• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for the victim reveal scene so that the Internet can do its thing and splice the two scenes together so we can have the full scene in all its glory.

The tension was amazing...just need the pay off.

I wouldn't be surprised if they never actually filmed it, and next season they just come into the aftermath.

Leeness

hope the season starts with just a shot of this gory mess of a bashed in skull and we can sorta make out who it is

That, plus the surviving cast crying and Negan leaving.

thisisfine.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if they never actually filmed it, and next season they just come into the aftermath.

Same, especially since the "beating" just happened, but as long as we get a body with a crushed skull on the ground, that's fine, I guess.

GAF is basically taylor swift's bodyguard at disney land:

LloouCA.jpg

I honestly thought the whole episode was fantastic. Until the fadeout and the blood running down the camera lens and the whole cheap garbage OH WOW IT'S FUCKING NOTHING moment at the end.

Me too. I loved the Morgan and Carol moments, and the whole Negan scene was incredible, the ending though. Welp.

Plasmid

We see a lot of light near Carl Aaron Rick and Eugene but not near Daryl Abraham Glenn. I feel like Carl is behind him because he nods To behind his shoulder. So he's looking toward Daryl and others.

neoism

literally the only reason they did this was because they want s7 opener to have the most viewers ever... i understand that but writing like that is just shitty...

just a meeh finale with no pay off....

not watching the FTWD soo im dun... even though it wont i hope the writers stop being chicken shits and the episodes dont look over produced next season.. the show was better on a smaller budget

At least we know the kingdom will be part of next season! Bring on the
tiger
!

What's that? They really need to crack down on spoilers (if this is one)

While I'm in uncharitable mood, it seemed that Negan's plan relied a lot on Maggie being severely ill and needing an ObGyn. Otherwise they might have just turned around at the first check point.
"checkpoint 3 come in, they turned around and went home"
"err we just spent a weeks worth of gas moving tree trunks into a wall, and poured another weeks worth of gas on it. Should we still set it on fire? "
And I understand how they might predict whuch roads they would take, but how could they predict that they would end up in that specific clearing, it's not like they guided them in any direction until the very end.

Pretty sure people were on their way to alexandria anyways

Sriefer

Banned
Yeah, sorry.
They are another group. The ones who took the horse from Morgan.

Go read the comic. It is great! Most of the volumes are on sale at comixology for cheap.

Yeah, sorry. They are another group. The ones who took the horse from Morgan.

Go read the comic. It is great! Most of the volumes are on sale at comixology for cheap.

Tag that please! You will likely be banned. If not, keep anything not in the show in the spoiler thread, as explicitly stated in the OP and elsewhere.

Alright. I'm gonna write the next two episodes for AMC:

7x01: 75 minutes of Morgan and carol debating mortality. Episode ends on them looking at the began aftermath. Closeup on carols horrified face as she screams out.

7x02: Rick naking his way back to Alexandria has flashbacks of everything that made everyone special in his life. We find out who dies when Rick writes their name on the city wall

poppabk said:
While I'm in uncharitable mood, it seemed that Negan's plan relied a lot on Maggie being severely ill and needing an ObGyn.

Actually it more depended on everyone getting pissy and out of character and leaving Alexandria for no good reason other than to advance the plot

Catdaddy

Can't wait until S7E6 to find out who it was.. I can totally see them string it along.. 5 episodes of backstory then, oh yeah..here's who got splat.

Talked Dead was awkward, and the we did it cause we like cliffhangers shit. Then comparing to the hatch in Lost

Volimar

Chris should have made them pinky swear to tell us in the first episode. Please don't drag it out.

7x02: Rick naking his way back to Alexandria has flashbacks of everything that made everyone special in his life. We find out who dies when Rick writes their name on the city wall

That sounds too plausible. TAKE IT BACK!

Chris should have made them pinky swear to tell us in the first episode. Please don't drag it out.

That sounds too plausible. TAKE IT BACK!
gimple pretty much admitted they cannot fuck up the premier. He said it's up to them to justify the cliffhanger.

I'ma be real. I'm disappointed it got cliffhangered, it would have been amazing to see it after that intense build up. Blue balls is not a good thing in any universe. I'm not super upset though. Walking Dead comes back pretty fast in october and I'll see how the premier is. But it was definitely manipulative no matter how much they try to justify it.

I aint that mad though. This show is just popcorn to me and that's why I likes it. Cheesy bad cliffhanger? That's a marquee of some popcorn entertainment. But it can be disappointing because sometime this show has glimpses of something more. See you in october beetches. Should be an interesting season.

NYR

Top comment on Reddit kills it:

Wow... AMC had their Red Wedding moment and they fucking blew it. I can't believe they fucked us with a cliffhanger.

neoism

character tiers
Glenn S
Maggie S
Rick SS
Carl S
Daryl SS
Michonne SS
Abraham A
Rosita B
Sasha B
Eugine C
Aaron D

if its not a major player its just gonna be boring..

man I'm still pissed. Imagine if on GoT they cut away at the red wedding before you know who died and made that a whole off season wait. Book readers would have been furious, the best moment ruined. That's what happened here.

Sapiens

Hahah they have no idea who they're going to kill yet. They chickened out of doing anything interesting.

Laz-E-Boy

Yep, done watching the show. Nothing to look forward to after they screwed this up. The whole season, although solid, had questionable writing. The Glenn mess was especially bad but this is just...it's not even infuriating just disappointing. It could have been so much more. If stuff like this is a prelude of what's to come there's no point in me watching.

Shame really, I liked JDM's Negan. I'll probably youtube clips of his scenes in the future and read the season and spoiler threads. I'll spend most of my time watching Sunday Night Football again and whatever else is on at that time.

All those who liked this decision, have fun with the rest of the show. No sarcasm, genuinely mean that.

Leeness

gimple pretty much admitted they cannot fuck up the premier. He said it's up to them to justify the cliffhanger.

I'ma be real. I'm disappointed it got cliffhangered, it would have been amazing to see it after that intense build up. Blue balls is not a good thing in any universe. I'm not super upset though. Walking Dead comes back pretty fast in october and I'll see how the premier is. But it was definitely manipulative no matter how much they try to justify it.

I aint that mad though. This show is just popcorn to me and that's why I likes it. Cheesy bad cliffhanger? That's a marquee of some popcorn entertainment. But it can be disappointing because sometime this show has glimpses of something more. See you in october beetches. Should be an interesting season.

This is basically what I feel as well. I'm disappointed and a bit upset because the Negan scene was REALLY GOOD until the cliffhanger, but yeah, it's popcorn, it's fun, I'll be back, see you in October.

jond76

Banned
hope the season starts with just a shot of this gory mess of a bashed in skull and we can sorta make out who it is

I fully expect to see the scene play out again but this we will see the actual killing. No way they open on a smashed head.

Also, it's clearly not Rick or Carl, so that narrows it down by two. ha.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
character tiers
Glenn S
Maggie S
Rick SS
Carl S
Daryl SS
Michonne SS
Abraham A
Rosita B
Sasha B
Eugine C
Aaron D

if its not a major player its just gonna be boring..

We both know it won't be. They're pushing Abraham pretty hard and ****** had the dummy made up on instagram. It should be the way it was in the comic. Exactly how it was. That would keep people talking on that GoT, Red Wedding/Beheading scene. This is just junk.

NYR

Cliffhanger boooooo

HAH HAH HAH SEE YOU IN OCTOBER.

fuccckkkkkkkkkkkkk

Nooooooooooooooo. Holy fuck

Holy fuck

This is bullshit

Man fuck that noise though. Seriously dawg? That shits cheap.

fuck this show

Fuck you AMC

fuck you kidding me

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A fucking cliffhanger? Are you kidding me?

These bitches

Motherfuckers.

Are you fucking serious

Disgusting.

what. the fuck.

do they not realize that it completely kills the suspense

Fucking piece of shit. Fuck this show.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

A CLIFFHANGER ON A DEATH

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'M DONE, THIS SHOW IS OVER, AMC HAS DESTROYED IT

BOO! What a load of crap.

FUCK OFF.

Fucking really?
I missed girls for this shit?

Oh come on AMC!!! Don't do that shit!!!

Oh come the fuck on. All that and you're not even going to show who he picked?

So damn stupid!

Fuck that

Those fuckers left us on a cliffhanger!?!?!
8b5a87948b3ab4f3fce639ff5099b507.jpg

Seriously, fuck this show.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Obviously in the minority here, but I thought it was a very good episode. Way better than the majority of the first half of the season. So many wasted scenes and plotlines.

Between this and BvS, I swear GAFFERS just want to hate things. It probably helps that I actively try to enjoy everything I consume, watch, listen to, or participate in.

DNAbro

they fucked up the finale, i have no faith in them to not fuck up the premiere. Knowing how the TWD is somehow we aren't going to know who it was till the end of the episode. Like it's going to be a flash forward or some shit. And even if they started out showing who died then it's "oh it was him/her"

This is basically what I feel as well. I'm disappointed and a bit upset because the Negan scene was REALLY GOOD until the cliffhanger, but yeah, it's popcorn, it's fun, I'll be back, see you in October.

Yeah, doing it as a cliffhanger sucked but right now I'm just taking it as disappointment.The rest of the ep was real good.

Carl going to get revenge. He also managed this when Neegan got in his face.

Obviously in the minority here, but I thought it was a very good episode. Way better than the majority of the first half of the season. So many wasted scenes and plotlines.

Between this and BvS, I swear GAFFERS just want to hate things. It probably helps that I actively try to enjoy everything I consume, watch, listen to, or participate in.
You have to add wrestling in there also

if you dont have standards everything will turn to shit
i for one dont want to live in such a world
imagine if for example Marvel had the same attitude for their movies that AMC has for TWD

dcdobson

I agree that it was a very good episode, but that ending was nonsense.

LowParry

So who's here going to analyze the screams to pin point who's exactly screaming and who is not? God it's so good knowing how this ended weeks ago.

I think abraham got it. Was too hearty on him about his ambition for a baby.

Now everyone can have drama around his death and create ' great ' story lines in season 7 of pure anger and vengence. Lol

Instant gratification.

element

Should have guessed the cliffhanger. They always tend to resolve the previous season on the first episode of the next season.

Pretty lame though considering important of a plot line this is in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom