• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pryce

re: Carol leaving, do we think that Negan will capture her (the second time she'll have been captured in as many episodes), or do we think that maybe she'll take over (comic spoiler)
comic-Michonne's storyline and become a pirate? :D

(don't reply with spoilers from leaks or previews pls)

I think that Carol's
getting captured and will get plenty familiar with a certain bat.

SURGEdude

Morgan is the worst thing that ever happened to this show.

He's a total bitch. It's annoying after all the hype that we had to find out he's one of the weakest spineless fucks we've had to endure. And that's saying a lot on this
shit
show.

Bringing down Carol is just jizz on his shitcake.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Havent watched any of the second half yet but I see peeps are still hate-watching tho :)

Disappointed about Denise, but I did enjoy the episode. Great stuff for Rosita, and the Eugene/Abraham dynamic is always fantastic. Poor Carol, too, argh.

In light of the 'The 100' saga (**article spoils the plot if you haven't seen it**), I wonder if killing off Denise will draw any backlash. Relevant excerpt:

I was really disappointed that Denise went out the same way The 100 character did - dying in a lead character's place after having a a romantic/personal epiphany. I had a bit of cringe when Dwight said that he had been aiming for Daryl, as, huh, that sounded familiar! It's a real shame, because Denise does some really awesome and courageous things in the comics. While I know TWD does take no prisoners re: who it kills, but it was a bit unfortunate that an female LGBT character took a straight white male character's adapted death, and was killed by an arrow that was meant for the show's white male lead. With Tara's actress having a baby at the time Ep. 15/16 were filmed, I doubt we'll be seeing Tara's reaction to Denise this season, either.
I know there is another plot related reason for killing Denise - giving Maggie/Glenn a reason to move to Hilltop. Ack.

It's also a bit unfortunate that Eric hasn't had a line all season either, yikes.

Consumer

Possibly the most exciting/tense filler episode to date. This second half isn't stopping for anything. There was more action in today's filler episode than in the entirety of season 2.
(Yes, hyperbole)

A few days ago I accidentally clicked a reddit link for The Spoiling Dead and found out about who's gonna die this episode, and the suspense was killing me. Every scene with the character, I was waiting for a bolt to abruptly penetrate their skull. I'm ashamed to admit I was covering my laptop screen for most of her/his scenes, because I knew I'd jump up like a little bitch.

Also, I love how people are still hating on Morgan just because it's the popular thing to do, despite him being one of the best and most powerful chars on the show. He single-handedly changed the Wolf and now Carol -- 2 people nobody thought would ever change. If you still deny his potential and don't see how powerful a character he is after all that, you're utterly delusional.

Come on she's a doctor...she's smarter than this.

Why is the only doctor on a supply run anyway.
Because why not?

Welp.

Why did they shoot the only unarmed person instead of one of the two with guns who could have fought back?

The illogical shit this show does just to shock people is annoying as hell sometimes.
So why kill her and leave the strongest alive?

Lol chill, this is why we keep watching before reacting -- there's always an explanation.

Dennis arrow to the eye = instant death
Carl bullet to the eye = alive and fine

Lol

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/U...g_02_Could_Carl_have_survived_losing_his_eye?

He's a total bitch. It's annoying after all the hype that we had to find out he's one of the weakest spineless fucks we've had to endure. And that's saying a lot on this
shit
show.

Bringing down Carol is just jizz on his shitcake.

The man lost his son and survived by himself for a long time until he finally had a psychotic break and ended up being brought back from the abyss by another who also knew the futility of murder and the endless cycle of bullshit that comes from it.

But from the tagged spoiler you seem to have a low opinion of the show and like a lot of fans you apparently want everyone to behave like they're from an 80s action movie.

ASIS

Possibly the most exciting/tense filler episode to date. This second half isn't stopping for anything. There was more action in today's filler episode than in the entirety of season 2.
(Yes, hyperbole)

A few days ago I accidentally clicked a reddit link for The Spoiling Dead and found out about who's gonna die this episode, and the suspense was killing me. Every scene with the character, I was waiting for a bolt to abruptly penetrate their skull. I'm ashamed to admit I was covering my laptop screen for most of her/his scenes, because I knew I'd jump up like a little bitch.

Also, I love how people are still hating on Morgan just because it's the popular thing to do, despite him being one of the best and most powerful chars on the show. He single-handedly changed the Wolf and now Carol -- 2 people nobody thought would ever change. If you still deny his potential and don't see how powerful a character he is after all that, you're utterly delusional.

If anything he ruined Carol.

And I didn't even know it was the "popular thing" to hate Morgan, but he's just a completely uninteresting character to me and if what has been happening to carol is due to Morgan's influence, he can rot for all I care.

GavinGT

Banned
Just as I was saying, "just die, lady", she gets an arrow through her head!

Havent watched any of the second half yet but I see peeps are still hate-watching tho :)

This is the first episode of the season in which I feel that the writers have totally regressed back to their antics of season 5.

What supposes to mean that Morgan's look at the end?
That was Carol's house?

It was Carol's house. I'm guessing the look either means he regrets his influence or he's proud of it. Or maybe he wants to catch up with her and leave too.

erawsd

The man lost his son and survived by himself for a long time until he finally had a psychotic break and ended up being brought back from the abyss by another who also knew the futility of murder and the endless cycle of bullshit that comes from it.

But from the tagged spoiler you seem to have a low opinion of the show and like a lot of fans you apparently want everyone to behave like they're from an 80s action movie.

Is it futile? The show is full of examples of bad guys who were spared and they always return to kill others in the group or try their damnedest to.

This is the first episode of the season in which I feel that the writers have totally regressed back to their antics of season 5.

It definitely had that "welp, they're putting a disproportionate amount of focus on this one person so I guess they're dying" vibe a lot of older episodes had.

Oh, and that "we're going to make our characters act uncharacteristically stupid for the purpose of the plot" vibe, too.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The idea that the first thing they want to do after Carol leaves a "I can't kill for you guys anymore, don't follow me, please!" letter is... they want to go find her.

...why? She's capable. She survived on her own before. They know there is someone out there that wants into their base. She's not a person to give such info up... Why not work out her demons and then return with a clear head? Do they take her note as a suicide note?

---

I find it really stupid that Eugene acted as if Abe is worthless to him. Why does ANYONE who'se seen people die before them, do that in this world? "In case this is our last moment, I want you to know, I hate yer guys!"

... really? I guess it makes Rosita look like more of an adult, in the fact she's not holding a grudge in the middle of a firefight.

Speaking of, Rosita is one of the most enjoyable, reasonable people of the extended main cast. She's not overly mean to Eugene, she's not doing many things that are off-mission or foolish (going off on her own was a bit annoying, though), and I generally find her tough demeanor not so hammy and obviously pulling for fandom.

Anywho, poor Denise. Though I question the logic of people to put a resource like a makeshift doctor into the danger zones. Same for Eugene. She probably barely even have time to regret going out there, before being.. just gone.

jett

D-Member
This episode was the usual TWD awfulness until the fatty died.

Glad she died though, really deserved it. And this Carol turn makes zero sense. Is the actress just leaving the show?

I find it really stupid that Eugene acted as if Abe is worthless to him. Why does ANYONE who'se seen people die before them, do that in this world? "In case this is our last moment, I want you to know, I hate yer guys!"

... really? I guess it makes Rosita look like more of an adult, in the fact she's not holding a grudge in the middle of a firefight.

At the standoff it was just Eugene looking for a diversion to get an opening to commence the dick-biting. He even says as much, stating he was "looking for a moment."

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAS EUGENE!
GET THAT DICK...
Wait... wtf am I typing?

Typing what Josh McDermitt wants. ;) That Talking Dead episode right after, you could cut the tension of that teacher desire with a knife.

GavinGT

Banned
It definitely had that "welp, they're putting a disproportionate amount of focus on this one person so I guess they're dying" vibe a lot of older episodes had.

Here's how I picture the writing process for this episode: Someone drew a beginning and an end point on a whiteboard, representing the start and end of the episode. Then they drew in more dots to represent various character and plot beats they wanted to hit. And then they argued for a short time about the most efficient way to connect the dots. But then they were all pretty hungry so they just drew in the first things that came to mind.

Instead of asking, "what would this character do in this situation?", they asked, "how can we make this happen to the character?". Instead of taking the time to set scenes up properly, they just rushed ahead and did whatever would fit into the allotted time. As a result, the characters' motives and actions felt completely forced. Hell, the writing crew's motivations were more clear than the characters' motivations.

bitbydeath

So where's Tara? Did the actress go off to have a baby or something cause I thought she was looking a bit bigger in earlier episodes?

GavinGT

Banned
So where's Tara? Did the actress go off to have a baby or something cause I thought she was looking a bit bigger in earlier episodes?

She was pregnant and they were trying to hide it, so that's probably it.

Also, that other settlement has a doctor, right? I'm guessing they'll have to lean on him for their doctoring needs for a while.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Huh, the 100 actor that bites it and caused the backlash is part of Fear the Walking Dead's cast. Kinda hilarious in hindsight.

Yes. Shortly after the attack on the radio base was filmed, she had her kid. So her "leaving on a run" is her maternity leave.

Comic BOOK SPOILERS
Its kinda funny that Abs actor said he didn't like the way Abraham dies in the comic, because it isnt respectful to the character and all he's been through. Jumping into this episode, they've managed to find a way to spare him from the cheap shot arrow death..I wonder If it would be "respectful" If he ends up getting his face caved in by a bat...Hmmmm

Comic BOOK SPOILERS
Its kinda funny that Abs actor said he didn't like the way Abraham dies in the comic, because it isnt respectful to the character and all he's been through. Jumping into this episode, they've managed to find a way to spare him from the cheap shot arrow death..I wonder If it would be "respectful" If he ends up getting his face caved in by a bat...Hmmmm

To be fair, Kirkman said that incident was one of his biggest regrets in the comic narrative. So it's no surprise it changed in the show.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

This is the problem with discussion about a thoughtful action adventure show that's, let's face it, really just an action adventure show first and foremost to people. They want everyone to act as awesome as possible, and anything more complicated than that alienates people. I expect so much shit for Morgan now that he's "infecting" the group, but we need his type of character around to keep this show from ignoring an entire side of what's happening to the survivors.

jokkir

There's no way that Carol or Daryl dies, it's too obvious.

My prediction is
Morgan. Season 1 character and got really annoying lately.
. Or Carol gets it and they face a reality check or something.

neoism

lol pretty meh filler ep... was totally expecting the that women to die... Carol turning into Morgan 2.0 ....:/

Nameless

This is the problem with discussion about a thoughtful action adventure show that's, let's face it, really just an action adventure show first and foremost to people. They want everyone to act as awesome as possible, and anything more complicated than that alienates people. I expect so much shit for Morgan now that he's "infecting" the group, but we need his type of character around to keep this show from ignoring an entire side of what's happening to the survivors.

Though I heap shit on Morgan and even joke about his death from time to time, I do think the character adds a lot to the show. Lennie James is an amazing actor and elevates any show he's on, and yeah, it is valuable to have a ying to Rick's blood soaked Yang. Morgan and his prison should lead to some interesting, and hopefully thoughtful conflict within the group, while giving some real insight on precisely where people are since they'll now have a real, tangible way out of executing anyone who crosses them.

It did nothing to advance the main plot of the season. The entire episode was this: two inexperienced goobers wanted to go walk somewhere, and one didn't come back.
The Saviors finally drew blood and killed one of our group

Alexandria lost their doctor

The group is going to be manufacturing bullets

Yup, did nothing to advance the main plot

neoism

After all the "me, me, me" and shouting Denise did in this episode I couldn't wait for her to die.

yeah over all a useless character that was better off staying at camp... her being the only "doctor" i was waiting all episode.. i didnt care one bit.. she was a B teir character at best introduced this season. still she had a pretty cool death though.

at least daryl got his bow back.. Kappa

Abraham's one liners were amazing though lol...

neoism

huh? this episode was definitely not filler

only had one S tier character throughout the ep. Rickanator was only in it for one small scene. It was slow paced and didnt further the overall plot.. and a B tier character dies at the end... yup it was filler to me..

Kaze Kyou

It did nothing to advance the main plot of the season. The entire episode was this: two inexperienced goobers wanted to go walk somewhere, and one didn't come back.
I think we need to redefine what constitutes as filler. If we're going by the definition of "deviates from source material" filler, this episode was 100% not.

If we're talking about filler plot wise, I'd say the Saviours' retaliation attack was an advancement of the plot; it was their next move in the game of zombie chess. Each time the stakes gets higher, and the saviours taking out one of the survivors showed that.

Filler is more like Morgan's story with Eastman. Not in the comics, and only served to explore his character.

Away, hopefully.

I don't even understand her character anymore as of last week's episode.
What's so hard to understand? The weight of all the kills she's done is heavy on her, she saw a glimpse of the kind of person she could become/is becoming, and she's scared/worried of losing that human side of herself.

only had one S tier character throughout the ep. Rickanator was only in it for one small scene. It was slow paced and didnt further the overall plot.. and a B tier character dies at the end... yup it was filler to me..
I would go ahead and try to explain why I disagree with y'all but the Badass mod already explained it better than I ever could've.
I had dibs...

lol

lol

lol

lol

lol

lol

Eugene is a fool.
That he is, but he isn't completely useless.
I think we need to redefine what constitutes as filler. If we're going by the definition of "deviates from source material" filler, this episode was 100% not.

If we're talking about filler plot wise, I'd say the Saviours' retaliation attack was an advancement of the plot; it was their next move in the game of zombie chess. Each time the stakes gets higher, and the saviours taking out one of the survivors showed that.

Filler is more like Morgan's story with Eastman. Not in the comics, and only served to explore his character.
I agree that the Morgan ep was filler, another example is Season 4 episode 12 where the whole episode, although has character development, really accomplishes nothing for the plot from beginning to end. I never even got to watch that episode but I don't have to to know I didn't miss anything.

Denise said Alexandria wasn't that far from the pharmacy, and they didn't even get all they were on the trek back to the parked truck. Saviors are getting damn close. Wonder though if Eugene already broke where Alexandria was.

You know, Rosita is quite...hot.

She is hella hot~~~

Rosita is super, super, SUPER hot. Im so glad she didnt die in this ep.
Im glad Eugene didnt die too. I like that he is such a quirky character. Making his own bullets sounds pretty ambitious, but good luck to him. I think he was pretty lucky to not have gotten his head blown off for that dick bite.
The vet/doctor girl? Whilst I didnt necessarily want her to die, she was getting on my nerves a bit. She took a dumb risk looking for that zombie in the chemist, then another one with the zombie in the car and then finally that lecture she was dishing out at the end. If anyone had to die, Im glad it was her.

Surfinn

How are we supposed to feel for characters who are this willingly idiotic? Denise has literally no survival experience, CONSTANTLY refuses commands from whethered survivors who ALLOWED her to even go, goes off on her own for no conceivable reason, tells Daryl and Rosita they're stupid FOR TRYING TO KEEP HER WITH THEM SO SHE DOESN'T DIE, then gets shot through the eye after being pointlessly melodramatic?

Good riddance. Classic Alexandria moron. This has been the show's downfall this entire season. Stupid characters we don't care about getting screen time and eventually dying.

What's the damn point? You can see why some people consider this filler. What did Denise accomplish as a character? Nothing.

Denise said Alexandria wasn't that far from the pharmacy, and they didn't even get all they were on the trek back to the parked truck. Saviors are getting damn close. Wonder though if Eugene already broke where Alexandria was.
Dwight wouldn't have been pressuring Daryl about it if that were the case.
Rosita is super, super, SUPER hot. Im so glad she didnt die in this ep.
Im glad Eugene didnt die too. I like that he is such a quirky character. Making his own bullets sounds pretty ambitious, but good luck to him. I think he was pretty lucky to not have gotten his head blown off for that dick bite.
The vet/doctor girl? Whilst I didnt necessarily want her to die, she was getting on my nerves a bit. She took a dumb risk looking for that zombie in the chemist, then another one with the zombie in the car and then finally that lecture she was dishing out at the end. If anyone had to die, Im glad it was her.
Agreed with everything you said.

-Yes Rosita is very attractive, but...I don't know why so many of you have insinuated yourselves into thinking she might've died this ep. She's an adept survivor just like the cores of Rick's group.

-Yeah Eugene said and did some pretty cocky, stupid, fucked up shit this episode. I thought he learned his lesson after Abe punched his head off last season but I guess not. Hopefully the message is clear to him now.

-Yeah, she was annoying me too, I think she was also getting pretty cocky (in fact I'm pretty sure Eugene was mentioning that on Talking Dead; it could've been him or her because they're both kinda the same) but she didn't deserve to die. She was useful, just like Eugene, just not outside the fucking walls.

I'm totally ok with Eugene having an awful death by the end of the season. Can't believe the moron thinks he's in the right when he got caught, got one of his people killed and possibly more had they not been so capable in a clear disadvantage. The only hope is that he can teach someone else how to make bullets for the crew before he gets off.

Still annoyed Abraham apologized to him. It made no sense.

Surfinn said:
How are we supposed to feel for characters who are this willingly idiotic? Denise has literally no survival experience, CONSTANTLY refuses commands from whethered survivors who ALLOWED her to even go, goes off on her own for no conceivable reason, tells Daryl and Rosita they're stupid FOR TRYING TO KEEP HER WITH THEM SO SHE DOESN'T DIE, then gets shot through the eye after being pointlessly melodramatic?

Good riddance. Classic Alexandria moron. This has been the show's downfall this entire season. Stupid characters we don't care about getting screen time and eventually dying.

What's the damn point? You can see why sure people consider this filler. What did Denise accomplish as a character? Nothing.
If she wasn't a doctor, I wouldn't feel too bad, but she is. So that's a huge problem. Daryl should not have let her go with them.

So I watched the preview,
So Tara is going to go to hunt them down, isn't she? Probably the crew goes after and the Neagan crew are going to find Alexandria....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom