• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

°Marvel vs Capcom 3° NeoGAF tournament of salt and pringles

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Because it wouldn't be fair to those who did play their matches. But if the majority of the people want it that I would not mind. Makes it easier for me.

Morris

Disco Devil
Honestly, I think playing against God's Beard in a ft7 to determine who moves on from our pool is kind of a chore.

So I propose this: since Karst already went trought the trouble of playing GB and won all 7 matches, why don't Giancarlo and I just play a ft3, winner moves on. It's easier and would be more fair than just playing GB...

Because it wouldn't be fair to those who did play their matches. But if the majority of the people want it that I would not mind. Makes it easier for me.
I think we all just want the tournament to conclude in a timely manner while those of us who have stuck around and played their matches still have a chance to finish things out.

So, in that spirit, I am 100% for disqualifying anyone who is being unresponsive about playing their matches. I am also 100% for waiting for folks who are trying to find time for matches, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

then you'd have to give everyone a second chance to make it fair.
I was just responding to Kadey's request. It's her tournament, and I'll play by her rules whether I like them or not. Heck, it's awfully generous of her to be giving free prizes when she gets nothing from this (not even a good entertaining viewing of the matches...).

Honestly, I think playing against God's Beard in a ft7 to determine who moves on from our pool is kind of a chore.

So I propose this: since Karst already went trought the trouble of playing GB and won all 7 matches, why don't Giancarlo and I just play a ft3, winner moves on. It's easier and would be more fair than just playing GB...
I would certainly not argue with this, but I'm obviously a biased party of your suggestion, haha.

shaowebb

I think the next tourney should be ran like Ranbats. You sign up as a team and on one console and you get a number. Each week you find out what number fights what and you run those sets that week. You run so many matches and rounds and such and points are awarded for everything.

Just check out the Gafbats season 2 rules for this stuff because it sounds awesome. Plus it removes counter pick teams from the field and helps you to get better as your team over 9 weeks. Best part is the guy who won a ton of rounds but lost his matchups in the clutch may find themselves by the end of week 9 having the most points and winning for proving that they are consistently a tough opponent even if they dropped a few wins.

Just check the thread and pray the UMVC3 tourney is like this because even if your guy doesn't report in you can still move on each week.

Awesome point setup for a tourney to look into here Kadey

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I do not run Ranbats. That's Kuma's thing. If someone wants to do it for Marvel, feel free.

If Floyd and Gian wants to do it their way, it's alright.

Personally I nominate Q and Chauncey for coming back. But I'll make it first come first serve. So any two people already out can come in, it doesn't matter who.

ReiGun

My old copy got messed up. I ordered a new one and it's on its way, but feel free to take me out. I feel like a dick for holding everyone up. :(

Kadey said:
-=stomps foot=- Here's how it's going down.

Tournament has to end by UMVC3 or it will be cancelled altogether. It's ridiculous to see people not be committed to the game after registering. Nobody is paying anything to be in it.

All it takes is three matches. That's like 2 and half minutes of your time if you're God Beard's.

If ourney doesn't end, prizes will be put into another tourney. I do have a list of people pulling out throughout all my tournies. Just be aware if I run future tournaments and if you want in, I may not be in a good mood to let you.
Make a special note for me.

I only pulled out because I waited for something like a month to no avail.
Kadey said:
Yeah nobody wants any of this stuff. Such a shame.
I am so going to win prizes when the 360 tournaments start lol.

It does not bode well for this to fall to the second page - are there entire groups that simply have no interest in playing at all?

Chavelo

You guys are just lucky I decided to trade my PS3 for an Xbox, and then get that same Xbox stolen a month later.

YOU'RE SOOO LUCKY, I SAY!

/springfieldlemon.jpg

But, I don't mind grabbing that swag, Kadey. :3

Karsticles said:
It does not bode well for this to fall to the second page - are there entire groups that simply have no interest in playing at all?
Kadey should put his foot down and start kicking people or tell them to hurry up. I want to win or lose already!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Prototype-03 said:
LOOK WHAT PM I GOT THIS MORNING FROM REIGUN:
LOL that's just fucking silly. If you didn't have a copy of the game shouldn't it of been proper to drop out due to technical difficulties or what ever. The hell D:

QisTopTier said:
LOL that's just fucking silly. If you didn't have a copy of the game shouldn't it of been proper to drop out due to technical difficulties or what ever. The hell D:

lol-you-is-jelly.jpg

edit: Don't worry, I'm about to get eliminated anyway. I'm 3-0 right now.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
giancarlo123x said:
Kadey should put his foot down and start kicking people or tell them to hurry up. I want to win or lose already!

I'm a she.

Yeah. It's pass the point where I have to keep reminding people to play their games. The people who are still in it know who they are, the thread is here, there is no excuse at this point.

It's unfortunate for those who are active and wants this to end and get what they want. The deadline is getting closer and closer.

As I've said before, the tournies will be on 360 from now on. Last two tournaments were PS3 ran and people took way too long to do what they had to. I've actually been told I shouldn't even bother to throw prizes in, especially something of that value but I'm doing it because I want to. I personally am not getting anything out of this.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kadey said:
I'm a she.

Yeah. It's pass the point where I have to keep reminding people to play their games. The people who are still in it know who they are, the thread is here, there is no excuse at this point.
It's been past that for like 3 months now LOL. Games shouldn't take longer than a week save special occasions. Shit longer than that, first person to clock in after the week = winner. It's just flat out stupid seeing the people that are supposed to be playing POSTING EVERY OTHER DAY yet not freaking playing each other. Tournaments on gaf on either side of the spectrum takes 50000 years. There is no penalty for not playing. Let alone it's a bit silly to have a tournament then have it end 6 months later when people have way more practice and new things are found out over that whole time vs the start of it. Alas it's not my tournament though so ya :p

Edit: Didn't the sf4 tourney last til ssf4 was almost out? -.-

Kadey said:
I'm a she.

It's unfortunate for those who are active and wants this to end and get what they want. The deadline is getting closer and closer.

As I've said before, the tournies will be on 360 from now on. Last two tournaments were PS3 ran and people took way too long to do what they had to. I've actually been told I shouldn't even bother to throw prizes in, especially something of that value but I'm doing it because I want to. I personally am not getting anything out of this.
Sorry about the gender mistake. :p A little bit over a month for UMC3! Hurry it up people!

ReiGun

My results:

lost to NeoUltimate 2-1

won against Prototype 2-1

ggs guys. Sorry again for holding up progress. *leaves to practice Doom combos*

Pool White haired boys ≡ SephirothRK ° ~Devil Trigger~ ° akachan ningen - Akachin and DT suppose to play for tie breaker.

Pool Not Final Fantasy ≡ Cloudius ° Lyte Edge ° Ultimo

Pool 9999 Damage ≡ Reigun ° NeoUltima ° Prototype-03

Pool Ugly mustache men ≡ Karsticles ° Morro! ° giancarlo123x

Pool Can't dance but does anyway = Showmeyamoves ° Degen ° Spindashing - I think Spindashing and Showmeyourmoves still need to play?

Pool Wears a jetpack while boating ≡ the_log_ride ° Gibration ° Jetman1

Cloudius12 said:
Pool White haired boys ≡ SephirothRK ° ~Devil Trigger~ ° akachan ningen - Akachin and DT suppose to play for tie breaker.

Pool Not Final Fantasy ≡ Cloudius ° Lyte Edge ° Ultimo

Pool 9999 Damage ≡ Reigun ° NeoUltima ° Prototype-03

Pool Ugly mustache men ≡ Karsticles ° Morro! ° giancarlo123x

Pool Can't dance but does anyway = Showmeyamoves ° Degen ° Spindashing - I think Spindashing and Showmeyourmoves still need to play?

Pool Wears a jetpack while boating ≡ the_log_ride ° Gibration ° Jetman1
What does the bold signify?

Degen

I see Best Pool ™ is still slacking on that last set

whatever, definitely done PMing people about matches that aren't mine

JeTmAn81 said:
Looks like it's the winners of the pool. Do you think you should've been bolded?

Two pools left. What's the holdup, fellas?
I should be in like Karsticles points out. Give the people who havent played like a week max from today or something, speed this up tenfold.

Degen

how is 3-1 possible, lol

*scrolls up*

oh.

some of the people who haven't played yet are definitely around here, posting and what not.. you'd think playing me would remind them that there are people to play against.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I need to think of when the best time and day I can play would be.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Fine if you put it that way I'll go now. No idea where he is though.

Top Bottom