• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekameohs

Banned
What a pathetic move. This show has never been anything special, but at least they'd try to entertain the audience, instead of jerking them around. A perfect capper to a season of poor production decisions. Sepinwall's gonna be good...!

I'd be so pissed off if it was Aaron, because, eeey, let's kill the guy who hasn't had one line of dialogue with his boyfriend all season!

jond76

Banned
Bold choice and I'm ok with it. Someone is legit dead. We know that.

They really turned the moment into two gut punches. You know someone is dead, but then to find out who at the beginning next season... Gut punch number two.

Sorry instant gratification seekers, you just got a "who shot JR?" moment.

Korigama

Feeling more analytical about this whole thing than angry (rather refreshing after caring far more about stupid decisions they've made in past seasons that legitimately did piss me off). Really would've been a lot more memorable, and actually well-executed, if they had just gotten on with it. That's the entire point of contention with the "wasted tension" complaint: a whole lot of build-up that amounted to absolutely nothing.

But, whatever. They won't lose anyone, the Twitter campaign will be a rousing success, and the gravy train will keep chugging along.

If my family is an indication, the general audience is going to eat this up. It was my parents, grandparents, siblings all watching the show together, and I'm the only one who's read the comics.

They loved it. Were tense the entire episode, sweating, freaking out during the final scene, and entered intense discussion on who died after the credits

that's a bullshit explanation.

YOU LET THE AUDIENCE KNOW SOMEONE WAS DYING. THUS, IT IS PART OF THE STORY. YOU DIDN'T SHOW THE AUDIENCE WHO IT WAS.

If my family is an indication, the general audience is going to eat this up. It was my parents, grandparents, siblings all watching the show together, and I'm the only one who's read the comics.

They loved it. Were tense the entire episode, sweating, freaking out during the final scene, and entered intense discussion on who died after the credits

That makes me sad. :(

Mother bitch.

border

But, whatever. They won't lose anyone, the Twitter campaign will be a rousing success, and the gravy train will keep chugging along.

I think the shitty thing though is that it doesn't have to be this way. Fans will keep watching no matter what -- they don't need to string them along with fakeout deaths and cliffhanger deaths.

My family watched it, and they're pissed, and that's after I told them it would be a cliffhanger several days ago. They knew it was coming, and were still angry.

rekameohs

Banned
Sorry instant gratification seekers, you just got a "who shot JR?" moment.
The comparison to "Who Shot JR" (or Mr. Burns) doesn't work because each of those shows created the cliffhanger as a mystery with clues peppered around that the audience could speculate on who it was. This show presents no mystery: the group of potential victims are shown, the killer is shown, the weapon is shown. They just went this way to provide a poor excuse of a cliffhanger, there's no mystery.

The comparison to "Who Shot JR" (or Mr. Burns) doesn't work because each of those shows created the cliffhanger as a mystery with clues peppered around that the audience could speculate on who it was. This show presents no mystery: the group of potential victims are shown, the killer is shown, the weapon is shown. They just went this way to provide a poor excuse of a cliffhanger, there's no mystery.

Not only that but there is a source material where we know how much impact the real scene could have had.

Them talking about the premiere makes me a little bit more optimistic. If they can pull off an hour long episode about the moment and make that scene matter the same way it did tonight maybe it could work. But still offseason casting and news will ruin everything.

The point remains this is supposed to be a GOAT moment and now it's not and it never will be. Who shot JR is what made the moment special, the cliffhanger created the drama. We know everything here, the climax is watching someone we care about die. That's the moment. Not a who done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom