• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't be mad at AMC. They DID promise they will introduce Negan by the end of season 6, and they delivered. They didn't promise anything after that.

j-wood

Finale would have been amazing,and then they completely fuck it up with a cliffhanger.

Do they seriously not realize the episode would have been better without that? Do they just think they are that "clever"?

anaron

I'm loving the vitriol aimed at this garbage.

Seeing Gimple trying to defend it, saying "this isn't about the death it's about Rick at his lowest." these writers are such hacks. LOL

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why on earth would RIck allow his kid to come with him??

He didn't think they'd run into Negan's group. He was thinking he wanted him there for Maggie's birth to show that Lori's death/birth wasn't the norm in the old-times. With proper doctors, they can make a new life. (Him/Enid)

devilhawk

Last 15 minutes on west coast. So far, this hasn't really been any longer than a normal episode. Just twice as many commercials.

anaron

it's honestly one of the most mindnumbingly idiotic cliffhangers ever.

we now have 6 months to be well acquainted with knowing someone is going to die, completely killing the tension and suspense the scene sets up and it will all likely be leaked much sooner, too.

Seeing Gimple trying to defend it, saying "this isn't about the death it's about Rick at his lowest." these writers are such hacks. LOL

That sucks to hear. He must not have understood that scene in the comics. Why does everything have to be about Rick? A (possibly) major character is dying, bringing their arc to a close. Can't they just have the focus for that one scene?

I just can't believe how a writer can't drop the ball so hard. Seriously, they did'nt even have to tried to do something, it was all perfectly written, they needed to put it on a screen and that's it.

That's more frightening than Negan itself tbh

demolitio

I will say, Lincoln was acting his ass off. You could really see the fear. It was genuinely unsettling to see.

Yup. That's all I could say during that last part. I knew the cliff-hanger was coming so I was trying to look at the positives. I'm glad JDM is on the show now too, even if he's on the wrong side of things. :p

Gaz_RB

Shitty cliff hanger would have made way more of an impact if they just showed it.

And there's still the cliff hanger of "what the fuck is the group going to do to get out of this one?"

He really said that? lmao

This sounds like preemptive damage control for the backlash of it just being a character most care little about. Exposed

~Kinggi~

Banned
Lmao, some asshole here spoiled that shit weeks ago. Damn i forget who it was but they be saying the season would end on a POV shot of some guy getting teh shit beat out of him to death by Negan and we would have to wait to find out who it was. Fucking gaf.

ultron87

Well that was dumb.

Also this episode should have immediately followed the one where they attacked the Savior compound. Driving out to get to Hilltop makes so much more sense if they think they've eliminated the hostile group.

To be fair to the show runners, this feels 100% like an executive decision and not a writing decision. There are absolute huge ups and downs of quality on this show, so the writers don't get a pass or anything, but I severly doubt they made this call. Gimple's justification for it on Talking Dead made that even more evident. He seemed to have little in the way of honest reasoning and his argument felt super prepared ahead of time. I don't think they would have expected such a negative reaction if they didn't sort of get it themselves.

Not that AMC meddling with this show is even slightly beyond them either. Stuff like this just makes me more and more wish for the day the Netflix model has full control. The show would be much better without the need to write around shitty executives and tone down characters and events for advertisers and cliff hangers like this trying to make sure people continue to tune in.

gatti-man

This episode was total shit with the worst of cliffhangers. The series doesn't need 10 million cliffhangers at the end of a season. Jesus. What a poop end to a great season of the show.

So, lets assume I'm done with the show. Where can I pick up from this episode in the comics?

I wouldn't go with individual issues.

Just start from trade volume #17 (titled "Something to Fear").

It'll give you just the right amount of context (which differs in several ways from the show) leading up to "that moment" in the show (or, issue 100 in the comics), and then takes you a bit further beyond that.

Great place to start, IMO.

P.S. I would be VERY curious to read your thoughts on that arc once you've finished it, especially THAT moment!

MaddenNFL64

This episode was total shit with the worst of cliffhangers. The series doesn't need 10 million cliffhangers at the end of a season. Jesus. What a poop end to a great season of the show.

This was probably my favorite season so far as well, especially the 2nd half...

and they end the season in a way that no one wanted, and just killed all the hype.

It's Mass Effect 3 all over again.

Jesus fuck on a stick. Fuck.

Triz

My Xfinity feed for AMC is shit every week but I suffer through it. This week it got so bad it killed the show 3 minutes before the end. I have no idea what happened after Glenn was trying to get to Maggie.

Getting real sick of these cheap cliffhangers and I'm glad to see I am not the only one feeling they diminish the impact of the character's death. Just by doing this Gimple and Co has missed the boat on what made the Character's death have meaning to the arc and resonate with the viewer. I didn't know how someone could ruin the single most impactful moment of the comic when it was already laid out for him, but he did it. Congrats on that I guess.

This season has been bad for hackey serial "tune in next time fans" endings.

Corpekata

Banned
The one redeeming thing I can see them doing is opening the season with the victim being someone minor like Aaron or Sasha. Cue grumbling. And then Negan goes to town on one of the characters people actually care about as well. Would reintroduce some of the swerve element that the finale lacked.

CorvoSol

Christ what a fucking sham. Aimless wandering thru the woods, plot depending on complete dumb choices, Negan is a magic wizard.

Fucking pointless 90 minute ramble.

Rur0ni

What a waste. All the shock and tension of the scene is ruined. I've been satisfied this season, so I guess I was due for disappointment. Could have ended strong.

MaddenNFL64

The one redeeming thing I can see them doing is opening the season with the victim being someone minor like Aaron or Sasha. Cue grumbling. And then Negan goes to town on one of the characters people actually care about as well. Would reintroduce some of the swerve element that the finale lacked.

Oh man please be this...

*Aaron dies*

"Omg.... this show lost its balls...."

*Glenn dies a few seconds later*

:O

~Kinggi~

Banned
this show just proves traditional TV is going to die soon. Waiting a week to watch shit like this is old news.

Netflix is the future. Everything all at once, opinions change drastically when people dont have to wait for bullshit.

Link

The Autumn Wind
My reaction to the ending:

retarded-donald-duck-meme-i11.gif

this show just proves traditional TV is going to die soon. Waiting a week to watch shit like this is old news.

Netflix is the future. Everything all at once, opinions change drastically when people dont have to wait for bullshit.

its why Daredevil is the best
fuck Negan Punisher series is gonna be 20x as brutal as the issue hes introduced

rekameohs

Banned

There's still plenty of merit in the week-to-week releases. The Breaking Bad Season 5B GAF thread was legendary. Don't use dumb decisions TWD makes to categorize all TV.

anaron

Eh. binge shows also totally destroy any sort of lasting conversation so while things gets glossed over, nothing seems to standout either.

Link

The Autumn Wind

This was the season finale. If it were on Netflix, the wait until the next episode would be even longer.

They could have still done that by killing someone at the end of this one and then again at the start of the premiere half a year later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom