? Her and daryls chemistry became huge huge due to that drinking episode. It was the one person Daryl would have died for.

By "super big" I meant the original Atlanta survivors. Lori and Andrea were members of that group. Dale was. Shane was. These are the deaths I consider to be the biggest, regardless of how we felt of some of them. [lol Andrea]

Right now that would be: Rick, Carl, Daryl, Carol and Glenn assuming he's alive.
Although they're not original survivors I do think Maggie and Michonne deserve to be in that tier too - simply because they've been opening billing since their debut on the show.

I also could entertain an argument for Morgan next season [assuming he survives]

The next tier of characters would be the Beth's, the Tyreese's or in this case the Sasha's and Abraham's.

one thing i really like about heath is that he looks almost exactly like he does in the comics.

latest

Good theory on the girl.

Also, there were those pics of the inside of Alexandria.

where was Daryl going? I missed that part

Pretty sure he peeled off to go after Rick, but when he turned around he got back to Abe super fast which was a bit confusing.

Glenn is
not dead. Those were Nicolas insides. He is a meat shield. Obvious or not?

Glenn's reward for not killing him.

JDHarbs

Glenn is going to be the new Morgan. We'll always wonder what happened to him, and then they'll randomly stumble upon him a few seasons from now.

neoism

gross that character was as bad as nick... hated her stupid ass... smfh..

NYR

Then there is Judith being alive.
It's an American TV show that will show people being ripped apart, decapitated, but shows zero sex, zero genitals, zero nudity, and almost no swearing and not a single F bomb during the end of the world. They are not gonna kill a baby on cable TV, they couldn't handle the backlash. Fits perfectly with Americana.

NYR

So Rick cuts his hand off.....thanks talking dead
That is not happening. Hershel's leg was a CG nightmare and added to the budget. They won't do body parts again and like many others have said, Kirkman regrets cutting off the hand in the comics, it limits the story possibilities and makes things Harder to do - e.g. - putting on a shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom