• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow what a return after that horrible mid season finale. What the fuck was that. This should have been the mid season finale for sure. Also they did completely nothing with the cliffhanger from the mid season finale anyway, so what was the point? He still gets scared but way later.

it just shows that he was ready to do. and carol killing people even when she's not around.

dustyherb

My main hope is that the endgame for this series (and the comic) is for the group to make a run for Washington and try to discover/synthesize a cure, all in the midst of hordes of walkers and/or dwindling supplies.
I honestly just can't see a cure being the endgame for the show or the comics. Robert Kirkman doesn't seem to really like the idea of that whole secanario. Not only that but i just don't think it's realistic at this point. No one that's currently alive that we've seen in this world would even know where to start with making a cure. It would've been up to the government/scientists to solve all that. And we have all seen they failed miserably at it with the whole CDC thing in season 1. Jenner said the French were the possibly the closest and I doubt our group is about to make a trip to another country lol.

I could maybe see the whole idea that people born after this all started are immune like Judith. But even then idk I find that hard to be a major thing either. It's not like Rick and them would be able to take her blood and develop some kind of antidote.

Palpable

I like how Glenn was saved at the last second. What the shit. Also, how did none of the bikers hear/see Daryl subdue their buddy? Better yet, how did they not see Daryl pop out with a damn RPG? I'm glad that shitty kid got owned. That whole family got rekt.

Prologue

The family bit was the most depressing few minutes of television I ever watched. I'm glad the episode ended the way it did though. If it didn't end on that tone, not sure if I would still be watching the show lol. Call me sensitive but I don't watch entertainment TV to see that kind of stuff go on screen. I don't even think I ever watched a kid being bit by zombies, either on TV or in the movies.

demolitio

Nothing like Glenn not only surviving that encounter with the walkers, but somehow avoiding all the bullets that were indiscriminately fired in his direction, especially when you would think that some of those bullets would pass through some of the more rotten corpses. Sometimes the tropes are too much in this.

Otherwise, good start to the show since Carol is proving to be a killer with words now too.

NYR

Best episode ever.

Glenn is one lucky motherfucker.
It's called plot armor.

Nothing like Glenn not only surviving that encounter with the walkers, but somehow avoiding all the bullets that were indiscriminately fired in his direction, especially when you would think that some of those bullets would pass through some of the more rotten corpses.
Spot on analysis, agree 100%.

I found it interesting the show went out of its way to prove Carol was wrong twice this episode. The little boy was actually holding his own and being strong but Carol really fucked with his head. Then they made it clear that the Wolves guy wasn't as bad and irredeemable as Carol thought.
It's called plot armor.

Spot on analysis, agree 100%.
It's called cheap suspense. Glenn didn't have to come into it all wild. He normally is a lot more tactful and would've been able to lure them away versus jumping in the crowd and acting crazy.

UberTag

I found it interesting the show went out of its way to prove Carol was wrong twice this episode. The little boy was actually holding his own and being strong but Carol really fucked with his head. Then they made it clear that the Wolves guy wasn't as bad and irredeemable as Carol thought.
I suspect this will be one of the core themes of the back half of Season 6. Especially if the finale goes the direction I anticipate it will.
Lone Wolf and Sam I Am's family won't be the only people she inadvertently gets killed.

Incidentally, this just makes me love Carol that much more. I love me some character flaws.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Alexandria is what... two issues in the comics?

The initial Alexandria arc (their arrival, all the way to the events covered in last night's episode) spans issues 69 - 84.

My main hope is that the endgame for this series (and the comic) is for the group to make a run for Washington and try to discover/synthesize a cure, all in the midst of hordes of walkers and/or dwindling supplies.

The Walking Dead isn't that kind of story. If a cure is somehow discovered, it will most likely be off screen and Rick & Co. will only find out once the cure spreads to their area.

Good episode but at this point they should literally put glenn back into armor to make the bullshit less ridiculous.

etkjKT3.jpg

did they just kill a kid?

wtf...

yes? not like it hasn't happened multiple times on this show.

Woof, I went in blind and expecting them to sanitize the deaths somehow, maybe just show the kid being pulled into a group of walkers with no gore shown. Didn't expect them to chow on his skull first chance. Good episode to come back to, should be a fun run to the finish.

If I was Rick, at this point, I wouldn't give a shit about people's death anymore outside of the immediate group.

Why would you? Don't get attached to new people, keep your immediate group small and intimate and safe and neglect all others and expect them to die, like they most likely will.

Actually, as a matter of fact, why live at all? Why even fight? The world you're living in is completely devoid of hope, happiness, optimism or joy, it's a literal nightmare every waking second. Life isn't worth living at that point. Like, if you were in the zombie apocalypse and were able to build a stable community where you've gotten 100% safe and comfortable and can enjoy life, sure, but these guys are fucking death traps. All they know is misery and pain, so why fight so hard to live when you'll inevitably only ever know pain and misery and fear?

LycanXIII

Sophia got it easy. Walker bit her and left her be.
Mika is murdered by her sister, who is then blindsides by Carol.
Carol then torments Sam causing him to freak out and have his face gnawed on with his family watching and being attacked along with Michonne stabbing Ron through the chest with her sword.

And Carol don't even mention Sophia any more. She don't care.

If I was Rick, at this point, I wouldn't give a shit about people's death anymore outside of the immediate group.

Why would you? Don't get attached to new people, keep your immediate group small and intimate and safe and neglect all others and expect them to die, like they most likely will.

Actually, as a matter of fact, why live at all? Why even fight? The world you're living in is completely devoid of hope, happiness, optimism or joy, it's a literal nightmare every waking second. Life isn't worth living at that point. Like, if you were in the zombie apocalypse and were able to build a stable community where you've gotten 100% safe and comfortable and can enjoy life, sure, but these guys are fucking death traps. All they know is misery and pain, so why fight so hard to live when you'll inevitably only ever know pain and misery and fear?
I mean, Glenn literally answered your question this very episode with his comment to Enid.

I wish the producers would hire more kid zombies , you see these huge hordes but no kids among them.

Shooting with kids introduces child labor laws which prevents them from working for more than X amount of hours. And then you want them to sit in a makeup chair for X amount of hours and I can only imagine the horror of filming with children in this kind of show.

They just didn't have the mind frame for that world. That's why people like them die. Gotta adapt or perish.

Jessie had fought off and killed a Wolf all by herself in an earlier episode. She showed that she was willing to do what it took to survive. That's why I found her death so upsetting. She was just starting to get good as a character, and then BAM, she's dead. Really missed potential as a character.

Jessie had fought off and killed a Wolf all by herself in an earlier episode. She showed that she was willing to do what it took to survive. That's why I found her death so upsetting. She was just starting to get good as a character, and then BAM, she's dead. Really missed potential as a character.

I think that just reinforces Rick's point that all it takes is one weak link to doom them all. At least her death served some purpose other than to thin the cast out. One walker over the wall, one bite and it all comes crashing down. Jessie's family was weak and the actions of her mentally traumatized son got them all killed.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions

Yeah, and the actor that played her really plead for her character not to die. They give no fucks.

Sam was doomed from the start.

I will say I thought the way he behaved was realistic given his upbringing. He's 10. Not only was his father an abusive asshole but his mother gives terrible advice. More importantly, Sam hasn't been hardened at all - he was very fragile and Carol's comments didn't help.

I think it's easy to forget that most children in their world are probably either end up dead or are extremely sheltered. I doubt there's that many Enid's about where they go through terrible experiences and live to grow from it. Carl is something else entirely, he's the result of most if not all the boxes being ticked into building a next generation survivor.

Sam was still annoying though.

I see im not the only one who thought Sam dying was a dream sequence at first. Then when hot mom kicked the bucket I was like "oh.....this shit is real".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom