• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

°Marvel vs Capcom 3° NeoGAF tournament of salt and pringles

Pool White haired boys ≡ SephirothRK ° ~Devil Trigger~ ° akachan ningen - Akachin and DT suppose to play for tie breaker.

Pool Not Final Fantasy ≡ Cloudius ° Lyte Edge ° Ultimo

Pool 9999 Damage ≡ Reigun ° NeoUltima ° Prototype-03

Pool Ugly mustache men ≡ Karsticles ° Morro! ° giancarlo123x

Pool Can't dance but does anyway = Showmeyamoves ° Degen ° Spindashing

Pool Wears a jetpack while boating ≡ the_log_ride ° Gibration ° Jetman1

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is the current status.

Degen

I'm moving on?? How the--

i mean damn right i'm moving on. best player ever of all times yo, arf. viscant who, arf. neutralize, arf arf.

you guys really want that rogue bishowhatever, don't you

TOO BAD

it's mine and i have no idea what it's even for.

BRING THE PAIN. BRING THE PAIN. BRING THE PAIN. Arf.

Since most tournaments can play through almost a hundred players in a night with limited hardware, 12 people in one month should theoretically be simple. It won't be, though, unfortunately.

I'm committed to getting my matches in the weekend after the brackets are given.

I say place the amount of time people have till they are DQ'ed, this wont get done on time if people get all the time in the world to play.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SolarPowered said:
This is the Tournament of the forever man!
That describes every GAF tourney LOL I think the sf4 one lasted til AFTER ssf4 was out for like a month xD

Not really her fault outside of not being more strict, but that's moreso the people that just straight up didn't say oh I'm not playing anymore and so on or just not responding. It was out of her hands with the way the set up was already and it would of been kinda f'd to just change it to something super strict out of the blue specially when others already got by slacking in the same tourney.

She said she doesn't want to do anymore tourney's on ps3 anymore and that's a shame. If it really comes to that we could all prob work something out together for small events between us
cough cough prizes
. I mean everyone should have fun :D

Although it will be a damn shame if that rogue figure goes no where SOMEONE FREAKING WIN IT T.T

QisTopTier said:
Although it will be a damn shame if that rogue figure goes no where SOMEONE FREAKING WIN IT T.T
I'll win it when the Xbox 360 tournament comes around and I'll sell it to my cousin for a small fortune haha.

Nah, I'd totally keep it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
As soon as the last match is completed, I will randomize the next bracket. Someone do me a favor and list the current stats of this bracket. Wins and losses, etc.

Pool White haired boys ≡ SephirothRK °~Devil Trigger~ ° akachan ningen
SephirothRK vs ~Devil Trigger~
2-1 SephirothRK
SephirothRK vs akachan ningen
3-0 SephirothRK
akachan ningen vs ~Devil Trigger~
2-1 akachan ningen

Tiebreaker
akachan ningen vs ~Devil Trigger~
1-2 ~Devil Trigger~

Pool Not Final Fantasy ≡ Cloudius ° Lyte Edge ° Ultimo
Cloudius vs Lyte Edge
3-0 Cloudius
Cloudius vs Ultimo
3-0 Cloudius
Lyte Edge vs Ultimo
0-3 Ultimo

Pool 9999 Damage ≡ Reigun ° NeoUltima ° Prototype-03
Reigun vs NeoUltima
1-2 NeoUltima
Reigun vs Prototype-03
2-1 Reigun
NeoUltima vs Prototype-03
3-0 NeoUltima

Pool Ugly mustache men ≡ Karsticles ° Morro! ° giancarlo123x
Karsticles vs Morro!
2-1 Karsticles
Karsticles vs giancarlo123x
1-2 giancarlo123x
Morro! vs giancarlo123x
2-1 Morro!

Tiebreaker
giancarlo123x vs Morro!
3-1 giancarlo123x

Pool Can't dance but does anyway = Showmeyamoves ° Degen ° Spindashing
Showmeyamoves vs Degen
2-1 Showmeyamoves
Showmeyamoves vs Spindashing
2-1 Showmeyamoves
Degen vs Spindashing
2-1 Degen

Pool Wears a jetpack while boating ≡ the_log_ride ° Gibration ° Jetman1
the_log_ride vs Gibration
1-2 gibration
the_log_ride vs Jetman1
0-3 Jetman1
Gibration vs Jetman1
0-3 Jetman1

gibration doesn't have the game anymore so log_ride moves on

EDIT: Update to results underlined and italicized moves on.

QisTopTier said:
For you two, I can see it being over by monday. I'll murder you both otherwise LOL
too bad you can't bahaha

Reigun, from the looks of it, I won't be able to play today. Definitely Sunday. 8-10pm est good for you? Let me know!

ReiGun

Cloudius12 said:
too bad you can't bahaha

Reigun, from the looks of it, I won't be able to play today. Definitely Sunday. 8-10pm est good for you? Let me know!
That works perfectly for me!

GGs Reigun, I'm surprised you were able to execute those combos on me.

Cloudius vs Reigun

First to 5

5-0

After tourny casual is when I really got bust up.

ReiGun

I'm surprised I was able to execute anything. Still working off this rust lol. GGS. It was fun. Dat Taskmaster :(

NeoUltima

Pretty much humiliation tbh. Some of your combos were sick (especially that 100% on my Akuma).
Yeah a few games were close but I let your Morrigan make a come back in those games :(

In retrospect, instead of chasing after Phoenix, I probably should have just punished the meterbuild assist.

Lmao at the end of game 5. I thought I had won for a moment there. Tricky Morrigan.

Entertaining games for sure.

Thank you. The thing about the Dark Harmonizer is that it's only vulnerable for its first 10 frames. For some kind of reference, that's how long Double Lariat is vulnerable for, but it's vulnerable at the start instead of the end, so you kind of have to guess; there's just no reasonable way to react and attack within 10 frames. Amusingly enough, I once had an opponent decide to snap Morrigan in to stop the problem, but I don't think he realized that he was just encouraging me to use XF3 Dark Phoenix until much later...

Lmao at the end of game 5. I thought I had won for a moment there. Tricky Morrigan.
You aren't the only one that thought that. I was cursing myself for a moment, because I thought Hyper Sentinel Force destroyed my clone's projectile, and thus I lost the match. For some reason I didn't cancel into Shadow Servant, which destroys Sentinel's drones and hits him, and just sat there while the drones pummeled me. Oi! A few of the games came down to Morrigan clutching it out. I look forward to her buffs in Ultimate.

Edit:
So, it looks like this is how things stand; bold = victor.:
~Devil Trigger~-[vs]-giancarlo123x

Karsticles-[vs]-NeoUltima

Showmeyamoves-[vs]-Degen

SephirothRK-[vs]-Ultimo

the_log_ride-[vs]-Jetman1

Reigun-[vs]-Cloudius
Jetman and log_ride are working on their match.

What's the progress on Devil Trigger vs. Giancarlo and Showmeyamoves vs. Degen?

We're so close to finishing, let's make it happen! :-O

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I can today I think. Just pick a time.

We have 3 weeks until UMvC3 release, and, including our current round of fights, 3 rounds left minimum (or 4 depending on how Kadey handles the pool of 3). So...

Karsticles said:
We have 3 weeks until UMvC3 release, and, including our current round of fights, 3 rounds left minimum (or 4 depending on how Kadey handles the pool of 3). So...
um what? it's still a little over a month away. unless your umvc3 release is before the 15th somewhere.

Yeah, but people are going to get it early, and then people won't even care about finishing. :-/ Plus the strategy guide releases a week early. Also, I was taking giancarlo not having internet until next Tuesday into account.

I think our goal should be done in 3 weeks.

Top Bottom