• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBtoaster

I felt the episode was pretty good, but I probably would have been pretty mad if I hadn't heard about the ending beforehand. I haven't seen another show so blatantly and repeatedly troll viewers just to get big numbers in the next episode.

JoeNut

I was really disappointed with the ending, it was very tense but just felt like nothing really progressed, carole is still being a dick, morgan finally killed someone but that always coming, the group are still as screwed as they were before the episode

If you watch the ending again, put the sound up and you can make out what sounds to be a male's voice gasping as he gets hit. To me it sort of sounds like either Aron or Glenn. Or it could be just there to throw us off completely. Have a listen.

zma1013

What are the chances the guy who plays Negan gets nominated for an Emmy as supporting actor for 10 minutes of acting in one episode? Or at least best guest star.

He owned that scene.

He did a good job with the corny dialog he was given but there's nothing award worthy there. Now the guy who plays Rick did a tremendous job acting terrified but ultimately wasted on a scene that got cut too short.

T.O.P

Banned
If you watch the ending again, put the sound up and you can make out what sounds to be a male's voice gasping as he gets hit. To me it sort of sounds like either Aron or Glenn. Or it could be just there to throw us off completely. Have a listen.

Better not have brought back Aaron for the finale just to get him killed

Diablos

Thinking maybe it's Eugene if anyone other than Glenn. Why? In the comic,
Eugene doesn't give Rick his instructions for making ammo until after Glenn is killed.
I just read through some issues last night. Because why not.

So pissed that they ruined Andrea's character on the show.

Thinking maybe it's Eugene if anyone other than Glenn. Why? In the comic,
Eugene doesn't give Rick his instructions for making ammo until after Glenn is killed.
I just read through some issues last night. Because why not.

So pissed that they ruined Andrea's character on the show.

200w.gif

TV Andrea was god awful. It was the character in name only.

Hyun Sai

Inspired by a suggestion in this thread, I took some other recent shocking TV moments and brought them up to the Walking Dead team's lofty standards. I think we're on to something here!

Warning: Contains pseudo-spoilers for Game of Thrones, Dexter, Hannibal, Breaking Bad, and True Detective. If you haven't seen those, don't watch. Also, what's wrong with you? Go watch them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HgiVPTc2xw

Ok, I laughed many times.

Rewatching the finale, and I think back to the scene in the church. Gareth and the rest of group on their knees, outsmarted and cornered by Rick and his people, the once confident leader begging for his life, and Rick telling him "I made you a promise" and hacking him to pieces

Kinyou

It's a bit unfortunate that they basically have the entire cast lined up, including those who are rather secondary. I don't think that many would really care if it hits Aaron or Rosita.

BTW. What happened to Tara? Did I somehow miss her death or something? Shouldn't she have been super upset by Denise's death?

It's a bit unfortunate that they basically have the entire cast lined up, including those who are rather secondary. I don't think that many would really care if it hits Aaron or Rosita.

BTW. What happened to Tara? Did I somehow miss her death or something? Shouldn't she have been super upset by Denise's death?

Tara and Heath went out on a supply run before Denise died and haven't come back yet.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
If I watch the show in October and they decide its Glenn or Abraham this show can fuck off.

Why cliffhanger if it's Glenn
when the comic death was so much better.

Why
spare Abraham from his comic death to kill him only a few episodes later?

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Just finished the finale. Negan was awesome but I'm not wild about that finish. It's like having the Red Wedding audio play during the credits. That is so much more jarring television if it's seen.

Thing is, if they show the death, they get an ENTIRE SUMMER of people talking about it, showing reaction clips on YouTube, and being ready to hit the ground running in the fall. Now they traded it in for cheap buzz that will be forgotten in a couple weeks and they'll have to rebuild everything before they can start covering new ground.

I mean if it ends up being an Atlanta 5 and they pissed away the viral buzz because they wanted a cliffhanger, they're insane. Bad television and bad marketing.

Suppose it is Glenn. Wouldn't the stronger and more brutal finish be showing him taking the first shot, then everyone's reaction and freaking out while Negan is taunting him, and finally let their special effects crew take over and just focus on his head getting more and more caved in while Negan is laughing and the crew are shrieking? Then Negan gets a Polaroid camera, takes a picture, still laughing, as credits roll to the sound of his and the Saviors laughter over hysterical crying?

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
why couldn't they just show who it was? i think if they did then it'd still keep viewers interested and come back for the next season to see how the rest of the group deal with the loss and the new threat. also they wouldn't have this backlash. now they pissed off a lot of fans with a cheap cliffhanger.

Where's Jesus when you need him?

Previously I thought Jesus was actually Negan and the attack on the radar station thingy was a trap set up by him to take over Alexandria and during the finale, I was hoping he would save the day with a gatling gun in one hand and a flame thrower in the other or something like that ;)

One thing I am confused on, are the Wolves and Saviors two different groups? I assume so now, but if so, are all the Wolves gone now?

Also haven't the actors been saying, that they don't even know who got the bat yet? Well in that JDM interview he said he didn't know it was going to be a cliffhanger until he watched the show. Something is not adding up. Also I would bet no matter what the truth is, I bet the person that is going to die has been told.

Better not have brought back Aaron for the finale just to get him killed

I can't remember, but what happen to Aaron's partner?

While I think there is a good chance it is Glen, that does nothing to convey me. It reminds me of people finding stuff by playing records backwards.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Glenn used to be a fun guy but then he got married and now he's no fun anymore.

Glenn is all "maggie! But Maggie!" after he got laid. Seriously. Dude put the pussy on a pedestal.

He needs to realize there's more important things than knocking boots in this world. Safety first, fuck the hot girl later.

One thing I am confused on, are the Wolves and Saviors two different groups? I assume so now, but if so, are the all the Wolves gone now?

Also haven't the actors being saying, that they don't even know who got killed yet? Well in that JDM interview he said he didn't know it was going to be a cliffhanger until he watched the show. Something is not adding up. Also I would bet no matter what the truth is, I bet the person that is going to die has been told.

I can't remember, but what happen to Aaron's partner?

Wasn't it the dude that shot himself while standing on a garbage bin with Glen, surrounded by Zombies?

Edit: guess not ;)

Rewatching the finale, and I think back to the scene in the church. Gareth and the rest of group on their knees, outsmarted and cornered by Rick and his people, the once confident leader begging for his life, and Rick telling him "I made you a promise" and hacking him to pieces
Ahh yes the arrogant and untouchable leader (Garth ) it's almost the same scene

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
What are the chances the guy who plays Negan gets nominated for an Emmy as supporting actor for 10 minutes of acting in one episode? Or at least best guest star.

He owned that scene.
For whatever reason, the Emmys don't acknowledge the actors on TWD at all. I really think they should at least give nominations to Lincoln and McBride this year.

Diablos

Tobor

It should be Glenn. The character has run his course at this point and adds more value being dead. The death will make Maggie interesting again and polarize the group.

It also makes the dumpster Glenn debacle even more worthless which is hilarious.

Pilgrimzero

While I liked this version of Negan, he wasn't the comic version.

Comic version was a huge guy who cussed a lot. Added to the intimidation.

If you read the JDM interview he said the only thing he knows for sure is the season 7 will open right where it left off.

Now I am 90% sure that they filmed the whole thing, and the actors are lying about they don't know who died.

His words were straight out of the comic.

Obviously they had to censor some things he says for Cable TV.

Yes while you can say the 'F' word on AMC if you really wanted to, you still have to answer to sponsors. The last thing anything company wants is backlash, because they sponsor something.

but that's madd fucked up (if they do that) don't you think? like, if the story arc isn't meant to be that long but they drag it out through filler or whatever other bullshit, yeah?
I'll put it this way. That 13 episode season on the farm...was only 4 issues in the comics. They only stayed on the farm for 4 issues

zma1013

If you read the JDM interview he said the only thing he knows for sure is the season 7 will open right where it left off.

Now I am 90% sure that they filmed the whole thing, and the actors are lying about they don't know who died.

They may have filmed every character dying in order to keep the secret and they will choose later who's death to actually use.

silva1991

Re watching the episode and man Rick acting is so good. it breaks my heart seeing himg that scared.

to spoil for myself who died or not, that's the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom