• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobor

If Glenn is alive, this better be his fucking wake up call. He needs to toughen up and quit giving morons second and third chances.

If he's dead, then he deserves it.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
If Glenn lives it's really going to make the zombies look even less threatening. I mean you're going to tell me that Glenn can lay there screaming with a giant pack of zombies all around him and not one of the fuckers can manage to bite his legs,arms, neck or even face? This could very well turn out to be the biggest bullshit moment of the show and that's saying a lot.

If Glenn lives it's really going to make the zombies look even less threatening. I mean you're going to tell me that Glenn can lay there screaming with a giant pack of zombies all around him and not one of the fuckers can manage to bite his legs,arms, neck or even face? This could very well turn out to be the biggest bullshit moment of the show and that's saying a lot.
Prepare to be upset. Doesn't help that it seems like he slammed his head on the concrete when he fell. I can't wait for the explanation.

Yeah, I don't buy the Glenn death thing. I mean, main characters usually get a moment of farewell and such. This one just sounds too cliffhangerish... especially with next week episode being dedicated to Morgan.

CoryCubed

Why can't it be new blood? New blood is already has the infection to. They can already smell you. The main problem if him being alive on the ground, is we have seen zombies munching down to the bone, and with all the ones there, it's going to be a while before they lose interest. Either has to be a false vision, or the herd is led away somehow quick.

kingkitty

Either Glenn dies a lame, depressing death

or the show cops out by having Glenn escape because of reasons.

I mean, I'd be happy if Glenn lived...but it would be some lazy writing.

Laieon

Guy who fell on Glenn gets blood and guts all over Glenn. Glenn's axe body spray scent is now masked. Zombies are only attracted to guys with axe body spray, therefore they ignore him. He doesn't get bitten for reasons.

Pakman

I dunno... I want to believe Glenn somehow survives but I have a gut feeling it isn't the case. Especially with the scene that plays out before he leaves for the feed building. He makes that radio call to Rick and calls Rick, "dumbass". Seems to bring it all full circle on that alone.

I think the reason for the odd death is because he'll be back as a walker. Maggie will find out he's dead, there will be a series of flashbacks building up all the 'Glenn is great' feel good moments (there really hasn't been many meaningful Maggie + Glenn moments recently), and Maggie has to kill walker Glenn... That or walker Glenn gets Maggie...

Red Mage

I really don't understand what they were going for here. Either they fake everyone out for needlessly drama or they risk alienating fans with darkness-induced apathy. While I have no problem with them killing a character in a random episode, it has to make some sense, plot-wise. No matter which ends up happening, it's going to come off as violating the hard and fast rule that fiction must make sense.

Don't believe it, all main character deaths have gotten huge focus and made extremely gory or clear so that there was no doubt they were dead. This all screams fake out

I really don't understand what they were going for here. Either they fake everyone out for needlessly drama or they risk alienating fans with darkness-induced apathy. While I have no problem with them killing a character in a random episode, it has to make some sense, plot-wise. No matter which ends up happening, it's going to come off as violating the hard and fast rule that fiction must make sense.

To be honest, even if Glenn is one of my favorite character, I dont feel like this death doesnt make sense. Then again, he is the guy who always tries to save people, to do the right thing and never give up. And it would be a cold death if it was what brought him down.
A cold death for a cheerful guy is kinda harsh and memorable one.

But.. I dont think he's dead either. Then again, they didnt built much moment around it, but more suspens. Usually, the death of central characters brings a lot of moments, building up with other characters and such.

For now, it just screams a lazy: "Find out what happens in the next episode... after the next episode which just smells like "filler"."

Don't believe it, all main character deaths have gotten huge focus and made extremely gory or clear so that there was no doubt they were dead. This all screams fake out

Yup. They usually make it really dramatic and long, with a farewell moment.

graffix13

If Glenn is alive then I hope for the season finale Rick develops his mutant power of supersonic flight and then maybe Daryl can shoot laser beams out of his fingers. I mean, why the fuck not at this point?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
if he is alive it has to be a vision it cant be him getting up after his entire stomach ripped open and his intestines ripped out you cant get up from that

Rick just cut his hand right?
It looked like he was contemplating saying something serious to Daryl on the radio before he was attacked.
Also how closely is this sticking to the comics?
If it is sticking too closely then it surly can't be so exciting if everyone clued in knows whats coming up! I would find that boring!

bill0527

Glenn's dead.

Any future appearances will be flashbacks and hallucinations and shit from Maggie as she tries to cope.

Similar to what Rick went through when Lori died.

dork

Banned
Glenn even called rick a dumbass, hes dead. Even if the dude fell on top and got ripped threw, eventually they would have got to glenn, his face was wide out in the open. Hes dead

I honestly don't care where they go with it, this was a good episode. If they choose to leave Glenn dead or bring him back I will be happy.

If only my boy Tyreese was still around, he would have been able to handle that whole damn zombie pit on his own.

WV7ANSS.gif

lol god, they're never consistent with how weak/strong zombies are on this show. One second they're as weak as pudding when you stab em, making it easy to pull the knife out of 30 different zombies in one horde. The next second they have enough power to rip a man in half.

The assumption is that if he is alive then it was Nick's body getting torn apart with Glenn under it.

When I first saw him fall I was thinking this. "Oh god how is he gonna get out of this one, though maybe the guy on top of him will mask his scent." and I was wondering why intestines were being pulled from his chest, it looked weird, so I wont be surprised if this is actually what happened.

Bandit1

I remember hearing about this back at Comic-con, an interview where the cast members discuss who they miss most and -

Norman Reedus says "Glenn"

It's at the end if you just want to watch the last twenty seconds or so, maybe Reedus knew there was going to be a psych-out, and he's just screwing with fans?

SamuraiX-

I've been seeing a lot of people be a little too loose with spoiler tags.

ALL material from the comic should be spoiler tagged. Whether or not we've passed the point where some events could come to fruition in the show or not. That includes events that look less likely to happen but could still potentially happen in the future on the show.

Please be more considerate to those who haven't read the comic.

A few things. One, while the guy was definitely bigger, whether or not he was stronger than Michonne is incredibly debatable, although I am leaning towards "nah." Also, he was already bit, who knows how painful that was and how much it was effecting his movement / ability to climb. Third, the guy with the glasses was only shooting at the zombies on Michonne's side, which is what gave her the opportunity to climb up.

None of that made a lick of difference, considering we saw them both getting pulled towards the horde and the guy didn't seem to be in any pain. Like I said, characters have plot armor when the plot demands it.

It's at the end if you just want to watch the last twenty seconds or so, maybe Reedus knew there was going to be a psych-out, and he's just screwing with fans?

I'm almost certain that they are. The amount of hand-wringing on the Talking Dead episode was hilarious. The fact that they had a therapist as a special guest to discuss it, like they knew fans were going to be traumatized. The fact that Glenn doesn't appear in the Memoriam segment, nor did Steven Yeun appear on the program. (For reference, Judith wasn't listed in the Memoriam segment after she was supposedly eaten in "Too Far Gone".) That hilarious letter from the producer - "Glenn as a whole or pieces of Glenn". All the obvious foreshadowing in the episode itself (the callback to Glenn's first conversation with Rick, the pocketwatch, the "I might die here today" foreshadowing).

They know what they're doing. Anyone who's watched the show long enough and knows the tricks they've pulled in the past see right through it.

Downhome

I remember hearing about this back at Comic-con, an interview where the cast members discuss who they miss most and -

Norman Reedus says "Glenn"

Ha, I forgot about that. They really have been setting the stage for this mystery for a long time.

RS4-

re: Rick's hand. I don't remember the dumb rules for TWD and blood, but since the machete was in some dudes head, and Rick grabbed it, is Rick not infected in some way? Isn't that why they wore masks etc to stop blood splatter.

Not like they cared later on anyway with blood spraying all over the place.

And Ninja Zombies are fucking dumb.

Laieon

lol god, they're never consistent with how weak/strong zombies are on this show. One second they're as weak as pudding when you stab em, making it easy to pull the knife out of 30 different zombies in one horde. The next second they have enough power to rip a man in half.

Maybe some zombies hit the gym every now and then.

I'm sure this has already been pointed out ITT, but - just in case - I will spoiler-tag it:

(Set photo spoilers):
What about the set photo with Steven Yeun in costume with Tom Payne, the guy who will supposedly be playing Jesus? I mean, there's a pretty clear photo that shows Yeun, in character, with Payne, in character, as well as other cast members, who are all also in character. Jesus isn't expected to show up until later in the season, so isn't this a fairly obvious indication of Glenn's fate?

Yeah there is no way he is dead. In the shot of him getting 'eaten' his guts are right below his head, which makes then believe it's actually Nicholas' body as he fell right on top of Glenn.

I hope.

Fury451

Banned

Yep. Needless drama is pretty standard for the show I felt though. Dragging out the resolution of the prison thing needlessly for another half-season is where I pretty much gave up.

I'm sure this has already been pointed out ITT, but - just in case - I will spoiler-tag it:

(Set photo spoilers):
What about the set photo with Steven Yeun in costume with Tom Payne, the guy who will supposedly be playing Jesus? I mean, there's a pretty clear photo that shows Yeun, in character, with Payne, in character, as well as other cast members, who are all also in character. Jesus isn't expected to show up until later in the season, so isn't this a fairly obvious indication of Glenn's fate?

(Filming spoilers)
Apparently he was seen filming as late as Friday too. He's definitely not dead.

riotous

Banned

(Set photo spoilers):

Wait.... wut?

MaddenNFL64

Glenn has to be dead. If he fucking somehow makes it out of this clusterfuck, fuck this show. He dead.

Also, Rick was badass with the 5 wolf killstreak. Thanks again, Morgan!

ViciousDS

Banned
Yep. Needless drama is pretty standard for the show I felt though. Dragging out the resolution of the prison thing needlessly for another half-season is where I pretty much gave up.

The journey to terminus was half a needless fucking season and then they blow it up in 20 minutes. That was worse.

Just watched the clip of Glenn's death.

a) No way he's dead. The entrails/stomach tearing don't match with where his head is positioned

b) That's...pretty emotionally manipulative, even for this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom