• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanoid

Neo Member
I thought he obviously wasn't dead from what I saw, but I was shocked nonetheless. It wasn't until I saw the online outrages about whether he's dead or not that I started to wonder... but he's really not dead. It wasn't explicit enough for a character of his stature

Honestly, I didn't feel as bad as I thought I would with what happened to Glenn. Seems like an uninspired and underwhelming way to end a character.

So maybe it was Nick's guts that the zombies were eating.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
To be fair weren't they all still kinda trying to direct the herd away from Alexandria? Morgan probably just ran back to town, But Rick and everyone else is still trying to control the herd.

Right, but they were all going ahead of the herd...and the heard was heading directly to the sound. When they got to the small town one of them said it was half-way to Alexandria. Their only plan was to set one of the buildings on fire to distract the herd. But they only had 30 minutes to do it. That's basically a suicide mission.

Partition

Banned
Glenn became one of those background characters with waning importance, his only characters moments were in the earlier seasons as far as I remember. Do fans just like people they see every episode? He (along with most of the cast) doesn't really contribute to the show in any meaningful way, besides being in love with someone I guess. You'd think in a show that kills off minor characters by the dozen all the time that the fans would realize it doesn't make sense for the main group to have plot armor.

Bandit1

Episode's got me devastated. There's no way Glenn should survive that. If he was meant to live through the episode they should have left him on top of the dumpster. I don't see a plausible means of escape even if the walkers were in fact eating Nicholas. But a part of me still hopes Glenn is alive.

The scenes leading up to that were fantastic though. Nicholas really breaking down as all the walkers closed in on them, sounds muffled, but certain sounds enhanced like the zombie's teeth clashing, then Nicholas thanking Glenn, and the look on Glenn's face as the gun goes off and blood splatters all over him. Really great visuals there.

Rick taking out all the Wolves that Morgan let walk from the last episode was awesome, glad they're gone and happy we got some Colt Python action.

Man, people been dropping like flies the last couple episodes.

Comic spoilers
Considering the show is leading up to the Negan stuff, I highly doubt he died in this weeks episode. The whole getting beat in the head with a bat by Negan would have a bigger impact as a character death.

Also, Rick cut his hand when the knife broke right? He kept looking at it and wincing in pain.

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 603: “Thank You”

OhzNyfj.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 603, “Thank You” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 603: “Thank You” - AMC
  • Preview of Episode 604, “Here's Not Here” - AMC | International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 604, “Here's Not Here” - AMC | International
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
Talking Dead’s Inside The Dead:
  • There were 140 walker extras on set for the scene where the herd arrives at the town. Some of them are referred to as “hero walkers.” These walkers get more detailed makeup to allow for close-ups.
  • The actor who plays new character Scott was already familiar to the cast. He is Sonequa Martin-Green's husband, Kenric Green.
  • Eagle-eyed viewers might have seen a familiar face in the mega herd. It was Executive Producer Greg Nicotero's 5th time as a walker in the series.
PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

Partition

Banned
Comic spoilers
Considering the show is leading up to the Negan stuff, I highly doubt he died in this weeks episode. The whole getting beat in the head with a bat by Negan would have a bigger impact as a character death.

Also, Rick cut his hand when the knife broke right? He kept looking at it and wincing in pain.

so you are alluding they will do a Glenn fake out death 2 times? I'm not sure what is worse writing, Glenn dying this way or faking his death twice - only for him to die in a few episodes anyway

Tabris

No way Glenn is dead. They would have had some scene between him and Maggie before.

Plus the guts being eaten were on his chest.

LaNaranja

I honestly don't care where they go with it, this was a good episode. If they choose to leave Glenn dead or bring him back I will be happy.

If only my boy Tyreese was still around, he would have been able to handle that whole damn zombie pit on his own.

Tabris

I still don't quite understand the whole rules of the walker blood. I know you don't actually get infected as everyone is infected, but there's a powerful bacteria when you get scratched or bitten that causes your body to shutdown - so you turn when you die? So would that actually be in the blood or maybe just from something else? I know Abraham was fine.

someday

Banned
1. If Glenn had just stayed in the pet store with Michonne and the rest, he would be alive. There ultimately was no reason to split off since nothing happened. Pointless.

2. I am fine if Glenn really is dead and I'll find it fitting that he died because of that fuckwit Nicholas. Glenn was stupid to give him so many chances. Fool me once and all that. Especially the last time. Nick is no good when it matters so why would you leave your life in his hands? Glenn used to be a survivor. Season 2 Glenn would have told Nick to draw a map and stay the fuck in the pet store.

I'm really not sure if Glenn is alive or not. It will be pretty tough to have him live through that "realistically."

I am absolutely loving this season so far. I'm not sure about a 90 minute episode all about Morgan, especially seeing how he is now. I would have looked forward to it a few weeks ago but not right now. But, everything else has been good so I'll wait and see.

Jackson

"Have you ever been covered in so much blood that you're not sure if it's yours or walkers or your friends?" - Michonne

Apparently 15 minutes later Glenn experienced this amazingly accurate foreshadowing.

Evo X

Someone posted this on facebook regarding Glenn's death. Not sure if it's crackpot theory or not.

Gonna spoiler it just in case.

12042956_396469417229945_3227713669606529650_n.jpg

Kalentan

Someone posted this on facebook regarding Glenn's death. Not sure if it's crackpot theory or not.

So basically:

He didn't die. I mean really, I'm REALLY surprised how many people think he's actually dead. It's crazy.

At this point it's however long the Walking Dead wants to keep going on. I'll say this now. If they Kill Rick or Daryl off the show it'll end in 2 seasons after that.

I feel like this show is Rick's story. I'm pretty sure he won't die, unless it's a series finale time. As for Daryl... no telling.

... Also, I am mad hype to jump on this Glenn didn't die denial train you guys are running. Didn't even realize how attached I was to the dude... I want him to be alive.

they're fucked either way IMO

if he's still alive, they pulled a ridiculously lame move, made their audience skeptical towards moments like this later on, and cheapened the impact of his potential death in the future

if not, you have a lot of people thinking it was a pointless and unearned death of the character

Kyou

if not, you have a lot of people thinking it was a pointless and unearned death of the character
I like that, it's what's been missing from TWD for a long time. I miss interesting characters with lots of story to tell being randomly offed. It keeps you on your toes.

a916

Just caught up with tonight's episode... that was a very poignant death because for a while, we all assumed the main cast was safe. This kind of keeps the tension up much like Game of Thrones where anyone can die at any point.

I'm kind of glad they killed off one of the core members, but it's sad that it's such a bad ass character.

(also, for real, Morgan needs to get offed... dude is a moron)

if he's still alive, they pulled a ridiculously lame move, made their audience skeptical towards moments like this later on, and cheapened the impact of his potential death in the future

They haven't done that yet... so it's a one use only (or did they?...)

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

At first I was like goddammit a pizza delivery dude shouldn't die like this but then on a 2nd look...Glen pulls that dude close to him as they fall down together...

I like that, it's what's been missing from TWD for a long time. I miss interesting characters with lots of story to tell being randomly offed. It keeps you on your toes.

It's what has me leaning towards him surviving, though. I don't see them just flipping a switch and deciding to start doing that out of the blue. If it's not a mid-season/season premiere/finale and a major character seems like they're dead, I call bullshit.

That, and a general rule of thumb for television is that unless you see their corpse or their outright death, assume a character is still alive.

IrishNinja

it wasn't "pointless"; the fantastic four aren't invincible. Glenn dodged so many bullets before, show wants to remind you pretty much anyone can get got & pull the rug out from under you...the book does this constantly

Lets say Glenn is dead.

Now who is going
to take his place when Negan bashes someones head in

If he lives he is one lucky SOB.

my money is on Abraham, or if they really have balls/want some red wedding shit? Daryl

How the hell can anyone think Glen survived? They were fucking eating his guts.

denial

Okay I watched the Glenn bit again and a few things which make lean towards Glenn not being dead:
1) when they fall, you see Glenn pull Nicholas on top of him
2) the blood comes from off-camera, below Glenn's chest
3) though you see zombie hands on Glenn's chest, they never rip his shirt or his skin on-camera

Regardless, these last two episodes have been some of the best Walking Dead of any season. The pacing, plotlines, and character arcs have really come together in a way they rarely have before.

You know, I would've thought though that after the prison Rick would've learned you can't get comfortable in the apocalypse and big plans and building a safe place are doomed to failure.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
How the hell can anyone think Glen survived? They were fucking eating his guts.

glen pulls the other dude in a cuddle position as they fall and if glen was getting eaten out wouldnt he start coughing/spewing his blood? but then again he could be dead so lets all wait next sunday for confirmation

it wasn't "pointless"; the fantastic four aren't invincible. Glenn dodged so many bullets before, show wants to remind you pretty much anyone can get got & pull the rug out from under you...the book does this constantly

my money is on Abraham, or if they really have balls/want some red wedding shit? Daryl

denial

They were pulling intestines out of his chest tho... I mean, if we're going to call denial, you at least have to acknowledge that the strongest aspect of the show, gore effects, made a giant boner mistake in a major scene.
I feel him living is more likely than that...
plus there's straight up spoilers up the page that show him alive past this point... you're not anti spoiling people are you? If so, sorry for interfering.

IrishNinja

They were pulling intestines out of his chest tho... I mean, if we're going to call denial, you at least have to acknowledge that the strongest aspect of the show, gore effects, made a giant boner mistake in a major scene.
I feel him living is more likely than that...
plus there's straight up spoilers up the page that show him alive past this point... you're not anti spoiling people are you? If so, sorry for interfering.

exactly, he's so dead - like, if that was somehow nicholas on top of him, it's a cheap pump-fake

and yeah i saw that spoiler pic, but who's to say he's not around for a flashback or haunting rick or something? it's been done

I'd love to think that, I really would, but this show needs to show and prove for me to be of that mindset. They haven't really pulled a move like this up to this point, so I have no reason to believe he's dead until I see a motherfucker feasting on his definitive corpse, and not Nicholas'.

glen pulls the other dude in a cuddle position as they fall and if glen was getting eaten out wouldnt he start coughing/spewing his blood? but then again he could be dead so lets all wait next sunday for confirmation

Going by the previews I wouldn't be surprised if next week's episode is
all purely about Morgan catching up with the main crew, and we don't get any answers until two weeks from now

Hell, I bet they do just that as a buffer for people to cool down for when they pull the reveal that Glenn survived.

I'm going to be so mad when Glenn isn't dead. Leaving the whole crowd devastated deliberately for a week. If you're going to pull an incredibly cheesy trick like that you need to resolve it in the same episode. Only anger will come from this, from all sides. Should have just done it without any ambiguity. Christ. Be bold!

Now watch someone people actually care about get killed next week and then we'll be (understandably) upset when they don't get a magical out as well.

exactly, he's so dead - like, if that was somehow nicholas on top of him, it's a cheap pump-fake

and yeah i saw that spoiler pic, but who's to say he's not around for a flashback or haunting rick or something? it's been done

How can you have a flashback when Glenn hasent met a character yet that we havent seen yet?

It's a cheap pump fake, that's what I'm calling. Walking Dead has done it before, they'll do it again, and I'm okay with that. Cast is a little shakey without Glenn.

I really can't believe there's anyone that thinks Glenn is dead. Do these people watch television?

There's no point to him dying away from every other character and losing all of their reactions, it would be a big moment.

There's no point to having another person die right on top of him unless its to manufacture some reason for his escape(as stupid as it is).

There's no reason to leave it in question unless he is alive.

IrishNinja

^it's not really a question, and it's not pointless just cause not everyone was around to witness it...cmon

How can you have a flashback when Glenn hasent met a character yet that we havent seen yet?

i don't know, maybe that pic isn't from a given scene & he's just around for the pic? maybe rick is tripping balls when the aliens show up and he just sees him there? guess we'll find out

if ya'll hopeful aeris-isnt-really-dead dudes are right though, im gonna feel cheated, honestly - don't get me wrong, i'm still really upset at the loss, but if it's an elaborate pump-fake, ugh

It's a cheap pump fake, that's what I'm calling. Walking Dead has done it before, they'll do it again, and I'm okay with that. Cast is a little shakey without Glenn.

maaan i hope you're wrong, i just can't see it. there wasn't enough room for a body to've been on top of him...nevermind he's fucked either way with that huge crowd about

also which prior pump fake are you referencing? and i know there's a glenn-sized whole now but the cast is widely expanding, and if we're following the book, it's gonna do so exponentially

raindoc

]https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12042956_396469417229945_3227713669606529650_n.jpg?oh=343fe2cd955451a1719e464e1780c416&oe=56C4D427

ROFL. You can't spoiler tag embeded images.

Re: Glenn (pure speculation on my part): Nicholas' body landed on Glenn, that's what the Walkers were munching on. Glenn survives by playing dead drenched in guts and blood.

But they weren't his guts

Everything about that scene was off, and would have been such a shit way to kill a main character

I don't agree actually... i think that was actually a great death for Glenn. He fell victim to his own overly nice, out going ways. Cause he always to risk his life for everyone, save even a dirtbag like Nick. And nothing came of his sacrifice, it was all for not.
It's all dark and moody in all the best ways. Unfortuneately, Glenn actually dieing at this point seems like it's going to lead to really annoying plot twists to me. Mainly, I don't want to see another depressed Maggie arc, not so soon. That character is way more interesting being a badass, than being in constant mourning.

^it's no
maaan i hope you're wrong, i just can't see it. there wasn't enough room for a body to've been on top of him...nevermind he's fucked either way with that huge crowd about

also which prior pump fake are you referencing? and i know there's a glenn-sized whole now but the cast is widely expanding, and if we're following the book, it's gonna do so exponentially

I'm guessing he crawls under the dumpter.
As for your question, I feel like every season there's a scene where it's like 'oh shit, Daryl's gonna die!'.... then he just escapes the situation easily. Also, there was the scene where Tyreese got swarmed by zombies, but just ended up getting away without a scratch. And, the prisoner in season 3 Rick left to die with the zombies, who actually survived and released zombies out of revenge.
Truthfully, this is much larger scale and more dramatic than those, but it feels well within the wheel house to me.

What did talking dead say? I'm falling under the camp that Glenn is alive. Looks like next week's episode is a flashback so we won't know definitively for awhile.

SamuraiX-

Rewatching the scene again, Glenn's supposed "stomach" that is being torn open is completely uneven with his head. It's way too raised off the ground.

Well played, Gimple. You had me for a damn good while there!

We're smarter than this, people. Aren't we? Glenn is 100% alive and your only excuse for believing otherwise is if this was the first episode of TV you've ever watched in your entire life. Not sure how he'll survive, it's kinda total bs, but he'll make it out.

Weak episode overall after two strong ones. Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom