• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowParry

I kind of wish Lucille wasn't so clean. Imagine if the barbed wire was rusty and dark with dried blood and there were pieces of flesh stuck in the coils

That would of been really cool. I mean remember all those photos we saw at the bunker? Lucille's been busy and it didn't really show.

Another community called the kingdom. They all wear armor their leaders name is Ezekiel and he has a pet tiger.
Comic spoilers:
No way are they doing the tiger on the show. That's one of those crazy things that only work on a page and not in live action. At most I'm expecting a tiger skin rug or something

Placktor

Comic spoilers:
No way are they doing the tiger on the show. That's one of crazy things that only work on a page and not in live action. At most I'm expecting a tiger skin rug or something

Yea It would be cool, but there is no way that can do it and make it look good.

LifEndz

Gimple should be fired after this trainwreck. But I suppose that shit was a network decision, so it won't happen.

I had high hopes for him but if they do fire him that would mean this show is getting a fourth show runner and it's about to enter season 7. Crazy considering how successful it is.

zma1013

Welp, that was bullshit. I didn't think the show could get any worse after that Glenn bullshit but here we are. This isnt even going to lead to any interesting discussion because of how it was all setup. All conversations will be about "who should die" rather than "who did die." Everyone will basically just pick their least favorite character and that's the next 7 months or however long it is. The Walking Dead has commitment issues.

Diablos

Ok so after reading the comic when this event goes down, there is
NO WAY that Glenn doesn't die. It has to be him. They basically copied and pasted the script right from the comic.

So filming can begin. We'll know who's still alive at that point.

That's why I don't understand people complaining about the wait. AMC has a horrible history with leaks. It's all coming out. This is just going to put increased exposure on filming via spy photos and further leaks.
I'm so anal about spoilers and act overdramatic about not finding sort of spoiler when it comes to tv, books, comics or manga/anime or anyone finding them. This is going to be the first time I'm going to actively go out and look for it because of how little I care about the moment now compared to last night.

Fuck you AMC.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
alright.... so I read the spoiler of who dies... well if they keep it with the books. Can anyone explain how bad it is? I don't want to be spoiled about anything else. thanks!

Kalentan

While Cliche I feel like it should have ended like this, slightly using what I remember from the comic:

So you get Negan slamming Lucile into Glenn's head and everything is silent other than the sound of bone crunching. Then you get him to say: "Maggie", just before the last hit finally kills him. Then Negan would have looked at Glenn's body with a sense of pride and turn towards the rest of the ground, it does a close up on Rick's face as Negan walks up to Rick and then the last scene is a close up on Negan's face and he simply says: "You get it? you don't FUCK with me." Then cut to black.

Now maybe that's bad, but I feel like that would have been way better.

alright.... so I read the spoiler of who dies... well if they keep it with the books. Can anyone explain how bad it is? I don't want to be spoiled about anything else. thanks!

Well the first bash makes a major indent in his head, the taunting is the same as blood is dripping down as you see his skull is clearly broken. Glenn is trying to speak and barely gets out a "ma...ma...Maggie before his head is smashed in again and he falls to the grown crawling

Then the final blows basically turn his head into a messy pulp of skull and brain chunks

Kinyou

Have to say I really enjoyed this episode. Watching Rick's group slowly realizing just how screwed they are was great. Only real mistake was to not show who gets killed. That felt a like a cheap way to create a cliffhanger. Negan himself was great though, even with the toned down swearing (how it's okay in US TV to show people getting shot in the head but not someone saying fuck will always be a mystery to me)

I kind of wish Lucille wasn't so clean. Imagine if the barbed wire was rusty and dark with dried blood and there were pieces of flesh stuck in the coils
Yeah, thought that as well. Maybe not flesh, after all does Negan take care of his darling, but that thing looked factory fresh.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Well the first bash makes a major indent in his head, the taunting is the same as blood is dripping down as you see his skull is clearly broken. Glenn is trying to speak and barely gets out a "ma...ma...Maggie before his head is smashed in again and he falls to the grown crawling

Then the final blows basically turn his head into a messy pulp of skull and brain chunks

Thanks for this!

Saya

Yep, it looked like it never has been used before.

Reading all the reactions online, it seems the overwhelming majority of the audience hated the cliffhanger. And it's one, if not the, lowest rated episode on IMDB? Man... such a screw up. So disappointing...

Don't worry guys. At least we got this next week!

fearinlinejpg-c7526e_765w.jpg

Nafai1123

Banned
To be honest, the backlash this show is getting from the finale is pretty mild compared to GOT's Red Wedding episode. Twitter bombed with people threatening to cancel HBO and quit watching GOT that day.

That's because it had impact and actually made the viewers angry about what happened to the characters.

This just pissed people off because they COULD'VE done that and fucked it up.

Don't worry guys. At least we got this next week!

fearinlinejpg-c7526e_765w.jpg
At least the scenario for Season 2 is way more interesting than anything we've gotten on the main show in years (and I'm saying that as a big fan of the main TWD). Going to the sea and trying to survive on the ocean should be interesting

Diablos

Also as I read through the comic I still do not understand why they felt it was a good idea to kill off
Andrea... are you kidding
on the show. Such a dumb idea.

Roussow

I have to finish Fear the Walking Dead, I only got to episode 4, I think, the one where they were in a military controlled camp -- I remember enjoying that episode a lot, although I thought the rest of the season prior was underwhelming.

Season 1 had money spent on it, maybe this one will too. I actually like the show.

I liked it, but I think what I liked most about it was that it wasn't the same Road/Forest/Train tracks of TWD. I swear, I know they are supposed to be in Virginia now but the entire fucking show so far looks like it could have taken place within a 10 mile radius outside of Atlanta.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I liked it, but I think what I liked most about it was that it wasn't the same Road/Forest/Train tracks of TWD. I swear, I know they are supposed to be in Virginia now but the entire fucking show so far looks like it could have taken place within a 10 mile radius outside of Atlanta.
My mom lives in the same neighborhood where they film the show...the Alexandria set and everything is up at the moment...and it's funny to watch knowing that they're perpetually just bumping around what's probably the same half mile stretch around my old house.

Also as I read through the comic I still do not understand why they felt it was a good idea to kill off
Andrea... are you kidding
on the show. Such a dumb idea.

Because they completely butchered the character and her actress, who is otherwise a pretty decent actress, fumbled the portayal.

Kickz

I hope it's eugene, dude is just a waste(which is why it probably won't be him).

I think it will be abraham his the only one i can see out of the group having the will and not scared like the others to withstand being hit like that.

Bitch Nuts!

It better not be him, take Maggie or Glenn, they are so bland I don't care for them

Tansut

At least the scenario for Season 2 is way more interesting than anything we've gotten on the main show in years (and I'm saying that as a big fan of the main TWD). Going to the sea and trying to survive on the ocean should be interesting
Which is probably why it'll last about 3 episodes before they're back on land for good.

dustyherb

Comic spoilers:
No way are they doing the tiger on the show. That's one of those crazy things that only work on a page and not in live action. At most I'm expecting a tiger skin rug or something
Major Comic spoiler:
I wouldn't be so sure just yet. Gimple said that if he was only watching the show he would want to see the tiger show up. If we don't get the tiger it would probably be because of AMC honestly, Gimple wants to follow the comics as closely as possible. The one positive is that shiva wasn't in the comics very long. They wouldn't need her in the show for more then even a season, if that.

RedStep

Inspired by a suggestion in this thread, I took some other recent shocking TV moments and brought them up to the Walking Dead team's lofty standards. I think we're on to something here!

Warning: Contains pseudo-spoilers for Game of Thrones, Dexter, Hannibal, Breaking Bad, and True Detective. If you haven't seen those, don't watch. Also, what's wrong with you? Go watch them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HgiVPTc2xw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom