• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone "Thank god is wasn't Glen. The nightmare is over."

Negan -
giphy.gif

:(

OldMan

Banned
They got a week before Negan checks up on them so that's 2 maybe 3 episodes of fucking around.

Should be good, I'm out WDgaf, goodnight.

Best regards

OM

SPOIL
so we know that in the comics, rick goes to war with negan eventually and wins. my question to comic book readers is, do you think the war will happen by this mid season or season finale? or are they gonna stretch this arc out and the war could not happen till season 8?
My guess is that they are going to stretch it out. Just like they did with last seasons story arc.

Jerm411

The One and Done™;221252796 said:
Last Season was The Group collecting Ws. This Season The Group won't make the playoffs.

I think they've done a great job of building the group up, esp. Rick, as complete Alphas that when they find someone who is on another level it makes it that much more striking and effective.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What the hell is wrong with AV Club? They give the most boring episodes of the show that most seem to hate an A and they give this a C?

Example: Here's not Here got an A.

I agree with everything he said in the review. The show is pulling the same crap over and over again. There's no pathos here, it's just wanton slaughter with no purpose or meaning behind it.

Carl's bad acting suits his character though. He's supposed to be this sociopathic young man because of having to grow up in this world. His lack of emotion is kind of perfect.

To be fair emotion doesn't just equal tears and sadness, he wasn't crying or overcome with emotion like the others but I think that's the point. He was sad but more clearly pissed and unlike the others, wasn't afraid to show it. He just didn't do anything too rash like attack Negan, cough... Daryl. Carl was like the only one not crying/overcome with emotion - I don't think that has much to do with acting ability because he's delivered such scenes decently in the past.

At least that's what I think they may have been going for with his character. If his arc plays out like it does in the comic then it makes sense to me.

Pilgrimzero

To be fair emotion doesn't just equal tears and sadness, he wasn't crying or overcome with emotion like the others but I think that's the point. He was clearly pissed. Carl was like the only one not crying/overcome with emotion - I don't think that has much to do with acting ability because he's delivered such scenes decently in the past.

At least that's what I think they may have been going for with his character. If his arc plays out like it does in the comic then it makes sense to me.

That glare he was giving Negan was straight out of the comic.

Darkangel

I constantly shit on TWD, but I thought this was a great episode.

Kind of hilarious how they can show THAT, but can't drop F-Bombs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom