• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 609: “No Way Out”

PHCQs6Y.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 609, “No Way Out” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 609: “No Way Out” - AMC
  • Preview of Episode 610, “The Next World” - AMC | International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 610, “The Next World” - AMC | International
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
Talking Dead’s Inside The Dead:
  • Seth Gilliam was happy that Father Gabriel finally stood up and delivered a message of survival to the Alexandrians. “It speaks volumes to the impact that he can have on the community, and the value that he might have to Rick.”
  • 500 gallons of propane were used to create the fiery lake walker trap. The crew used propane instead of gasoline because it is easier to control and less noxious.
  • Ross Marquand says he barely slept over five intense days while filming this episode. “We're supposed to look a little terrible on this show anyway.”
PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

Sora_N

I knew this would happen to Sam eventually, but I actually didn't see this happening this time.

Why'd they have to kill the hot mom too? :(

I guess war veteran Carl is alright, that kid did him a favour lol.

Pretty fun episode, even Gabriel stepped up.

EDIT: Glenn a boss as usual, hahaha.

Why was Hardwick saying Morgan changed? Did I miss something? All he did was kill zombies, and even alpologized to the walker wolf beforehand. Gabriel on the other hand finally is starting to redeem himself.

With the thought that Sasha/Abraham wouldn't show up Glenn's plan seemed really stupid. He was going to get himself killed to save Maggie when he could have easily fired off some shots and made a distraction without getting himself cornered.

Well, if you were Glenn you'd probably feel a little cocky too at this point.

They're expecting the comic level of "oh here's this new character, AND THEY'RE GONE.gif" level of speed, which doesn't work as a TV show

they literally did just that tonight with the bikers

that dude was one of the more entertaining bad guys we've had and they blow him up before the starting credits because daryl needed to look cool for the premiere

UberTag

The still alive and kicking Alexandria hierarchy...

We're down to 15 red shirts.
How many will stick around until the end of the season?
Which ones could potentially get promoted to series regular status?
Who will be the last one left standing?
Should we be surprised that Olivia has outlived so many others?

Father Gabe redeemed!? Can't wait to see if his character transformed because of massacre
Possible Spoiler:
Could Father Gabe maybe get luciled?

neoism

I knew this would happen to Sam eventually, but I actually didn't see this happening this time.

Why'd they have to kill the hot mom too? :(

I guess war veteran Carl is alright, that kid did him a favour lol.

Pretty fun episode, even Gabriel stepped up.

EDIT: Glenn a boss as usual, hahaha.

yeah they tryin the make a shitty character not shitty... to late for him, lol.

still im a little surprised, waaaay better than ep 1

still sad about jesse her character was wasted, her kids were useless shits though.

also meh at cooral
14079433004523.jpg

Sora_N

yeah they tryin the make a shitty character not shitty... to late for him, lol.

still i little surprise, waaaay better than ep 1

still sad about jesse her character was wasted, her kids were useless shits though.

The older son got Carl's eye, I understand why he shot them. He was angry and thought it was Rick/Carl's fault that his brother and mom were being eaten but that was still stupid since even if Michonne didn't kill him the walkers will eat him too. He didn't let go of his hatred for Carl so I'm glad Michonne got him.

Wowwwww. I was not prepared. The tightest script and most intense action I think I've seen on this show.

Michonne should've gone with a decapitation move on the kid.

Wasn't the pond that is now filled with burnt zombies Alexandria's water supply?

neoism

The older son got Carl's eye, I understand why he shot them. He was angry and thought it was Rick/Carl's fault that his brother and mom were being eaten but that was still stupid since even if Michonne didn't kill him the walkers will eat him too. He didn't let go of his hatred for Carl so I'm glad Michonne got him.

yeah i kinda understand and even knew about cooral's eye, but still a terrible character... the kids took after the father. kappa
does anyone know if he got shot in the eye or did it graze it seems like getting shot in the eye would mean death without surgery.

lol edit nm they're explaining it on the talking dead.. damn alittle more than a graze...

The still alive and kicking Alexandria hierarchy...

We're down to 15 red shirts.
How many will stick around until the end of the season?
Which ones could potentially get promoted to series regular status?
Who will be the last one left standing?
Should we be surprised that Olivia has outlived so many others?

Some of these I wouldn't call red shirts.

Aaron is probably going to be a long-hauler, or at least around for a good while. He got the 'regular' treatment leading up to this season with promotion.
His boyfriend is on borrowed time though.

Deanna's son, Spencer, not sure what's going to happen with him. Probably will die, maybe not too soon as Deanna just died.

Denise is going through some development, she's probably safe this season.

Heath, the black dude on the left will be around for a long time me thinks.

Enid will definitely be made series regular too

The others I can't even remember their names.

Carl's eye was a huge holy shit wtf was that moment for me. I thought it when through his skull at first. I haven't read the comic books so I wasn't expecting him to live. Such a great episode. Good to see the weak characters like Eugene and the priest show courage.

yeah i kinda understand and even knew about cooral's eye, but still a terrible character... the kids took after the father. kappa
does anyone know if he got shot in the eye or did it graze it seems like getting shot in the eye would mean death without surgery.
lol_idi_amin.gif

This episode was pretty fantastic. Lots of crazy shit happening. A real shame about the sexy mom dying though, a true rip in piece sad story. A shame poor Rick couldn't even get some for the all the work this man has put post apocalypse. The WD world is cruel to Rick. :'(

So I think this episode showed Morgan was, maybe not 100% "right" but he had a point, and Carol had made mistakes and caused needless death. I was glad to see that.

So, good episode? I've had to skip over the thread for spoilers because I'm waiting to watch it with a friend, even though I'm current with the comic.

Saw this on Reddit and figured I'd post it here for thought. Below is a video of the big scene in the episode and somebody on Reddit mentioned that if you skip to 2:34 you hear somebody (Presumably the Director) telling Chandler to turn around for the seen. It seems like a weird oversight if that's actually the case and it sounds too coherent to be a walker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjCyjxc7TzQ

jett

D-Member
Man this episode was fucked up! TWD always delivers entertaining first episodes. I'm fed up with Glenn's cheat mode to be honest. Even for this show it's just a bit much.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Extremely entertaining episode. I sorta wish this had been the finale for Part 1 of this season. Seems like the perfect place to stop for a breather, but at least we got a really good opener for Part 2.

AMAZING episode. I for one am actually glad it was a little uplifting towards the end, especially after the horrible way that family died. I also actually yelled fuck yeah when Daryl walked out with a fucking bazooka. So good. Yes, this show is rife with flaws and stupid characters doing stupid shit, but in the end it's still extremely entertaining and I can't wait for the next episodes!

TheDanger

Banned
This has been a pretty great episode, even I'll admit. But that cold open swerve was something else.

It'll have to be like shot for shot from the comic for people to actually believe it.

WTF, I thought unmarked comic spoilers are not allowed? (I tagged it now, just in case.)

DrBo42

They killed my Breckenridge. Why must all the eye candy die so soon?

Why even do the whole "Mom, I can do this." thing if he's just going to get his entire family killed not even 5 minutes later? To force the whole Carol is the bad guy theme of the rest of her scenes?

Sh0k

Saw this on Reddit and figured I'd post it here for thought. Below is a video of the big scene in the episode and somebody on Reddit mentioned that if you skip to 2:34 you hear somebody (Presumably the Director) telling Chandler to turn around for the seen. It seems like a weird oversight if that's actually the case and it sounds too coherent to be a walker.

That's not the director saying "turn around",
it sounds more like the kid with the gun telling Rick and Carl to turn around.

Ha I heard it . Come on nicotero rookie mistake

Catdaddy

Great episode. At some point I thought I was playing Dying Light.

With God mode mod enabled... jeez they went on a spree...

So about the wall --- it's still open right? They were all sitting around at the end and I was thinking....isn't the wall breeched???

Ensirius

Good episode.
Glad Sam is dead, that kid couldnt not act for shit.
I loved the bikers villains, why did they need to kill them that quick? Come on.

mujun

Great ep except for a two little things I thought were weird.

1. Maggie could have sat on top of the fence if and when the wooden tower fell. No need for Glenn to do what he did.

2. The oil, fire, rocket launcher thing seemed pointless. Just run them over in the truck or get into the combat with everyone else.

For many people that bitch about it, it seems to be. Unless the entire cast is killing zombies every two minutes, the show "sucks" for them. "Too slow" and all that. They're expecting the comic level of "oh here's this new character, AND THEY'RE GONE.gif" level of speed, which doesn't work as a TV show. People have to "bond" with characters and have arcs that take up the times between enemy attacks.
Well while this is a little unrelated, the first half of season 5 kinda sucked in my opinion. I wasn't really digging the premier black and white shit much. The wolf invasion was pretty cray, but the shit that they pulled with Glenn was really annoying and they had the nerve to put a 90 minute Morgan episode after it...and it wasn't resolved the following week either iirc.

And then the mid season finale ends on another cliffhanger that apparently was retconned because as I said before, the kid was yelling mom right when they left the house and it was attracting zombies..

On topic, I can't think of a slow walking dead episode that I liked because I only started watching from season 4, but for me, every single episode doesn't have to be action packed to not be boring. Character development is important but so is pacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom