• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maggie finds Glenn walker. Maggie has to make the difficult decision to kill Glenn walker.

The end.
maggie has sex with glenn walker

maggie has walker/living baby. Fast forward to the future and the hybrid beings are immortal and fully functional. Maggie and Glenn saved the future of humanity for all of eternity.

~fin

EmiPrime

I find it difficult to imagine a scenario where Glenn doesn't get Lori'd. Him managing to get away without a zombie taking a chunk out of one of his legs so he can get back to Alexandria for a final farewell seems a bit far fetched.

Fear has already concluded its first season? I thought that they took a break to make way for TWD, but Wikipedia says not.

Note: I'm still two episodes behind!

Cystm

This episode was some bullshit.

Comic Spoilers:
Having said that, this is better than Negan, Lucille, and Glenn. Better this way for me.

dustyherb

So I have a little theory about Morgan, the wolf he seemed to knock out and what it could be leading to from the comic. Comic spoilers
So I have always believed that Morgan is going to be Negan's first victim and things I've noticed are starting to make it seem like they could definitely be heading that way. We know in the comics that Rick doesn't end up killing Negan and in the show this idea could all stem from Morgan. We see that he mentions that Alexandira has a cell in the first episode of the season. Says they could have put Pete there instead of killing him. What if Rick sparing Negan and locking him up all comes from honoring Morgan's memory and doing what he would do? Sure a lot of people might think Glen and Daryl would be a better, more impactful choice. And honestly they definitely would be, but Morgan taking the death makes a little more sense to the overall story and could explain why Rick goes back to his not killing policy.

So I have a little theory about Morgan, the wolf he seemed to knock out and what it could be leading to from the comic. Comic spoilers
So I have always believed that Morgan is going to be Negan's first victim and things I've noticed are starting to make it seem like they could definitely be heading that way. We know in the comics that Rick doesn't end up killing Negan and in the show this idea could all stem from Morgan. We see that he mentions that Alexandira has a cell in the first episode of the season. Says they could have put Pete there instead of killing him. What if Rick sparing Negan and locking him up all comes from honoring Morgan's memory and doing what he would do? Sure a lot of people might think Glen and Daryl would be a better, more impactful choice. And honestly they definitely would be, but Morgan taking the death makes a little more sense to the overall story and could explain why Rick goes back to his not killing policy.
comic spoils:
I agree that thematically that kind of works but it also works if Morgan is witness to another man beating one of his friends to death mercilessly. The humanity he's clinging to is lost, etc... but your idea works better thematically because we've already seen humanity losing every other episode. BUT like you said glenn or daryl would be so impactful it's hard not to do that but I could see it being morgan who goes.

Comic spoilers:
That happens in the comics. Rick keeps Negan locked for years, rather than kill him.

dustyherb

Comic spoilers:
That happens in the comics. Rick keeps Negan locked for years, rather than kill him.
Comic spoilers
Yep exactly, I'm saying tho that in the show maybe Rick does it because Morgan dies from Negan and Rick is trying to honor his friends memory by doing what he would do. Which would be not killing him. I always found Rick not killing Negan in the comic to be a little stupid because the dude beat pretty much his best friend's head in. Granted Morgan isn't his best friend in the show that would be Daryl pretty much. But if Morgan dies it gives a more valid reason in the long run for Rick to not kill him.

Looks like I missed some of season 5. I remember them going to Alexandria. "Rick and others have a difficult time assimilating into Alexandria" sounded right but I turn it on and shit is going down somewhere else with Lennie James. Dafuq.

dustyherb

comic spoils:
I agree that thematically that kind of works but it also works if Morgan is witness to another man beating one of his friends to death mercilessly. The humanity he's clinging to is lost, etc... but your idea works better thematically because we've already seen humanity losing every other episode. BUT like you said glenn or daryl would be so impactful it's hard not to do that but I could see it being morgan who goes.
Comic spoilers
i think that's the biggest issue with my theory is that there are other people who would be much more impactful and would make the audience hate Negan even more. And if Morgan is used I'm sure some people will say they cheated their way out of the situation by not using an original person from the Atlanta group. But his stupid no death policy just makes it seem like it's the perfect opportunity to have that be why Rick spares Negan.

Next episode should be pretty good. Gimple is writing it.

Some examples of episodes he's done in the series

Save the Last One (Shane kills Otis to save Carl episode)
Pretty Much Dead Already (Zombie-Sophia in the barn episode)
Clear (That Morgan episode in S3)
The Grove (Carol/twin storyline from S4)
A (S4 Finale. Claimers stuff, Rick goes apeshit)

UberTag

Just imagine how (Comic spoilers)
this thread would freak out as Negan is eenie-meenie-miney-mo'ing and it looks like he's going to choose Glenn...and then he chooses someone else
Ripping that scene in two to get a cliffhanger would be the really offensive thing IMO.
They won't cliffhanger that scene. That much is certain. (Comic AND TV spoilers)

Main reason being that the only way to kill off anyone noteworthy in the show and not have it leaked out via spoilers that "x character has been killed off" is to do it during the season finale. Too much intel gets leaked during filming that it's self-evident when someone is dead and when someone isn't. See this past week for a perfect example of that situation.

Negan's going to Lucille someone in the S6 finale and we WILL see it and know who the victim is. The only thing you can truly take to the bank is that it won't be Glenn. And it's probably going to be Morgan.

comic spoilers
as much as I don't like it... you're probably right. With the 90min bottle episode, and that its "safe" - It just seems like such a cop-out to me.

LaNaranja

Maggie finds Glenn walker. Maggie has to make the difficult decision to kill Glenn walker.

The end.

Or they could have Maggie find him and then give her (COMIC SPOILERS)
Carol's death

I really need to keep reading the comics. I only read the first compendium. I noticed compendium 3 is out now so I have a lot to catch up on.

Daryl is turning into a wimp, anyway.
well he's done barely anything this season so far,
but we know based on the trailer that he gets captured by some group of people. i don't think it's the wolves coz they look a little cleaner & got guns.

Cystm

Better for you maybe, but a much lamer death. And less impactful.

I just can't deal with that shit. I can't. I was expecting them to alter things in a way that would keep Glenn in the series until the end. This caught me by surprise, and I would rather not go through the comic stuff.

LifEndz

Team dead.

Dude is in a moshpit of zombies with fresh meat on the table, shocked and bewildered. If he makes it out alive, this show will have jumped the shark. I mean, armed surivors surrounded by other armed survivors in a controlled situation get their shoulders bit by ninja zombies, and we're gonna have to suspend our disbelief when an unarmed guy on the floor with a dead person and a hundred zombies makes it out alive unscathed?

I agree with you completely, but they're going to do it. Glenn's alive and the way he survives this situation is going to be so terrible I'm also giddy to see how bad it will be.

Baleoce

Not that I'm staking a bet on it but, I did think it slightly odd that they didn't make Glenn's scene the end of the episode.

Laughlin

Content Roundup – Episode 603: “Thank You”

OhzNyfj.jpg

Do you think they'd really have them wear the EXACT same clothes for this scene?

I think he's alive.

Season 7 Renewal

“We are so proud to share these shows with fans who have been so passionate, communicative and engaged,” said Charlie Collier, president of AMC, SundanceTV and AMC Studios today. “We are grateful for and continually impressed by the talent, effort and excellence on continuous display by Robert Kirkman, Scott Gimple, Chris Hardwick and the many people with whom we partner to make these unique shows possible. The result: More Walking and Talking. Hooray.”

Live + 3 Ratings for Episode 3

Today’s news also comes off a rise in the ratings for TWD earlier this week in Live + Same Day result. In just released Live + 3 numbers, the third episode of Season 6 of The Walking Dead saw 39% and 42% jumps from the Live +SD results. In the delayed viewing ratings, the October 25 TWD got 18.2 million total viewers and 12.0 million among adults 18-49.Up a tick in both categories from the L+3 of third episode of the fifth season, that’s also up 7% in total viewers and 8% among adults 18-49 from the L+3 results of the October 18 episode, the second of the current season.

http://deadline.com/2015/10/walking-dead-renewed-season-7-amc-taking-dead-1201598953/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom