• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprising Denise died. She escaped it twice during the episode.

I feel bad for not remembering the guy who caught up to them and attacked them/hated Daryl, though.

Carol leaving came out of the blue.

I feel bad for not remembering the guy who caught up to them and attacked them/hated Daryl, though.

Isn't he the guy Daryl actually saved or am I not remembering correctly? He also didn't have a burned face.. I'm assuming Negan burned his face for running away? -_-

Surfinn

I'm totally ok with Eugene having an awful death by the end of the season. Can't believe the moron thinks he's in the right when he got caught, got one of his people killed and possibly more had they not been so capable in a clear disadvantage. The only hope is that he can teach someone else how to make bullets for the crew before he gets off.

Still annoyed Abraham apologized to him. It made no sense.
Eugene is like the only one who can get away with being a coward because of his originality as a character, but I agree.. that was fucked up. Don't want him to die though. Abraham apologizing made no sense.

How would you rank the group in terms of power?

Top Tier

Rick
Shane
Daryl
Morgan
Jesus

Second Tier

Tyreese
Abe
Caryll
Merl
Michonne
Sasha

Third Tier

Glenn
T Dog
Rosita
Bob

Fourth Tier

Maggie
Andrea
Herschel
Carl
Eugene

Crap Tier

Dale
Lori
Beth

dustyherb

only had one S tier character throughout the ep. Rickanator was only in it for one small scene. It was slow paced and didnt further the overall plot.. and a B tier character dies at the end... yup it was filler to me..
That doesn't mean its filler. Filler is what doesn't appear in the source material. And almost the entire episode was straight from the comics just with some characters switched around.

Eugene is like the only one who can get away with being a coward because of his originality as a character, but I agree.. that was fucked up. Don't want him to die though. Abraham apologizing made no sense.
I'm fine with him being a coward, I usually find it ok. But him acting like a badass when he's a complete scrub and having the audacity to ask Abraham to apologize to him when he got one of his people killed..

What's so hard to understand? The weight of all the kills she's done is heavy on her, she saw a glimpse of the kind of person she could become/is becoming, and she's scared/worried of losing that human side of herself.
I think the issue is, and I noticed others have mentioned it the past few weeks is that this sudden fluster of hers is kind of unexpected and out of character, at this point for her character. With everything she's done it's a little hard to believe she'll start questioning it now because of Morgan, especially after she has seen that justifiably Morgan's own ways aren't good for this world.
I will say that Eugene and Abraham on screen was gold. Excellent characters with great chemistry.
Fuck yes.

eloestmn

Definitely did not expect to accidentally read a The 100 spoiler in a Walking dead thread. I just started that show, what the hell.

BBboy20

He we go fellow roamers
Hey!

Daryl is using a badass gun goddamn.
Benelli M4 Super 90.

Why didn't dude that was getting his dick bit just shoot Eugene in the head with his other pistol?
Would you want to shoot your dick off as well?

The problem is its not a legitimate point. She died because she was being loud and not moving forward. Daryl and Rosita are to blame for not shutting her up. Plus Dwight even said he wasn't trying to kill her.
Can we talk about how this came about? Were they being spied? Did Eugine spill the beans on their location/route? Was it pure chance?

Catdaddy

"You knew how to bite a dick, Eugene. I mean that with utmost respect."

*Eugene has leveled up!

May well be the line of the series.. Never change Abe and Eugene...

Isn't he the guy Daryl actually saved or am I not remembering correctly? He also didn't have a burned face.. I'm assuming Negan burned his face for running away? -_-

He's the guy that Daryl met in the woods, who was with a female companion. I believe they were in trouble for running away, and Daryl ended up trying to help them in a firefight, but the guy stole his crossbow and bike.

That's who I thought he was, but my memory was a bit fuzzy because it sucks. I'm glad I was right.

I just looked it up on YouTube.

"You knew how to bite a dick, Eugene. I mean that with utmost respect."

*Eugene has leveled up!

May well be the line of the series.. Never change Abe and Eugene...
-Mother dick.

-Loose ends make my ass itch.

-Why are dingle berries brown? It's just the way shit is.

-When you were pouring syrup on the pan, were you trying to make pancakes?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
How would you rank the group in terms of power?

Top Tier

Rick
Shane
Daryl
Morgan
Jesus

Second Tier

Tyreese
Abe
Caryll
Merl
Michonne
Sasha

Third Tier

Glenn
T Dog
Rosita
Bob

Fourth Tier

Maggie
Andrea
Herschel
Carl
Eugene

Crap Tier

Dale
Lori
Beth

Hmmm...I would Carol and Michonne in Top Tier, maybe Abe too. Take Jesus out, because he's only been in a few episodes. Move Rosita to Second Tier, add in Aaron as well, this might be where Jesus is at...or Third Tier. I would move Andrea to Third Tier, along with Tara. Fourth Tier would include Denise because she's the Doc, and would move Lori up to Fourth Tier as well, and move T Dog down there as well. Father Gabriel would move here as well, since he is making great improvement. Deanne would be in Fourth Tier as well, same with Spencer. Rick's new family along with Edith in Crap Tier.

dustyherb

Can we talk about how this came about? Were they being spied? Did Eugine spill the beans on their location/route? Was it pure chance?
I'm thinking both groups that were out were being spied/tracked. Dwight said something about Alexandria looking like a nice place or whatever he said. So they were probably being followed as soon as they left home.

Edit: rewatching the scene Dwight says, "your going to let us in your complex, it looks just beautiful in there."

So obviously the saviors have been spying on them.

Sora_N

I can't remember who he is at all too even after wikipedia.

ElyrionX

Wait. Who the hell is that guy who attacked Darryl? I watch this series religiously and someone that the show writers think I should know pops up and I don't recognise him?

Also is Carol reappearing later going to be some kind of deus ex machina thing again?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Denise's death did feel a lot like the writers were trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, felt like a contrived way to work with the theme of rookie frustration . Anyone remember her from Michael Clayton? Her few minutes of screen time were super memorable to me.

Wait. Who the hell is that guy who attacked Darryl? I watch this series religiously and someone that the show writers think I should know pops up and I don't recognise him?

Also is Carol reappearing later going to be some kind of deus ex machina thing again?

He had half of his face burnt off since the last time we saw him, so that might be why you don't recognize him.

Remember the diabetic girl that died a really stupid death by lying down with some dormant walkers? Dwight was the guy traveling with that girl.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Always_Accountable

Don't worry, I had the same problem. Or maybe we should both be worrying. I think too much time had passed from that episode....plus it didn't feel very memorable at the time.

Prologue

Will tune in but really disliking what they're doing with Carol. She didn't even kill anyone that hasn't deserved it.

Have this moment after burning Karen? Sure. But after those cannibals and the wolves that attacked home? Just seems like a silly plot device.

Zalasta

Such a contrived death. Spent most of the episode having Denise make stupid decisions putting herself in danger, telegraphing her demise, then when it actually happened all I can think of was what a stupid, senseless way to die. Whatever backstory or meaning they tried to cram into her character just felt like a wasted effort. Having her and Eugene trying to prove themselves in the same episode is just way too much, we get the point! Let's not even talk about the disservice they did to Carol, and I don't really care for her all that much.

ElyrionX

He had half of his face burnt off since the last time we saw him, so that might be why you don't recognize him.

Remember the diabetic girl that died a really stupid death by lying down with some dormant walkers? Dwight was the guy traveling with that girl.

Don't worry, I had the same problem. Or maybe we should both be worrying. I think too much time had passed from that episode....plus it didn't feel very memorable at the time.

Hmmm. I didn't even know that guy was with Negan.

And where was Tara when thry buried Denise?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Well it is kind of implied since Darryl found his bike with the Negan group they massacred. Also Tara has been on a run with Heath for two weeks. (She's Pregnant, and Heath might have been doing Straight Outta Compton?)

I feel better now. I thought it would just be me. My memory sucks, so there's that. Kind of glad I'm not alone.

It was from episode six of this season. Daryl met the guy and his girlfriend or some female at least, in the forest.

I remembered the scene, but wasn't 100% sure it was him. Didn't remember the burned face, or what he looked like.

Overall, though, I was disappointed in that episode. It's the worst one so far this season. The repeating opening was interesting stylistically, but wasn't done as well as it could have been.

Amikami

Banned
Will tune in but really disliking what they're doing with Carol. She didn't even kill anyone that hasn't deserved it.

Have this moment after burning Karen? Sure. But after those cannibals and the wolves that attacked home? Just seems like a silly plot device.

She didn't have time to think during the prison, or during terminus. two whole months of relative peace in Alexandria gave her time to think about all those kills and Sam's death, which definitely had the impact on her. It was a small straw but it broke her even though she didn't directly contribute to his death. She feels guilty for that. We saw a small inkling of that back when the wolves attacked too. Remember at the end of that episode when she wiped the "W" off of her forehead and just sat there looking distraught that she was as vicious, arguably more so, than the wolves she had finished killing. It's not an issue of whether the killings are justified. They are justified and she's admitted as much to Maggie and Daryl. It's the fact that she's capable of so much...that she can be that monster. That scares the shit out of her. It's unfortunate that she's having this moment now of all times though. I don't like the direction at all but I can understand it. More so than I can understand Morgan's "All life is precious" shit.

Dwight was on the run last time we saw him. Maybe he was trying to get away from Negan and the burn was his punishment.

I think the issue is, and I noticed others have mentioned it the past few weeks is that this sudden fluster of hers is kind of unexpected and out of character, at this point for her character. With everything she's done it's a little hard to believe she'll start questioning it now because of Morgan, especially after she has seen that justifiably Morgan's own ways aren't good for this world.
Fuck yes.
Tbh, Carol's character arcs have all been rather sudden. Her character arc through S3-S5 had a lot of sudden shifts in character as well.

mr.beers

What's the damn point? You can see why some people consider this filler. What did Denise accomplish as a character? Nothing.

Wasn't her whole speech before death about love and too scared to admit it? Meaning Darryl loves Carol. Rosita obviously loves Abe though that one is more troubling with Abe's love for Sasha. Small thing to accomplish for her character I suppose.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
At the standoff it was just Eugene looking for a diversion to get an opening to commence the dick-biting. He even says as much, stating he was "looking for a moment."

I wasn't talking about then. I was talking about in the factory, after Eugene claimed he could kill the rare zombie spawn that was 20 levels above him with abnormal resistances.

His over abundance of pride and inability to see the difference between he and Abe in the combat department just feels forced. Even if he is childish, Abe perfectly speaks back to him. The rift they show just seems TOO strong, his insistency to say "I can fight just as good as you!" and "No need to welcome me, I've been here for a while!" just seem like they're trying to ruin what could be good character development.

I never get this. The fact we saw her keep a list of how many she killed proves that Morgan didn't JUST change her, she's been keeping tally of what she's done for a long time. And then the fact she just faced her reflection in a life-or-death situation not long ago also gets to her.

Really, Carol's arc has been akin to the super-anime-characters that people hate so much, She became the infallible super-woman who always had a plan, was always ahead of her adversaries, and whom we always root for, no matter what she does. (I still think her messing with Rick's GF's son was too far.)

Morgan might have initiated this turn of character for the audience, but someone with her "power" has to face herself sometime.

Her (and the group overall) have short-sighted methodology of simply killing everything that disagrees with them, so they can stay safe. That can't proceed for long. Eventually, it'll either eat them from the outside (people will seek vengeance, just like they often do, and actually win), or the inside (they'll break from doing such inhumane things constantly.)

Tbh, Carol's character arcs have all been rather sudden. Her character arc through S3-S5 had a lot of sudden shifts in character as well.
I started watching from season 4, and in that season she seemed like the character that does what needed to be done even if it is fucked up.

she was also useful in the first half of season 5 too but I didn't really like the facade she was putting on in alexandria. good reflection on her actress, though.
IT'S BISQUICK! >:|
sorry.
I never get this. The fact we saw her keep a list of how many she killed proves that Morgan didn't JUST change her, she's been keeping tally of what she's done for a long time. And then the fact she just faced her reflection in a life-or-death situation not long ago also gets to her.

Really, Carol's arc has been akin to the super-anime-characters that people hate so much, She became the infallible super-woman who always had a plan, was always ahead of her adversaries, and whom we always root for, no matter what she does. (I still think her messing with Rick's GF's son was too far.)

Morgan might have initiated this turn of character for the audience, but someone with her "power" has to face herself sometime.

Her (and the group overall) have short-sighted methodology of simply killing everything that disagrees with them, so they can stay safe. That can't proceed for long. Eventually, it'll either eat them from the outside (people will seek vengeance, just like they often do, and actually win), or the inside (they'll break from doing such inhumane things constantly.)
If you don't get it then I don't know what to tell you man. I've said all that I care to say about her so I don't feel like talking about it anymore. I don't really like the character tbh

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
sorry.If you don't get it then I don't know what to tell you man. I've said all that I care to say about her so I don't feel like talking about it anymore. I don't really like the character tbh

Don't take it personally, ha. I'm just saying... the thought that Carol is changed JUST by Morgan seems juvenile to me. It comes up so much while browsing this thread over the weeks, and it seems more like people want a reason to hate Morgan for NOT being all gung-ho about killing, rather than truly looking at her character as a real human being.

I like the fact the group is working up to getting a real comeuppance after taking so many W's through knee-jerk kills. Should lead to a much more messy conflict of emotions, instead of painting everything they do as just, and the enemies as 100% unfair and cruel. The whole group's been cruel. Carol's killing of people in and around the "Kill Floor" is the kind of thing only videogame protags could do, and come out of unchanged.

And I still don't get how people don't blame her more for the death of Sam and his family. The whole group that was with him could have been killed, and his great fear was mostly inspired not just by him mom's coddling, but also by Carol psychologically attacking the boy.

Pryce

Re-watching it, Denise deserved to die. Almost got killed three times and practically yelling on the tracks right before he death. She also damaged the entire group by leaving Alexandria in the first place as their only doctor. Nothing was lost when she died in terms of a character. Jesus, I hate when characters act stupid. Same with Eugene being a dumbass.

Don't take it personally, ha. I'm just saying... the thought that Carol is changed JUST by Morgan seems juvenile to me. It comes up so much while browsing this thread over the weeks, and it seems more like people want a reason to hate Morgan for NOT being all gung-ho about killing, rather than truly looking at her character as a real human being.

I like the fact the group is working up to getting a real comeuppance after taking so many W's through knee-jerk kills. Should lead to a much more messy conflict of emotions, instead of painting everything they do as just, and the enemies as 100% unfair and cruel. The whole group's been cruel. Carol's killing of people in and around the "Kill Floor" is the kind of thing only videogame protags could do, and come out of unchanged.

And I still don't get how people don't blame her more for the death of Sam and his family. The whole group that was with him could have been killed, and his great fear was mostly inspired not just by him mom's coddling, but also by Carol psychologically attacking the boy.
na I wasn't taking it personally, and I definitely do blame her for the death of Sam, I just haven't been that vocal about it. The fact that she was capable of saying such things to the kid and meant it all (even if it was just to scare him) speaks the volume of what kind of person she'd become.

Amikami

Banned
Huh? Is there usually a second sneak peak outside of the one we see on TD?? Just saw it.
Anyway, probably the last moment of peace before the storm.
The penultimate episode and the finale got me on edge. I'm gunna be so stressed.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
na I wasn't taking it personally, and I definitely do blame her for the death of Sam, I just haven't been that vocal about it. The fact that she was capable of saying such things to the kid and meant it all (even if it was just to scare him) speaks the volume of what kind of person she'd become.

*nod* Agreed. She rarely gets called out on her BS, and is just pained as "awesome!" or such by many, and that's pretty annoying honestly.

Re-watching it, Denise deserved to die. Almost got killed three times and practically yelling on the tracks right before he death. She also damaged the entire group by leaving Alexandria in the first place as their only doctor. Nothing was lost when she died in terms of a character. Jesus, I hate when characters act stupid. Same with Eugene being a dumbass.

Denise was done better in the comics,
even going out.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that had issues with this episode. I think it's the comic's fault. Certain things might work on that medium, but not on tv. Like others have said, it just came as contrived how they went about having Denise die. Also, the Walking Dead seems to have quite a bit of filler episodes this latest half season. I don't know why but this really bothers me, given that this is AMC's biggest show. It just doesn't seem like it. The writers should be striving to turn this into the most badass action show on tv. Most of the time it feels like they get lazy for half hour only to have something happen at the last 10 minutes of the episode.

I been watching since episode 1 and survived the shitfest that was S2, so I'm on it for the long haul at this point. I'm just disappointed because I know this show could be a hell of a lot better. There are no excuses for the kind of sloppiness and laziness in the writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom