• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Glenn's awesome, but a meaningful character has to die, they can't just keep killing people we have no attachment to.

neoism

pls kill Daryl pls

he's barely a character

anigif_enhanced-10804-1437608982-4.gif

woolley

Glenn is dead, his arc isn't over but he's dead. People are going to be in denial that he's actually dead just like when Lori died.

It's an American TV show that will show people being ripped apart, decapitated, but shows zero sex, zero genitals, zero nudity, and almost no swearing and not a single F bomb during the end of the world. They are not gonna kill a baby on cable TV, they couldn't handle the backlash. Fits perfectly with Americana.

Didn't they already "kill her" during the MSF of S4? If I remember correctly, we didn't find out she was alive until Episode 10. They "killed" her off-screen with the blood-soaked baby carrier and all, but still... I don't remember that much backlash at all really.

Makes more sense for the story arc if Nick running away again (by killing himself) actually saves Glenn this time rather than put him in danger like every.single.other.time it happened. I'm with AVclub on that one. Even TWD writers know how thematic storytelling works and this goes against the grain of that entire arc and goes the opposite way with it. I just don't buy it.

I really wonder if next week is all flashback. I don't think it is. 90 mins woot.

NYR

IMO, it is a bit obvious what is going on. Next week is a flashback to what Morgan was up to.

Nov 8 will be the the group getting back home and the consequences. Slow episode. There will be another battle with the wolves, with a surprise appearance by
Glenn

NYR

Didn't they already "kill her" during the MSF of S4? If I remember correctly, we didn't find out she was alive until Episode 10. They "killed" her off-screen with the blood-soaked baby carrier and all, but still... I don't remember that much backlash at all really.
A cop out just like they will cop out with
Glenn

NYR

Glen is dead. The meat shield theory falls flat because only zombie guts mask the odor.
They didn't even say goodbye to him in the talking dead memorial. He ain't dead, this is a emotional play. It also allows everyone to think Glenn is superman and thus safe from death
until he meets Lucille.

Glenn is still alive guys ;_; that was the other dudes guts ;_;

Edit.. The exchange between michonne and the eyeglasses dude was probably one of the best in the series.

BFIB

They didn't even say goodbye to him in the talking dead memorial. He ain't dead, this is a emotional play. It also allows everyone to think Glenn is superman and this safe from death
until he meets Lucille.
The only way I could see Glenn actually being dead is if they go to try and rescue him, and find him turned.

Then Rick can't take him down, showing that he's not headed down the Governor path.

neoism

What was the foreshadowing people are talking about?

glenn took out the watch maggy's dad gave him... we havent seen it since season 3... the last thing he said to rick was "bumbass" it was the first they he called him in season 1...

They didn't even say goodbye to him in the talking dead memorial. He ain't dead, this is a emotional play. It also allows everyone to think Glenn is superman and thus safe from death
until he meets Lucille.

Y-y-yup.

I was upset for a rousing 4 minutes until my screenwriter/director brain kicked in and I took into account shot-framing, all that "foreshadowing" that's supposed to direct you into believing it, plus, Gimple's total lack of conviction with killing off main characters.

Carol, Glenn, Maggie, Carl, Judith, Rick, Michonne and Daryl all have thick ass plot armour at least until the Season finale.

I'd love to be wrong and have the show really shock me but, those shocks have been absent since Lori's death, everything since has been predictable as all hell.

raphier

Banned
Next week is Jedi Morgan, I can't believe this shit. I once wanted another Morgan focused episode, some of you in here jinxed it last year!

The only thing I can think of that would have Glenn not being dead would be that Nicholas's body did indeed fall on top, showed Glenn realizing this is the end as he sees nicks guts being torn out and then somehow an explosion or new massive sound grabs the walkers attention and because he's covered in stink and guts he somehow makes it out alive. But yea, I'm betting he is dead but maybe not the exact way we think which is why they are beating around the bush with it.

Glenn is dead, his arc isn't over but he's dead. People are going to be in denial that he's actually dead just like when Lori died.
there's a good chance you're right but there's enough evidence to suggest he's not.

if he's dead, what exactly is the point of being ambiguous about it? like, what's the point of keeping it semi-mysterious only to later reveal to the audience that, yeah guys, he's dead, just incase y'all are unsure.

NYR

there's a good chance you're right but there's enough evidence to suggest he's not.

if he's dead, what exactly is the point of being ambiguous about it? like, what's the point of keeping it semi-mysterious only to later reveal to the audience that, yeah guys, he's dead, just incase y'all are unsure.
BOOM. Yep.

styl3s

There is no denial about it, it was pure misdirection the guts being ripped were way, way too far up to his own. I don't like Glenn i have dog in this fight i just know how TWD works.

Crow will be eaten next week and it's gonna be great.

Future Show Spoilers this season
If filming is anything to go by, he's definitely alive. Oh, and he's been seen with completely new characters coming up this season so the whole "flashbacks/maggie hallucination" isn't an argument there.

Anon67

Yup basically.

In that pan up drone shot of the Walker horde in the alley, you can see something laying horizontally across Glenn and Glenn still moving his head and crying.

He's good, fam.

I watched it again, and if it's him, it looks like it would be intestines being pulled out of his chest area. However, the aerial shot looks like they're all concentrated towards where his stomach would be.

They are also VERY interestingly wearing the exact same color undershirt, which is what you see get ripped open.

Somehow, Glenn's overshirt is magically open after they are atop the dumpster, even though it was buttoned up when they were climbing up.

So what do we think...
Glenn is under Nicholas who was getting ripped apart. Glenn is able to either crawl underneath the dumpster or stand up and get himself inside the dumpster. Glenn either calls for Rick on the radio for help, or conjures up some amazing escape plan that involves covering himself in zombie guts.
Thus is either the producers pulling a fast one, or the biggest botched death in the history of television.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom