• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not watching this show again until October
hahaha

What exactly was Gimple's reasoning for this ciffhanger on Talking Dead?
him and kirkman were basically saying that the story of season 6 was concluded. and the story of who got killed and how the characters react differently and the plotline it sets off will be the big story of season 7 so it makes sense to start from there.

He also said he promises to deliver an amazing episode to justify the cliffhanger. He also said he likes having the fans talk about it and he used lost and the hatch as an example.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
The comparison to "Who Shot JR" (or Mr. Burns) doesn't work because each of those shows created the cliffhanger as a mystery with clues peppered around that the audience could speculate on who it was. This show presents no mystery: the group of potential victims are shown, the killer is shown, the weapon is shown. They just went this way to provide a poor excuse of a cliffhanger, there's no mystery.

Eh...there are some clues as to who it is, and who it is not. If they said, they know who is dying, that would at least give them some justification. Eugene is the logical choice based on speculation.

TimFL

Hey guys just popping in blind. The episode airs monday night for me but I really need to know whether it ends on a cliffhanger or not.
Can some kind soul pm me whether it ends on a cliffhanger or not without spoiling the deaths (if there are any)?

Not only that but there is a source material where we know how much impact the real scene could have had.

Them talking about the premiere makes me a little bit more optimistic. If they can pull off an hour long episode about the moment and make that scene matter the same way it did tonight maybe it could work. But still offseason casting and news will ruin everything.

Exactly. Air. Sails. Out.

Crayons

Banned
that was such a fucking copout holy shit what a fucking joke

in the first episode of next season it'll be like

"aaron is kill"
"no"

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The comparison to "Who Shot JR" (or Mr. Burns) doesn't work because each of those shows created the cliffhanger as a mystery with clues peppered around that the audience could speculate on who it was. This show presents no mystery: the group of potential victims are shown, the killer is shown, the weapon is shown. They just went this way to provide a poor excuse of a cliffhanger, there's no mystery.
Yep. Also, mystery killer =/= mystery victim. These comparisons fall flat.

Omg i just thought on how they would do episode one of season 7 .....

Time skips or some shit and at the end reveal who got lucilled. Lol..

Id be so pissed. Or they dont even show who got lucilled until episode 3 cause of who morgan and Carol met via horseback riding
Lol

Aaaahh... Well good news got is right around the corner.

Not only that but there is a source material where we know how much impact the real scene could have had.

Them talking about the premiere makes me a little bit more optimistic. If they can pull off an hour long episode about the moment and make that scene matter the same way it did tonight maybe it could work. But still offseason casting and news will ruin everything.
na. they should not get a pass for this.

wish the fans could actually do something to make a difference. the outcry at the ending of Me3 made it work. it be cool if something happened that could make them tell us who died before the season 7 premier. I dunno. that would make it less sour for me.

RPGamer92

Banned
Omg i just thought on how they would do episode one of season 7 .....

Time skips or some shit and at the end reveal who got lucilled. Lol..

Id be so pissed. Or they dont even show who got lucilled until episode 3 cause of who morgan and Carol met via horseback riding
Lol

Aaaahh... Well good news got is right around the corner.

Or they majority focuses on Morgan and Carol and doesn't go to Rick's group until the last scene.

rekameohs

Banned
Eh...there are some clues as to who it is, and who it is not. If they said, they know who is dying, that would at least give them some justification. Eugene is the logical choice based on speculation.
The point is that this is something that doesn't need clues, while murder mysteries do. Outside of an insipid need for the producers to keep fan interest with dumb hashtags or whatever.

wish the fans could actually do something to make a difference. the outcry at the ending of Me3 made it work. it be cool if something happened that could make them tell us who died before the season 7 premier. I dunno. that would make it less sour for me.
I doubt that would actually happen :/

I added this to my post

The point remains this is supposed to be a GOAT moment and now it's not and it never will be. Who shot JR is what made the moment special, the cliffhanger created the drama. We know everything here, the climax is watching someone we care about die. That's the moment. Not a who done it.

I expect internet meltdown in the first episode next season. Only because it will be about Carol and Morgan's story, not who Negan killed. That will be on episode two of season 7.

I added this to my post

The point remains this is supposed to be a GOAT moment and now it's not and it never will be. Who shot JR is what made the moment special, the cliffhanger created the drama. We know everything here, the climax is watching someone we care about die. That's the moment. Not a who done it.
you're right man.

ugh. i can't get this off my mind but I have to get up at 4:30am. ugh. fuck fuck fuck

goodnite GAF

https://twitter.com/chandlerriggs/status/716823431531077632

226954e79869c97b4cd13394f7cdc246.png

He's gonna go in day 1 of filming S7. Kirkman tells him its him. "Shouldn't have tweeted that"

So they don't even know who will get fired? LMAO

hahaha

him and kirkman were basically saying that the story of season 6 was concluded. and the story of who got killed and how the characters react differently and the plotline it sets off will be the big story of season 7 so it makes sense to start from there.

He also said he promises to deliver an amazing episode to justify the cliffhanger. He also said he likes having the fans talk about it and he used lost and the hatch as an example.

Which to me demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of how to tell a story. This isn't a mystery show. This is a show about surviving the fucking brutal apocalypse and trying to make a life. DEATH isn't the end of an arc. The people who are there SEEING and REALIZING this is a whole new horror and that they are helpless unless they figure some shit out, that's an end.

This was done for ads and hashtags and fake buzz.

It'll be spoiled as soon as filming starts.

It's garbage.

DNAbro

there is no way that isn't getting leaked beforehand.

Also Aaron feels like the oddman out for a reason. Easiest cop out.

Even thought it wasn't, I wish it had been Carl just so he would have taken the knowledge of Enid in the closet to the grave with him.

We could have had a 4 episode arc about trying to find the source of the odd smell developing in the house.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
https://twitter.com/chandlerriggs/status/716823431531077632

https://i.gyazo.com/226954e79869c97b4cd13394f7cdc246.png

He's gonna go in day 1 of filming S7. Kirkman tells him its him. "Shouldn't have tweeted that"

I doubt he doesn't truly know. I'm sure he knows, but is trying to make the letdown sting less. Similar to how Glenn's cliffhanger had the actor not tweet for like three weeks straight about it.

How are they going to kill a major character at the start of the next season. Are they just going to tell a major actor in the middle of the summer "sorry you died, don't come back".

I highly doubt it's anyone important.

yes....that's how they did it with everyone else. minus the don't comeback part, they'll probably be one set for the season premier episode and maybe the occasional flashback/or delusions like we saw in seasons 3&4

Leeness

I can't wait for the victim reveal scene so that the Internet can do its thing and splice the two scenes together so we can have the full scene in all its glory.

The tension was amazing...just need the pay off.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
While I'm in uncharitable mood, it seemed that Negan's plan relied a lot on Maggie being severely ill and needing an ObGyn. Otherwise they might have just turned around at the first check point.
"checkpoint 3 come in, they turned around and went home"
"err we just spent a weeks worth of gas moving tree trunks into a wall, and poured another weeks worth of gas on it. Should we still set it on fire? "
And I understand how they might predict whuch roads they would take, but how could they predict that they would end up in that specific clearing, it's not like they guided them in any direction until the very end.

I can't wait for the victim reveal scene so that the Internet can do its thing and splice the two scenes together so we can have the full scene in all its glory.

The tension was amazing...just need the pay off.
hope the season starts with just a shot of this gory mess of a bashed in skull and we can sorta make out who it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom