• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fiancee caught the behind the scenes of Steven and Michael in the make up and she checked out immediately. She got off easy as far as I'm concerned..

BFIB

IGN made it clear with the whole Glenn fake out from last season. It did lessen his death here some, because over the years he survived impossible odds.

Lothar

Banned
I agree with everything he said in the review. The show is pulling the same crap over and over again. There's no pathos here, it's just wanton slaughter with no purpose or meaning behind it.

The purpose is building up the best villain of the show and making people desperately root for him to be put down.

Giving it a low rating is like giving the Red Wedding episode a low rating.

he got so much fame from being on this show, he should definitely get movie deals or starring tv deals and he could pave the way other Asian actors to mix in the Hollywood pool

I've heard this about a great many performances from POC actors and actresses, only to see nothing in return.

It's definitely not a done deal.

Not handling it right would be giving us, oh, an entire episode of bullying and masochism. Don't get me wrong, Jeffrey Dean Morgan's smiling, bellowing agent of evil, Negan, has some interesting elements to him. I like the juxtaposition too of his mood versus his horrible actions. But "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be" was just unpleasant to watch. It was if the Red Wedding lasted an entire hour just so that it could pad out an episode and fit in a crapload of commercials.

That's exactly what I expected. I wonder what people expect though. Is an episode that's that brutal a bad episode? Is extreme brutality no good?

Tonky

The purpose is building up the best villain of the show and making people desperately root for him to be put down.

The Red Wedding was still a good episode though.

I need Cohan in the rain fam
shaq.png

TheFlow

Banned
Anyone make any gifs of Negan wrecking Glenn and Abe yet?
Why is this in al black bar. Literally no one has any idea what you are trying hide. Might as well get rid of the spoiler tag if you aren't going to add context to it.

That being said it doesn't require a spoil tag since we already know that happened

Tonky

Alright something I'm still confused about that they didn't explain: what exactly happened from Eugene's POV between them hauling off Maggie on foot and then showing up there (it appeared that Eugene was the first one to the party). And how much time elapsed between the two events?

But so far he's an incredibly boring, one-note cliche villain like we've seen in ten thousand movies and shows. Glib wise-cracking sadist. Yawn.

Comic readers insist he gets good later but show watchers are under no obligation to take their word for it.

x-Lundz-x

But so far he's an incredibly boring, one-note cliche villain like we've seen in ten thousand movies and shows. Glib wise-cracking sadist. Yawn.

Comic readers insist he gets good later but show watchers are under no obligation to take their word for it.

Did we watch the same episode? 🤔🤔🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom