• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Yes Rosita is very attractive, but...I don't know why so many of you have insinuated yourselves into thinking she might've died this ep. She's an adept survivor just like the cores of Rick's group.

I thought the show was trying to pull the old "remind the audience who the background character is by giving them screen time they never usually get, and then kill them at the end" trick. Im sure Ive seen it happen before on this show.

He had half of his face burnt off since the last time we saw him, so that might be why you don't recognize him.

Remember the diabetic girl that died a really stupid death by lying down with some dormant walkers? Dwight was the guy traveling with that girl.

I had to go back and check the old episode after reading your post. Initially I thought Dwight one of those bikies that got blown up by Daryls RPG (which would explain his burned face), but he's not.
I vaguely remembered the diabetic girl, but forgot the rest. Its true Dwight was there (s6e6), but he is much different now. In the old episode he told Daryl that he hadnt killed any people (only Walkers) because "theres no going back to the way it was", if he had. That tells me he had a conscience there, but in the latest episode he had no prob killing anyone. Thats a pretty big personality change.
In s6e6, Daryl returned after escaping from the three of them, so he could give them the bag of diabetic meds, (so the girl wouldnt die) and then he helped them escape from the bad guys they were running from too. Daryls reward? After the cute blonde girl gets killed by the melted plastic zombie at the burned out greenhouse, the remaining girl and Dwight steal his crossbow and bike. The two of them were assholes to Daryl after he helped them. I guess Dwight works for Neegan and knows Daryl was involved in that "murder them in their sleep" raid. Thats the only reason he would have to genuinely dislike Daryl after he was kind to the three of them before.

Except Dwight says, "your going to let us in your complex, it looks just beautiful in there." Meaning they were being watched and followed probably as soon as they left Alexandria.
If that's the case, then my fault. Hopefully they can confirm this in the next 2 episodes. It can easily mean that they let them in easily instead of having to fight for it as well, so I hope they give a glimpse (short flashback).

Amikami

Banned
So how long will it actually be? 63min instead of 42min?

Probably...just barely...yeah. There's always a shit ton of adverts during a premiere and finale too. Some advertisers treat TWD like a superbowl. Happy that TWD gets so much attention but it's so annoying.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that had issues with this episode. I think it's the comic's fault. Certain things might work on that medium, but not on tv. Like others have said, it just came as contrived how they went about having Denise die. Also, the Walking Dead seems to have quite a bit of filler episodes this latest half season. I don't know why but this really bothers me, given that this is AMC's biggest show. It just doesn't seem like it. The writers should be striving to turn this into the most badass action show on tv. Most of the time it feels like they get lazy for half hour only to have something happen at the last 10 minutes of the episode.

I been watching since episode 1 and survived the shitfest that was S2, so I'm on it for the long haul at this point. I'm just disappointed because I know this show could be a hell of a lot better. There are no excuses for the kind of sloppiness and laziness in the writing.

It's due to budget reasons. They had a huge episode 9 and 12. It seems as if they will have a big episode 13 and 14 as well...more likely 14 than 13.

silva1991

Lol, I came here to say who the fuck is that guy and obviously I'm not the only one

He's the guy that Daryl met in the woods, who was with a female companion. I believe they were in trouble for running away, and Daryl ended up trying to help them in a firefight, but the guy stole his crossbow and bike.

That's who I thought he was, but my memory was a bit fuzzy because it sucks. I'm glad I was right.

I just looked it up on YouTube.

Oh, that guy

no wonder why alot don't remember him considering he only appeared in 1 episode

Lol, I came here to say who the fuck is that guy and obviously I'm not the only one

Oh, that guy

no wonder why alot don't remember him considering he only appeared in 1 episode

It was set up earlier in the episode when they were talking about if Daryl should have killed the people that stole his bike.

We only have one doc. Let's not keep a good eye on her and have her go on a run with us.

Leave someone behind because of an argument. Because you know, fuck it, I don't care if people die.

Let's leave all my people behind because I can't love anymore.

Guess Carol comes back next week to safe everyone again.

Nameless

Except Dwight says, "your going to let us in your complex, it looks just beautiful in there." Meaning they were being watched and followed probably as soon as they left Alexandria.

You couldn't tell if that meant what you're saying, or if he was basing his statement off the group's healthy, well-kempt appearance. Either way, the shitstorm has officially arrived.

Zaph

Just caught up, and I'm probably covering well-trodden ground, but I really enjoy how the writers find time to mess with comic readers (comic comparison/spoilers)
the alleyway Abraham was walking down towards the beginning of the episode with Eugene was so similar to the one where he caught the bolt I was certain he was about to die. Really makes you wonder who the finale will be - seems like a toss-up between Glenn, Abraham and Morgan.

Also, kinda surprised there was nothing from Tara this episode, especially the burial - it felt cold. I know pregnancy is difficult to shoot around, but no foresight to have something in the can?

bidguy

Banned
so why is that dwight guy suddenly so hostile ? i mean he apologized and drove away with daryl stuff but he seemed sorry for doing that. now he wants to kill him ?

dustyherb

so why is that dwight guy suddenly so hostile ? i mean he apologized and drove away with daryl stuff but he seemed sorry for doing that. now he wants to kill him ?
Well he can't be too happy about his burnt face lol. But also last time we saw him he admitted to Daryl that he hadn't killed any people yet. So the dudes obviously gone through some major shit since last time. Hopefully we get some more info down the road.

Kyou

Also, kinda surprised there was nothing from Tara this episode, especially the burial - it felt cold. I know pregnancy is difficult to shoot around, but no foresight to have something in the can?

Tara is out on a two week run

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

When we first met him he looked like this:

5xKlzz7.jpg

Now he looks like this:

K1K66K4.jpg

So clearly, something has changed him...

I like the guy who plays dwight. TV/Comics:
I'm hope they give him the same story arc on the tv show as in the comic. I'd like to see him stick around.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
One thing about Dwight: Did he and the girl cross paths with Morgan, on his Backstory episode? I remember him running into a man and woman after he left that guy's house.

UberTag

Well he can't be too happy about his burnt face lol. But also last time we saw him he admitted to Daryl that he hadn't killed any people yet. So the dudes obviously gone through some major shit since last time. Hopefully we get some more info down the road.

5xKlzz7.jpg

Now he looks like this:

K1K66K4.jpg

I suspect we'll get a Dwight backstory episode (that people will deem filler) next season.
To illustrate what happens to those who cross Negan.

Nameless

I suspect we'll get a Dwight backstory episode (that people will deem filler) next season.
To illustrate what happens to those who cross Negan.

This was my thinking as well. Wade,
the leader of the Savior group searching for Dwight and the women he escaped with in episode 6, said something like "return what you stole and take your punishment". Plus we saw last week how Chelle had a finger chopped off for stealing gas. Between that and all the kneeling shenanigans Dwight told Daryl about it sounds like Negan uses some sort of brutal medieval/monarchical system or code to his keep people in check. Dude's gonna show up wearing a crown riding a horse isn't he?

I guess I'm in the minority these days, but I still really like Morgan's character. It really adds to the entire group dynamic. I also love Lennie James getting any opportunity to shine with his acting skills. The guy is just awesome.
That said, I do not agree with his beliefs putting an entire community at risk in regards to the Wolves. That was just reckless and I feel like the writers should have made the consequences of his actions greater. *shrug*

I do appreciate that Rick has, in many ways, become the man that he came to despise in Shane. Rick and Shane's conflicts were a highlight to me in the early seasons, but some of the fruits from that conflicting dynamic have lingered and are still growing. Interesting to see.

RIP Denise. She had a lovely heart. Daryl should have fucking known better taking the town's only doctor out. I mean, they ended up scooping up all/most of the drugs anyway, so the whole "I'll know exactly what we need" excuse fell flat anyway. Denise's brain still functioning for that split moment after getting shot, trying to get those other words out... man... that was sad. :/
The posts commenting on her weight (one in particular a page or two ago calling her 'fatty' in particular) and applauding her death are tasteless. I expect those kinds of posts other places, but not here.

This was my thinking as well. Wade,
the leader of the Savior group searching for Dwight and the women he escaped with in episode 6, said something like "return what you stole and take your punishment". Plus we saw last week how Chelle had a finger chopped off for stealing gas. Between that and all the kneeling shenanigans Dwight told Daryl about it sounds like Negan uses some sort of brutal medieval/monarchical system or code to his keep people in check. Dude's gonna show up wearing a crown riding a horse isn't he?

Thanks to all the teasing about Negan in this thread I honestly have so many crazy expectations that I feel like it'll be hard not to be let down when the character is finally revealed. I do enjoy me some (actor spoiler)
Jeffrey Dean Morgan
, though. :)

Nameless

Denise was killed on her first trip beyond the walls by an arrow that wasn't even meant for her. Wonder if she's an Alanis Morrisette fan?

thenexus6

I hate on this show that whenever a character finally shows courage or proves to themselves something, make a serious comment or commitment to someone they very quickly die, or someone close to them does.

It's so boring and predictable.

Ataraxia

How are we supposed to feel for characters who are this willingly idiotic? Denise has literally no survival experience, CONSTANTLY refuses commands from whethered survivors who ALLOWED her to even go, goes off on her own for no conceivable reason, tells Daryl and Rosita they're stupid FOR TRYING TO KEEP HER WITH THEM SO SHE DOESN'T DIE, then gets shot through the eye after being pointlessly melodramatic?

Good riddance. Classic Alexandria moron. This has been the show's downfall this entire season. Stupid characters we don't care about getting screen time and eventually dying.

What's the damn point? You can see why some people consider this filler. What did Denise accomplish as a character? Nothing.

Not everyone in life serves a grand purpose. Not everyone will accomplish something noteworthy. Some characters, like Denise, proved to be stubborn or too ambitious. She knew it was dangerous to leave the compound but wanted to do it anyway. She had a fault. Why are people so quick to judge a show because the writers have the audacity to make a character do something unwise or illogical?

I remember in the Breaking Bad threads the Heisenberg fanboys would get so riled up anytime the writers portrayed him as weak or allowed him to make a mistake. We expect everyone on TV to behave exactly as we think we would behave or else it's filler.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to

He's obviously been through some shit and came out the other side a motherfucker, probably because that's what he had to do to survive.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I hate on this show that whenever a character finally shows courage or proves to themselves something, make a serious comment or commitment to someone they very quickly die, or someone close to them does.

Yeah, not happy they killed Denise off.

Nameless

Also I understand staying consistent with the group's status as seasoned killing machines, but The Saviors are basically the Putty Patrol at this point and got REKT for what, the 4th time last night? Negan is going to have to show up with a force of a 100+ for me to believe they have a shot against Alexandria.

I just now got to watch and scrolling through the last few posts, I'm not sure I want to read everything that went on... but uh, was that Denise's family in the apothecary? Not just something she "found" while driving away, but the family she fled from? Her brother and a niece or nephew? Or did it just dredge up old wounds? Either way, that shit was rough.

Surfinn

Not everyone in life serves a grand purpose. Not everyone will accomplish something noteworthy. Some characters, like Denise, proved to be stubborn or too ambitious. She knew it was dangerous to leave the compound but wanted to do it anyway. She had a fault. Why are people so quick to judge a show because the writers have the audacity to make a character do something unwise or illogical?

I remember in the Breaking Bad threads the Heisenberg fanboys would get so riled up anytime the writers portrayed him as weak or allowed him to make a mistake. We expect everyone on TV to behave exactly as we think we would behave or else it's filler.
Let me ask a question. What purpose did Denise serve? Why did we spend time with her?

jwk94

That happens on a lot of shows, though. In a show like this though, there's courage and then there's stupid. Denise was nothing but stupid in this episode.

Sadist

Carol pls. Stahp. Whatcha doin' girl?

Anyway...

- Why is Abe so based with his oneliners? I can only imagine him, filming these scenes that they burst out laughing every now and then. We need a Walking Dead bloopers reel. Like stat.
- Srsly, you bring along the only person who can give you medical attention on a run and she gets killed? Damnit Daryl.
- Dwight vs. Daryl showdown? Ow yes.
- COMIC SPOILER HERE
Denise dying was sad, but she getting Comic Abrahams death pleases me a lot. I was so bummed out when Abe died back in the comics, it was sudden. Now the Walking Dead always has sudden deaths, but that one pissed me off
- Eugene yooooo. Dude is a survivor. He knows where it hurts.
- COMIC SPOILER HERE
Dwight's new look is because he pissed off Negan by fleeing, but I wonder if the series will make his lady friend be one of Negan's many wives like in the comics. This should create an interesting dynamc.
- About Morgan's prison... COMIC SPOILER
One thing I like about the inclusion of Morgan in the series is that he builds the prison for Negan in season eight. The cell holding Negan after the timeskip just appeared out of nowhere in the comic, but this is a nice forshadowing. I suppose either Morgan stays alive and becomes Negan's warden or Rick will realize after All Out War that Morgan was right and wants to bring justice back by imprisoning him. Can't wait.

I just now got to watch and scrolling through the last few posts, I'm not sure I want to read everything that went on... but uh, was that Denise's family in the apothecary? Not just something she "found" while driving away, but the family she fled from? Her brother and a niece or nephew? Or did it just dredge up old wounds? Either way, that shit was rough.
No. Denise was just startled by the sight of a drowned kid, killed by whomever the zombie was and him/her going insane. Denise was overcome by emotions and just went out. Rosita and Daryl outside told her before they went on the supply run that she wasn't ready yet. Clearly she wasn't.

those who are crying about Carol.

You remember she literally capped a living girl a few seasons ago right? She's killed so much and literally terrorized a small kid to the point where he had a mental breakdown that cost him his death.

She took a look in the mirror and saw she has literally become a monster, a natural human reaction is to not be ok with that, Morgan probably accelerated that process a great deal or even caused a moment of crisis in her mind.

That happens on a lot of shows, though. In a show like this though, there's courage and then there's stupid. Denise was nothing but stupid in this episode.

Denise's actions were within the realm of believability if you consider that she was trying to get the kind of experience she thought she would need to survive. It would be frustrating to be an Alexandrite, living in peace unaware of how fucked up the world is out there, and then once you finally have that illusion broken by Rick's crew of psychopaths, to simultaneously be told "you are too weak and don't understand what it's like out there" and "no you can't come on a run with me because you don't have enough experience."

It's like applying for an entry-level job and only seeing job listings that want 5 years of experience. Like, how am I supposed to get the experience I need if you won't ever let me?

5xKlzz7.jpg

Now he looks like this:

K1K66K4.jpg

holy shit it jut hit me!!! COMIC BOOK SPOILER:

Negan probably took his girl(or was it sister) to his brothel and was burned because she wanted him or he refused to "give" her to him

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Denise's actions were within the realm of believability if you consider that she was trying to get the kind of experience she thought she would need to survive. It would be frustrating to be an Alexandrite, living in peace unaware of how fucked up the world is out there, and then once you finally have that illusion broken by Rick's crew of psychopaths, to simultaneously be told "you are too weak and don't understand what it's like out there" and "no you can't come on a run with me because you don't have enough experience."

It's like applying for an entry-level job and only seeing job listings that want 5 years of experience. Like, how am I supposed to get the experience I need if you won't ever let me?

Ha very well said. I could quibble about the specific dialogue and or acting, but the motivation seems pretty believable. Just look at mullet guy, he's on the same path just further along and or luckier. And possibly better at biting dicks.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom