• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

°Marvel vs Capcom 3° NeoGAF tournament of salt and pringles

Karsticles said:
The match you weren't moving in I waited for you to move, and you attacked Phoenix and brought her to 20% health - you fought and didn't say until after all the matches were done that that one (match 3 or 4?) didn't count. I honestly thought you were just fucking with my head to see if I would stop attacking so you could get a free shot at me.
After you already killed my other two characters? I was just trying to speed it up because it seemed like you stopped for a second. I was bored of watching jump back fireball teleport
Karsticles said:
Maybe you just aren't used to online play? Otherwise it sounds like you had a fundamentally different experience from me, since I was able to do Phoenix's TK trap relaunch combos just fine.
Wasn't your "troll team" something like Trish/Sentinel/???. I don't understand why you would need to use a specific team to test the connection.
Captain America/Sentinel/Trish, I just wanted easier to use characters than C.Viper so I could get used to moving around. It still feels weird, like going from 3s to SF4 or something. Everything just slows down.
Edit: And if the connection was really so atrocious, why did you get upset about me leaving, saying that you wanted to keep playing? Personally, I always want to abandon such connections ASAP.
I don't care that much about the game being laggy, it makes me mad when I can't do anything but I just wanted to play since I went through all the effort of moving my cables around. I've lost 40 times in a row to Saty but I keep playing him.

As for why I didn't say anything until the match was over, it's cause I fucking hate typing on my arcade stick. Same reason I didn't want to use GAF chat.

After you already killed my other two characters? I was just trying to speed it up because it seemed like you stopped for a second. I was bored of watching jump back fireball teleport
I killed one, then waited, then killed another, etc. Without trying to be a jerk, you were doing so poorly I wasn't sure if you were trying to psyche me out or just giving up out of frustration. Regardless, I am not contesting whether the match counts, as I said.

Captain America/Sentinel/Trish, I just wanted easier to use characters than C.Viper so I could get used to moving around. It still feels weird, like going from 3s to SF4 or something. Everything just slows down.
I understand.

I don't care that much about the game being laggy, it makes me mad when I can't do anything but I just wanted to play since I went through all the effort of moving my cables around. I've lost 40 times in a row to Saty but I keep playing him.
I don't mind losing a lot either, but I leave lagfests ASAP - different standards I suppose. I wish your the best of luck against your other two opponents sir.

As for why I didn't say anything until the match was over, it's cause I fucking hate typing on my arcade stick. Same reason I didn't want to use GAF chat.
GAF chat is just better than the message system because it's easier to check IMO. Personally, I have found it infinitely worthwhile to spend $20 on a USB keyboard to type on - it's been great.

Yeah, but the only game I have is Marvel and I'm not going to play online when I've never had a good connection. I played another match after you left on Ranked, and I would hit a button, nothing would some out, so I'd hit something else since the opponent moved, and then the first attack would come out. I've tried just inputting the buttons regardless of what the screen looks like, and half the combo would come out at once like a dial a combo, then some random crap would happen.

Or when I was fighting you, I'd do an air dash down forward then hold down back to block when I landed, and I'd get a down or down back air dash because the game didn't register my motions for a split second. The worst is when I held down back and Magneto or whoever would stay standing for a second so I just get hit by fireball teleport over and over and over. Or just random attacks because my character doesn't feel like moving. Even chicken blocking was hard, I lose track of my character really easily when the screen doesn't match what buttons I'm hitting.

It makes me sad mostly, because everyone makes fun of me for not playing people, but I can't play online because I can't do anything. I can't even learn matchups like this, so there wasn't any way for me to get better. Street Fighter's the opposite. I play online all the time because the connections are good, but I hate the game so I never really use training mode.

I'll play the other two guys if they PM me good times, but I'm just going to go on SRK and see if I can find some locals to practice with now that I live in San Francisco.

So, who has yet to fight? Just curious on how everyone else is progressing. We have a goal now - done before UMvC3 releases! ;-)

JeTmAn81

The only way to finish before Ultimate is to put a hard time limit on matches (my suggestion is one week). No excuses, even if you've been in the tourney from the beginning. Otherwise, we merge with infinity.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Still haven't heard from Ultimoo. I didn't go on PSN today, but last night I checked and he hadn't been online for 12 days. WHERE YOU AT DUDE LET'S GET THIS OVER WITH! I have got to be beyond-easy to take out at this point.

JeTmAn81 said:
The only way to finish before Ultimate is to put a hard time limit on matches (my suggestion is one week). No excuses, even if you've been in the tourney from the beginning. Otherwise, we merge with infinity.

Yup. This tournament needs to get cleaned up.

Neki

Lyte Edge said:
Still haven't heard from Ultimoo. I didn't go on PSN today, but last night I checked and he hadn't been online for 12 days. WHERE YOU AT DUDE LET'S GET THIS OVER WITH! I have got to be beyond-easy to take out at this point.

Yup. This tournament needs to get cleaned up.

what time tomorrow will you be on then?

Maybe some kind of status report on who is left would be a good idea? I know the other two gentlemen in my pool have to play God's Beard still.

Lyte Edge

Ultimoo said:
what time tomorrow will you be on then?

In the evening between 7-10 EST, typically. Can probably get on earlier if you have a specific time in mind. Should only take 30 seconds per match for you to beat me!

Lyte Edge

Ultimoo said:
actually, won't be getting home until 9pm mountain today, not sure if that works.

I think that's like 11PM for me. Might not work today then...I tend to stop playing games by then since I need to get to sleep earlier on weeknights.

Neki

Lyte Edge said:
I think that's like 11PM for me. Might not work today then...I tend to stop playing games by then since I need to get to sleep earlier on weeknights.
we can try friday then. I didn't think I had a lab today, but I do, and it's at 5PM. the luxuries of school.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
-=stomps foot=- Here's how it's going down.

Tournament has to end by UMVC3 or it will be cancelled altogether. It's ridiculous to see people not be committed to the game after registering. Nobody is paying anything to be in it.

All it takes is three matches. That's like 2 and half minutes of your time if you're God Beard's.

If ourney doesn't end, prizes will be put into another tourney. I do have a list of people pulling out throughout all my tournies. Just be aware if I run future tournaments and if you want in, I may not be in a good mood to let you.

Neki

smurfx said:
you can always ship that stick out to me kadey if the tournament is cancelled. ;D
yeah, you really need a stick for those advanced haggar and taskmaster combos right?

Kadey said:

Tournament has to end by UMVC3 or it will be cancelled altogether. It's ridiculous to see people not be committed to the game after registering. Nobody is paying anything to be in it.

All it takes is three matches. That's like 2 and half minutes of your time if you're God Beard's.

If ourney doesn't end, prizes will be put into another tourney. I do have a list of people pulling out throughout all my tournies. Just be aware if I run future tournaments and if you want in, I may not be in a good mood to let you.
Instate a 1 week rule right now! DO IT NAO!

I will die a little inside if the tournament was canceled.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah nobody wants any of this stuff. Such a shame.

kKD84.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Never. I get new candy almost every week. My mother's friend works at the mecca of Candy stores. That's where I get all my imported candies.

I mean no disrespect, but it does seem odd to punish those who have been here since the beginning and played their matches because some people might not go through with theirs. Clearly it's not a punishment/threat to those who aren't playing their matches, since they have no chance at getting the prizes anyway.

I politely and respectfully suggest that some form of a rule is implemented to limit the time given to players.

Neki

Karsticles said:
FYI, Tron combos aren't hard either.

I want. :-(

if that was true, everyone would be using Ammy-Sentinel-Tron, but they're not, so there must be some skill floor!~

real talk!

Neki

I've seen more Taskmasters in one day of ranked match making than I have seen of Tron in all my games.

real talk.

taskmaster = brain dead. amirite.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Karsticles said:
I mean no disrespect, but it does seem odd to punish those who have been here since the beginning and played their matches because some people might not go through with theirs. Clearly it's not a punishment/threat to those who aren't playing their matches, since they have no chance at getting the prizes anyway.

I politely and respectfully suggest that some form of a rule is implemented to limit the time given to players.

Because this is one of those cases where a bunch of people are ruining something for others. I'm not going to send out $500+ out in prizes for a mere handful of people playing. That's not how it works.

Prototype-03 said:
I jusg pm'ed ReiGun to see if he can play
yeah about that...

NeoUltima last month said:
My results (so far) for pool 9999 Damage:

NeoUltima 3 - 0 Prototype-03

I feel dirty how I won that first game. Proto was close to a perfect but I heard an assist called and unleashed a hyper xf hyper happy birthday. Xf so cheap.

Also, I got a message from Reigun. He doesn't have a copy of the game atm and may not be able to participate.

not sure if that's going to happen.

Lyte Edge

Ultimoo said:
Ultimoo 3 - 0 Lyte Edge

gg, so rusty. :(

YEAH IT'S OVER I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! FREEDOM!!! XD

Did better than I thought I would with Trish in that last round. Anyway back to Street Fighter!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
taskmaster = brain dead. amirite.
I like braindead taskmasters free wins! Plus they don't do the full life solo combos cause those are actually kinda hard. To bad online sucks for the most part and they are damn near impossible to pull off online -.-

Pool White haired boys ≡ SephirothRK ° ~Devil Trigger~ ° akachan ningen - Akachin and DT suppose to play for tie breaker.

Pool Not Final Fantasy ≡ Cloudius ° Lyte Edge ° Ultimo

Pool 9999 Damage ≡ Reigun ° NeoUltima ° Prototype-03 - Reigun doesnt have the game anymore?

Pool Ugly mustache men ≡ Karsticles ° Morro! ° giancarlo123x - Morro! and giancarlo supposed to play GB?

Pool Can't dance but does anyway = Showmeyamoves ° Degen ° Spindashing - I think Spindashing and Showmeyourmoves still need to play?

Pool Wears a jetpack while boating ≡ the_log_ride ° Gibration ° Jetman1 - Gibration doesnt have the game anymore.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks Cloud.

For the two pools with players not having the game anymore. I'll let people decide who to bring back and replace them. It's up to you guys. If they agree, same rules apply and the last two move on. Let's get this over with.

NeoUltima

Kadey said:
Thanks Cloud.

For the two pools with players not having the game anymore. I'll let people decide who to bring back and replace them. It's up to you guys. If they agree, same rules apply and the last two move on. Let's get this over with.
It's your tournament, but just my thoughts, feel free to disagree...

Why bother replacing people? If people can't play, DQ them and move on. It's just going to waste more time otherwise. Not to mention, inserting people into an in-progress tournament isn't exactly fair. May as well just restart the tournament if you're gonna do that (might not be a horrible idea?).

Top Bottom