• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

°Marvel vs Capcom 3° NeoGAF tournament of salt and pringles

Vinsanity

Karsticles said:
Hey hey hey, you're giving things away! :-O

I kid, no big deal. I'm working on a different team right now. That's just the one I have the most experience with right now.

I was honestly really worried when you had Spider-man and Deadpool on your team. Those are two of my worst matchups for Dormammu, and it's not pretty for Sentinel either. And if I get down to Doom, it's basically GG unless it's 1v1 since he's not that great at opening people up.

Sorry about that, I figured everyone knew about your team, so I opened my big mouth. Definitely good games, but my execution was too rusty. I was thinking of shelving the game after months of not playing, but now I kinda feel like picking it up again.

Neki

You use Tron assist; nothing is more irritating than Tron or Haggar, because basic fighting game concepts like wakeup games, resets, and blockstring pressure don't apply to you. All I can do is zone and hope for the best.
yeah but then I have to deal with a bad character like Tron, whose match-ups are almost as bad as Sentinel, who is also on my team. :p

All of you... MOVE IT. I WANT MAH STICK. NAO. D:
I don't know if Happy is still moving, or what. loool.

Morris

Disco Devil
Chavelo said:
MrMephistoX -[vs]- thetechkid
Showmeyamoves -[vs]- TDLink
IntelliHeath -[vs]- BigFwoosh
GatorBait -[vs]- _dementia
ReiGun -[vs]- SquirrelNuckle
Solarpowered -[vs]- captmcblack
Lyte Edge -[vs]- the_painted_bird
Kirblar -[vs]- giancarlo123x
Happy Phantom -[vs]- Ultimoo
Fistwell -[vs]- weallstink

All of you... MOVE IT. I WANT MAH STICK. NAO. D:

Seriously though, some of you should at least tell us why you haven't played your match.

Y'all just slowin' it down for everyone else.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Well I'm not sure what's up with TDLink. But like I said before pm through psn and we can go.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Cloudius12 said:
Send a PM on GAF if you havent done so. Some of them may not even know this tournament has started or have forgotten.

I've PM'd my opponent and sent a friend request. Still waiting for him to accept it. I should be a push-over in this game at this point, too!

Chavelo

How about this... What if I send a general PM about the matches for the people who haven't done them yet? And if you posted on this thread saying you're waiting for your opponent, then you can just ignore the PM or tell me to go to hell or something. :p

kirblar said:
I just started a new job, but should be available this saturday. ><

Sorry about holding things up.
You have around a certain time? On Saturday ill be available about 12 to around 4 P.M. eastern time.

Sorry about that, I figured everyone knew about your team, so I opened my big mouth. Definitely good games, but my execution was too rusty. I was thinking of shelving the game after months of not playing, but now I kinda feel like picking it up again.
Oh, I was just joking about you exposing me. I won't be using that team in my next match likely, unless I want to test my opponent by using Sentinel on point. Too many risks against certain matchups.

Marvel does that to you - it's like a drug!

yeah but then I have to deal with a bad character like Tron, whose match-ups are almost as bad as Sentinel, who is also on my team. :p
I don't think Tron is bad at all when backed up by Sentinel Force assist. You could always put Sentinel second, too; he's much better when backed up by Tron.

How about this... What if I send a general PM about the matches for the people who haven't done them yet? And if you posted on this thread saying you're waiting for your opponent, then you can just ignore the PM or tell me to go to hell or something. :p
I'm fine with deleting a message.

TDLink

Cloudius12 said:
Send a PM on GAF if you havent done so. Some of them may not even know this tournament has started or have forgotten.

This is what happened in my case. Check your GAF PMs, Showmeyourmoves.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My PM is almost always full these days. I can't send a bunch of PMs like I use to. We'll get it done. I can't see this lasting longer than the scrubs tourney.

GatorBait

Checked in via PM with _dementia to see when he wanted to play our game. Received a response back from him: "Sorry, I forfeit. I wouldn't have been a challenge anyway."

If any other first round players haven't been able to get in contact with their opponent, can I get someone reseeded against me?

Degen

_dementia's lack of that cool animated avatar has left him in a weakened state. he just needs time

gatorbait vs bigfwoosh pay-per-view LET'S GO

$10 on the dude that picks sentinel!!!

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Beat TDLink 3-0

Great job. The first match was intense.

TDLink

Showmeyamoves said:
Beat TDLink 3-0

Great job. The first match was intense.

Yeah. I wish I could have given you a better set. Just was so rusty and haven't had a ton of time to practice. It was fun anyways though.

kirblar

giancarlo123x said:
I didnt get a chance to answer this on time but I always work in the evening. You know when you think you will be free again?
Are mornings best? I'm going to have to be up early Monday/Tuesday.

shaowebb

Is this tourney still going on? If so at this rate you may need to place a time limit per round or something because I'd really love to know who the winner is sometime before SMVC3 hits and I'm betting others may wish to get on with the next bracket of matches soon.

akachan ningen said:
I agree, let's get this moving. Cut the dead weight.
I sent captmcblack the friend request on the very day the matchups were set. I even gave a comprehensive little paragraph explaining that it started and I'm pretty sure I even gave him my time zone(I'm pretty sure he lives in NYC like me).

He accepted it, but I haven't gotten a message since and I've played over 150 matches in the last week alone. Shit, if it were up to me I would've have made my way through at least three people or I would have been knocked out by now.

Kadey can cut me if that is the case, but I certainly did my best to get my matches started.

Edit: Captmcblack last signed on ten days ago lol. Guess it is my fault for being lazy then.

BigFwoosh

I don't mind being cut either. Haven't heard from Intelliheath since he posted in here saying his game was missing, and I haven't really played MvC in like 3 months probably.

JeTmAn81

Another vote for deadlines to keep the tourney moving. I say every round allows you two weeks to play your match.

Another vote for deadlines to keep the tourney moving. I say every round allows you two weeks to play your match.
IMO, 1 week without any communication from a player forfeits that player.

As long as people are trying to connect, I can be patient. I just don't want the tournament to not progress because of a leaver.

I went to sleep last night almost two hours after Captmcblack was supposed to get home and I got no message on gaf(I sent a message yesterday and he responded pretty quickly) or PSN. Still hasn't signed on in PSN either.

Gonna try some messages while I'm sitting here in limbo I guess.

Lyte Edge

The Painted Bird finally accepted my friend request, but I still have yet to hear back from him.

Again, I'm gonna be an online punching bag at this point! What's the hold-up?

JeTmAn81 said:
Should be a week in my opinion. I played the BlazBlue tournament here on Gaf and it felt much quicker than this.

Lyte Edge

SolarPowered said:
Should be a week in my opinion. I played the BlazBlue tournament here on Gaf and it felt much quicker than this.

This is the slowest NeoGAF online tourney that I've ever participated in. Might have to drop out since I'm gonna end up forgetting to even check this thread soon, lol.

_dementia said:
Did the BB tourney even finish?
I went back and checked it, but I'm not even sure. I think there were a whole bunch of drop outs at the end. Most pools finished their matches within a matter of weeks though.

shaowebb

Okay I have a suggestion to fix this whole mess if everyone is willing to hear my suggestion.

Why don't we just PM the thread starter Kadey and ask for them to set a vote in the thread to mulligan the damned thing and start it over this weekend for the holidays?

Hell at this point if everyone is okay with it why not just send PM's to folks on the brackets and tell them this tourney died out and its being replaced.

If it pans out and those who played are cool redoing their first round then you guys could just have a MOD delete this thread and announce a new tourney with round deadlines in a new thread. This way we could finally finish a GAF MVC3 tourney and swag could finally be won .

Considering what Sixfortyfive stated about Live this weekend in the official thread its a good time to throw in a reboot on the tourney...course if its a PS3 only tourney that blows. Maybe 360 bracket and PS3 bracket?

Either way...anyone up for asking Kadey to scrap this and start over with deadlines?

Degen

shaowebb said:
Okay I have a suggestion to fix this whole mess if everyone is willing to hear my suggestion.

Why don't we just PM the thread starter Kadey and ask for him to set a vote in the thread to mulligan the damned thing and start it over this weekend for the holidays?

Hell at this point if everyone is okay with it why not just send PM's to folks on the brackets and tell them this tourney died out and its being replaced.

If it pans out and those who played are cool redoing their first round then you guys could just have a MOD delete this thread and announce a new tourney with round deadlines in a new thread. This way we could finally finish a GAF MVC3 tourney and swag could finally be won .

Considering what Sixfortyfive stated about Live this weekend in the official thread its a good time to throw in a reboot on the tourney...course if its a PS3 only tourney that blows. Maybe 360 bracket and PS3 bracket?

Either way...anyone up for asking Kadey to scrap this and start over with deadlines?
i guess there really are no girls on the internet.. wait, *spits out Lord Chesterfield® Ale* a whole new tournament? whaought

i vote that everyone who hasn't fought but posts in here gets pitted against one another on the Field of Battle, with an actual deadline
..and the ones who haven't even bothered to check up on this thread get the boot (dat Sicily [the middle of Italy])

just my 2 cents which may very well be carelessly thrown into a fountain at some rundown-ass half-the-outlets-are-vacant-ass mall

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm a female. Tourney is still running the way it is. Simple as that.

If people want to quit, that is up to them. As far as I can tell, nobody has told me they quit whether PM or this thread. I've stated many times there are no time frames for the matches. People have obligations and daily life to take care of but they still deserve a chance to be in it. Read the last two tournament threads to see how these tournaments flow. Besides the setbacks they were successful. Very successful.

shaowebb

Kadey said:
I'm a female. Tourney is still running the way it is. Simple as that.

If people want to quit, that is up to them. As far as I can tell, nobody has told me they quit whether PM or this thread. I've stated many times there are no time frames for the matches. People have obligations and daily life to take care of but they still deserve a chance to be in it. Read the last two tournament threads to see how these tournaments flow. Besides the setbacks they were successful. Very successful.

Okay, but you may wanna PM some of those folks yourself just to remind them that they still have matches.

Hopefully, things heat up soon. I'd love to see how this turns out.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It really doesn't help that the thread is in the community section. Not too many care to come here to see what's up. Some people are too occupied with other things.

I'll give them a little while before I bring down the hammer.

Top Bottom