• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendero

This chapter pretty much confirmed that Carol is on death row. She finally met her future self ("Stopped counting when I reached the double digits").

As Morgan noticed in an earlier episode, this is something that Carol had already been thinking by herself. Seems the events of this chapter (her alter ego, Maggie's transformation, that "cookie baking" and Rick's summary murder), plus her snafu with Sam will have a major impact in the near future.

All events -worth mentioning-, in which Morgan was not involved.

She wasted what, all of Terminus.

carol-normal-qu-168060.jpg

Plus however many walkers and Saviors she's killed in the last few episodes.

GavinGT

Banned
Any character becoming more like Morgan is a regression. What the hell? I thought her whole panic attack thing was an act...

And Maggie's heading down the same road...

Any character becoming more like Morgan is a regression. What the hell? I thought her whole panic attack thing was an act...

And Maggie's heading down the same road...

The panic attack was. The point was to remove her gag for info and allow them to discover the rosary beads to let her use it to escape.

GavinGT

Banned
Carol should've spoken up. She knows that guy wasn't really Negan.

Rick probably knows that the guy wasn't speaking literally. How can Negan be in two places at once?

Rick's swift killing was just to further show that Carol is no longer on board with the rest of the crew. It's another instance of the writers caring more about conveying some sort of point than about writing their characters logically. It's the kind of trap that they haven't fallen into too often this season.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Put me in the camp that thinks Carol is on her way out this season. I love the character, but usually these type of episodes are followed by that character's death.

Show is still on a roll. This almost felt like a bottle episode, but a really well done one. Carol and Maggie are both characters that have grown quite a bit over the course of the show, always glad to see them get the spotlight.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Great showcase for Melissa McBride tonight. I'm guessing next week's episode will show what was happening back at Alexandria during the events of the last two episodes?

someday

Banned
I enjoyed the episode but that's probably because I love Carol. I'm ok with her crisis of conscience but I don't want them making her completely weak in the process. There is a middle ground and I'd rather Carol and Morgan find themselves there.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
5=6>4>3>2>1

4, 5 and 6 are far better than the first three for me. Based Gimple and all that.

Strongly agree. I always say this is one of the few shows that has gotten stronger with age. Season 1, 2, and 3 have some pretty low lows. And it was an uphill climb to fix that stuff, but it's almost like a different show from where it was back then.

The One and Done™;198294287 said:
It feels like The Group has been grabbing way too many Wins this season; Glenn cheating death twice, overcoming the Wolf invasion, dominating the Herd, Carl becoming more badass AFTER getting his face blown off, nuking Negans crew, finding Jesus, Splinter Celling the Ssviors, Carol and Maggie going Army of Two, Richonne happening, even Gabriel has become the fucking Paladin from Hellsing.

They have been dominant. There is no way this season will end with a win for the group at this point IMO. I feel like the scales will be balanced in one way or the other. It scares the shit outta me because I absolutely love the entire Group this season, even the Alexandrans.
Everything points out at the Negan dude bodying one of them. If it happens, I hope it's 2-3 instead of just one just to show how dangerous these people are.

rec0ded1

Did I miss something when did Carol start second guessing herself? Was it because that kid got himself and family eaten (thank goodness) or that she shot that dude that might've been OK like Morgan said?

xaosslug

i'd believe Carol would leave the group (again) before dying, at this point.

and she's not turning into Morgan, imo. Just having a moment. That's why she told Daryl she's not ok, and she was telling Maggie none of that would have happened if she hadn't purposefully shot that guy in the arm instead of killing him. She KNOWS she can't be behaving Morgan-like, which is a STARK contrast from Morgan in and of itself.

Doom.

Banned
I thought this is going to be a slow episode.
Holy shit.

I like to see Maggie and Carol buddy cop show

This season has been brutal

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 613: “The Same Boat”

QVbsL4I.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 613, “The Same Boat” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 613: “The Same Boat” - AMC
  • Preview of Episode 614, “Twice as Far” - AMC | International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 614, “Twice as Far” - AMC
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
Talking Dead’s Inside The Dead:
  • Although Rick is barely in this episode, Andrew Lincoln was on set for the scene when he and Alicia Witt's character first spoke. He was off-camera, acting out his part of the walkie-talkie conversation.
  • With the exception of the opening scene, only one set was used for the entire episode. The custom-built slaughterhouse included movable walls and provided a permanent home base for all eight days of filming.
  • Jeananne Goossen, who plays ‘Chelle, is terrified of walkers. Each day on set, she would introduce herself to each walker extra to help her remember they were still “just people.”
PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

GavinGT

Banned
So are we thinking the Saviors are basically a cult led by Negan? They really don't seem that way, aside from the "we are all Negan" thing.

Grizzlyjin

Am I bad for wishing Paula had survived this episode? I think she would have made a nice villain. Could have had her run off, but she doesn't go back to The Saviors out of fear that she'd be punished. Alicia Witt is a fantastic actress, would have been nice if they could have kept her around.

Am I bad for wishing Paula had survived this episode? I think she would have made a nice villain. Could have had her run off, but she doesn't go back to The Saviors out of fear that she'd be punished. Alicia Witt is a fantastic actress, would have been nice if they could have kept her around.
This was where my biggest disappointment was. Paula would've been a great character for this show, and I was wondering if Carol was going to get the ax while she lived.

Disappointing how they gave us a little fiction behind her character only for her to be killed in the same episode, using her as a tool for Carol to see herself (which she already was, I think).

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Unpopular opinions time! - I think Carol had outlived her "It's cool to be all hard all the time!" persona as soon as her Mindgames lead to Sam getting his whole bloodline killed. And then she killed the helpful wolf right afterward.

The show is always about character playing on the edge, and she's been pushing to and past it for a while.

Morgan's way of peace serves the same purpose as Negan's group being a bigger issue than something you can kill over a night or 2 and be settled with; it keeps the group from being comfortable and complacent, reminding them that any "simple and straight forward" outlook is bound to get trampled eventually.

Maybe Morgan's "give humans a chance" speech is boring for an exceedingly bloodthirsty audience, but the adaptation of the once weak Alexandrians into the greater group supports him.

No one they meet is "Too far gone" yet, because our main group has, from an exterior outlook, become much further gone than almost any threat they face.

Maggie and Carol getting soul transplants this ep is also a nice way to potentially pass on the torch of "Badass Mother" from one woman to another. Everyone in this show generally either gets stronger, or gets dead, when they have children to protect.

And for the record, I could see the Badass on "Ma'm with a Mission" Maggie tonight, much easier than I can generally see it on Carol. Carols a bit more unique with it (as she doesn't look the part naturally), but you also expect all this from her, since she's the warning button for such antics now.

Seeing Maggie LOOK like she can pull it off isn't surprising, but we haven't seen her do it as much, so it still feels fresher, at least to me.

Carol's lack of emotion, and getting stuff done, VS Maggie's Too much emotion, putting more people (even unborn ones) at risk than necessary... they're both flawed. Add Morgan to this group, and everyone has short-term solutions for long-term problems. The real answers lay somewhere in between all the events that have built up this season, hopefully the Finale starts to bring that all together.

FZZ

Banned
(future show spoiler)
The season finale.

Nice

Also did they do this in the comics? Where "everyone" was Negan? I don't remember it, and how big is Negan's army because based on how many they already killed I don't wanna know how many more people there are?

So are we thinking the Saviors are basically a cult led by Negan? They really don't seem that way, aside from the "we are all Negan" thing.

The spoke in military like code on the radio, had fallback positions and scouting parties. They are much bigger than any group on the show. Neegan's identity is being kept nebulous so the group never has a head to outsiders. Jesus thought the satellite station was the only post, but there are many more.

Consumer

Decent episode. Next week's looks like absolute filler, though, which is to be expected after ~5 intense episodes.

I wonder what will happen when the show surpasses the comic's plotline. Perhaps the comic will start imitating the show? Who knows.

Grizzlyjin

Decent episode. Next week's looks like absolute filler, though, which is to be expected after ~5 intense episodes.

I wonder what will happen when the show surpasses the comic's plotline. Perhaps the comic will start imitating the show? Who knows.

I'm not super concerned about them catching up, honestly. Comic is in the 150s now, and right now the show is inching towards where the comic was at 100. Considering how they already like to insert original content into the show, I don't know if they'll ever surpass the comic.

Minor Comic Spoilers:
I would bet the show goes off into their own content after this arc with The Saviors is done. Things get super crazy and then slow down a bit, and they basically reset the table and introduce us to the new status quo. But I could see them getting a season and half, maybe even two seasons out of all the stuff with Negan even before we get to that point.

That's why she told Daryl she's not ok, and she was telling Maggie none of that would have happened if she hadn't purposefully shot that guy in the arm instead of killing him.

I don't really think Carol's right on that. If she had executed the guy, there's no reason to believe the others wouldn't have just executed Maggie and Carol in retaliation.

It's getting hard to root for the "good guys" when they're just cold-blooded killers. Rick seems to have lost his moral compass and there's no one in his inner circle who feels like challenging him on his decisions anymore (or even disagrees), except for Morgan whom no one listens to anyway.

Rick and Maggie took the low-road when they made a deal with the other settlement. When Negan's people come looking for answers, you can be sure that shifty leader will sell out Rick's group in a second and Alexandria will be toast.

At this moment I consider Rick's group to be psychopaths.

And to be quite honest every badass "we've got to kill them all" moment is going to come back around on them 10 fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom