• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

someday

Banned
Was that doctor just an amateur they picked off the street or was it a legitimate actress? Because that was some next-level bad acting.
She won an Emmy for her work on Nurse Jackie.
I found it interesting the show went out of its way to prove Carol was wrong twice this episode. The little boy was actually holding his own and being strong but Carol really fucked with his head. Then they made it clear that the Wolves guy wasn't as bad and irredeemable as Carol thought.

It's called cheap suspense. Glenn didn't have to come into it all wild. He normally is a lot more tactful and would've been able to lure them away versus jumping in the crowd and acting crazy.
I agree somewhat about Carol. I think the show is also going to have Morgan realize his way is a problem as well. Hopefully both characters find a middle-ground. Both are a bit extreme though I still think Carol was right to shoot the wolf. He saved Denise, yes, but it was only minutes after taking her into the horde at gunpoint. That is hardly redeemable.
I wish the producers would hire more kid zombies , you see these huge hordes but no kids among them.
Yeah, it was so weird seeing a kid walker in the middle of the horde that I lost some immersion there too. I guess I don't blame Sam for checking out.

I was also taken out by the time-shifts with the Rick group. We end last half-season with Sam saying "Mom" and walkers noticing him already. Then we jump to them being safe again. Also the switch to nighttime was really jarring too.

dustyherb

comic spoilers

does anyone else think that Daryl is gonna
take Glenn's place when the hammer falls?
Major comic spoilers
i think this is going to be another Shane moment where the same character gets the same death from the comics. Glen has been escaping death too many times now always looking like he is about to die but always pulls through with a last minute save. Lucille will be just the opposite of all that. Nowhere to go, no place to hide, and no one can help.

continued comic spoilers

Daryl's just in the same position of 'long lived fan favorite' as Glenn was when he bit it, and it doesn't seem like Daryl's been left with much room to grow as a character in Alexandria and whats to come. I do think that Glenn is likely to die but not until a bit later around when shit goes down, plus that'd give Maggie a bit more time to grow into a position of leadership naturally before Glenn's death has her fighting Rick and getting real about Negan and shit

L.O.R.D

HOLY SHIT AT CARL SCENE , THAT WAS FREAKY

i intently jumped scarred because of it , well done AMC..well done.

also , had to make this joke

BGyjNCH.jpg

Gorillaz

Why did they kill the mom

She was the bae of the show. They could have changed the story like they always do.....

why Gimple why

someday

Banned
I'm confused about what the lake of fire was supposed to do at the end. I thought fire didn't necessarily kill walkers, and a fire that big seems to be a potential disaster in the middle of Alexandria with the wood homes so close. Wouldn't that just make a hundred walking torches to have to deal with?

I'm confused about what the lake of fire was supposed to do at the end. I thought fire didn't necessarily kill walkers, and a fire that big seems to be a potential disaster in the middle of Alexandria with the wood homes so close. Wouldn't that just make a hundred walking torches to have to deal with?

I assumed it was to distract the walkers. They were zerging the crew.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
So I guess they are setting things up for Carol to be killed off? She was directly responsible for the Wolf being killed after he "changed" and indirectly responsible for what happened to Jess and her boys (since what she told the younger one is what spooked him).

comic spoilers

does anyone else think that Daryl is gonna
take Glenn's place when the hammer falls?

They could do that...or they could really twist the knife
and have it be Maggie (pregnant woman) to really make Negan be evil.

charmed699

Neo Member
It seems like Carol saw it coming though.

I hope Carol gets better character development. It's been fascinating watching her character evolve to the point where she has single-handedly saved everyone on several occasions. The way she's been portrayed in the last couple of episodes almost makes her look like a cartoon villain. She's been my favourite character for a long time.

dustyherb

but that big guy had an assault rifle ... plus he managed to somehow slash him.
they were only a few feet away
Negan's men really just underestimated Daryl and were over confident about that whole situation. If they were smarter they would've sent two guys back with Daryl in the first place. I'm going to guess most people they have encountered/robbed don't even remotely compare to Ricks people and what they have been through. The guy probably didn't see Daryl as a big threat and let his guard down.

I think Carol will be the next main cast member to die. Theyre going to need one for the finale and I think shes a good candidate. Glenn gets a pass because tgey already did a fake out. Coral is going to have a whole new character to explore as a cyclops. Rick and Michonne and Daryl have plot armor.

Just watched it.

Holy fucking shit. That was awesome.

Had everything and I mean everything that a Walking Dead episode should. Just amazing television all round.

Scott Gimple just fucking gets it.

bidguy

Banned
He remembered when she told him "the monsters will swarm you and eat you" earlier in the season.

oh shit. that whole scene with the little guy was kinda disturbing tbh

Negan's men really just underestimated Daryl and were over confident about that whole situation. If they were smarter they would've sent two guys back with Daryl in the first place. I'm going to guess most people they have encountered/robbed don't even remotely compare to Ricks people and what they have been through. The guy probably didn't see Daryl as a big threat and let his guard down.

i guess youre right. i just wonder how theyll know ricks group did it when all of their people present died

Don't be hard on Carol: she knows Beta blood when she sees it and that family's was full of it thanks to their father.

but that big guy had an assault rifle ... plus he managed to somehow slash him.
they were only a few feet away

It only takes a second. A stumble, a glance in the wrong direction, focusing too hard on some detail and not on Daryl...the original group is comprised of professional, improvisational killers at this point and Daryl was always the best of them all.

The scene with the walking among the dead was one of the best TV scenes I've ever seen. I literally screamed what the fuck at the end. Amazing work. I'd been iffy about this show but that episode alone just sold me on at least another season.

Enco

I think Carol will be the next main cast member to die. Theyre going to need one for the finale and I think shes a good candidate. Glenn gets a pass because tgey already did a fake out. Coral is going to have a whole new character to explore as a cyclops. Rick and Michonne and Daryl have plot armor.
Hmm I'm not sure.

I would say Rick and Carl are 100% safe. Michonne is next safest but everyone else is at risk. Darly is awesome but I wouldn't be surprised if he dies.

Hopefully not though.

Jarrod38

Hmm I'm not sure.

I would say Rick and Carl are 100% safe. Michonne is next safest but everyone else is at risk. Darly is awesome but I wouldn't be surprised if he dies.

Hopefully not though.

I say either Maggie or Glenn by end of the season.

dustyherb

Rick and Carl are completely safe until the last season I would assume. And Daryl I just can't see dying this early. If the writers really do get 11 or 12 seasons like they've talked about the end of this season would be around the half way point. I can't see AMC killing their gigantic original character when we have so much left. I guess michonne is pretty damn safe as well. Everyone else is completely up in the air tho in my opinion. I could see people like Carol, Morgan and Glen surviving for several more seasons or biting it much sooner.

Who knows tho honestly the writers love messing with people. Maybe everyone will die and we'll have 6 seasons of father Gabriel lol.

Hmm I'm not sure.

Hopefully not though.

Dude, Michonne is practically
un
dead as it is. They haven't done anything meaningful with her in forever.

Those scenes of the scary monsters that the kid saw before he lost it were legit scary looking stuff

Seriously, my heart started racing. Gnashing those long teeth...

The family bit was the most depressing few minutes of television I ever watched. I'm glad the episode ended the way it did though. If it didn't end on that tone, not sure if I would still be watching the show lol. Call me sensitive but I don't watch entertainment TV to see that kind of stuff go on screen. I don't even think I ever watched a kid being bit by zombies, either on TV or in the movies.
I've been watching zombie movies since I was like 8 years old and that was emotionally probably the most horrific scene I've ever watched, beating out Noah's death. Maybe I'm growing soft since I'm a father now, but goddamn...

Who I think is safe for this season

SAFE

Michonne
Maggie
Sasha
Abraham
Morgan
Carol
Eugene
Gabriel
Aaron
Enid
Heath
Denise

DEAD

Daryl or Glenn. The other will survive
Tara
Judith
Spencer

UNSURE

Rosita
Olivia
Tobin
Scott

styl3s

I've been joking about this with some of my friends. Some of them get uncomfortable.
I have been saying the same thing here on gaf for awhile now only i am not joking.

I 100% believe it's going to happen because it's the only person who can have that same heart breaking effect. It would literally shut down twitter.

Some of the editing in the episode was awful. The flashbacks and cut to red around one character was so poorly done. Then that rapid montage of them all fighting was terrible. I hope they never do that again.

charmed699

Neo Member
It seems like Carol made it happen though.

She really messed him up with those chats. Wonder how she will react if there is a scene where she finds out how the kid and the others died. Could be an opportunity for her to reflect on her actions and actively try to make amends.

I honestly just can't see a cure being the endgame for the show or the comics. Robert Kirkman doesn't seem to really like the idea of that whole secanario. Not only that but i just don't think it's realistic at this point. No one that's currently alive that we've seen in this world would even know where to start with making a cure. It would've been up to the government/scientists to solve all that. And we have all seen they failed miserably at it with the whole CDC thing in season 1. Jenner said the French were the possibly the closest and I doubt our group is about to make a trip to another country lol.

I could maybe see the whole idea that people born after this all started are immune like Judith. But even then idk I find that hard to be a major thing either. It's not like Rick and them would be able to take her blood and develop some kind of antidote.

Well, I don't really see the showrunners doing anything else. There has to be some kind of endgame, because the comic arc has been dragging ever since they got to Alexandria. Just because Kirkman says he doesn't want to visit the subject of the virus itself, doesn't mean the production crew won't (and in fact, we've seen shades of this in FTWD, where it's hinted that the virus started out as some kind of airborne infection as per the Clark's neighbor).

I've kind of hit the point of apathy, in that while I enjoy the moment-to-moment parts of episodes and how they've adapted it, I'm still unsure what the eventual endpoint of the series is.

Sadist

I read a few of those reviews... it's the Walking Dead. Just go with the flow. Some observations.

- Man Daryl has a rocketlauncher I really hope he'll use. But they will never show this on t- oh never mind! Aaaawww yeah!
- I'm sooooo happy with series following the comic. So very, very happy.
- Sam's death was brutal. I imagine the little guy is the talk of the town now with his friends. "I'm the kid who got eaten right in front of the camera. Zombie sank his teeth in my face." Carol's death watch strikes again!
- Jesse dying was great, seeing the axe scene is amazing.
- Aaaaaand yes the Carl scene! I never imagined they would show that. But now you hide wives, your kids; King Carl is cometh. He is finally coming.
- fighting montage was fun, but a but sappy.

I liked it.

Skab

Random future speculation involving comics stuff.
I'm wondering what they'll do with Tara's character going forward. Maybe she'll play the roll Holly does in the comic?

How do you guys think the series is going to end?
Considering Kirkman hopes for the comics to reach issue 300, and in the show, we haven't even reached the events of issue 100, it's kind of early to think about how the series would end.

I certainly don't think they'll find a cure. Ideally, the best case scenario would be a new government forming to rebuild society on a large scale. Worse case, we get an adult Carl and older Judith in a ravaged world, continuing the bleak struggle for survival, Road style

dustyherb

Random future speculation involving comics stuff.
I'm wondering what they'll do with Tara's character going forward. Maybe she'll play the roll Holly does in the comic?
Major comic spoilers
i think she is going to get Abraham's comic death. Eugene and her are really close so it would have a huge impact on his character. Either that or Rosita gets Abraham's and Tara gets Holly's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom