• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

°Marvel vs Capcom 3° NeoGAF tournament of salt and pringles

Karsticles said:
Just an update for me: I definitely will not be able to do my matches until a week or two from now. Sorry for the inconvenience! I understand if I am removed, but do know that I would love to play. I simply signed up for this tournament six months ago, and life circumstances were very different back then.
I hope we get to fight, lets see if you're allowed to continue.

I hope we get to fight, lets see if you're allowed to continue.
I doubt I'd be kicked out unless everyone is waiting on just me. I'll only be out of commission for another week. I was one of the first to finish my matches from the first round, after all.

Unless I say something, everything is the same. I'll be so glad when this tourney is finally over.
Do you plan on doing an UMvC3 tournament? Haha. ;-)

PS3 is back online and I played some last night - I suppose it's time for those matches. ;-)

Let me know what your guys' schedules are like.

Karsticles said:
PS3 is back online and I played some last night - I suppose it's time for those matches. ;-)

Let me know what your guys' schedules are like.
Im usually on around noon or 1 eastern time or late at night. We can work something out comfortable for the both of us.

Karsticles said:
How about Tuesday evening at around 6PM EST?
That might be perfect actually, its my day off so hopefully something doesnt come up randomly. (Im also receiving my first ever TE stick tomorrow but ill stick to controller since I know ill be crap with it at first. lol)
Edit: Me and Karsticles finally played our matches. It was an intense 2-1 in my favor. I got lucky. lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Someone do me a favor and notify all those whom haven't played yet to do so. I'm real close to beating some ass.

Kadey said:
Someone do me a favor and notify all those whom haven't played yet to do so. I'm real close to beating some ass.

Haven't seen my 2nd guy ever since I added him. But I'm losing internet for a few days since I'm in the middle of a move.

NeoUltima

Kadey said:

Prototype-03 said:
Haven't seen my 2nd guy ever since I added him. But I'm losing internet for a few days since I'm in the middle of a move.

This is a few weeks old now but:

I got a message from Reigun. He doesn't have a copy of the game atm and may not be able to participate.

I'll try to message him later to see if he has a copy now. But based on our conversation last time, probably not.

2-1 against Morro, my favor.

Since Morro went 2-1 against Gian, and Gian went 2-1 against me, it looks like we have a 3-way tie.

How do you want it resolved Kadey?

Neki

Karsticles said:

Since Morro went 2-1 against Gian, and Gian went 2-1 against me, it looks like we have a 3-way tie.

I knew three in pools was going to be problematic, lol.

Karsticles said:

Things just got interesting.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ultimoo said:
someone tell me when Lyte gets on. D:

Every time I go on, you're not there, LOL. You aren't on for days a time dude.

Just let me know (PM or PSN message) when it's good for you!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Three way ties are determined by playing 7 matches against God's beard. Two with the most wins against him moves on but it's highly possible all of you guys can get 7 wins against him since he's the worst Marvel player in the history of the game. In that case, I'll think of something.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kadey said:
Three way ties are determined by playing 7 matches against God's beard. Two with the most wins against him moves on but it's highly possible all of you guys can get 7 wins against him since he's the worst Marvel player in the history of the game. In that case, I'll think of something.
It's guaranteed they will. How about they just write a theory craft page and if they can make us laugh harder than he can they beat him......... :D

smurfx

get some go again
get ultimate for the 360 and organize a tournament there kadey. we 360 owners are far more reliable than ps3 owners. :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
smurfx said:
get ultimate for the 360 and organize a tournament there kadey. we 360 owners are far more reliable than ps3 owners. :p
No one on gaf is freaking reliable for these things. EVER. Well ok that's not completely true but for the most part shit gets stalled up to 8 months or more all the time

Lyte Edge

QisTopTier said:
No one on gaf is freaking reliable for these things. EVER. Well ok that's not completely true but for the most part shit gets stalled up to 8 months or more all the time

The ranbats are keeping things going with a week to play each match, maximum. This should not be taking so long.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Lyte Edge said:
The ranbats are keeping things going with a week to play each match, maximum. This should not be taking so long.
LOL which was pretty much what I was saying on kadey's stream the other day. There should be a week leeway otherwise you are out. Unless you actually have a real excuse *family vacation, natrual disaster type stuff*

I mean sure it's all supposed to be fun, but how is it fun for everyone when one or two people just straight up hold everyone back for months at a time. It's not even a valid tournament at that point seeing how the time since the start and the end are so damn far apart as well x.x

smurfx

get some go again
Kadey said:
Ultimate will be on 360.
312eduh.jpg

ROFL, that's cold.

Alright God's Beard, add me on PSN: Karsticles.

Let me know when you're around and we'll do our 7 matches.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Someone do me a favor and pm Ferrio about being Gib's replacement. If he doesn't want in, just get someone else already out. The quicker this ends, the faster I can get rid of these stuff collecting dust here. Would really like this damn tournament to end before Ultimate comes out.

And yeah, I will make sure next time this doesn't happen again. Won't be as nice.

Uh GB, with how you said your internet is on the MvC3 thread, do you really want to torture everyone with your connection? :-/

Someone do me a favor and pm Ferrio about being Gib's replacement. If he doesn't want in, just get someone else already out. The quicker this ends, the faster I can get rid of these stuff collecting dust here. Would really like this damn tournament to end before Ultimate comes out.
If you want, you can just send me the fight stick to clear out that space. ;-)

Kadey said:

And yeah, I will make sure next time this doesn't happen again. Won't be as nice.

Contacted Ferrio directly... I still don't know where my 2nd guy is but I won't be able to play until this Saturday anyway. Getting internet in our new place :/

edit: BONUS: This time my PS3 will be wired which should mean better connection.

Ferrio

Banned
Kadey said:

Wait what? I haven't played marvel in *months*. Guess it'd be a free win who I'm up against if I do it. Who is it?

No doubt I'll try parrying shit.

giancarlo123x, Morro!, Karsticles

Their PSN names are in the op or 2 somewhere.

But Seven matches each? Whoever has least wins against you gets eliminated.

Karsticles said:
Uh GB, with how you said your internet is on the MvC3 thread, do you really want to torture everyone with your connection? :-/

If you want, you can just send me the fight stick to clear out that space. ;-)

We can play tonight at 10 PST if you want. You'll be my connection test.

Lyte Edge

Ultimoo, I am still waiting to hear from you! Let's get our part over with already.

7-0 in my favor against God's Beard - GGs sir.

Edit: Oh, and I thought your connection was fine. Especially...you're in the west coast right? One of the best west coast connections I've played against IMO.

Bullshit, I couldn't do quarter circle motions. Why do you think I kept doing ABCS^ with viper? Not because I wanted that shit. Nobody misses S into seismo. You'd have to be an ass.

Just jumping around in slow motion until phoenix teleports me to death wasn't that fun. I couldn't do TK xx EX TK or anything. I must have looked like I was just doing random stupid shit.

Also, 6-0. I wasn't moving the one game because I accidentally pressed rematch and got stuck with my troll team I was using to test the connection.

edit: the last guy I fought said the same thing, though. Felt good from his end. Doesn't help that all 5 of my roommates were on the internet.

Maybe you just aren't used to online play? Otherwise it sounds like you had a fundamentally different experience from me, since I was able to do Phoenix's TK trap relaunch combos just fine.

The match you weren't moving in I waited for you to move, and you attacked Phoenix and brought her to 20% health - you fought and didn't say until after all the matches were done that that one (match 3 or 4?) didn't count. I honestly thought you were just fucking with my head to see if I would stop attacking so you could get a free shot at me.

At this point, I'll just say that the other two fellows can get their games in with you, and unless both of them do 6-1 or better against you, it won't be necessary for us to have a final match - easier on everyone that way. It would be good of you to communicate things in the future though.

Wasn't your "troll team" something like Trish/Sentinel/???. I don't understand why you would need to use a specific team to test the connection.

Edit: And if the connection was really so atrocious, why did you get upset about me leaving, saying that you wanted to keep playing? Personally, I always want to abandon such connections ASAP.

Edit2: I'm not entirely in disbelief about our experiences being dissimilar. While every individual educated in networking tells me that you and I must have had the same experience, I've been in your situation before against people who told me the connection was fine, but it felt like a lagfest to me. It's a funny thing with the netcode - I am sure you are a much better player than what the game let you demonstrate sir. In fact, Q may remember me being in your position around March of this year...

Top Bottom