• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
they literally did just that tonight with the bikers

that dude was one of the more entertaining bad guys we've had and they blow him up before the starting credits because daryl needed to look cool for the premiere

The bikers were redshirts. The main cast isn't. They're not going to kill off Glenn within two episodes if they can draw out his arc.

Well while this is a little unrelated, the first half of season 5 kinda sucked in my opinion. I wasn't really digging the premier black and white shit much. The wolf invasion was pretty cray, but the shit that they pulled with Glenn was really annoying and they had the nerve to put a 90 minute Morgan episode after it...and it wasn't resolved the following week either iirc.

And then the mid season finale ends on another cliffhanger that apparently was retconned because as I said before, the kid was yelling mom right when they left the house and it was attracting zombies..

On topic, I can't think of a slow walking dead episode that I liked because I only started watching from season 4, but for me, every single episode doesn't have to be action packed to not be boring. Character development is important but so is pacing.

The pacing issue is legit. But like I said: people are expecting them to call Zombie genocide every episode which simply doesn't work for a TV show. Alexandria is what... two issues in the comics? They can't simply go in there, go "Hi, Deanna! (Forgetting the comic character she replaced) Bye, Felicia Deanna!" on it. It's why they're changing characters around, it's why they're giving minor characters like Glenn, Carol, and Daryl bigger character motivations and "arcs"/character development to have fans turn around on them. A lot of people didn't like battered house-wife Carol and if they stuck to the story plans, Carol would've been dead right after Sophia or so. Instead they flipped the script and while the pace was slow she's become a fan-favorite.

I like the comic, but the comics pace is just as bad if not worse for actually attaching to characters before Kirkman kills them off.

HarryKS

Was that doctor just an amateur they picked off the street or was it a legitimate actress? Because that was some next-level bad acting.

RS4-

Just finished the ep, RIP Breckenbridge :(

Somehow it's shrapnel that hit Corl in the face. They'll find a way to explain it.

Now that Rick is back to sorta-crazy, he needs a replacement for ghost phone. Maybe he'll talk to his axe.

The pacing issue is legit. But like I said: people are expecting them to call Zombie genocide every episode which simply doesn't work for a TV show. Alexandria is what... two issues in the comics? They can't simply go in there, go "Hi, Deanna! (Forgetting the comic character she replaced) Bye, Felicia Deanna!" on it. It's why they're changing characters around, it's why they're giving minor characters like Glenn, Carol, and Daryl bigger character motivations and "arcs"/character development to have fans turn around on them. A lot of people didn't like battered house-wife Carol and if they stuck to the story plans, Carol would've been dead right after Sophia or so. Instead they flipped the script and while the pace was slow she's become a fan-favorite.

I like the comic, but the comics pace is just as bad if not worse for actually attaching to characters before Kirkman kills them off.
Deanna is Douglas (male) in the comics. I'm not complaining about the new character deaths. I was still sad to see her go coz she was one of my favorite characters, but I'm glad Jessie croaked...I got my reasons (
Rick is gonna mourn her and Michonne's gonna be there for him and...I really want them to fuck
) and yeah they totally changed Carol's arc but I'm not a big fan of hers either, not that thats relevant but my point is as long as new characters' deaths are sensical, I don't mind how they are executed.

I don't read the comics so I wouldn't know about any pacing issues there.
What was the viewership?
Good question, I'd like to know too

Radec

Great episode.

walking-dead-rick-jessie-season-5-888x456.jpg

RIP My Queen. :(

Comic spoiler regarding bikers, should hype up non-comic readers in terms of scale of what's to come

This isn't the last we see of the "bikers"

This probably didn't even piss off Negan but made him curious on who would try and mess with him. Negan is operating on a level far above The Governor, he's not only very smart but he has literally hundreds of people working for him. If anything, Daryl and his group just f*cked up. Usually we can say "they have no idea who they're messing with in regards to Rick's group" but this time it's for Negan. Team Alexandria done f*cked up.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Fairly good episode. I wasn't a fan of some of scenes such as the Wolf "changing" so he could die a hero or the gang going HAM on a herd, but I'll take what I get. The way they transitioned that scene from the comics to the show was definitely the highlight. I'm really impressed by how well they handled it.

I've been man crushing on dude since the watchmen. I really need to dig threw his work.

He's implausibly suave in the latest season of The Good Wife. Incidentally it's also the show's lesser season by a long shot, but he makes it much more enjoyable.

It's not as exaggerated as the comic version but goddamn it's still really nasty. It's easier to see what happened where the bullet went with this image.
That looks great. Oddly enough, I thought the make up felt much cheaper (and faker) during the episode.

So bad.

Our superheroes yet again come out the winners in a million to one chance of survival, mixed with jarring scenes of sickly tenderness.

We didn't even get to enjoy that annoying little kid getting eaten because we had to see how the whole situation effected Rick and Carl. In a show where a scratch or a nibble can kill, our ubermensch can take a gunshot to face and still dust off and be ok.

raindoc

at first I was like

aZo0zxc.jpg

but then, around 19 minutes in

2RUMZb1.gif

and then the town went to town, and I was like

tPpppwK.gif

so yeah, there's always room for improvement, but this was one of the rare episode that got my full attention and didn't have me browsing the internet or playing video games while watching it.

TVexperto

I like this show but it starting to get repetitive ... can someone explain me why the stopped going to washington? arent they like really close?

That looks great. Oddly enough, I thought the make up felt much cheaper (and faker) during the episode.

I thought it looked a bit off when they were outside in the dark. But when he was brought inside, where it was lighter where we could get a better look, I thought it looked significantly better in terms of make-up. I think it looked similar to the picture above

I like this show but it starting to get repetitive ... can someone explain me why the stopped going to washington? arent they like really close?
They were originally going to DC because Eugene lied and said there was a cure, then they continued because Eugene believed it had fortification and a better chance to survive. No reason to go now when they've found a place to settle down and call home.

Catdaddy

I liked Morgan giving his ole wolf buddy some loving with his stick after he turned. I'm pretty sure when that seen came on I muttered "you better Morgan"...

I wish I hadn't of read this thread about the eye, so that it was more of a surprise. (I mean the talk about the comics in months past)

But I love the discussion.

dustyherb

It's not as exaggerated as the comic version but goddamn it's still really nasty. It's easier to see what happened where the bullet went with this image.
Ya it's definitely not as ridiculous as it was in the comics. But I'm still really surprised how close to the comics they made it. I wasnt expecting it to even look this crazy. In fact the whole Jessie and her kids thing played out pretty damn close as well. It's nice to see these things come so close to the source material.

And that little nod of acknowledgement from Rick to Michonne after she stuck her sword through Ron's chest was priceless . It was his way of saying hell ya we got that little shit lol.

Symphonia

Banned
Do you think they will keep Blonde mom's hand as a souvenir?
Rick will keep it in a jar and use to regenerate a new Hot Mom out of thin air. Great episode, had my full attention. The beginning scene with the bikers was awesome, the scenes in Alexandria were tense as fuck, and that montage with all the characters swinging made me smile like a goof. It's back, baby!

charmed699

Neo Member
I thought at first that Sam had imagined the walker kid just before he had his panic attack. He must have thought he was getting a glimpse of what his future looked like. I think I would have lost it as well if I had little to no exposure to what was going on like the kid. It's a pretty harsh world for kids to survive in. That was brutal and to see the mum lose her kid in front of her eyes just made it that much worse.

Apparently there was a scene in E08 where a little boy is bitten by walkers by it was cut. The little boy-walker in E09 that Sam spots is supposed to be the same one.

They were originally going to DC because Eugene lied and said there was a cure, then they continued because Eugene believed it had fortification and a better chance to survive. No reason to go now when they've found a place to settle down and call home.

My main hope is that the endgame for this series (and the comic) is for the group to make a run for Washington and try to discover/synthesize a cure, all in the midst of hordes of walkers and/or dwindling supplies.

harSon

Banned
I blame the group for the family's death. They should have knocked that little fucker out the second he showed signs of cracking, and dragged his ass to safety.

JustinBB7

Wow what a return after that horrible mid season finale. What the fuck was that. This should have been the mid season finale for sure. Also they did completely nothing with the cliffhanger from the mid season finale anyway, so what was the point? He still gets scared but way later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom