• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously in the minority here, but I thought it was a very good episode. Way better than the majority of the first half of the season. So many wasted scenes and plotlines.

Between this and BvS, I swear GAFFERS just want to hate things. It probably helps that I actively try to enjoy everything I consume, watch, listen to, or participate in.

Oh, nonsense. Plenty of people have been enjoying this season -- I'm one of them -- and I loved the episode right up until the end.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I think abraham got it. Was too hearty on him about his ambition for a baby.

Now everyone can have drama around his death and create ' great ' story lines in season 7 of pure anger and vengence. Lol
Eh Eugene though giving away his plans, makes it seem like him. Probably one of those two though.

SeanC

The overly manipulative shit the show is pulling like this or Glenn or the blood splatter last episode is insulting and cheap. That was a great episode until that moment. If they hit it with just straightforward storyteling with a payoff, then it would have been great.

Instead, they rely on that because they know their character arcs and plots are too mediocre to carry the show anymore. So it's all cliffhangers all the time.

Sanke__

So after some thinking the cliffhanger was better than showing it if it was Aaron
I'm pretty sure it was just Aaron
He was just so completely out of place with everyone else that was there

character tiers
Glenn S
Maggie A
Rick SS
Carl SS
Daryl S
Michonne A
Abraham B
Rosita D
Sasha C
Eugine B
Aaron F-

if its not a major player its just gonna be boring..

Fixed
(Based on impact to the show)

Obviously in the minority here, but I thought it was a very good episode. Way better than the majority of the first half of the season. So many wasted scenes and plotlines.

Between this and BvS, I swear GAFFERS just want to hate things. It probably helps that I actively try to enjoy everything I consume, watch, listen to, or participate in.

What do you mean? BvS got poor reviews all around, the general consensus was that it was bad. Discussion forums all over the Internet are expressing disappointment at the TWD cliffhanger, I'm sure the reviews aren't going to be all that great either. Don't pretend it's only GAF that is pissed off at this. It was am important scene in the comics and they ruined it to keep ratings high. So yeah, people are a bit pissed off. We're not "hating" without reasonable foundation

When you have no actual defense for something you enjoy, bitching about everyone else rightfully pointing out why it's shit is always the first defense.

I unfortunately care about the show, which is why I'm extremely angry that I have been duped into watching it with it's insane peaks in quality and obvious gimmicks to keep people watching.

Darkangel

I consistently hate on TWD but I thought this was one of the best episodes since the first season.
Cliffhanger was bullshit but the POV shot was well done and the scene was really intense.
The show is at its best when it's plot driven and not focusing on the emotional crises of the characters.

Andrew Lincoln killed it.

_Ryo_

So even the writers dont know who died? But if thats the case, how could they chose who was screaming at the carnage? I mean they have to know who doesnt die in order for that to exist.

I consistently hate on TWD but I thought this was one of the best episodes since the first season.
Cliffhanger was bullshit but the POV shot was well done and the scene was really intense.
The show is at its best when it's plot driven and not focusing on the emotional crises of the characters.

Andrew Lincoln killed it.

POV was well done?

It looked like someone spilled red water paint on the lens.

We literally had chunky spaghetti sauce last week and now the blood looks like my Mio water.

BFIB

I didn't even watch tonight because I had a feeling the writers would cop out the ending.

Such a shame, minus dumpster Glenn the show has been much better.

So after some thinking the cliffhanger was better than showing it if it was Aaron
I'm pretty sure it was just Aaron
He was just so completely out of place with everyone else that was there

I don't think it was Aaron (he was just there because Heath was there in the comics, I think), but if it is Aaron, people gonna go in on TWD, for many good reasons.

hokahey

Negan with a beard? :/

And skinny? :/

I felt a little like watching the Joker from the 60s Batman show. You're watching an iconic villain being portrayed in a bit of a hokey way. I mean, nothing against JDM. He did a great job. It just felt so...basic cable.

Non comic readers will never understand just how terrifying he should be.

I did like the ambiance of the scene though. Well done.

It was creepy at first, but as the scene went on I thought it was funny a ton of biker dudes in the forest were posing and whistling. "Hey guys, lure them over here. Okay, now pretend to be a colony of badass owls".

I don't think it was Aaron (he was just there because Heath was there in the comics, I think), but if it is Aaron, people gonna go in on TWD, for many good reasons.

the day the LBGT community burned AMC to the ground
atleast id get to enjoy a shitstorm on my way out of this show forever
im gone if its a minor character regardless though

LowParry

I felt a little like watching the Joker from the 60s Batman show. You're watching an iconic villain being portrayed in a bit of a hokey way. I mean, nothing against JDM. He did a great job. It just felt so...basic cable.

The problem is they kinda forgot to show just how brutal he is. Instead we get some poor CG blood like someone took a piss on the tv and sound effects and screams.

Surfinn

This was an amazing episode but why the hell did they put a cliffhanger on who? That was so fucking lame smh...
Not like it's the most popular show on tv or anything..

No reason to do this, other than "we're out of ideas so we need to stuff the show with filler until we resolve the cliffhanger midseason".

DNAbro

i thought Negan was easily the best part of the episode. I felt incredibly tense during his whole scene. I'm excited to see how they handle him.

Pryce

No reason to do this, other than "we're out of ideas so we need to stuff the show with filler until we resolve this cliffhanger midseason".

How are they out of ideas? They follow a fucking comic book.

LowParry

You know very well the next season will start with flash backs of the "good'ol day" and spend a few episodes to show us viewers that the characters we love and enjoy had a good life in zombie world. Then more of Morgan and Carol, then back to Alexandria. And the grand mid season finale to reveal who got whacked by Lucille. I'm almost banking this is how it happens.

Surfinn

How are they out of ideas? They follow a fucking comic book.
They don't, though. They make up a lot of the content, and lately, it's been incredibly bad.

They need to follow the comic more closely since their writing team is thoroughly incompetent.

No reason to do this, other than "we're out of ideas so we need to stuff the show with filler until we resolve this cliffhanger midseason".
It doesn't make sense. When they show it on season 7, it's not going to be as impactful as it would have been right. Puts a damper on it as everything until then was 10/10.

Negan is amazing, a shame he got brought down by the wimps of the Walking Dead, aka the writers.

justjim89

So, how many people does Negan have? In the comics, I mean. Cause they're making it look like they outnumber the group 10 to 1.

bender

What time is it?
This show continues to be inconsistent. Pretty disappointing episode outside of Negan's actor. An extended episode and you still leave the season off with a cliff hanger. It will be interesting to see who got the bat. The show has finally caught up to where I stopped reading the comics.

They really need to up the body count on central characters as it feels like they are afraid to kill anyone of late. Part of the reason I like Game of Thrones so much is that no one feels safe. TWD has given me the opposite feeling this past season or so and is exacerbated by that cliffhanger ending.

I don't even like carol but how do you build her into an op super soldier over 6 years and fucking do what they have done to basically erase all of it over a few episodes. My god

alcheim

When the next season rolls in, they'll reveal who died... and then Negan turns his back on group, says tata ...and then proceeds to kill a second person.

I don't even like carol but how do you build her into an op super soldier over 6 years and fucking do what they have done to basically erase all of it over a few episodes. My god

once again proving that Morgan is the worse character ever
get that pacifistic shit outta a post apocalyptic world

MK_768

This show continues to be inconsistent. Pretty disappointing episode outside of Negan's actor. An extended episode and you still leave the season off with a cliff hanger. It will be interesting to see who got the bat. The show has finally caught up to where I stopped reading the comics.

They really need to up the body count on central characters as it feels like they are afraid to kill anyone of late. Part of the reason I like Game of Thrones so much is that no one feels safe. TWD has given me the opposite feeling this past season or so and is exacerbated by that cliffhanger ending.

Yeah and people like to bring up the point about GoT's finale and that last scene and it's stupid. We are left believing that person is dead. Here we know someone is dead but we don't know who.

I came out of GoT's finale like, "No fucking way. They did not kill him. No. He'll be back." Straight denial.

This shit tho? No. I'll take GoT's finale over this any day of the week, regardless if they bring back THAT character(on GoT)

When the next season rolls in, they'll reveal who died... and then Negan turns his back on group, says tata ...and then proceeds to kill a second person.

Only way I'll be satisfied imo. Kill the insignificant character first and then kill off Daryl or Glenn.

I haven't watched the show all season but heard through friends and the Internet about the writers jerking everybody around, faking out Glenn's death, ruining Carol, whatever. But I decided to watch tonight to see what direction they'd go in with Negan and who was getting offed.

Now I remember why I stopped watching in the first place. It's a decently acted show and when it's "on" it's great television, but the cliffhangers and plodding storylines are a bit too much for me. The end of this episode would've made me very angry if I'd still been invested. I feel bad for the hardcore fans because they're not getting the show they want/deserve.

BkMogul

Man, people having meltdowns ITT. As to be expected. You'll get your resolution in 6 months. Yeesh. That last 15 minutes was fucking brutal, in a good way. Probably the most tension I've seen in any scene, much less TWD, in a long time.

DNAbro

Man, people having meltdowns ITT. As to be expected. You'll get your resolution in 6 months. Yeesh. That last 15 minutes was fucking brutal, in a good way. Probably the most tension I've seen in any scene, much less TWD, in a long time.

I'll give it till this summer when we will know which is the worst.

What a fucking bullshit cop out ending. Now they get to judge fan reactions for the next 6 months and decide who to actually kill off.

Fuck this show.

labx

Banned
So, how many people does Negan have? In the comics, I mean. Cause they're making it look like they outnumber the group 10 to 1.

waaaay many. But the TV show isn't even a shadow of the comic. Is so full of plot holes, bad writing, etc., that is painful to watch. The only thing that resembles is Rick character. Seems that Carl is going comic book way. This season was enough for me, I'm out. Don't mind the cliffhanger, that was at some point in the table, what gets me in this season is the incoherence and inconstancy of the writing.

edit: my guess is
Glenn or Abrah
just to follow the comic book plot. No way that any female character is going to be kill like that in a TV show or be explicit like GoT Red wedding. And people next season forget about revenge or rage... because they already introduce kingdom people in an awkward way, so is going to be a Drama, Telenovela drama and that means:

comic spoiler

So The Kingdom is ruled by a cool dude name Ezekiel, that dude have a romance with Michonne, that is the Andrea of the TV show (Rick's gf), so if things go down, there will be a fighting for Michonne heart. If the writers read the comic once in a while they should have killed Michonne so Rick would become berserk rick ala Comic Style, clear the room of romance and have no trouble with Ezekiel, but it seems that the writers of the show don't read the comic book, so now basically is a clusterfuck of a plot in the tv show

Can't be Michonne she now has a video game. So the tv show plot is going to be more incoherence and dumb.

Wow. Sister taped the ep just to catch the killing and she doesn't even watch the show or read the comics.

Nothing happens. Cliffhanger.

Yeah, I'm remembering why I stopped following the show and lost interest in the comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom